Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Manager shortlist

Read 2705 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Manager shortlist
      Nov 23, 2014 07:48:04 pm
      Perhaps a little early to write Brendan Rodgers off but I think the situation will be assessed after the Christmas run of games and it will be interesting, if nothing else, to see who the LFC Reds posters deem a possible replacement should the worst happen.

So onto my shortlist...

Jürgen Klopp - losing his best players to Bayern Munich will hurt and perhaps the perfect opportunity to pounce on one of Europe's top coaches

Frank De Boer - highly rated in Holland and will instantly improve our defence and will bring a freshness to our team

Unai Emery - working wonders at Sevilla who lost the core of their first team in the summer and someone who has the balls to drop big name players

Diego Simeone - perhaps the most difficult to get but shows raw passion, plays dirty but gets the job done and after all, it is a results business

Rafa Benitez - very rarely works out when a manager returns to a former club but will improve us defensively, can spot young talent and loves Liverpool
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Manager shortlist
      Reply #1: Nov 23, 2014 07:54:30 pm
      Do you want to order his taxi as well?

*Sorry old Everton joke!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2: Nov 23, 2014 07:56:45 pm
      On Feb 8th this year we beat Arsenal 5-1 at home. On March 16th this year we beat Man Utd 3-0 away. On 13th April this year we beat Man City 3-2 to go top of the table with the title in our hands. That last win was 16 league games ago. This thread is in poor taste, and a bit too early for me thanks fella.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #3: Nov 23, 2014 07:56:47 pm
      What the F**k is going on in here?

Shut this down please.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4: Nov 23, 2014 07:56:52 pm
      F**k off with this thread you F***ing beaut.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5: Nov 23, 2014 07:57:10 pm
      This thread is premature and not needed.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2014 07:57:12 pm
      The thread is a bit knee jerk no? Also, it's a tad disrespectful seeing as though Brendan is still in charge.

Just my opinion though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2014 07:58:39 pm
      Holy sh*t!!!   That's it, I'm done  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Call yourselves Liverpool fans, you're a F***ing disgrace  :mad:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #8: Nov 23, 2014 07:59:21 pm
      The thread is a bit knee jerk no? Also, it's a tad disrespectful seeing as though Brendan is still in charge.

Just my opinion though.

No, it's not just your opinion mate, you're spot on. The blurt who put it up wants a warning for this. Embarrassing.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #9: Nov 23, 2014 08:00:53 pm
      F**k off with this F***ing thread you F***ing beaut.

It lacked that oomph, fixed it for you! :laugh:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #10: Nov 23, 2014 08:02:17 pm
      I will say this much, when one of your own gets rounded on by all and sundry I have this unbelievable urge to jump in on their behalf. It was the case the last couple of years when world ganged up on Luis, and it's the case now with our manager. I don't want to get all Kevin Keegan here, but given threads like this I would f*cking love it if he turned it around.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #11: Nov 23, 2014 08:04:37 pm
      I obviously didn't know those dates before I looked them up, but if someone had told you as Coutinho buried the winner in that 3-2 thriller against Man City that in 16 games time our own fans would be putting their hands up to get rid of the manager, nobody would have believed you.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #12: Nov 23, 2014 08:07:15 pm
      F**k me what's going on!?!?
      Some on this forum have got our manager condemned, fired and selected his successor.
      And unbelievably discussion in several threads in the same vein.
      Get a F***ing grip.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #13: Nov 23, 2014 08:07:39 pm
      I will say this much, when one of your own gets rounded on by all and sundry I have this unbelievable urge to jump in on their behalf. It was the case the last couple of years when world ganged up on Luis, and it's the case now with our manager. I don't want to get all Kevin Keegan here, but given threads like this I would f*cking love it if he turned it around.

It's the best scenario for everyone Mick, just a shame all of these people who want it all right now can't see it or even want it in some cases.

People should be careful what they wish for. There will be regrets when somebody like Paul Lambert is getting interviewed for the job.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #14: Nov 23, 2014 09:20:19 pm
      F**k me what's going on!?!?
      Some on this forum have got our manager condemned, fired and selected his successor.
      And unbelievably discussion in several threads in the same vein.
      Get a f**king grip.

what do you want more to happen ? man utd thrashing us ?

brendan should have been sacked 1 month ago , he's already being given too much time because it is obvious he has no clue about tactics, about nothing , the man didnt improve our team at all in the last 3 months , for what is he paid exactly ? giving us headaches ?

the man is out of his depth, the sooner we get a replacement the more chances we've got to turn our season around, at least qualify to last 16 in ucl, because with brendan at the helm i cant see that happening, not 1 chance created away at basel, unfuckingbelievable
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #15: Nov 23, 2014 09:20:27 pm
      Threads like these make my F***ing blood boil. Go and do everyone a favour and 'support' a club with a turnstile on the managers door FFS!!!
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #16: Nov 23, 2014 09:20:39 pm
      that was last year that in past, these year we sh*t and worse liverpool team i see in 20 years, manger needs go he only brought them players in to our club
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: Nov 23, 2014 09:22:41 pm
      On Feb 8th this year we beat Arsenal 5-1 at home. On March 16th this year we beat Man Utd 3-0 away. On 13th April this year we beat Man City 3-2 to go top of the table with the title in our hands. That last win was 16 league games ago. This thread is in poor taste, and a bit too early for me thanks fella.

Well said.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18: Nov 23, 2014 09:23:12 pm
      whilst he is here  he has  the opportunity to make amends and Weds will be a good time to start.
      there are no candidates because he will not be going anywhere and will have until the end of the season to show he is the right man
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Nov 23, 2014 09:23:35 pm
      Close this up Mods.... seriously!
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #20: Nov 23, 2014 09:25:05 pm
      can you really see manger get us to top 4, you be happy keep him even lf we fail get top 4 and football is same sh*t we are playing
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #21: Nov 23, 2014 09:34:51 pm
      Woah, woah, woah.

Firstly, let me say I am right behind Brendan Rodgers. I fully support the manager and if anyone knows me at all, I am one who supports the undefendable at times (I was backing Roy Hodgson and Paul Konchesky when people were calling for their heads!).

The idea of this thread was simply to see what other options were available and whether the grass is indeed greener on the other side. I fully support Rodgers and the shortlist I sounded out shows nothing more than the fact that perhaps Jürgen Klopp is the only manager I would take ahead of Rodgers right now.

My stupidity. I should have spelt that out from the outset.  :mad:
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #22: Nov 23, 2014 09:46:51 pm
      Woah, woah, woah.

Firstly, let me say I am right behind Brendan Rodgers. I fully support the manager and if anyone knows me at all, I am one who supports the undefendable at times (I was backing Roy Hodgson and Paul Konchesky when people were calling for their heads!).

The idea of this thread was simply to see what other options were available and whether the grass is indeed greener on the other side. I fully support Rodgers and the shortlist I sounded out shows nothing more than the fact that perhaps Jürgen Klopp is the only manager I would take ahead of Rodgers right now.

My stupidity. I should have spelt that out from the outset.  :mad:

how dare you question brendan and even make a list for possible replacements when we are playing such beautiful football, absolutely mesmerizing style we have on the pitch, we are in great form, thrashing every team, and you have the guts to make a list of replacements ? maybe we'll win all the games remaining (26) :mad:

Quick Reply