Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should Brendan Rodgers remain as LFC manager?

Yes he should stay
      82 (71.9%)
      No he should go
      32 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: Nov 27, 2014 10:54:41 am

POLL (November 2014): Should Brendan Rodgers remain as LFC manager?

Read 7347 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      POLL (November 2014): Should Brendan Rodgers remain as LFC manager?
      Nov 24, 2014 10:54:07 am
      Snapshot poll on the current situation at Liverpool Football Club.

24th-25th November 2014.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2014 03:40:59 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Re: POLL (November 2014): Should Brendan Rodgers remain as LFC manager?
      Reply #1: Nov 25, 2014 03:40:39 pm
      Thanks for all your votes.  Voting is now locked. Interesting to take a little snapshot which was

Brendan Rodgers should stay 71.7%
      Brendan Rodgers should go 28.3%

To put this into perspective in November 2010 we asked a similar (but not exactly the same) question concerning Roy Hodgson. We were 11th, with 16pts from 13 games. 

We actually asked 'Do you think Roy Hodgson is the right man for Liverpool FC?'

Yes 1.4%
      No 98.6%

As it stands almost three quarters of members on this forum believe that, certainly for the time being, Brendan Rodgers should remain as Liverpool FC manager.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2: Nov 25, 2014 03:59:27 pm
      Thanks for all your votes.  Voting is now locked. Interesting to take a little snapshot which was

Brendan Rodgers should stay 71.7%
      Brendan Rodgers should go 28.3%

To put this into perspective in November 2010 we asked a similar (but not exactly the same) question concerning Roy Hodgson. We were 11th, with 16pts from 13 games. 

We actually asked 'Do you think Roy Hodgson is the right man for Liverpool FC?'

Yes 1.4%
      No 98.6%

As it stands almost three quarters of members on this forum believe that, certainly for the time being, Brendan Rodgers should remain as Liverpool FC manager.

Not forgetting the wums who are all over the forum like a rash which is only to be expected when we drop a few places in the Prem.
      No big shocks as to where their vote would go.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #3: Nov 25, 2014 05:04:37 pm
      Our football has been awful in recent weeks but it will never compare to Hodgson's era.

We have a better team/squad than we did then too.

Brendan has almost won the league with us by playing the best football anybody born 1987-88 onwards has seen.

From last season alone he deserves more patience from us to turn things around. It would be comical sacking a manager in November after coming 2nd in May.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #4: Nov 25, 2014 05:06:38 pm
      Had last season not happened and we had gone from finishing 7th to where we are now then I think more people would want Brendan out. However, he showed last season that with the right players his attack minded style can be both entertaining and effective. We just don't seem to have the right mix of players at the moment, so he needs to change his approach to get the most out of what we do have right now.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2014 05:17:18 pm by harrydunn08 »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5: Nov 25, 2014 05:14:59 pm
      I think I may have voted to keep Roy at the time (the vote wasn't quite as close as I anticipated :) )

I voted to keep Brendan but before he starts getting cocky I think he needs to know that I am as fickle as F**k and a few more defeats and bad performance and I will flip before he can say flop.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #6: Nov 25, 2014 05:23:08 pm
      To my mind, Brendan should be given until at least, mid January to see how things pan out. Certainly no room for complacency as all true Reds will demand a vastly improved run of performances from the sides he picks. Starting from tomorrow night, in the all important group game against Ludogerets.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Nov 25, 2014 05:24:19 pm
      I think I may have voted to keep Roy at the time (the vote wasn't quite as close as I anticipated :) )

I voted to keep Brendan but before he starts getting cocky I think he needs to know that I am as fickle as f**k and a few more defeats and bad performance and I will flip before he can say flop.

Voted to keep him too but am also not too far from being pushed over the edge. Main thing for me is the persistence of Lovren/Johnson/Gerrard and the formation. Do what we brought him for and show his managerial worth over the next few games or I will lose any confidence he has earned up to this point.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #8: Nov 25, 2014 07:34:36 pm
      I voted for Brendan to stay and won't really change my mind for the foreseeable future, I honestly can't see him following project owl into the relegation mire and I think mid january will be the point we look back and wonder what the panic was all about.

I do of course reserve the right to turn on the f**ker if he doesn't

a) F**k johnson off

&

b) Stop being so stubborn and sticking with under performing players/tactics that don't work i.e Plan F***ing A

Stop talking the talk and start walking the F***ing walk.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Nov 25, 2014 08:16:25 pm
      Missed the poll, but would've said stay. Why only open for 2 days?
      About 3 in 10 think a change is best - that's maybe a little bit more than I thought would go that way just now, but not a groundswell yet I guess.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10: Nov 25, 2014 08:21:12 pm
      About 3 in 10 think a change is best - that's maybe a little bit more than I thought would go that way just now, but not a groundswell yet I guess.

Probably because if we lose tomorrow the poll would change dramatically mate, and the mods would get inundated with requests to change their vote!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #11: Nov 25, 2014 08:27:37 pm

Wanted to close it before he had chance to speak again in today's press conference.  May have affected the vote! ;)

Probably because if we lose tomorrow the poll would change dramatically mate

And that!

I also voted to stay.  Loses the next two games though don't even think the backing of this forum will help him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Nov 25, 2014 08:30:26 pm
      I voted to stay simply because I don't think we could do much better with this squad so I want him to stay and prove he is the manager he wants to be.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #13: Nov 25, 2014 08:36:05 pm
      I havent voted yet.

Rodgers should NEVER have been our manager. He had no experience, no successes, no real pedigree, and didn't even show that much potential. The job was way too soon for him.

He was brought in as a compliant gimp, after even Roberto (cough) "Superstar" Martinez told Henry to f**k himself.

But voting Rodgers out I feel plays into the hands of the snakeoil salesmen who caused all the problems.

We were shocked when Rodgers was brought in. We were even more shocked with the pr guff surrounding the appointment. Rememeber Jenny Chang's b/w pics with  the "he looks just like Shankly" bollocks.

Fenway have only 2 objectives. Make obscene unjustifiable profits from the fans and the club. And secondly, to continually lower the expectation of the fans, year after year. When they arrived we had a number of world class players. Now, other than DSturr (arguably), we have NO ONE. The sales of just two players netted them 125MILLION.  Bearing in mind their down payment to finance the takeover of the whole club was prob just 60m or so, thats an OBSCENE asset strip.

I wonder who they think they can get in next. Someone who is compliant, doesnt want to win silverware, would like a salary raise, will defer to a "transfer committee" of Soccernomic clowns? Probably some nobody like Malky Mackay. Remember Owen Coyle was the "next big thing" being linked with us last time.  And who the F**k is Owen Coyle!

How we have fallen... :roll:
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Nov 25, 2014 08:36:51 pm
      Great to see common sense prevailing. Send that onto fsg JD
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,609 posts | 3914 
      Reply #15: Nov 25, 2014 08:38:16 pm
      F**k it, let's just be bought out by insanely rich Russians or Arabs and start snapping up the worlds best talent for inflated fee's. At least it'll be more fun than this shocking F***ing season.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,303 posts | 276 
      Reply #16: Nov 25, 2014 08:41:22 pm
      It's not quite as simple as should BR stay or go, IF he did go who would we get? and when. Klopp or Benitez would only come in the summer,would Kenny take over for the rest of the season? I don't want to see Brendan sacked although I'm far from happy at the moment. If things haven't improved by second week in January I can seriously see FSG showing him the door, again that's not what I want to see. Our progress in Europe will come into it also, even the Europa is a big deal with CL place now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: Nov 25, 2014 08:41:36 pm
      F**k it, let's just be bought out by insanely rich Russians or Arabs and start snapping up the worlds best talent for inflated fee's. At least it'll be more fun than this shocking f**king season.

At least if we're bought by the Russians they might choose not to target us in WW3 :D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Nov 25, 2014 08:48:58 pm
      I also voted to stay.  Loses the next two games though don't even think the backing of this forum will help him.

Saw a few people saying that now, is there something leaking out from owners or somewhere else in club?  If we loose a few more, do we really think BR could be gone before the new year? (another poll maybe :) )
      I'd be surprised if FSG make a change, unless we hit the bottom three or such like.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,259 posts | 6365 
      Reply #19: Nov 25, 2014 08:52:59 pm

I voted to keep Brendan but before he starts getting cocky I think he needs to know that I am as fickle as f**k and a few more defeats and bad performance and I will flip before he can say flop.

I'm actually quite impressed that you are still in the "backing Brendan" camp mate. After last season and how long it took to get you off the fence, I figured you'd jump at the chance to climb back up on it ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,259 posts | 6365 
      Reply #20: Nov 25, 2014 08:54:25 pm
      I havent voted yet.

Rodgers should NEVER have been our manager. He had no experience, no successes, no real pedigree, and didn't even show that much potential. The job was way too soon for him.

He was brought in as a compliant gimp, after even Roberto (cough) "Superstar" Martinez told Henry to f**k himself.

But voting Rodgers out I feel plays into the hands of the snakeoil salesmen who caused all the problems.

We were shocked when Rodgers was brought in. We were even more shocked with the pr guff surrounding the appointment. Rememeber Jenny Chang's b/w pics with  the "he looks just like Shankly" bollocks.

Fenway have only 2 objectives. Make obscene unjustifiable profits from the fans and the club. And secondly, to continually lower the expectation of the fans, year after year. When they arrived we had a number of world class players. Now, other than DSturr (arguably), we have NO ONE. The sales of just two players netted them 125MILLION.  Bearing in mind their down payment to finance the takeover of the whole club was prob just 60m or so, thats an OBSCENE asset strip.

I wonder who they think they can get in next. Someone who is compliant, doesnt want to win silverware, would like a salary raise, will defer to a "transfer committee" of Soccernomic clowns? Probably some nobody like Malky Mackay. Remember Owen Coyle was the "next big thing" being linked with us last time.  And who the f**k is Owen Coyle!

How we have fallen... :roll:

Gee...surprisingly like a virus here you are, infecting yet another thread. It's getting old.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #21: Nov 25, 2014 09:13:22 pm
      Let's say our form picks up but we only finish mid table... Is that him gone?

Does he get he another chance next year? Is top 4 qualification his marker? Or maybe top 6?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #22: Nov 25, 2014 09:13:43 pm
      I'm actually quite impressed that you are still in the "backing Brendan" camp mate. After last season and how long it took to get you off the fence, I figured you'd jump at the chance to climb back up on it ;D

I suppose I am back on the fence really mate. I didn't want him sacked last year, but had my doubts... I don't want him sacked this year, but have my doubts. So it is more of an I'm backing Brendan BUT... rather than the wholehearted support I feel I should be giving him.

I desperately want him to succeed but for Liverpool FC rather than any genuine feeling for Brendan, which after two and a half seasons is a bit strange. I just haven't connected with him at all yet.

Quick Reply