Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread

Read 301297 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread
      Reply #253: Aug 15, 2015 10:09:18 pm
      Read somewhere yesterday that they have in fact tweaked the proposal so that the public areas would do a better job of connecting to Stanley Park but I thought it also mentioned the public walkway looking like a scarf so that first image seems like it would be the newer one but I could have misunderstood what I read.

Not read anything about the scarf walkway TBH.

I think the second image is the latest one, also there is now a building between the Kop & the Albert which I have not seen before, may be a new shop, freeing up space in the Kop for something.

Edit. On a closer inspection it looks like a fence which is already there.

May be the 1st image is the proposed final plan.
      « Last Edit: Aug 15, 2015 10:26:30 pm by RedPuppy »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #254: Aug 15, 2015 10:14:06 pm
      Can't wait to see for myself the progress that's been made when I visit Anfield on Monday.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #255: Aug 15, 2015 10:26:27 pm
      Here's the article I was referring to...don't where I got the part about Stanley Park...must have dreamed that up...but I did remember the part about the scarf.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-submit-further-anfield-9860524

Liverpool FC submit further Anfield planning application and reveal new details about Main Stand development

17:08, 14 August 2015
          By Andy Kelly

Detailed application deals with landscaping around the stadium and materials to be used

Liverpool Football Club has today submitted a further planning application linked to the redevelopment of Anfield’s Main Stand.

The application focuses mainly on the landscaping around the newly expanded stand, where the giant roof truss was moved into place last month.

The new detailed application is required to fill in the gaps on the full planning permission already awarded for the stadium development.

It will also deal with some of the materials to be used in parts of the development with LFC keen to use simplified colours and materials reflecting ‘traditional stadium architecture’.

The detailed plans include an expansion of the landscaped area fronting on to Walton Breck Road and new floor materials will incorporate "the concept of a coloured ‘scarf’ directing fans to the main entrances for the stand."

Liverpool’s expanded Main Stand will have an extra 8,500 seats, half aimed at the corporate market and half to the normal market, taking capacity to 54,000.

The club has revealed that the high-end of the hospitality seats have already sold out, despite the expansion not being ready to open until the 2016/17 season.

The planning application will come before Liverpool planning committee later this year.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #256: Aug 15, 2015 10:35:57 pm
      Here's the article I was referring to...don't where I got the part about Stanley Park...must have dreamed that up...but I did remember the part about the scarf.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-submit-further-anfield-9860524

Liverpool FC submit further Anfield planning application and reveal new details about Main Stand development

17:08, 14 August 2015
          By Andy Kelly

Detailed application deals with landscaping around the stadium and materials to be used

Liverpool Football Club has today submitted a further planning application linked to the redevelopment of Anfield’s Main Stand.

The application focuses mainly on the landscaping around the newly expanded stand, where the giant roof truss was moved into place last month.

The new detailed application is required to fill in the gaps on the full planning permission already awarded for the stadium development.

It will also deal with some of the materials to be used in parts of the development with LFC keen to use simplified colours and materials reflecting ‘traditional stadium architecture’.

The detailed plans include an expansion of the landscaped area fronting on to Walton Breck Road and new floor materials will incorporate "the concept of a coloured ‘scarf’ directing fans to the main entrances for the stand."

Liverpool’s expanded Main Stand will have an extra 8,500 seats, half aimed at the corporate market and half to the normal market, taking capacity to 54,000.

The club has revealed that the high-end of the hospitality seats have already sold out, despite the expansion not being ready to open until the 2016/17 season.

The planning application will come before Liverpool planning committee later this year.

High-end Corporate seats already sold out!

Not charged enough then!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #257: Aug 17, 2015 04:18:20 pm
      Linda Pizzuti has posted a vid off the roof top of the new stand, I can't post it as its on her twitter and I don't know how to so you'll have to nip over there if your arsed.

PS Still looking good Lindyloo. ;)

http://t.co/LYlJGk1TuO

https://twitter.com/linda_pizzuti
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015 04:30:13 pm by LFCexiled »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #258: Aug 17, 2015 07:25:39 pm
      Linda Pizzuti has posted a vid off the roof top of the new stand, I can't post it as its on her twitter and I don't know how to so you'll have to nip over there if your arsed.

