Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Goalkeepers!!!

Read 19957 times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Goalkeepers!!!
      Reply #46: Jan 07, 2015 06:45:57 am
      Throw Johnny Henry in goals and tell him every time we concede the f**ker has to give us another mil for transfers. We'd never concede again.
      :lmao:

Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #47: Jan 07, 2015 10:23:40 am
      Perin would be a good shout. Apparently Benfica are in for him so we should get a wiggle on if we're interested.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #48: Jan 07, 2015 10:38:45 am
      Maybe we could tempt David James to leave his Kerala Blasters FC and the Indian Super League.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #49: Jan 10, 2015 12:07:55 am
      Seems Brendan Rodgers is most definitely looking for a goalkeeper this January...

http://www.lfc.pl/files/pdf/2014_01_10.pdf
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #50: Jan 10, 2015 05:33:21 am
      Seems Brendan Rodgers is most definitely looking for a goalkeeper this January...

Mig needs to improve with the ball at his feet? Needs to catch a bloody cross first!
      Hes a pussy, get him some Bovril and leave him out in the rain. He needs to toughen up a bit.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #51: Jan 10, 2015 07:24:27 am
      if at the end of this window Mignolet and Jones (aka Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum) are still our first and second choices keepers, I think I might break something.

I'll give you a hand
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #52: Jan 10, 2015 07:26:53 am

Rodgers caught redhanded yet again in another barefaced lie:

Liverpool face Sunderland, Mignolet’s former club, this afternoon and Rodgers has admitted the Belgium goalkeeper still has facets of his game that he needs to improve. “He has come in here under massive expectation to replace a player [Pepe Reina] who was outstanding for Liverpool for seven or eight years,” Rodgers said.

Oh really?  he was brought to "replace" Pepe?

because you, Mr. Rodgers, told us when we signed Mignolet that he was definitely NOT brought to replace Reina.  no, no, no.  He was brought to add "competition."  Before you unceremoniously kicked Pepe to the curb without even telling him to his face before announcing it on the club website.

the man is a pathological liar. 
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #53: Jan 10, 2015 07:30:55 am

the man is a pathological liar. 

Lying is part of the life for a football manager, reacting like a petulant child isn't the job  of a fan, but glad to see you've settled into the role.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #54: Jan 10, 2015 07:43:21 am
      Lying is part of the life for a football manager, reacting like a petulant child isn't the job  of a fan, but glad to see you've settled into the role.

Lying to whom?

you're saying that we should expect the manager of Liverpool Football Club to lie to the supporters?

Because the summer Pepe left, Rodgers several times said to the supporters that Mignolet was NOT brought to replace Pepe, that he was meant to be competition.

Of course we knew as soon as he got rid of Pepe that that was a lie.  but now we have verbal confirmation from the man that he lied, not to an agent, not to another club, but to the supporters.

and you have no issue with that?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #55: Jan 10, 2015 08:33:35 am
      Lying to whom?

you're saying that we should expect the manager of Liverpool Football Club to lie to the supporters?

Because the summer Pepe left, Rodgers several times said to the supporters that Mignolet was NOT brought to replace Pepe, that he was meant to be competition.

Of course we knew as soon as he got rid of Pepe that that was a lie.  but now we have verbal confirmation from the man that he lied, not to an agent, not to another club, but to the supporters.

and you have no issue with that?

It happens all the time, how many times has a manager said we played well and it's a blatant lie and of course it's happen over transfer dealings, to go faux vesuvius over it is unbecoming, unless you are stupid and naive, and while some on here may label you as that, I'm not one of them.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #56: Jan 10, 2015 08:40:44 am
      It happens all the time, how many times has a manager said we played well and it's a blatant lie and of course it's happen over transfer dealings

Kenny never banged on about our performances being great when they weren't.  The only sugar coating he ever did (at least the second time around) was that we were "a work in progress."

managers of other clubs can do whatever they want.  I just think we should hold our managers to a bit of a higher standard.

anyway.  if you're suggesting Rodgers and his repeated lies are par for the course then I won't argue it.  you may be right.

but if that's true then at the very least we should stop heralding him as the next so-and-so and someone "who truly understands the club" etc etc.  if he's going to lie to us again and again then he's just another manager with no more respect for the supporters than any other manager at any other club.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #57: Jan 10, 2015 09:43:02 am
      Kenny never banged on about our performances being great when they weren't.  The only sugar coating he ever did (at least the second time around) was that we were "a work in progress."

managers of other clubs can do whatever they want.  I just think we should hold our managers to a bit of a higher standard.

anyway.  if you're suggesting Rodgers and his repeated lies are par for the course then I won't argue it.  you may be right.

but if that's true then at the very least we should stop heralding him as the next so-and-so and someone "who truly understands the club" etc etc.  if he's going to lie to us again and again then he's just another manager with no more respect for the supporters than any other manager at any other club.

I certainly remember KK saying players had good games, when they hadn't.  It's so common as to be a laughable thing to get upset about.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #58: Jan 10, 2015 10:52:16 am
      I certainly remember KK saying players had good games, when they hadn't.  It's so common as to be a laughable thing to get upset about.

