Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool FC Kit 2015/16: New Balance take over Warrior Football

Read 77228 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: Liverpool FC Kit 2015/16: New Balance take over Warrior Football
      Reply #69: Feb 05, 2015 07:00:59 pm
      NB do some great casual trainers to be fair, good following with the hipsters.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #70: Feb 05, 2015 07:37:03 pm
      I'll stick with me Dunlop. Got one in a rummage sale at the church hall for 10p, and found the other one on a bus.
      Cracking pair of boots.

Well to be honest, they're not actually a pair.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #71: Feb 05, 2015 07:42:23 pm
      I'll stick with me Dunlop. Got one in a rummage sale at the church hall for 10p, and found the other one on a bus.
      Cracking pair of boots.

Well to be honest, they're not actually a pair.

I take your pair and raise you two, ya tramp.

;D

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #72: Feb 05, 2015 08:23:06 pm
      Rehash , YAWN .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #73: Feb 05, 2015 09:07:10 pm
      I take your pair and raise you two, ya tramp.

;D

Quality, obviously a man of means town TWO pairs.

anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #74: Feb 06, 2015 10:42:00 am
      This deal means nothing until the financials/length of contract are known, if it's £300m over 10 years then it's a bit better than the SC deal but not by much in the scheme of it an extra £5m a year is nothing and in 9 years in the final year of the contract when players will probably be changing hands for a quarter of a million what are we going to do with £30m? It wouldn't even pay Messi for two years let alone sign someone of that ilk.

We need to start farming out all the sh*t, separate sponsors for first team kits, training kits, youth kits, the tea ladys apron, the lot of it.

Im under the impression its 300 million over a 6 year period. So that breaks down at 50 million a year.

But I'm guessing the contract will be structured in a way that we have to earn it. So we will likely be given a guaranteed percentage of the 50 mil a year, then the rest of the revenue will based on clauses that would trigger the payment, such as winning the premier league, making the group stages of the champions league so on and so on
      LFCexiled
      Reply #75: Feb 06, 2015 11:18:58 am
      Im under the impression its 300 million over a 6 year period. So that breaks down at 50 million a year

All the articles I've read have just said 'record breaking' so that leads me to believe that the lack of information means it's beats the £25m, just.

I'm an eternal optimist when possible but I can't help but read between the lines on this one.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #76: Feb 06, 2015 11:53:45 am
      Im under the impression its 300 million over a 6 year period. So that breaks down at 50 million a year.

But I'm guessing the contract will be structured in a way that we have to earn it. So we will likely be given a guaranteed percentage of the 50 mil a year, then the rest of the revenue will based on clauses that would trigger the payment, such as winning the premier league, making the group stages of the champions league so on and so on

I'm not sure why its parent company would come in and pay up to double, considering they were paying half it in the first place?

I don't think there's anything new to this to be honest, unless its a way of messing with the books to get around FFP. A clever move if so, as almost all the big clubs have done this in some way, shape or form.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #77: Feb 06, 2015 01:13:20 pm
      It's good news that we increase our revenue given that we have not established ourselves as one of the major clubs of Europe yet and we're not sure of finishing forth this season. I don't care how the kit looks like if it means that we will have less financial constraints to sign the players we need.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #78: Feb 06, 2015 02:13:27 pm
      It's good news that we increase our revenue given that we have not established ourselves as one of the major clubs of Europe yet and we're not sure of finishing forth this season. I don't care how the kit looks like if it means that we will have less financial constraints to sign the players we need.

Established ourselves as one of the major clubs of Europe yet?.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #79: Feb 06, 2015 02:35:31 pm
      Established ourselves as one of the major clubs of Europe yet?.

Only a small matter of 5 European Cups and 3 Uefa Cups.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #80: Feb 06, 2015 02:53:01 pm
      Only a small matter of 5 European Cups and 3 Uefa Cups.

Only....

;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3710 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #81: Feb 06, 2015 03:07:25 pm
      You can shot me down with my comment, that is: I don't care how it looks if it is Red and brings lots of money.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #82: Feb 06, 2015 04:12:11 pm
      NB do some great casual trainers to be fair, good following with the hipsters.

Let's remember New Balance are from Boston along with FSG.

