Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Difficult decisions - tough times!

Read 2767 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Difficult decisions - tough times!
      Reply #23: Nov 24, 2014 01:03:08 am
      Is this the cocaine rumour mate?

No idea what the dirt is meant to be mate.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #24: Nov 24, 2014 02:43:47 am
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-makes-4509504

Plus Stevie G is Rodgers' landlord.

And to add more fuel to the fire, Stevie G is also working with Glen Johnson as part of his property management company...

http://www.johnsonsrealestate.com/

Johnsons realestate? like the pr**k has not made enough money collecting 120 a week for sweet F**k all.

Greedy bas**rds the lot of them focus should be fighting for the shirt week in and week out not growing your personal wealth.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #25: Nov 24, 2014 04:44:42 am

F***ing hell.  I didn't see that article when it came out.  What a F***ing mess.  This one moves into that one's house, that one moves with his bird into this one's house, this one pays that one, that one gets money from this one.  The whole thing reeks to high heavens if you ask me.  makes it look like some sort of corrupt old boys' club.  I'm sorry but if that is true there is no way anyone can honestly believe that it doesn't affect the relationships between the players and the manager etc. 

"Hey Stevie lad, you're old and past it so I'm going to drop you.  Oh by the way here is this month's rent."
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: Nov 24, 2014 05:39:39 am
      This really sticks out at me;

"I think the pressure is if you're Manchester City or Chelsea, and you've spent that money and you expect to win the league.

"That's probably pressure. I don't think there's pressure on us, other than what we have from within.

"Look at Tottenham. If you spend more than Ā£100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

Talk about eating your own words.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #27: Nov 24, 2014 06:05:47 am
      Talk about eating your own words.

the rules don't apply to Rodgers.

haven't you learned that by now?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Nov 24, 2014 08:09:12 am
      Stop being so F***ing stubborn Brendan. You are killing us.

Your formation and tactics worked last year because we had the 2 best Strikers in the League playing for us.

We don't anymore so get yer sh*t together, rip up your old tactics and get with the times. Unfortunately I think it's too late but better late then never!
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #29: Nov 24, 2014 09:02:59 am
      This is what Readingā€™s chairman stated after he sacked Rodgers 5 years ago:

ā€œI understand he didnā€™t have much time but we got on a slippery slope and it just got worse. Signings didnā€™t settle, Brendan was adamant his style of play would eventually work. Results kept getting worse, performances too. Results & performances did not match what the manager was consistently telling me. The fans started to tell me a different story. Brendan refused to comprehend the notion of changing his ways so adamant was he that he would be successful. The only thing that was changing rapidly was our league position. Was it hasty sacking him? (No) Did we avoid relegation with McDermott? (Yes)ā€ā€

If you compare that Rodgers with last season's man, you will not see anything similar. Learns from mistake, choosing the inform players etc. However this seasons and the things going on are exactly like his words.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #30: Nov 24, 2014 10:29:52 am

Robbie Fowler ā€@Robbie9Fowler 
      Times are tough .... Remember
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Nov 24, 2014 10:40:34 am
      When Lovren slipped for the second goal Stevie looked across to him and his look said everything you need to know.
      It was a look of disbelief that he couldn't even stay on his feet and get a tackle in just so basic a task.
      The players obviously don't trust each other you have last seasons who got us second and this seasons who have not done much at all.
      There is a divide at Melwood and that's not a good thing
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #32: Nov 24, 2014 11:05:39 am
      One of the most significant problems we have currently is that our club captain has not been offered a new contract.  Now first off, I don't think he deserves one but I respect the views of many that have said he does deserve one.

Either way - it's extremely unproductive for a football club to have a club captain who could, in theory, be arranging a bosman deal as we speak.

If LFC are going to offer him a new contract they should have sorted it by now.  If they're not then I don't see how he can remain as captain?

Does that make sense.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #33: Nov 24, 2014 11:18:42 am
      One of the most significant problems we have currently is that our club captain has not been offered a new contract.  Now first off, I don't think he deserves one but I respect the views of many that have said he does deserve one.

Either way - it's extremely unproductive for a football club to have a club captain who could, in theory, be arranging a bosman deal as we speak.

If LFC are going to offer him a new contract they should have sorted it by now.  If they're not then I don't see how he can remain as captain?

Does that make sense.

Have we ever been on top of our game when it comes to contracts?

We always seem to piss around in this department where as other clubs get this boxed off very early.

The only person that I can recall who knew what it was doing was Sir John Smith. Retired in 1990, and there you have it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #34: Nov 24, 2014 11:19:40 am

Does that make sense.

I think having two players (Gerrard and Johnson) who seem to be picked whether they play well or not in the team after being asked to accept half the wages they were on is asking for trouble. Being senior players (one the Captain) can only exacerbate any problems.

I think Gerrard deserves a new contract but I agree it should have been sorted one way or the other some time ago and allowing the uncertainty to continue is unhelpful to say the least.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Nov 24, 2014 11:24:41 am

Does that make sense.