I don't know.  There are a lot of things to dislike about Rodgers, obviously.  But for some reason that whole Reina/Mignolet situation in particular really rubbed me the wrong way.  It's not even about who is the better keeper---Pepe had been in decline for a few seasons before he was shipped out.

But just f**king come out and say you're replacing Pepe with Mignolet.  Don't give us this song and dance about competition blah blah blah.  I think it just encapsulates everything that we keep doing wrong; not only the lying in footballing terms, but going out of his way to lie to hide the truth that they just wanted Pepe's wages off the books etc etc, i.e. Doing FSG's dirty work for them and getting rid of a loyal player while telling the supporters that it's for reason X when it's clearly for reason Y.

That just really infuriated me for some reason.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #59: Jan 10, 2015 03:17:49 pm
      Kenny never banged on about our performances being great when they weren't.

Oh yes he certainly did.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #60: Jan 10, 2015 05:15:21 pm
      Vorm is a good keeper, 31 (almost goal keepers prime), sitting on the Spurs bench. Has worked with Rodgers before. Knows the system Rodgers wants to play.

Seems an ideal solution.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #61: Jan 10, 2015 09:30:05 pm
      Vorm is a good keeper, 31 (almost goal keepers prime), sitting on the Spurs bench. Has worked with Rodgers before. Knows the system Rodgers wants to play.  Seems an ideal solution.

To be honest at this point I'd even have Friedel back if we're not going to get anyone until the summer.

Bring Friedel back on loan, he can still play and is a lot better now than when he was with us the first time.  Surely he'd rather play half a season with us than sit the bench with Spurs.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #62: Jan 11, 2015 12:13:37 am
      To be honest at this point I'd even have Friedel back if we're not going to get anyone until the summer.

Bring Friedel back on loan, he can still play and is a lot better now than when he was with us the first time.  Surely he'd rather play half a season with us than sit the bench with Spurs.

WTF, Friedel is still around? I thought he retired :O
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #63: Jan 11, 2015 12:16:57 am

I know, but sometimes it's best to leave Fed alone.  If he really wants to talk about liars, he's threatened several times to leave if certain things did or did not happen, but he's still here!  Shocking. :) ;D
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #64: Jan 11, 2015 03:27:27 am

cmon friedel is way too old and Vorm is good proven prem league keeper in his prime(age wise)

also i dont think migs is bad either, his confidence is just rock bottom right now. But if we can get him back to where he was for next season, we would have very strong goalkeeping options at that point
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #65: Jan 11, 2015 04:57:06 am
      also i dont think migs is bad either, his confidence is just rock bottom right now

and whose fault is that?

The first time he ever played for us, he faced a penalty that would've given Stoke a draw.  He stopped it, everyone swarmed him, we won, he was the most popular person on Merseyside.

your career at a new club can't start any better than that.

then HE started making mistakes.  And THAT'S why his "confidence" is low, although I doubt that's really the issue.  Even when his confidence was high he still struggled with distribution etc.

he's just not good enough.  Instead of wasting more time with him why don't we bring someone in who IS good enough.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2015 08:55:27 am by federer »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #66: Jan 11, 2015 08:43:38 am
      and who's fault is that?

The first time he ever played for us, he faced a penalty that would've given Stoke a draw.  He stopped it, everyone swarmed him, we won, he was the most popular person on Merseyside.

your career at a new club can't start any better than that.

then HE started making mistakes.  And THAT'S why his "confidence" is low, although I doubt that's really the issue.  Even when his confidence was high he still struggled with distribution etc.

he's just not good enough.  Instead of wasting more time with him why don't we bring someone in who IS good enough.

It's not often I agree with you Feds but your right, Mignolet is simply just not good enough ,

Vorm is a decent keeper not so sure tho he's LFC standard , having said that tho he would a vast improvement on Migs,

another I like is Krul from 'Toon', big commanding type , athletic , good distribution plenty of Prem experience to, he could be tempted , I'm sure he'd love the opportunity of playing CL if we get there , ATM, he's got no chance of that playing with the barcodes .

YNWA
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #67: Jan 11, 2015 03:00:53 pm
      GK wish list w/most ideal first:

Michel Vorm: Experienced and consistent, but I don't know why it didn't happen this summer. Something tells me this ship has sailed.

Asmir Begovic: One of the PL's top keepers for years now; very surprised he hasn't moved to a top club yet. But if he came in it'd mean Migs out as I can't see FSG having two high-earning gk's on the payroll.

Petr cech: possibly makes the most sense for us but I can't see Maureen/roman selling us a used cock ring after letting studge go.

Zeljko Brkic: haven't seen him play that much but is seemingly rated by many and would be fairly inexpensive.

Loan moves for either ter stegen or Simone Scuffet could also serve an end because unlike some I haven't totally written off Migs yet. Quality backup to keep him on the bench for a bit might carry us over to a time where he will perhaps gain some confidence back and gradually reclaim his place.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #68: Jan 12, 2015 06:36:15 pm
      "We are not in talks with Neto, so I will deny our interest there," - Juventus general director Beppe Marotta

Other papers claiming we need to stump up 2mil to sign Neto.

Quick Reply