Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

At what point do YOU call for a manager to go?

Read 9982 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: At what point do YOU call for a manager to go?
      Reply #138: Nov 24, 2014 08:39:47 am
      I honestly thought I'd wake up this morning and read the headlines Brendan Rodgers Sacked!

I didn't, so their is till a slight glimmer of hope he'll turn it all around but if he doesn't start changing his tactics and the players he chooses and stop being a stubborn f**ker, I think the end is nigh.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #139: Nov 24, 2014 08:52:54 am
      So last season was down to S&S! Is it Brendan's fault that neither of them are available?
      Had Suarez stayed,  Brendan may only have brought in 4 players instead of 9, leaving an easier job of finding a settled team.

With all these new players,  injuries, and a serious drop in form from some of our seasoned players,  it's almost like he's like a new manager trying to find his feet with players he doesn't know too well.

I honestly thought I'd wake up this morning and read the headlines Brendan Rodgers Sacked!

I didn't, so their is till a slight glimmer of hope he'll turn it all around but if he doesn't start changing his tactics and the players he chooses and stop being a stubborn f**ker, I think the end is nigh.

It's possible John Henry hasn't heard about the result yet Ian, it's not like he watches football! He probably only checks the Soccer results on Fox Sports!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #140: Nov 24, 2014 08:58:43 am
      People have a habit of saying we are knowledgeable fans .now most of  us can see that our defence is leading on the side of fckin abysmal if we can all see that and ha can't or won't does he really deserve such an honour of managing us , been way to goby in the press and things are coming back to ravage his arse  tick tock and all that better get your finger out your arse , the biggest worry there are no longer any world class players at the club to drag us out of it .
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #141: Nov 24, 2014 09:06:59 am
      Our record this season (all comps)

P18   W6    D3    L9   F21   A27  Win% 33.33

Cold hard stats right there.

Depressing stuff.

Now somebody post Woy's win rate just to make it worse.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #142: Nov 24, 2014 09:07:17 am
      So last season was down to S&S! Is it Brendan's fault that neither of them are available?
      Had Suarez stayed,  Brendan may only have brought in 4 players instead of 9, leaving an easier job of finding a settled team.

With all these new players,  injuries, and a serious drop in form from some of our seasoned players,  it's almost like he's like a new manager trying to find his feet with players he doesn't know too well.

It's possible John Henry hasn't heard about the result yet Ian, it's not like he watches football! He probably only checks the Soccer results on Fox Sports!

You're probably right OR...will wait till tomorrows headlines...Always knew the US was about 15-18 hours behind us.  ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #143: Nov 24, 2014 09:22:08 am
      Perhaps a poll should be added, whether we want Brendan to stay on or not, in the current position we are in results wise. Also another point who would want to take over as manager, the way things stand at the moment, very difficult under the present circumstances.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #144: Nov 24, 2014 09:31:18 am
      Perhaps a poll should be added, whether we want Brendan to stay on or not, in the current position we are in results wise. Also another point who would want to take over as manager, the way things stand at the moment, very difficult under the present circumstances.

Judging by the posts over the last 24 hours I'd say 40% want him to stay 40% want him sacked and 20% are on the fence pending the next 3/4 results. I am on the fence right now but if we don't win at least three of our next four games which are arguably our easiest fixtures of the season then the team is going nowhere this season under Brendan.

However I only want Rodgers to step down or be sacked IF there is a top manager with experience, credentials and has achieved something with a big club. Otherwise we might as well hold on to Rodgers and see if he can somehow turn the team around in the last 4/5 months of the season.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #145: Nov 24, 2014 09:52:53 am

It's not Brendan's fault that Suarez and Sturridge aren't available. It's Brendan's fault that the team was built around getting the best out of them and the defence and midfield were sorely neglected and its Brendan's fault that a goalkeeper who kept 16 league clean sheets in his last season was replaced by someone who's failed to do so in 50 league games. It's Brendan's fault that despite being 3 months into a new season there's still no discernible structure or pattern of play within the team after he spent £120M. It's Brendan's fault that players who played with one another last season now look like complete strangers. It's Brendan's fault that the team aren't arsed about the results and they aren't fighting for him or each other. Suarez staying wouldn't have solved our defensive frailties or our inability to compete in midfield or Brendan's inexplicable stubbornness in terms of team selection. It would have merely masked the issues temporarily but at the end of the day they'd still be there.

Here's another fun fact when Villas-Boas was sacked after our 5-0 win at White Hart Lane on the 15th of December. Spurs had lost 5 league matches in mid December. It took Brendan until the third week of November to lead us to 6 league defeats. At this point we're not only "doing a Tottenham" we're beating Tottenham at "doing a Tottenham".
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #146: Nov 24, 2014 10:14:51 am
      It's not Brendan's fault that Suarez and Sturridge aren't available. It's Brendan's fault that the team was built around getting the best out of them and the defence and midfield were sorely neglected and its Brendan's fault that a goalkeeper who kept 16 league clean sheets in his last season was replaced by someone who's failed to do so in 50 league games. It's Brendan's fault that despite being 3 months into a new season there's still no discernible structure or pattern of play within the team after he spent £120M. It's Brendan's fault that players who played with one another last season now look like complete strangers. It's Brendan's fault that the team aren't arsed about the results and they aren't fighting for him or each other. Suarez staying wouldn't have solved our defensive frailties or our inability to compete in midfield or Brendan's inexplicable stubbornness in terms of team selection. It would have merely masked the issues temporarily but at the end of the day they'd still be there.

