Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Stoke Saturday 29 Nov 3.00pm

Read 3720 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool V Stoke Saturday 29 Nov 3.00pm
      Nov 28, 2014 06:01:46 pm
      Stoke have not won at Anfield since a 4-3 victory in a Division Two match on 20 March 1959. They have never won a top-flight game away to Liverpool.

Liverpool have lost one of their last seven league and cup games against Stoke (W4, D2).

The Potters have failed to score in their last eight league matches at Anfield.

The last time they netted a league goal away to Liverpool was in a 5-1 defeat on 5 March 1983, in Bob Paisley's final season in charge of the Reds.

Expecting a tough a tough game tomorrow from the tallest football team in Europe against our midget midfield.
      We stopped the rot on Wednesday and with a bit more confidence should have held out for a win

I would like to see

Jones

Manky       Toure       Sakho       Moreno

Lucas
                                                                Allen
                                                   Hendo

Coutinho

Sterling
                                                         Lambert

But Gerrard will always be picked and Sakho is probably not match fit then Lovren to partner Toure and Gerrard in Coutinho's spot.

Going for a nervy 2-1 because we are certs to gift a goal away.

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2014 01:43:14 pm by JD »
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Liverpool V Stoke Saturday 29 Nov 3.00pm
      Reply #1: Nov 28, 2014 06:13:26 pm
      Since when Toure is a key player for us ? He made a good game against Real, but that's it, in Bulgaria he looked out of his depth, and overreliance on him will cost us dearly. Brendan should start with Lovren and Sakho in the centre of defence.

I'm hoping i wont see Allen in the starting eleven, he brings almost nothing to our team.

The starting eleven should look like this : Jones/Mignolet - Johnson - Lovren - Sakho - Moreno - Can - Henderson - Coutinho - Lallana - Sterling - Lambert

And yes i picked Johnson because Manquillo offers almost nothing upfront, Glen with all his defensive problems is better going forward, and when we play at home he should be used instead of Manquillo, mainly when we play against weaker opposition.

Jones should get his chance, even though he is no better than Mignolet, maybe the belgian needs some time off, i'm not sure, maybe he should start one final game to prove he deserves to be a first team starter, i don't trust Jones very much but that's it.

Markovic should be on the bench and given some minutes, keeping him frozen out wouldnt help him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2: Nov 28, 2014 06:15:10 pm
      Do we look forward in hope or trepidation ?

Has to be hope.

We go again.

YNWA

Mr M Hughes : 
      "There were only three players in the Premier League last season who scored more than 20 goals, and Liverpool had two of them.
      " Thats where their season was built".
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014 07:11:59 pm by eurored »
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #3: Nov 28, 2014 06:31:02 pm
                               Mignolet
            Manquillo  Skrtel    Toure    Moreno (If not fit, Johnson)
                                Lucas
                        Henderson Can
                                Coutinho
                         Sterling   Lambert
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #4: Nov 28, 2014 06:35:43 pm
      I was beginning to wonder if we actually had a match tomorrow!
      We've been saying it for a few weeks now, but we do really need a result to try and kick start our season.
      Feeling nervous, which is the norm this season, sadly. A win will help to lift all our spirits and hopefully give the lads a confidence boost.
      1-0 and 3 points will do very nicely, hopefully onwards and upwards!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #5: Nov 28, 2014 08:00:23 pm
      I reckon it'll be a bore draw with loads of booing at the final whistle.

In am ideal world I'd like to see us tonk them 4-0 but where are the goals or even chances going to come from? Will be difficult.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Nov 28, 2014 08:01:10 pm
      Were sh*te but I fooking love us and am backing the boys to get it right this weekend.

3 points but not won easily. What the lads need is the crowd backing everything they do from a 2 yard pass to a crunching tackle to winning a fooking throw get in behind the lads on show them that were still here we haven't gone away we still believe in them. Because the doubts about  that might be creeping in

And after YNWA the best thing we could hear would be BRENDAN RODGERS...lift them all

Come on Reds!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Nov 28, 2014 08:26:46 pm
      look forward in hope or trepidation ?

Or look into a pint?

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #8: Nov 28, 2014 08:52:58 pm
      I'm having a hard time picking a starting XI. I legitimately don't think we have 11 players who deserve to start. Jesus Christ how did things get so bad so soon?

If Sakho is fit, straight back into the team he goes.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Nov 28, 2014 08:54:49 pm
      Stoke. Set pieces, big lads causing a bit of mayhem - doesn't take much to make me nervous these days.
      Is Mario available for this one? Though I guess hard to drop Rickie who, with 2 goals in two games, is our current goal scoring machine.
      Wouldn't it be great to go 2 goals up, how amazing would that be! Could almost relax. Though would take 4 for that I think.
      I'll settle for the ball ricocheting of Rickie's arse and rolling in after a 1-0 snorefest. We need points.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #10: Nov 28, 2014 09:05:31 pm
      Stoke. Set pieces, big lads causing a bit of mayhem - doesn't take much to make me nervous these days.
      Is Mario available for this one? Though I guess hard to drop Rickie who, with 2 goals in two games, is our current goal scoring machine.
      Wouldn't it be great to go 2 goals up, how amazing would that be! Could almost relax. Though would take 4 for that I think.
      I'll settle for the ball ricocheting of Rickie's arse and rolling in after a 1-0 snorefest. We need points.

