Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

At what point do YOU call for a manager to go?

Read 9916 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: At what point do YOU call for a manager to go?
      Reply #46: Nov 22, 2014 10:51:28 pm

I don't really agree with you mate, but 10/10 for having the courage to express your view. Excellent post mate.

MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #47: Nov 22, 2014 11:41:49 pm
      Look at the players he had during those title years, then look at how they are getting along after losing many of their best players. You can be impressed if you like that's your prerogative. Me not so much thanks.
      Yes sir, it is my right to be impressed, but I was trying to make a point that he is a better manager than ours. I just don't agree someone could say/belittle what he has done. Because I think he is a good manager.
      Just check on their transfer history, he got bundesliga with a proper transfer window

proof : http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/borussia-dortmund/2011/6/6/

in 2010/11

07/10   Japan   Shinji Kagawa   MF   Cerezo Osaka
      07/10   Germany   Florian Kringe   MF   Hertha BSC
      07/10   Australia   Mitchell Langerak   GK   Melbourne Victory
      07/10   Poland   Robert Lewandowski   FW   Lech Poznań
      07/10   Poland   Łukasz Piszczek   DF   Hertha BSC

Look at lewandowski and kagawa, have u ever heard Lech Poznan? Me : no. Cerezo Osaka? me: no.
      in 2011

In
      07/11   Germany   İlkay Gündoğan   MF   1. FC Nürnberg
      07/11   Germany   Julian Koch   DF   MSV Duisburg
      07/11   Germany   Moritz Leitner   MF   FC Augsburg
      07/11   Germany   Chris Löwe   DF   Chemnitzer FC
      07/11   Croatia   Ivan Perišić   MF   Club Brugge KV

He got a transfer window right. And maybe a set of proper scout team. I don't know.
      But still that takes effort.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #48: Nov 22, 2014 11:55:28 pm
      I
      Yes sir, it is my right to be impressed, but I was trying to make a point that he is a better manager than ours. I just don't agree someone could say/belittle what he has done. Because I think he is a good manager.
      Just check on their transfer history, he got bundesliga with a proper transfer window

proof : http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/borussia-dortmund/2011/6/6/

in 2010/11

07/10   Japan   Shinji Kagawa   MF   Cerezo Osaka
      07/10   Germany   Florian Kringe   MF   Hertha BSC
      07/10   Australia   Mitchell Langerak   GK   Melbourne Victory
      07/10   Poland   Robert Lewandowski   FW   Lech Poznań
      07/10   Poland   Łukasz Piszczek   DF   Hertha BSC

Look at lewandowski and kagawa, have u ever heard Lech Poznan? Me : no. Cerezo Osaka? me: no.
      in 2011

In
      07/11   Germany   İlkay Gündoğan   MF   1. FC Nürnberg
      07/11   Germany   Julian Koch   DF   MSV Duisburg
      07/11   Germany   Moritz Leitner   MF   FC Augsburg
      07/11   Germany   Chris Löwe   DF   Chemnitzer FC
      07/11   Croatia   Ivan Perišić   MF   Club Brugge KV

He got a transfer window right. And maybe a set of proper scout team. I don't know.
      But still that takes effort.

I agree with parts of this. I think Dortmund and Atletico are good examples of teams trying to compete with the richer clubs. However, look at the cost to Dortmund this year; they are struggling in the league. Bayern just come along and  take Lewandowski and Goetze and probably Reus. Look at Atletico, Chelsea come in and just take Costa. It is
      a real problem.

We can scout, get great potential. BR and his team could do a better job in scouting. Maybe we could have tactics that allow us to get the right players etc. In reality, Chelsea, City even Utd and Arsenal can out spend us. BArca, MAdrid , CHelsea, BAyern.. look at their squads. They have 'gamed' football. If we get a great  player .. they will be off to one of these teams. We need to be able to win without world class superstars 'who are in their prime' because unless they are getting paid accordingly and winning they will leave.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #49: Nov 23, 2014 07:17:09 am
      When he seems unable to stop the rot and can't take the decisions or make the changes that have put us in this position that we are calling for his head. Ignoring the injuries and other factors, are you making the best of what is available at your disposal.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #50: Nov 23, 2014 07:32:12 am
      6 months ago, we were begging the owners to sort out a new contract for Brendan. Despite being in with a great chance of making Europe after Christmas, quarter finals of the League Cup, 5 points off a top 4 spot, now we want him fired, after all the turbulence on the pitch since the summer?