Here's another fun fact when Villas-Boas was sacked after our 5-0 win at White Hart Lane on the 15th of December. Spurs had lost 5 league matches in mid December. It took Brendan until the third week of November to lead us to 6 league defeats. At this point we're not only "doing a Tottenham" we're beating Tottenham at "doing a Tottenham".
      I wouldn't be so quick to absolve the players from blame, Brendan didn't tell our defenders to ball watch and not bother attacking the ball,  Mignolet came to us with a good reputation,  Pepe made just as many mistakes that cost us games anyway.
      Like I said everyone thinks they know best,  but if the players aren't even doing the basics right, how can we trust them to carry out Brendan's instructions properly?  At the moment we have no focal point for an attack,  which is why we are seeing Sterling struggling,  he can run with the ball all day,  but unless he shoots himself, there is no outlet for him.  The ball is getting bogged down in midfield, where we either lose position are play it forward to a striker that isn't going to do anything meaningful with it.
      When we have Sturridge back it will take the pressure off the midfield, which in turn will take the pressure off the defence.

Don't underestimate the difference a quality attacker or 2 would make.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #147: Nov 24, 2014 10:30:36 am
      Judging by the posts over the last 24 hours I'd say 40% want him to stay 40% want him sacked and 20% are on the fence pending the next 3/4 results. I am on the fence right now but if we don't win at least three of our next four games which are arguably our easiest fixtures of the season then the team is going nowhere this season under Brendan.

However I only want Rodgers to step down or be sacked IF there is a top manager with experience, credentials and has achieved something with a big club. Otherwise we might as well hold on to Rodgers and see if he can somehow turn the team around in the last 4/5 months of the season.
      I was thinking the same. Unless we get an established big name , there won't be any change. It may get worse if we bring in another rookie .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #148: Nov 24, 2014 10:36:24 am
      Cold hard stats right there.

Depressing stuff.

Now somebody post Woy's win rate just to make it worse.

naughty.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #149: Nov 24, 2014 10:41:26 am
      I wouldn't be so quick to absolve the players from blame, Brendan didn't tell our defenders to ball watch and not bother attacking the ball,  Mignolet came to us with a good reputation,  Pepe made just as many mistakes that cost us games anyway.
      Like I said everyone thinks they know best,  but if the players aren't even doing the basics right, how can we trust them to carry out Brendan's instructions properly?  At the moment we have no focal point for an attack,  which is why we are seeing Sterling struggling,  he can run with the ball all day,  but unless he shoots himself, there is no outlet for him.  The ball is getting bogged down in midfield, where we either lose position are play it forward to a striker that isn't going to do anything meaningful with it.
      When we have Sturridge back it will take the pressure off the midfield, which in turn will take the pressure off the defence.

Mate you are making excuses for Brendan. By your logic out entire game plan and tactics hinge solely on Sturridge up front. But how do we know Sturridge will ever come back? Last season Brendan's tactics hinged on two brilliant dynamic strikers up front. But he had no back up plan in the event of one or both of there players not being available. He was just lucky they were available for most of the season. He had £120 million to spend in the summer to ensure he had a back up plan which should have been to spend at least half of it on two top class strikers. But he opted to sign Mario Balotelli and Rickie Lambert. By doing this he effectively shot himself in the foot and has been hobbling along all season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #150: Nov 24, 2014 10:43:04 am
      Very good point about an established big name coming in, but who would come to the club, in the present position we are in. Although Liverpool a worldwide and famous club, they seemingly have fallen a long way from the top to be fair. It will take at least two or three expensive signings to really turn things around, the point is FSG would be very reluctant to spend that sort of money tbh.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #151: Nov 24, 2014 10:47:15 am

In case you missed what I said earlier:

It should have been evident last season just how poor we are defensively. You take Suarez and Sturridge out of that team last season and our goal difference is -1 and God knows where we would have been without them in terms of points. I get that people were excited and happy and all that and they've developed some sense of loyalty towards Brendan for last season but surely someone has to see that we're doing something incredibly wrong from a structural and tactical perspective if 2 players (out of 11)  are the difference between our goal difference being +51 and -1.

Clearly I'm not underestimating the importance of having a quality forward. What I am questioning is why do we completely fall apart without a forward. Chelsea only finished 2 points behind us despite not having a 20 goal a season striker because of the structure of their team, a structure we completely lack and have lacked in Brendan's near 2 and a half year tenure. We're an absolute shambles and pardon me for not being too enthusiastic about pinning my hopes on an injury-prone striker turning our season around.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #152: Nov 24, 2014 10:51:16 am
      Topic Locked.

Duplication.  Please see the Brendan Rodgers thread.

Quick Reply