Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

What LFC means to us all

Read 5644 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      What LFC means to us all
      Dec 05, 2014 04:36:01 am
      Gents and ladies, I know we have been through a lot together, the highs and lows, the successes and the failures. We have fought off many wums and we have successfully managed to construct arguments that defy laws of supportership But I just wanted to remind us all of a bit of positivity that makes LFC so special to us. Despite the debates and the arguments, it all proves how passionate we are about one football team that, to me, represents something that is so human to us. Our beloved club has so much humility, grace, intelligence and a sense of profound belonging, that I feel its time to celebrate being a part of a family that gives us so much fulfilment. For that, I thank you guys for being a part of this journey with me. And its nothing to do with the 5 pints and 3 whiskies I consumed. Our team needs us more when the times are tough. YNWA. Feel free to delete admins, or share.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: What LFC means to us all
      Reply #1: Dec 05, 2014 05:03:50 am
      Drunk posts are the best!!!

;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2: Dec 05, 2014 07:51:50 am
      First Response :  How long have you got  ?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Dec 05, 2014 07:54:34 am

Ditto.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2014 07:57:16 am

Not too long Skip, he's on his 4th Scotch.

edit: yup he's offline.
      edit again: sh*t I was gonna say have one for me.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5: Dec 05, 2014 08:53:37 am

Gentsh and ladiesh, I know we have been through a lot together, the highsh and lowsh, the successes and the failuresh.

We have fought off many wums and we have successfully managed to construct arguments that defy laws of supportership

We all have had Christmas cheer spread upon us and receiving a liberal sprinklings of warnings  :)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #6: Dec 05, 2014 12:25:42 pm
      Oh my head...did I write this? It's quite sweet really.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Dec 11, 2014 08:19:19 pm
      I am getting a bit closer to buying a boat this year. I want to know, what boat dealers around are best?

I was going to suggest you have a word with the L.F,C, transfer committee but on second thoughts you had better not. They would probably advise you to buy the Titanic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #8: Dec 11, 2014 08:37:23 pm
      I was going to suggest you have a word with the L.F,C, transfer committee but on second thoughts you had better not. They would probably advise you to buy the Titanic.

Now now Billy - surely we'd get 2 Lusitania rather than 1 Titanic?

Gotta think of the resale........
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Dec 11, 2014 09:19:41 pm
      Now now Billy - surely we'd get 2 Lusitania rather than 1 Titanic?

Gotta think of the resale........

If it was left to our transfer committee they would probably finish up buying us a run down cargo boat instead of a liner the manager requested.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10: Dec 12, 2014 12:04:08 am
      Not being afraid to be a scouser. Not being afraid to say you did witness the Great Bill Shankly parade the league trophy around Anfield.
      Not being afraid to say that we are a million miles off where we should be .
      Not being afraid to say that Rafa Benitez should still be the manager of this club
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #11: Dec 12, 2014 12:08:16 am
      Not being afraid to tell a scouser that he's talking out of his @rse when he questions other peoples support based on where they live/where they're from. It's a complete bollocks argument and betrays the fact that he's getting into difficulty.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Dec 12, 2014 12:10:40 am
      Not being afraid to tell a scouser that he's talking out of his @rse when he questions other peoples support based on where they live/where they're from. It's a complete bollocks argument and betrays the fact that he's getting into difficulty.

Do you not realise the Club is called Liverpool Football club the clue is in the name .
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Dec 12, 2014 12:14:47 am
      Wirral FC.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #14: Dec 12, 2014 12:16:50 am
      Do you not realise the Club is called Liverpool Football club the clue is in the name .

Not being afraid in telling a Scouser he's an embarrassment to his club and city.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #15: Dec 12, 2014 12:17:46 am

Ah the OOTer arguments? I've done this argument a few times. This is the one where I open up by asking you if you believe only people who live in Liverpool should be allowed to support the club. You'll wriggle around on that one for a bit, probably drawing in some boundary off the top of your head taking in Birkenhead to one side and St H on the other. I then put it to you that you're saying people from Ireland wouldn't be allowed to support the club, then you change tack completely and say EVERYONE can support, as long as they understand the scouser is king. I then ask you about the players and the management and whether the boundary extends to them, leaving you to wallow around spinning some bollocks about no it's different then because we pay them and as employees they're blah blah blah.

The long and the short of it you'll talk a whole heap of bollocks and I'll waste an hour of my life that I'll never get back. In the morning JD will erase it all, because nobody wants to read your bollocks, and nobody will ever be better off for it.

So I'll circumvent all of that by answering your question thus: No I didn't realise the club is called Liverpool football club, thanks for keeping me informed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Dec 12, 2014 12:18:12 am
      Not being afraid in telling a Scouser he's an embarrassment to his club and city.

is that it really. I know who I am and I know where I come from you will never get the better of me when you post sh*te like that.Try again
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17: Dec 12, 2014 12:19:44 am
      Ah the OOTer arguments? I've done this argument a few times. This is the one where I open up by asking you if you believe only people who live in Liverpool should be allowed to support the club. You'll wriggle around on that one for a bit, probably drawing in some boundary off the top of your head taking in Birkenhead to one side and St H on the other. I then put it to you that you're saying people from Ireland wouldn't be allowed to support the club, then you change tack completely and say EVERYONE can support, as long as they understand the scouser is king. I then ask you about the players and the management and whether the boundary extends to them, leaving you to wallow around spinning some bollocks about no it's different then because we pay them and as employees they're blah blah blah.

The long and the short of it you'll talk a whole heap of bollocks and I'll waste an hour of my life that I'll never get back. In the morning JD will erase it all, because nobody wants to read your bollocks, and nobody will ever be better off for it.

So I'll circumvent all of that by answering your question thus: No I didn't realise the club is called Liverpool football club, thanks for keeping me informed.

at ;east you have learned something and yes Anfield could be filled every week by people who actually live here and to think otherwise just shows your ignorance
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #18: Dec 12, 2014 12:31:40 am
      I enjoy watching us play. Feel a little deflated this season. I suppose this is what differentiates the die hard fans from the more casual fans.

More import things in life nonetheless.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #19: Dec 12, 2014 12:37:21 am
      at ;east you have learned something and yes Anfield could be filled every week by people who actually live here and to think otherwise just shows your ignorance

I think you must have a bug in your computer or something Walton. You've quoted my post and then said this? I thought the whole point of quoting a post was to demonstrate that this was the one you were arguing with, or if you bold it up this particular bit is the bit you are arguing with. I've never said in my post or anywhere else that Anfield couldn't be filled by people who live within whatever radius of the ground. Where do you get this nonsense from? This is why I try and avoid these arguments, it just descends into complete bollocks.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20: Dec 12, 2014 12:41:01 am
      I enjoy watching us play. Feel a little deflated this season. I suppose this is what differentiates the die hard fans from the more casual fans.

More import things in life nonetheless.

You never hear Bill Shankly's quote?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21: Dec 12, 2014 12:41:58 am

I think you must have a bug in your computer or something Walton. You've quoted my post and then said this? I thought the whole point of quoting a post was to demonstrate that this was the one you were arguing with, or if you bold it up this particular bit is the bit you are arguing with. I've never said in my post or anywhere else that Anfield couldn't be filled by people who live within whatever radius of the ground. Where do you get this nonsense from? This is why I try and avoid these arguments, it just descends into complete bollocks.

you like to use the term bollocks but do you ever read your own posts
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #22: Dec 12, 2014 12:46:48 am
      you like to use the term bollocks but do you ever read your own posts

This is how you do bold. You do these two [] with a b in the middle before the words you want to pick out. Then you do the same two [] with a /b in the middle at the end of the words you want to pick out (I never knew that meself for years until my 12 year old taught me). Now go back to my post, and bold out the bit where I've said people from Liverpool can't fill the ground.

When you've re-read and realised you've made a mistake I won't sweat on an apology, but I will give you a tip. I talk plenty of utter sh!t where I DO actually talk bollocks, without you having to invent stuff for me. Just pick on that, at least we can debate it then.

Quick Reply