Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

What LFC means to us all

Read 5640 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: What LFC means to us all
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2014 12:55:14 am
      This is how you do bold. You do these two [] with a b in the middle before the words you want to pick out. Then you do the same two [] with a /b in the middle at the end of the words you want to pick out (I never knew that meself for years until my 12 year old taught me). Now go back to my post, and bold out the bit where I've said people from Liverpool can't fill the ground.

When you've re-read and realised you've made a mistake I won't sweat on an apology, but I will give you a tip. I talk plenty of utter sh!t where I DO actually talk bollocks, without you having to invent stuff for me. Just pick on that, at least we can debate it then.

I have said  I post bollocks plenty of times mate sometimes when I look back at my posts I could swear at times someone else had control of my computer.
      I don't really want to upset any red but I guess what is real is our frustration that after last years beautiful season we have gone back so far having spent so much money,
      after 50 years of seeing real footballers and real managers I know what I see and this is a poor team managed by a manager who has overseen a spend which the like of Rafa or Houlier could have only dreamed about.
      now if we stuff UTD 4=0 on Sunday I doubt many of us will be looking to highlight our faults I guess we are fickle after all

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: Dec 12, 2014 12:59:02 am
      I can post more bollocks than both of you put together .    :D

I'm getting me head down.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #25: Dec 12, 2014 01:00:48 am
      I have said  I post bollocks plenty of times mate sometimes when I look back at my posts I could swear at times someone else had control of my computer.
      I don't really want to upset any red but I guess what is real is our frustration that after last years beautiful season we have gone back so far having spent so much money,
      after 50 years of seeing real footballers and real managers I know what I see and this is a poor team managed by a manager who has overseen a spend which the like of Rafa or Houlier could have only dreamed about.
      now if we stuff UTD 4=0 on Sunday I doubt many of us will be looking to highlight our faults I guess we are fickle after all

Can't see it myself mate (us winning at all never mind 4-0) but like the silly bollocks that we all are, by Sunday morning I'll have convinced meself that we are going to batter the c***s. Anyways not 1% hard feelings from my side, good debate but I gotta go to bed I'm working all hours tomorrow. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Dec 12, 2014 01:02:38 am

Can't see it myself mate (us winning at all never mind 4-0) but like the silly bollocks that we all are, by Sunday morning I'll have convinced meself that we are going to batter the c***s. Anyways not 1% hard feelings from my side, good debate but I gotta go to bed I'm working all hours tomorrow. 

Despite differences I know come Sunday we all will be desperate for a win against a team we all loathe
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2014 01:11:49 am
      Not being afraid in telling a Scouser he's an embarrassment to his club and city.

Yes, I noticed. I noticed it doesnt say Liverpool ONLY Football Club. How do you explain the MASSIVE turn out of Liverpool Supporters when they play in the U.S. They sell out 50 and 60,000 seat stadiums for friendlies in NY and Boston.
      If anything I envy you for being able to go to Anfield.  But I have put in thousands of hours watching matches on shitty streams online waiting for buffering and signal drops.
      I love this club and will ALWAYS support Liverpool FC. I have sat in a toilet at work and watched a match. I watched a match at a wedding where i was the best man and  delayed my speech for 20 minutes. Thats borderline sociopath behavior. Please dont question my support.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #28: Dec 12, 2014 11:41:57 am
      Yes, I noticed. I noticed it doesnt say Liverpool ONLY Football Club. How do you explain the MASSIVE turn out of Liverpool Supporters when they play in the U.S. They sell out 50 and 60,000 seat stadiums for friendlies in NY and Boston.
      If anything I envy you for being able to go to Anfield.  But I have put in thousands of hours watching matches on shitty streams online waiting for buffering and signal drops.
      I love this club and will ALWAYS support Liverpool FC. I have sat in a toilet at work and watched a match. I watched a match at a wedding where i was the best man and  delayed my speech for 20 minutes. Thats borderline sociopath behavior. Please dont question my support.

Yeah and I knobbed the Queen.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #29: Dec 12, 2014 11:43:27 am

Did he make a supersonic man out of you?
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 12, 2014 11:52:58 am
      Did he make a supersonic man out of you?