No Mario, apparently, but even if he was available I'd vote for Lambert, as he's our inform striker!
      A 1-0 coming off any part of anybody's anatomy would be just fine! God, do we sound desperate!

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #11: Nov 28, 2014 09:35:20 pm
      I don't even get excited about our games anymore. I'm worn down. To go from the breathtaking highs of our performances last season to the dire lows this season. Feel deflated. I just wish we can find our spark again.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #12: Nov 28, 2014 09:58:23 pm
      I don't even get excited about our games anymore. I'm worn down. To go from the breathtaking highs of our performances last season to the dire lows this season. Feel deflated. I just wish we can find our spark again.

Just one amazing win where we don't concede from a F***ing set piece and score some worldie goals.

Please God let it happen this F***ing weekend!!!!
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #13: Nov 28, 2014 10:02:07 pm
      I'd like to see...

Mignolet

Manquillo - Skrtel - Toure - Moreno

Lucas

Henderson - Allen

Coutinho - Lambert - Sterling
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #14: Nov 28, 2014 10:04:06 pm
      I reckon it'll be a bore draw with loads of booing at the final whistle.

In am ideal world I'd like to see us tonk them 4-0 but where are the goals or even chances going to come from? Will be difficult.

Yea... Seems like ages ago when we last played them and Ali Cissoko got that deflected opener and we went on to beat them with power,attacking flare and laughter.. we we're beating teams for a laugh back then with a "if you score one we'll score three" attitude..
      Our games would end with a standing ovation... home or away..
      We had SAS then...
      now we don't...
      So if we do get booed off the pitch tomorrow after another horrendous performance the vultures will start to circle in numbers..
      Man City and Arsenal's woe's have taken the headlines more so than us recently but they have both made up for it with mid week wins in CL so we really do need to smash Stoke in to next week..

Spoke to a Stoke fan earlier this week and he's well confident of a result..
      "You lot are sh*t at crosses in to your own box..you have no one who takes control and a sh*t goalkeeper"
      "We'll just keep pinging them high in to the box"
      I had a go back at him like but it was hard to believe that the same lad went into hiding after the last game...ha !

Seriously though.. for me.. its the next game in a long season.. forget about Weds result ,lets get a convincing home win under our belts and try and get some sanity back in to the club...

3-1 home win... eventually...

« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014 11:53:06 pm by 6stringer »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Nov 29, 2014 12:39:52 am
      Off to bed as I'm up early for the game....the atmosphere is gonna be crap on the Kop tomorrow...end of November and playing Stoke  :( just hoping for a win....1-0 will do me, dont care who plays or who scores, just a win please....and 3 points xxx

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Nov 29, 2014 12:48:51 am
      For the 3rd week running I'm going to say: I'd like to see us play 2 up top.

There's too much work for Lambert to do up top on his own. He showed that against Ludogorets, he got worn out with about half hour to go because he was trying to do too much chasing. I'm not at all confident about this game, any confidence I did have was lost in mid week when we failed to get the points against Ludogorets of all teams.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #17: Nov 29, 2014 12:59:42 am
      Going for a 1-1 draw today.... just watch the bas**rds thrash Stoke now just to spite me :)

MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #18: Nov 29, 2014 01:01:45 am
      Can't see any clean sheet, but 2-1 will be the score.
      Fancy Lambert to score again to make it 3 in a row.

Good luck reds!
      jimmy_tries
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #19: Nov 29, 2014 02:12:31 am
      I'll be drinking in a pub over here in Delaware, USA with my fellow supporters cheering on the boys . Hoping for an absolute slaughter , but I think it'll be a 3-1 win .

Allen doesn't need to see time , Toure and Sahko should start with Moreno and Manquillo . Can , Lallana , Cout , Sterling need to keep up the pace . Will we see Borini ? Ricky and Hendo contributing and creating some offense is key . Stevie should come on at 65 minutes up to create whatever he can (but we all know that probably won't happen). Overall the faith and confidence needs to be up.

It's good to be back home.

YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #20: Nov 29, 2014 07:08:17 am
      Just leaving for the game got my nephew With me today whisper it quietly he,s never seen us lose and he,s been to a lot of games. COYR.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #21: Nov 29, 2014 07:30:07 am
      Were sh*te but I fooking love us and am backing the boys to get it right this weekend.

3 points but not won easily. What the lads need is the crowd backing everything they do from a 2 yard pass to a crunching tackle to winning a fooking throw get in behind the lads on show them that were still here we haven't gone away we still believe in them. Because the doubts about  that might be creeping in

And after YNWA the best thing we could hear would be BRENDAN RODGERS...lift them all

Come on Reds!

;D ;D Thumbs up mate,that´s what we need,what we can give.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #22: Nov 29, 2014 07:32:39 am
      Jones
      Manquillo - Skrtel - Sakho - Moreno
      Lucas - Can
      Sterling - Coutinho - Lallana
      Lambert

If Sakho is fit that is...