I wouldn't be surprised if NB and FSG are teaming up to dominate the sports market with Liverpool FC in Boston. I think they've got a good fanbase there - and they are the hipsters team of choice in America - so don't be surprised to see the city of Boston coloured red in a few years!!!

Whatever the case, there are some excellent marketing opportunities in the. States being borne out of having American sports businessmen in charge of us.

I'm very critical of FSG's transfer policy of late but I think they are the right bunch to get us the marketing deals which we fell so far behind under Moores and Hicks & Gillett.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #83: Feb 06, 2015 05:56:28 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if NB and FSG are teaming up to dominate the sports market with Liverpool FC in Boston. I think they've got a good fanbase there - and they are the hipsters team of choice in America - so don't be surprised to see the city of Boston coloured red in a few years!!!

Whatever the case, there are some excellent marketing opportunities in the. States being borne out of having American sports businessmen in charge of us.

I'm very critical of FSG's transfer policy of late but I think they are the right bunch to get us the marketing deals which we fell so far behind under Moores and Hicks & Gillett.

I don't know what this means or how you would even validate this statement :D

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #84: Feb 06, 2015 05:58:21 pm
      You can shot me down with my comment, that is: I don't care how it looks if it is Red and brings lots of money.

Same here.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #85: Feb 06, 2015 06:13:42 pm
      I like that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #86: Feb 06, 2015 06:45:31 pm

None of that post has any relevance to the success of LFC.
      NB are based in Boston - FSG are based in Boston - wtf has that got to do with anything?

The implication is there may be some familiarity between the companies in a business context or whatever and likely as not there is some advantage to be gained for both parties in the liaison, the general good of LFC does not appear to be a priority.
      Not Nike or Adidas but New Balance, their status as sporting goods manufactures is approximately in that scale.
      I would guess the financial order would not be too different either.

A reflection of our owners aspiration for this club, some way off the leading brands with an average product.
      That by the way is complimentary to New Balance.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #87: Feb 06, 2015 07:45:45 pm
      ^
      Yep, a club record kit deal is of no financial benefit.

You heard it here first folks.  :roll:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #88: Feb 07, 2015 01:33:43 am
      None of that post has any relevance to the success of LFC.
      NB are based in Boston - FSG are based in Boston - wtf has that got to do with anything?

The implication is there may be some familiarity between the companies in a business context or whatever and likely as not there is some advantage to be gained for both parties in the liaison, the general good of LFC does not appear to be a priority.
      Not Nike or Adidas but New Balance, their status as sporting goods manufactures is approximately in that scale.
      I would guess the financial order would not be too different either.

A reflection of our owners aspiration for this club, some way off the leading brands with an average product.
      That by the way is complimentary to New Balance.

"The general good of LFC does not appear to be a priority."

So our owners are sacrificing the wellbeing of their own entity to ... appease New Balance owners?

And you clearly have the details of our sponsorship deal with them. Please share.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #89: Feb 07, 2015 06:32:40 am
      "The general good of LFC does not appear to be a priority."
      Four+ years of FSG's Boston based direction does promote that assertion.

So our owners are sacrificing the wellbeing of their own entity to ... appease New Balance owners?

Nowhere have I suggested such a thing.
      I have ventured that the deal is of greater advantage to the companies concerned than it is to LFC - mainly on account of that brand being sh*te.
      And you clearly have the details of our sponsorship deal with them. Please share.
      As this is a forum there is frequent use of suggestion, venture and assertion much like your comment matey.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #90: Feb 07, 2015 06:44:24 am
      ^
      Yep, a club record kit deal is of no financial benefit.

You heard it here first folks.  :roll:

I have no doubt you would wear that NB sh*te while the vast majority would swerve it.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #91: Feb 07, 2015 07:25:10 am
      I have no doubt you would wear that NB sh*te while the vast majority would swerve it.

I thought you were many things Stuey, but a brandist elite snob wasn't one of them.  As for you assertion that Nike and Adidas have put out better, they are responsible for some awful sh*te in the last few years.  When it comes to the replicas, I usually buy 1 or 2, the maker has F**k all bearing on it and if the mock ups I've seen are anywhere near the finish product, it will be 2 purchased next season. 

Quick Reply