Mourinho may be taking the piss out of everyone in the league, and things may not look quite like last season here, but tbh they're not that bad. Brendan is a long way from the P45 right now.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #51: Nov 23, 2014 08:18:29 am
      6 months ago, we were begging the owners to sort out a new contract for Brendan. Despite being in with a great chance of making Europe after Christmas, quarter finals of the League Cup, 5 points off a top 4 spot, now we want him fired, after all the turbulence on the pitch since the summer?

Mourinho may be taking the piss out of everyone in the league, and things may not look quite like last season here, but tbh they're not that bad. Brendan is a long way from the P45 right now.

Unbelievable isn't it. Football is for the fickle, of that there is no doubt.

This club is in no position to chop and change managers (and rightly so to some extent) every time we're caught in the eye of a storm.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #52: Nov 23, 2014 09:22:54 am

This club is in no position to chop and change managers (and rightly so to some extent) every time we're caught in the eye of a storm.
      It ridiculous isn't it last season a genius this season a dunce.!!!
      But it is the business they (the managers) are in nowadays.
      If Brendan and the team balls up today and in Europe in midweek I can see real pressure building on him.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #53: Nov 23, 2014 09:31:09 am
      It ridiculous isn't it last season a genius this season a dunce.!!!
      But it is the business they (the managers) are in nowadays.
      If Brendan and the team balls up today and in Europe in midweek I can see real pressure building on him.

I think if we lose to Ludo even FSG may raise their heads from the accounts for a moment and take notice.

Are you in favour of giving him another couple of years no matter what mate, or would there be some circumstances in which he would have to go at the end of this season (or before) ?
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 09:47:06 am by s@int, Reason: spelled there wrong :) »
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #54: Nov 23, 2014 09:40:04 am
      As of now, we are closer to the relegation zone than to the top 4. It's obvious to anyone who watches the Reds on a regular basis what issues we've had from more or less the Southampton game. So far the manager has done nothing to rectify it. Another worry is the fact Spurs game aside, we have been poor in more or less all the other games.

Hopefully, Brendan has used the international break to step back and look at the bigger picture here and we see some sort of change in line-up or tactics today.

As people of mentioned on here, I've never taken to him as a man but he has my backing at the moment due to what he achieved last season but there is a crucial period coming up and by Christmas, if we are still mid-table and possibly out of the Champions League then surely questions will need to be asked.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #55: Nov 23, 2014 09:40:24 am
      I think he has got 5 games until serious questions start being asked about whether he has to go.

Crystal Palace (A)
      Ludogorets (A)
      Stoke City (H)
      Leicester (A)
      Sunderland (H)

All games we should be winning comfortably.  Should we lose most of them, especially the Ludogorets... We could be miles off the top 4 places and out of the champs league before christmas

Which given the money spent over the summer is totally unacceptable and in my opinion his position should be seriously considered.

Regardless of our transfer shambles we have a much better like for like team to beat all of them comfortably.

I think we have been lucky this year because if the usual top 4/5 teams hadn't been sh*te too (chelsea un included) we could have been well out of the race for the top 4.

Also lets not forget we were laughing and praying the mancs would keep moyes last year... We are in a pretty much similar situation this year.

Also I know that this post may get me lambasted but I'm not arsed I want what is best for the club, and if that means a change of manager then so be it.

Furthermore as someone pointed out above, if that change happens too late too much irreparable damage may have already been done.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #56: Nov 23, 2014 09:49:50 am
      Brendan needs to pick a winning side, but to win games the side needs to be out scoring the opposition as we all know. Problem is with the lack of goals upfront. The manager needs to find a winning combination and not make wholesale changes, like he has done in the past.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Nov 23, 2014 11:04:34 am
      I'm not convinced Klopp would fair any better than Brendan under the same constraints of FSG,
      When Klopp was succeeding with Dortmund there wasn't many others challenging for the Bundesleague at that time,
      He did of course have 4-5 top quality players at his disposal and moulded a very good side from the others,
      Also feel that the quality of the opposition wasn't that good unlike what it was here, and is today,
      So no not for me thanks very much,

IF,  FSG decided to let Brendan go, I'd much prefer to see Rafa back,  but unfortunately I doubt they would even consider him.

......just put my tin hat on......