100%.
      Begs the question:
      If Brendan is keeping him as captain and FSG aren't going to meet his demands
      then what the F**k is going on between Brendan and FSG?

Hardly the consistent approach of parties that are focused on the same goals.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #36: Nov 24, 2014 11:37:12 am

Does that make sense.

What does not make sense are the decisions by whoever is cracking the F***ing whip (and that in itself is a mystery) resulting in our captain and supporters left in a limbo.
      This flies in the face as do so many actualities, of FSG's claimed ''long term viability'' interest for LFC.
      How the F**k can you base success on doubt and suspicion?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #37: Nov 24, 2014 12:01:08 pm
      It's got to be a tricky political decision for the manager.

He is on the verge of losing the dressing room and he needs Gerrard on his side.

Dropping him means he would be unlikely to sign that new contract he wants and he could well lose the squad as Stevie would no doubt perceive he was being blamed for the poor results and go into one of his sulks.

At this point in time though we need to get results more than anything else.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #38: Nov 24, 2014 12:15:53 pm
      If we do appoint a new manager, I'd actually be for a complete clearout of the old guard.

Stevie G has been a loyal servant and a linchpin for our team for over 15 years now but unlike Jamie Carragher, seems hellbent on wanting to play on which is absolutely fine - but perhaps a move away from the club may be good for all concerned. Then there are the likes of Glen Johnson and Martin Skrtel who have become stale and also need to move on I feel.

What we need is a new spine to the team and it has to start with a replacement for Stevie G first and foremost for me. He's a terrific player and still has something to offer but until he moves on, I just don't see the team progressing for the future.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #39: Nov 24, 2014 01:07:49 pm
      i think a new manager should get rid of three quarters of our players ... i would only keep moreno, sakho, can, sterling, coutinho and sturridge and maybe lucas, lallana as cover
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #40: Nov 24, 2014 01:11:26 pm
      i think a new manager should get rid of three quarters of our players ... i would only keep moreno, sakho, can, sterling, coutinho and sturridge and maybe lucas as cover

You would get rid of Lallana and Hendo too? Come on mate get a grip.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #41: Nov 24, 2014 01:19:24 pm
      i've edited my post and said i would keep lallana as cover ... henderson i think is overrated lately
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #42: Nov 24, 2014 01:22:56 pm
      So far this season fans have scapegoated

Mignolet
      Johnson
      Skrtel
      Lovern
      Gerrard
      Coutinho
      Balotelli
      Markovic
      Borini (mostly for staying)
      Rodgers
      Pascoe/Marsh

And of course the loss of Suarez and then inuries to Sturridge. Thats a sad f**king picture. In truth not one person at the club is doing there job to the best of there ability and there in lies the problem

The manager keeps going with the same system thats not working and picking the same players who arent doing it. The players need a kick in the arse not an arm around the shoulder and be told to sort themselves out, every one of them. 2 glaring incidents yesterday that hammer home our mindset. Skrtel and Lovern leaving a ball for each other to deal with which could easily have seen a palace man get on the ball ina very dangerous area before eventually Skrtel decided to hoof it out, both men captain there country I believe but neither wanted to take control of that situation. The 2nd incident highlights the lack of brain power in the team, Manquillos shot that fired across the goalmouth. Not 1 Liverpool player gambled on that happenning to make a run toward the 6 yard box to tap it in. A Fowler or a Rush would have turned that terrible shot into a goal. Not 1 pllayer on the pitch had that mindset. Even if the shot forced a save and the keeper spilled it tehre was no player bothered for a follow up

Our problems are far deeper then any player or the management team. Some old school work needed now. Absolutely bollox them out of it in training push them to the limit then go on the p*ss every last man in the team. If 2 players need a punch up to solve any issue let them off at it and clear the air. Because at the minute to a man they are a disgrace to this club
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #43: Nov 24, 2014 01:38:15 pm
      Last year I was continuously refusing to accept the fact, that Suarez was the only  reason for our good performances.
      I was saying that football is a team game and although he is our most valuable asset the whole team contributes to our good results.
      Also I was praising BR for using Gerrard as a deep lying MF.
      However, the weak defense was there all along. Terrible defense but an awesome attack.
      This year the defense stayed the same. We pretty much gonna end up at around 50 goals against, but we are far away from the 101 that we scored last year.
      I do not only blame BR. It's the whole team that has been confused by the departure of Suarez and the constant injuries of Sturridge. There is a lack of confidence and you can see that in the way we play. Last year the players were coming on the pitch and you can sense the confidence. This year you can see the fear of a potential defeat in every game.
      BR is 100% responsible for the transfers he picked, and for the stubbornness of not having a plan B when everything is wrong.
      However, FSG should also have a plan B when everything goes wrong and I do not mean to sack the manager.

It's dark times. I hope that with a win in the CHL the confidence will come back.

Quick Reply