PS Still looking good Lindyloo. ;)

http://t.co/LYlJGk1TuO

https://twitter.com/linda_pizzuti

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/633259513504735232
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #259: Aug 17, 2015 07:27:51 pm

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #260: Aug 17, 2015 07:32:20 pm

Bournemouth Match day.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #261: Aug 18, 2015 05:08:46 pm

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #262: Aug 18, 2015 08:23:24 pm
      MsGerrard
      Reply #263: Aug 18, 2015 10:23:29 pm
      I felt like an ant standing below that stand last night, it really is absolutely massive.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #264: Aug 22, 2015 10:45:48 am
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #265: Aug 24, 2015 06:28:50 am
      Does anyone now if the KOP will be expanded as part of the redevelopment project ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #266: Aug 24, 2015 11:01:20 am
      Does anyone now if the KOP will be expanded as part of the redevelopment project ?

They would do all three other stands before they touched the Kop I reckon.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #267: Aug 24, 2015 01:07:22 pm

Common knowledge that the Kop isn't included in the expansion.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #268: Aug 28, 2015 12:30:33 pm
      Does anyone know if there is scope for further expansion post this project? Cant remember the proposed new capacity, in the 60000's but is no one else thinking from the get go that already leaves us a good few seats per home game behind thee mancs, and with a good few clubs coming up to similar as us over next few years. Its a big step forward but just feels like we are keeping pace but with our level of support we should be able to use stadium capacity to our advantage
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #269: Aug 28, 2015 12:32:17 pm
      Does anyone know if there is scope for further expansion post this project? Cant remember the proposed new capacity, in the 60000's but is no one else thinking from the get go that already leaves us a good few seats per home game behind thee mancs, and with a good few clubs coming up to similar as us over next few years. Its a big step forward but just feels like we are keeping pace but with our level of support we should be able to use stadium capacity to our advantage

New capacity I believe is around 54000. Why would the project allow for future expansion? The plans have a finite amount of construction that will be completed as per permitting and such.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #270: Aug 28, 2015 10:39:51 pm
      Does anyone know if there is scope for further expansion post this project? Cant remember the proposed new capacity, in the 60000's but is no one else thinking from the get go that already leaves us a good few seats per home game behind thee mancs, and with a good few clubs coming up to similar as us over next few years.

I think it was pushing 60000 with the Anfield Road end development. I'm not sure if the club would continue with that because I'd imagine the extra 6000 there would be for us pleb fans - they've probably maxed out on the corporate clients giving them half of the Main Stand expansion.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #271: Aug 28, 2015 10:51:49 pm
      I think it was pushing 60000 with the Anfield Road end development. I'm not sure if the club would continue with that because I'd imagine the extra 6000 there would be for us pleb fans - they've probably maxed out on the corporate clients giving them half of the Main Stand expansion.

Plans were already approved for the Anfield Road expansion which supposedly will start directly after the main-stand is complete.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #272: Aug 28, 2015 10:57:39 pm
      Plans were already approved for the Anfield Road expansion which supposedly will start directly after the main-stand is complete.

I know that planning permission had been granted.  I'm just saying I'll be surprised if they do it unless they can add a significant corporate element to it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #273: Aug 29, 2015 11:11:02 am
      I know that planning permission had been granted.  I'm just saying I'll be surprised if they do it unless they can add a significant corporate element to it.
      Cant help but feel us pleb fans as you put it have been highly mislead by the expansion , we as match going fans will still be scrabbling around for tickets while the corporate flunkys get to sit in their plush box just get the feeling we have been turned over ,
      Sure its good its getting done matchday revenue wise but us ordinary fan's will see little benefit ticket wise .
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #274: Sep 02, 2015 08:24:50 pm
      The new stand will be FSG's parting gift to Liverpool I suspect.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #275: Sep 02, 2015 09:14:32 pm
      The new stand will be FSG's parting gift to Liverpool I suspect.

Fingers crossed!

Quick Reply