Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

3 signings in January?

Read 16560 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: 3 signings in January?
      Reply #46: Dec 15, 2014 10:02:30 pm
      We need a proven experienced manager with a great track record in the league and in Europe know anyone Shabs

klopp, simeone ... de boer slighty
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #47: Dec 15, 2014 10:08:45 pm
      Individual players aside, what the team (not the squad) desperately needs is some power and physicality. I don't watch much foreign football, so I'll keep my suggestions to the Premiership.

We obviously need a striker and I'd move heaven and earth to get either Berahino or Bony. Both would score heavily in a red shirt and are made of the right stuff.

We need a midfielder who can step straight in. Morgan Sneiderlyn is the obvious pick, followed by James Milner.

We need a keeper, and if it's doable we should get Cech, if not Begovic.

Do I think any of those will happen? No.

Still pisses me off.
      How the F**k did we raid Southampton and not come away with Schneiderlin?
      F***ing morons.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #48: Dec 15, 2014 10:11:07 pm
      Still pisses me off.
      How the f**k did we raid Southampton and not come away with Schneiderlin?
      F***ing morons.

F**k me, the more I think about Schneiderlin, the more I question Rodgers and the committee. Seriously, Schneiderlin was the only player we needed at Southampton.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #49: Dec 15, 2014 10:40:19 pm
      Lacazette, Pogba, and Cech would do for me, but we won't get any of them. More realistic options that I'd be happy enough with are:

Huntelaar/Soldado
      Cabaye/Khediera
      Leno/Adler
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #50: Dec 16, 2014 12:38:12 am
      3 signings? And the bloody rest.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #51: Dec 16, 2014 01:38:24 am
      Frank De Boer.  :couch:
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #52: Dec 16, 2014 08:02:38 am
      Valdes (free)
      Khedira (15 mill)
      Cabaye (loan)
      Origi (give Lille lambert or Borini in exchange for releasing Origi early)
      Vlaar (6/8 mill)
      Recall Illori and Coates from loans.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Dec 16, 2014 10:08:38 am
      he has already had a guts full of owners like these and he wouldn't come here just for the sake of it ,it would have to be on his terms so bye bye committee bye bye Ayres.You know how much I want him back but not at any cost I don't want his legacy tarnished we saw what they did to Kenny and that for me is still unforgiveable

This is what really annoys me, how dare you compere FSG to those despicable cu*ts Hicks and Gillet!! FSG rescued us from going under as a club and have pumped plenty of money into the club, the fact that its mostly been squandered by Kenny/Comolli and now Brendan is not directly their fault.
      I would welcome rafa back with open arms and why would he not fit the bill, he has demonstrated before that he can work miracles with a limited budget but Liverpool do spend money , its a myth that we don't.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #54: Dec 16, 2014 10:13:06 am
      I`d take Asmir Begović the keeper and Shawcross from Stoke ,then Cheikhou Kouyaté from West Ham dont know if £25Million  would be enough ?
      TBH the players we need dont cost £25 million we would have to spend mega bucks and sell our duds to boot
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #55: Dec 16, 2014 10:16:18 am
      This is what really annoys me, how dare you compere FSG to those despicable cu*ts Hicks and Gillet!! FSG rescued us from going under as a club and have pumped plenty of money into the club, the fact that its mostly been squandered by Kenny/Comolli and now Brendan is not directly their fault.
      I would welcome rafa back with open arms and why would he not fit the bill, he has demonstrated before that he can work miracles with a limited budget but Liverpool do spend money , its a myth that we don't.

Yeah you keep telling yourself that!
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #56: Dec 16, 2014 11:33:34 am
      I think 3 signings at 8m each is the LAST thing we need. 8m gets you a relegation team player, or even a Championship player. And players make teams.

This is especially true given Fenway's vampire like view of cutting wages... for their own arsepocket.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #57: Dec 16, 2014 11:34:31 am

What pure, undiluted garbage. No wonder LFC is a laughing stock. I wonder what motivates YOUR posts...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #58: Dec 16, 2014 11:40:30 am
      I`d take Asmir Begović the keeper and Shawcross from Stoke ,then Cheikhou Kouyaté from West Ham dont know if £25Million  would be enough ?
      TBH the players we need dont cost £25 million we would have to spend mega bucks and sell our duds to boot

Begivic has been poor this season and the other two I wouldn't want next or near this club. Awful small club mentality suggestions.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #59: Dec 16, 2014 11:50:04 am
      Valdes (free)
      Khedira (15 mill)
      Cabaye (loan)
      Origi (give Lille lambert or Borini in exchange for releasing Origi early)
      Vlaar (6/8 mill)
      Recall Illori and Coates from loans.

Would rather we just play Lucas than sign Khedira. Cabaye yes but only with an option to sign permanently. Valdes too much of a risk. Disagree on the other suggestions too.

A new striker either Bony or Jackson Martinez should be our top priority.

A new keeper to replace Jones or else two to replace both Jones and Mignolet.

A winger with pace... Shaqiri.

A new right back to replace Johnson... Martin Montoya.

Buy:

New Gk or two
      Montoya
      Cabaye (loan)
      Shaqiri
      Bony or Martinez

Sell:

Jones and Mignolet
      Johnson
      Allen
      Borini
      « Last Edit: Dec 16, 2014 12:02:47 pm by bazspeedman »
      thriller
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #60: Dec 16, 2014 11:55:09 am
      I don't think I'd sign anybody with the Jan. tax to deal with.

And can we first see the players we've bought in the summer...

I want to see more of Can, Markovic, Lallana. Sturridge should be back soon, and Balo needs a partner so I'm content there.

A solid GK would be be great though

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #61: Dec 16, 2014 12:02:39 pm
      Begivic has been poor this season and the other two I wouldn't want next or near this club. Awful small club mentality suggestions.

sometimes people need reminding this club is a 5 times winner of the CL the most successful club in English football history so we are linked with John Ruddy.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #62: Dec 16, 2014 12:37:59 pm
      Very true mate its just the £25 million,we would have to spend awfi big to sort out our problem areas maybe a zero at the end would point us in the right direction
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Dec 16, 2014 12:41:49 pm
      there is a saying about a Giraffe being a horse designed by a committee. I guess our team is a footballing Giraffe
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #64: Dec 16, 2014 12:43:06 pm
      Quality costs bud if we are going to have a dash at it are the owners gonna supply or trust Brendan with more cash
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #65: Dec 16, 2014 12:54:42 pm
      If Brendan remains in charge, no money should be wasted on transfers.
      No money should be "wasted" on transfers regardless of who the manager is! How about letting Brendan sign a world class players for once , then it wouldn't be wasted would it?

Are you a Liverpool supporter, or are you just a Brendan hater?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #66: Dec 16, 2014 12:59:23 pm
      No money should be "wasted" on transfers regardless of who the manager is! How about letting Brendan sign a world class players for once , then it wouldn't be wasted would it?

Are you a Liverpool supporter, or are you just a Brendan hater?

There's one or two for whom one of those options is sadly beginning to take over the other in terms of importance by quite a margin.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #67: Dec 16, 2014 01:26:07 pm
      To be fair Rodgers wanted Bony, Sanchez and Eriksen here. But the committee dictated otherwise. I trust him to be given license to sign a striker of his choosing. But I never want him to have control over a defensive signing ever again!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #68: Dec 16, 2014 01:28:14 pm
      sometimes people need reminding this club is a 5 times winner of the CL the most successful club in English football history so we are linked with John Ruddy.

I cringed when I saw that thread pop up... John F***ing Ruddy FFS!

Quick Reply