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YNWA

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 02:20:09 pm by JD »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #58: Nov 23, 2014 11:29:24 am
      I'm not convinced Klopp would fair any better than Brendan under the same constraints of FSG,
      When Klopp was succeeding with Dortmund there wasn't many others challenging for the Bundesleague at that time,
      He did of course have 4-5 top quality players at his disposal and moulded a very good side from the others,
      Also feel that the quality of the opposition wasn't that good unlike what it was here, and is today,
      So no not for me thanks very much,

IF,  FSG decided to let Brendan go, I'd much prefer to see Rafa back,  but unfortunately I doubt they would even consider him.

......just put my tin hat on......

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YNWA

I think it might be the Southampton fans you have to watch out for mate. I don't think they will be too pleased if we now rob them of their manager too.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014 02:21:07 pm by JD »
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #59: Nov 23, 2014 12:28:06 pm
      I think if we lose to Ludo even FSG may raise their heads from the accounts for a moment and take notice.

Are you in favour of giving him another couple of years no matter what mate, or would there be some circumstances in which he would have to go at the end of this season (or before) ?
      I would at least give the man until the end of the season just think it's only right and proper.
      Have a shitty feeling though if it goes tits up today and on Wednesday like you alluded that FSG may take severe action.
      They sacked Kenny Dalglish !!!!!i don't think they would bat a eyelid at disposing of Brendan.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #60: Nov 23, 2014 12:58:29 pm
      Should we lose most of them, especially the Ludogorets... We could be miles off the top 4 places and out of the champs league before christmas
      And the prize for 'Stating The Obvious In An Attempt To Look Profound' goes to...  >:D
      MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #61: Nov 23, 2014 03:06:17 pm
      Goodbye, Rodgers!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #62: Nov 23, 2014 03:21:38 pm
      Expecting a big Surge in this thread now  :f_tongueincheek:
      manofwords
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #63: Nov 23, 2014 03:21:48 pm
      Brendan Rodgers should take all the blame for sh*t buying this year. Clearly he is poor at tactics. With Suarez and Sturridge not playing one would expect him to solidify his team to play to get points. But no! He asks them to do something which they just cannot do without Sturridge and Suarez. That is a sign of inflexible manager. Either he changes or he should be replaced. Thanks for last season. But cant take this anymore. :mad:
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #64: Nov 23, 2014 03:24:25 pm
      Expecting a big Surge in this thread now  :f_tongueincheek:

yes and i'll be the first to add.  4 consecutive defeats new.  horrible sh*te performances to bottom feeder teams like CP.  really, what other reactions would you anticipate there to be?  there is a line for fans between patience and finally calling for BR to go.  If we haven't reached it now, I believe we are very close to it.  (the ludo game might be it tbh)

however, personally I think BR has lost the dressing room.

- horrible coaching decisions
      - horrible transfers
      - horrible subs
      - we don't even have that 'attacking' dna anymore

losing suarez was going to hurt us a bit... but every part of our team currently is sh*te.  look at us.. how are we even top 10 material when we have glaring problems from the GK all the way to the CF.  this is so sad really... we have not improved, what we did during the summer was a beautiful display of blowing 120mil on sh*te players.

I wish BR well but I think he has to go.  We need FSG to realize quality = money.  go find us a proven top calibre manager.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #65: Nov 23, 2014 03:27:21 pm
      personally I think he has lost the dressing room.

- horrible coaching decisions
      - horrible transfers
      - horrible subs
      - we don't even have that 'attacking' dna anymore

losing suarez was going to hurt us a bit... but every part of our team currently is sh*te.  look at us.. how are we even top 10 material when we have glaring problems from the GK all the way to the CF.  this is so sad really... we have not improved, what we did during the summer was a beautiful display of blowing 120mil on sh*te players.

I wish BR well but I think he has to go.  We need FSG to realize quality = money.  go find us a proven top calibre manager.

You won't get a top quality manager that will work with FSG!
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #66: Nov 23, 2014 03:28:22 pm
      Tought this day would never come, but this is just not working anymore.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #67: Nov 23, 2014 03:29:24 pm
      You won't get a top quality manager that will work with FSG!

sadly I agree with you.  the manager is really one area FSG cannot skimp on.  a great manager will make mediocre players good.  will be able to get players in that are truly diamonds.  pay more on the manager.. save on wasted transfers
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #68: Nov 23, 2014 03:30:39 pm
      I have never been one to call for a managers head infact the only time I ever have was the dark days of Woy Hodgson. However...

I think he should be given until January to turn things around and if he can't then I'm sorry but there needs to be a change, give someone else an opportunity to salvage something from this season.

Quick Reply