Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

One point worse off than we were at this stage under Roy Hodgson.

Read 3716 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Dec 14, 2014 03:45:38 pm
      Now this is not a thread to call for Rodgers to be sacked, or for you to air your Rodgers out chants.

Its a thread to discuss what we think the Owners may do in regards to our situation, bearing in mind they released Hodgson (who wasn't their man) for a similar points return.

Are the next two league games Pivotal to Rodgers getting to remain for the season ?

Were Currently 7 points off 4th place, lose to Arsenal in our next league fixture and that could put us 10 points off fourth place.

My personal opinion is the owners will afford more time and patience to their own man, but if results continue as they are and the gap increases for 4th place, it does make me wonder how much and time patience will afford Rodgers.

Its going to be nervy.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: One point worse off than we were at this stage under Roy Hodgson.
      Reply #1: Dec 14, 2014 03:48:24 pm
      unless they back him and buy a recognised forward and a goalkeeper paying top money they may as well sack him now
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #2: Dec 14, 2014 03:49:54 pm
      unless they back him and buy a recognised forward and a goalkeeper paying top money they may as well sack him now

Would you trust br with money? His signings are shocking
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3: Dec 14, 2014 03:56:17 pm
      Depends on how ambitious the owners are.

If they've identified someone they want to take over and think they can realistically sign him mid season then I think defeat against Arsenal could potentially be it. I don't think that scenario is realistic though and rather than go down the interim route I see FSG giving Brendan more time and possibly move him on in the summer if we don't make the CL one way or another.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #4: Dec 14, 2014 04:03:24 pm

They backed him in the summer. £120m spent on utter garbage for me. The owners have been accommodating enough for me since they came to the club.

You could argue Hodgson's signings were mediocre and on a shoestring budget may I add (Konchesky, Meireles, Poulson) but pick me out the players bought in during BR's time in charge (3 years) who are better?
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #5: Dec 14, 2014 04:03:53 pm
      Rodgers HAS to go
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Dec 14, 2014 04:04:51 pm
      They backed him in the summer. £120m spent on utter garbage for me. The owners have been accommodating enough for me since they came to the club.

You could argue Hodgson's signings were mediocre and on a shoestring budget may I add (Konchesky, Meireles, Poulson) but pick me out the players bought in during BR's time in charge (3 years) who are better?

no mate they restrict the buying of world class players by adhering to a strict wage structure.
      What we need we cannot afford according to FSG
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #7: Dec 14, 2014 04:07:53 pm
      Yikes. That's a horrendous stat, and I'm still firmly in the "don't sack Brendan" camp.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #8: Dec 14, 2014 04:08:13 pm
      Great test for the owners, off the field LFC are growing financially and fast, but we need to mirror this growth on the field. Big balls required either way.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Dec 14, 2014 04:15:55 pm
      best tell Kenny to get the track suit out
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #10: Dec 14, 2014 04:19:10 pm

Not a bad shout if he would he willing to step in as interim manager. He might be our best shot at silver wear this season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Dec 14, 2014 04:21:28 pm

Honestly don't think Kenny should be put in that position ever again, his love for this club would see him take the opportunity every time, even if it killed him.

He deserves better than that if truth be told.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Dec 14, 2014 04:34:21 pm
      Honestly don't think Kenny should be put in that position ever again, his love for this club would see him take the opportunity every time, even if it killed him.

He deserves better than that if truth be told.

Remind you of Kenny with Sir Bob as mentor? Not sure Stevie has the character to be a manager.
      Who knows what FSG will do because they have not got a clue about football
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13: Dec 14, 2014 04:36:53 pm
      And eight points worse than we were, at this stage of Kenny's ill-fated last season mate.

Were Currently 7 points off 4th place, lose to Arsenal in our next league fixture and that could put us 10 points off fourth place...

... it does make me wonder how much and time patience will afford Rodgers.

Its going to be nervy.

I can see exactly how it's going to be nervy Blud - the result you mention could actually put us 13 points off 4th btw; should West Ham beat Leicester.  ;)

The last boss, this lot sacked, was 3 points off  4th place, with 29 points [at this stage] and only 2 points off Arsenal, in 4th, after 19 games, with 34 points.

We bought no-one that January, even tho' our midfield and defence was ravaged by injury and the rest, as they say, is history.

With that fact in mind I can't see the accounts stepping in to save us this January [hope I'm wrong] so, if I were Brendan, my arse would be playing the '5p - 50p game'.   :(
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14: Dec 14, 2014 04:47:55 pm

He's on a cruise ship around Dubai ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15: Dec 14, 2014 04:48:57 pm
      We all know we're in a storm. However we are divided between those who feel we are sinking and those who feel we can still come out on the other side.

As sad as it sounds it's quite a basic solution. Make it to January, see if there is any potential to bring players who can come in who can MAKE a difference and take it from there. As one said above though, on the evidence provided by the summer transfers can we trust that they will make any difference? No doubt about it - Rodgers can't afford something quite as bad next time round, and I'm sure he'll get that chance. I absolutely still support the man but there's no question that the season has been riddled with error upon error, upon error. It's been a shocking season from Brendan so far and no more has that been shown than in his management of a truly appalling defence where Skrtel, Lovren have been the prime source of utter catastrophe. His persistance in sticking with woeful players like them as well as an inability to introduce Markovic, Suso etc into proceedings has given his detractors easy ammo to fire at him.

Quite simply he has to do better.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #16: Dec 14, 2014 04:51:17 pm

I would never back him with money anymore. 220m spent on players and what did he spend it on?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17: Dec 14, 2014 04:57:52 pm
      I would never back him with money anymore. 220m spent on players and what did he spend it on?
      Did he choose those players though?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18: Dec 14, 2014 05:10:54 pm

Is it really that difficult to choose the right players and the positions needed to improve the team? Even the majority of our fans can scout exceptional players that would not have cost a world class fee as well as improving us.

Surely if you are getting paid thousands on a weekly basis, It would be easier as your job is to scout players? :S It just doesn't make sense. Football isn't rocket science, is it? I believe Rodgers has a final say and he does get to choose what players he wants from a selection of players recommended by the scouting team. Also, I'm sure he does scouting himself (watching games and hearsay) and has his own list.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #19: Dec 14, 2014 05:12:42 pm

Of course he did, naive to think otherwise.

He wanted Allen, so he paid 15m to get Allen. He started creaming himself about an exciting player that Liverpool fans will love and he paid 10m and got Borini. He wanted a leader in defense so he paid 20m on Lovren.

He is the one responsible.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #20: Dec 14, 2014 05:15:29 pm
      He's on a cruise ship around Dubai ;)

Oh no he's not!
      Well it is panto season.  :laugh:

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #21: Dec 14, 2014 05:15:41 pm
      Last 19 league games of our last 5 managers, from highest to lowest.

33pts
      31pts
      28pts Brendan Rodgers
      24pts
      18pts
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #22: Dec 14, 2014 05:19:10 pm

this is the question. However he did by his own admission give his approval and he is part of the corporate decision to buy players of this ilk.So he may not have free reign but he is complicit in the decision.

Quick Reply