Think you've just made my day mate.  :lmao:
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #31: Dec 12, 2014 03:19:11 pm
      i would love to visit anfield one day and watch a couple of games
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #32: Dec 13, 2014 02:33:58 am
      i would love to visit anfield one day and watch a couple of games

Aw, where are you living Pear?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #33: Dec 13, 2014 02:52:02 am
      Btw I personally scrawled LFC in my text books in school, grew up with everyone of my aunties and uncles a Liverpool supporter, 13 of them, (one uncle in law and his daughter are blue but that's ok.)
      All I heard about was greatness and glory, I grew up in Liverpool and never showed major interest when I was a kid & teenager (never watched every single match), I was more into music but I still loved the club even if I never kept up to date in every miniscule happening of the moment, now info is easy to access, free of charge, everyone wants instant news because of the gift of high speed internet.
      Tough times now, because it's so polar opposite of the season before.
      One thing I'll say is I don't like people saying just because you aren't from Liverpool you can't be 100% affected by every nuance and feel it in your heart just the same as if they were your local team.
      But I have noticed, some people on here that aren't from this neck of the woods, take the piss and only chip in when they can belittle everything we stand for.
      That may seem like a contradiction in terms, I'm not sure.
      I don't mind fans criticizing because that's what we all do to different degrees, but, sometimes on here the venom crosses the line and is totally un-Liverpool like. Also it seems to be relentless.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #34: Dec 13, 2014 03:07:33 am
      Looks like the Scouse supremacist are out in force. Nice going, lads!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #35: Dec 13, 2014 04:11:05 am
      Looks like the Scouse supremacist are out in force. Nice going, lads!

Please elaborate on this. It's all in good jest I know. No ones excluded in the Liverpool fan base so... what do you mean?
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #36: Dec 13, 2014 12:24:43 pm

Well not too far,serbia, former yugoslavia
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #37: Dec 13, 2014 04:21:20 pm
      It's all in good jest I know. No ones excluded in the Liverpool fan base

Maybe you aren't reading well, I don't see anything in jest about some of the posts in here and it's been made very clear that if you don't live within a shout of Anfield you can't possibly "get" the club or be a "real" supporter. Quite silly really but nothing new if you've spent much time on here.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #38: Dec 14, 2014 02:17:16 am
      Well not too far,serbia, former yugoslavia

Amazing, well you can watch a game at Anfield at some pont my mate, see how it goes.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #39: Dec 14, 2014 02:24:47 am
      Amazing, well you can watch a game at Anfield at some pont my mate, see how it goes.
      ;D whats amazing
      im hoping one day i will come to anfield :)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #40: Dec 14, 2014 02:36:20 am
      ;D whats amazing
      im hoping one day i will come to anfield :)

Your location is amazing, so I hope you can.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #41: Dec 14, 2014 02:45:03 am
      Maybe you aren't reading well, I don't see anything in jest about some of the posts in here and it's been made very clear that if you don't live within a shout of Anfield you can't possibly "get" the club or be a "real" supporter. Quite silly really but nothing new if you've spent much time on here.

Don't fret, that's not how I think, and I've been upset at that attitude here, but rise above and everyone is 100% Liverpool supporter.
      My point may have been lost but whatever.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #42: Dec 14, 2014 02:52:02 am
      Slightly off topic but some of the frustrations of the last five years or so have hit home and made me wonder what it would be like to support a perennially underachieving club.  If we lose or even draw a match it totally ruins my day.  If we go on a series of poor results it puts me in a completely different mood.  And yet, all things being relative, we're still really well off.  I met a Wolves supporter a couple of weeks ago.  I mean can you imagine?  fighting off relegation year after year, then getting relegated from the Premiership, THEN getting relegated from the Championship... I couldn't crack a smile for nearly a week after the game against Chelsea last season---and we still qualified for CL etc.  Relatively speaking we have it easy.  If you are, say, a Wolves supporter though, you have to deal with disappointment literally week in and week out.  It can't be fun.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #43: Dec 14, 2014 03:23:57 am
      Slightly off topic but some of the frustrations of the last five years or so have hit home and made me wonder what it would be like to support a perennially underachieving club.  If we lose or even draw a match it totally ruins my day.  If we go on a series of poor results it puts me in a completely different mood.  And yet, all things being relative, we're still really well off.  I met a Wolves supporter a couple of weeks ago.  I mean can you imagine?  fighting off relegation year after year, then getting relegated from the Premiership, THEN getting relegated from the Championship... I couldn't crack a smile for nearly a week after the game against Chelsea last season---and we still qualified for CL etc.  Relatively speaking we have it easy.  If you are, say, a Wolves supporter though, you have to deal with disappointment literally week in and week out.  It can't be fun.

Differing expectations, once you've attained greatness its expected.

But yes, I think sometimes it's good for folks to remember how lucky we are to support this club even in the down years.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #44: Dec 14, 2014 07:18:56 am
      What LFC means to us all? Well, to me LFC simply means it's part of my family, it can't talk, it can't walk but it certainly affects my mood if we're not playing well.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #45: Dec 14, 2014 07:57:42 am

I think it's fair to say that the likes of Wolves have a higher percentage of die-hard fans than us. I wonder how many million fans we would lose  if we were relegated?  That would separate the wheat from the chaff.

Quick Reply