Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Man Utd vs Liverpool -14 December.

Read 20697 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool -14 December.
      Reply #115: Dec 12, 2014 02:52:08 pm
      We CAN beat the scum. We SHOULD beat the scum. But WILL Brendan pick the team to do it?
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #116: Dec 12, 2014 02:59:39 pm
      We CAN beat the scum. We SHOULD beat the scum. But WILL Brendan pick the team to do it?

No he will not. Give Mark Jones a go. I'd love to see Coutinho, Sterling, Borini, Markovic(is he eligible?) and Gerrard in the same team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #117: Dec 12, 2014 03:01:20 pm
      No he will not. Give Mark Jones a go. I'd love to see Coutinho, Sterling, Borini, Markovic(is he eligible?) and Gerrard in the same team.

Who is Mark Jones?

DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #118: Dec 12, 2014 03:04:38 pm
      I would like to see this.
      Mignolet
      Manquillo-Toure-Sakho-Moreno
      Lucas
      Can-Coutinho
      Lallana
      Sterling-Lambert

Too bad this will never happen :(
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #119: Dec 12, 2014 03:05:01 pm

Brads less talented brother?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #120: Dec 12, 2014 03:06:25 pm

Think Markovic is only suspended for the next three games in europeon competition. So no Europa League action for Lazar.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #121: Dec 12, 2014 03:06:28 pm
      Jesus christ  :lmao:
      One of the worsts Liverpool team ive ever seen and probably the worst for 60 years, And I have seen ones with Ngog, Poulsen, Joe Cole, Konchesky in. We need owners like Cities, or we are fu**ed.

Edit: Dont think I am slating your selection HTM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYbtbUHRXyY
      And the best Liverpool player of all time :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #122: Dec 12, 2014 03:09:38 pm

I thought that was Migs  ;)
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #123: Dec 12, 2014 03:14:47 pm
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,675 posts | 145 
      Reply #124: Dec 12, 2014 03:20:12 pm
      How UTD are average ? they just Won 5 games in a row and they are third place .
      they are no where near shitty , yes they have shitty defense like ours but at least they have the striker to make up for it
      however Us we dont have any strikers that can cause them trouble and our main one is injured .
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #125: Dec 12, 2014 03:22:01 pm
      What a great game to come when you need the players to show.
      If they can't motivate themselves to go there and beat an average UTD team then they never will.
      Lets get one thing straight what ever reservations I have about Brendan I want him to win every game we start and even more so this Sunday.He has a chance he needs to be bold in his selection which means playing Couthino and Can and if available Sakho/Lovren.
      We do have enough in this team to go there and get a result I would imagine even Mario might show a bit of interest in beating UTD at home

mario showing interest?i cant see that happen,he barely showes interest in living
      he isnt moving off the ball,just stands there and wait for the ball to come to his feet
      Opravdu
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #126: Dec 12, 2014 03:34:35 pm
      Walton, if only...

The thing is we said that about the game vs Basel, (if they cant get motivated for this one then...)

Jonhson, Balo, Enrique will probably play. There are some really good suggestions for team in this tread, but lets be real..Guessing which side is going to be out every week is becoming as hard as winning the lottery!

I hope we can still get a result there, a win would be fantastic for everybody, but we must score!!

Come on boys, get this one right! There would nothing more palatable than stuff the mancs away and reading the excuses their boss will come up with..

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #127: Dec 12, 2014 03:36:51 pm
      How UTD are average ? they just Won 5 games in a row and they are third place .
      they are no where near shitty , yes they have shitty defense like ours but at least they have the striker to make up for it
      however Us we dont have any strikers that can cause them trouble and our main one is injured .

UTD shitty we more shitty
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #128: Dec 12, 2014 03:40:52 pm
      Very interesting article showing how far behind we are Utd in terms of revenue, fan base, squad value etc etc. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11288308/Man-Utd-v-Liverpool-Is-this-really-the-biggest-game-in-English-football.html
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #129: Dec 12, 2014 03:56:36 pm
                    Migs
      Jonno Skyrtel Toure Moreno
            Gerrard Henderon
      Sterling Coutinho Lallana
                  Balotelli

The defense is their weak point, so would play to attack that weakness if possible.
      If Mario not available, then Lambert.
      SG was poor against Basel, so could play Lucas instead, toss up.
      Allen also poor vs Basel, so would rest. Could also start Markovic instead of Lallana - he did OK when on vs Basel - the guy is running out of chances but Lallana's form is mixed, so Lazar could get yet another chance to show a quids worth out of 20 mill.

Utd have been lucky to get a pile of wins, RVP seems to be hitting some form, so defense will be tested. But they are there for the taking at the other end, though remains to be seen if we'll put them under enough pressure that end.

Love the games vs Utd, literally swatted them aside there last year. Expect it to be more difficult on Sunday, but if we can show the same urgency as we did in the final 10 vs Basel, in with a great shout.  Maybe Markovic should just get himself sent off in the first 10 mins ...
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #130: Dec 12, 2014 04:01:09 pm
                    Migs
            Gerrard Henderon
                  Balotelli

The defense is their weak point, so would play to attack that weakness if possible.
      Allen also poor vs Basel, so would rest. Could also start Markovic instead of Lallana - he did OK when on vs Basel - the guy is running out of chances but Lallana's form is mixed, so Lazar could get yet another chance to show a quids worth out of 20 mill.

Utd have been lucky to get a pile of wins, RVP seems to be hitting some form, so defense will be tested. But they are there for the taking at the other end, though remains to be seen if we'll put them under enough pressure that end.

Love the games vs Utd, literally swatted them aside there last year. Expect it to be more difficult on Sunday, but if we can show the same urgency as we did in the final 10 vs Basel, in with a great shout.  Maybe Markovic should just get himself sent off in the first 10 mins ...
      Skrytel :D ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #131: Dec 12, 2014 04:10:30 pm
                    Migs
            Gerrard Henderon
                  Balotelli

I'd drop Sterling to the bench until he realises £70k is a fair wage and learns how to score a goal or at least cross a ball. I'd then play with 2 strikers up top, radical I know but surely worth a go, I'd pair Borini with Balotelli, at least give it a bloody go Brendan!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #132: Dec 12, 2014 04:15:12 pm
      I don't fancy us at all at this point, but if things follow true to form by Sunday morning I'll have convinced myself that we're going to batter the f*****s. I sincerely hope we do, because we've got a fair smattering of Manc fans in the pub and I feel a loss against them much more even than I do a loss to Chelsea.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #133: Dec 12, 2014 04:31:26 pm
      Well at least Di Maria is out of the game...
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #134: Dec 12, 2014 04:31:29 pm
      Play Sterling in the false 9. That's all I'm asking, some mobility up top and that in turn will lead to some fluidity in our midfield and our passing game in general. That's what our play last season was built on and that is what we need to get back to.

I'd take a bloody draw right now!
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #135: Dec 12, 2014 04:32:14 pm
      De Maria just been ruled out
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone