Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The 'Committee'

Read 21720 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: The 'Committee'
      Reply #46: Dec 18, 2014 11:17:25 pm
      See our very own Fallopia japonica is bringing fun & joy to another thread.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #47: Dec 18, 2014 11:33:14 pm
      See our very own Fallopia japonica is bringing fun & joy to another thread.
      Whip out yer sprayer and kill it .

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #48: Dec 19, 2014 10:48:37 am
      They call it a "committee".
      Shame the buggers never COMMIT anything. Other then an obsession with wage cuts and selling our stars.

The funniest thing about your signature is that we sold Bellamy to buy Torres.

We sold Torres to buy Suarez.

We are trading up in value. That's what we have to do now since your heroes Moores and Parry left us so far behind our rivals financially.

As usual it's all bluster from you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #49: Dec 19, 2014 02:08:34 pm
      Why? Just hand the manager a damn budget and give him free reign to use it like everyone else does. He doesn't need someone looking over his shoulder second guessing his buys which is what seems to be at the heart of our problems right now.

Not sure where you get your information from, but every club has a "money man" on their transfer committee.
      Every club in the prem has a transfer committee. It's only here that people get so hung up about it because people are always looking for someone to blame whilst giving others a free ride.

Ours used to be Parry, who refused to pay Ronaldos wages (we had first shout on him) and refused also to sign Vidic.

man u on the other hand had David Gill, a man who put in place a policy of not signing players over 26, unless ferguson could make a case for the purchase.
      They also had Peter Kenyon and Martin Edwards.
      All hugely experienced and knew what they were doing.

We have Ian Ayre.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: Dec 19, 2014 02:17:08 pm

Well, apart from the fact that manager and scout are different roles, he also bought players who had us playing excellent football.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #51: Dec 19, 2014 02:23:18 pm
      The funniest thing about your signature is that we sold Bellamy to buy Torres.

We sold Torres to buy Suarez.

We are trading up in value. That's what we have to do now since your heroes Moores and Parry left us so far behind our rivals financially.

As usual it's all bluster from you.

I dont even mention Bellamy. But hey keep taking the meds!
      (Not that they do anything!)

Yankway made it clear Suarez was bought to partner Nando.
      Except... THAT WAS ANOTHER LIE!

"Trading up in value"? What a lame troll you are.
      Masch for Adam
      Torres for Carroll.
      Reina for Mignolet
      Suarez for Balojelly.
      I could go on..

Trading up in greed more like

Talk about "bluster". You're a joke. Go back to Boston.
      Watch some rounders. Try not to get hit on the head with the ball again!  :roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #52: Dec 19, 2014 02:32:19 pm
      Not sure where you get your information from, but every club has a "money man" on their transfer committee.
      Every club in the prem has a transfer committee. It's only here that people get so hung up about it because people are always looking for someone to blame whilst giving others a free ride.
      Ours used to be Parry, who refused to pay Ronaldos wages (we had first shout on him) and refused also to sign Vidic.
      man u on the other hand had David Gill, a man who put in place a policy of not signing players over 26, unless ferguson could make a case for the purchase.

We have Ian Ayre.

We do indeed.
      As previously stated Ayre is in situ purely at the behest of FSG.
      He was on the board with H&G, JWH saw fit to employ him in the new regime.

Tarnished goods was never more appropriate yet FSG are obviously highly satisfied with his 'credentials'.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #53: Dec 19, 2014 03:15:10 pm
      The one thing I don't understand with the committee and FSG is how the funding works. Does FSG say, "No transfer fees above xxxxx and no wages above yyyy," or is it more simple like, "You have zzzz amount of money to allocate between fees and wages as you see fit"?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,894 posts | 4965 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #54: Dec 19, 2014 04:12:10 pm

We have Ian Ayre.

Lovin it Swab mate, lovin it !

FSG's in house cocksucker, I'm sure the worlds footballers agents quake in their boots when pubic Ayre turns up for negotiations,  !!

YNWA

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #55: Dec 19, 2014 04:16:59 pm

Lovin it Swab mate, lovin it !

FSG's in house cocksucker, I'm sure the worlds footballers agents quake in their boots when pubic Ayre turns up for negotiations,  !!

YNWA

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
      As a bloke to bring in commercial revenue, he's good. In fact he's improved us a lot in that regard.

BUT I'm convinced he has been promoted beyond his abilities, and shouldn't be anywhere near team affairs or transfers or wages.
      He's already had one bollocking from JWH for dragging his feet on transfers, but for me that's not enough.
      He needs to be taken out of that role and put back into getting the money into the club, something he does well with his del boy-esque bullshit management speak.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,894 posts | 4965 
      Reply #56: Dec 19, 2014 05:41:39 pm
      I've said it before and I'll say it again.
      As a bloke to bring in commercial revenue, he's good. In fact he's improved us a lot in that regard.

BUT I'm convinced he has been promoted beyond his abilities, and shouldn't be anywhere near team affairs or transfers or wages.
      He's already had one bollocking from JWH for dragging his feet on transfers, but for me that's not enough.
      He needs to be taken out of that role and put back into getting the money into the club, something he does well with his del boy-esque bullshit management speak.

Can't disagree with any of that mate if I'm honest, FSG have a lot to answer for too, IMO they have the perfect employee in Ayre, doing exactly what's required and following strict financial parameters , then you read what that f***in committee get up to is it any wonder 'things just ain't happening'

Bring back the good old days where scouts went out and watched a particular target and did their own analysis, all these stats and nerdy KUNTS trying to tell us how this player or that isn't really what he is so don't buy him bollocks gets on my f***in tits,

F**k the committee off pronto and let's get back to judging a player on his merits and not what it says on a computer screen ....... And breathe ...

Rant over

YNWA
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Dec 19, 2014 06:22:51 pm

Can't disagree with any of that mate if I'm honest, FSG have a lot to answer for too, IMO they have the perfect employee in Ayre, doing exactly what's required and following strict financial parameters , then you read what that f***in committee get up to is it any wonder 'things just ain't happening'

Bring back the good old days where scouts went out and watched a particular target and did their own analysis, all these stats and nerdy KUNTS trying to tell us how this player or that isn't really what he is so don't buy him bollocks gets on my f***in tits,

F**k the committee off pronto and let's get back to judging a player on his merits and not what it says on a computer screen ....... And breathe ...

Rant over

YNWA

As a club, we can't match city, chelsea or even utd when it comes to wages and in probably transfer fees.
      This doesn't rule us out of the running though.
      What we simply must do is work smarter in all our transfer dealings.
      It's easy to sit here and shout that we should just throw money at the problem, but that way will lead to ruin.

At the same time though, one of the things included in working smarter is that sometimes it pays to pay over the odds for a player who is in demand.
      I feel Ayre is too rigid and risk averse. He'd rather play it safe and risk a bollocking than stick his neck out.

Now on top of that we also have a very inexperienced manager, and frankly, I'm not sure how much I'd trust him if he were given free reign to spend the available funds how he wants.
      I'd trust Rafa, but he has a much better track record when it comes to building a team and paying the necessary amounts for the players that improve his teams.
      I know people go on about Keane, but he was only one part of the plan Rafa had, and for one reason or another he didn't get to put all the pieces into place.
      When I see BR's transfer dealings, there doesn't seem to be a coherent plan. It may be that I'm too stupid to see it though.

So when I add all these things up, it's clear to me that the financial restrictions we have in place are there for a reason.
      We are once again approaching 70% of turnover being paid in wages.
      We have a large-ish squad, but at this moment in time we lack quality, especially up front.

Something needs to change regarding our defense, and how the players are being coached, and we need to get the right players in, not necessarily the most expensive.
      Of course there's always a risk that a player won't work out, no matter how talented, but having an experienced money man on the committee would go a long way to helping us work smarter.
      Oh, and get rid of the c**t with the computer.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,894 posts | 4965 
      Reply #58: Dec 19, 2014 08:12:37 pm
      As a club, we can't match city, chelsea or even utd when it comes to wages and in probably transfer fees.
      It's easy to sit here and shout that we should just throw money at the problem, but that way will lead to ruin.

At the same time though, one of the things included in working smarter is that sometimes it pays to pay over the odds for a player who is in demand.
      I feel Ayre is too rigid and risk averse. He'd rather play it safe and risk a bollocking than stick his neck out.

Now on top of that we also have a very inexperienced manager, and frankly, I'm not sure how much I'd trust him if he were given free reign to spend the available funds how he wants.
      I'd trust Rafa, but he has a much better track record when it comes to building a team and paying the necessary amounts for the players that improve his teams.
      I know people go on about Keane, but he was only one part of the plan Rafa had, and for one reason or another he didn't get to put all the pieces into place.
      When I see BR's transfer dealings, there doesn't seem to be a coherent plan. It may be that I'm too stupid to see it though.

So when I add all these things up, it's clear to me that the financial restrictions we have in place are there for a reason.
      We have a large-ish squad, but at this moment in time we lack quality, especially up front.

Something needs to change regarding our defense, and how the players are being coached, and we need to get the right players in, not necessarily the most expensive.
      Of course there's always a risk that a player won't work out, no matter how talented, but having an experienced money man on the committee would go a long way to helping us work smarter.

I can see where your coming from mate and it's hard yo argue against the points you have made,
      Of course we cannot compete with chavs,Citeh or indeed those scummy fuckers at the end of the east lancs rd ,

But working smarter won't work either when you can't offer the kind of wage that attracts those top quality individuals, Ayres rigidity comes from those in Boston where ultimately the financial buck stops with,

I'm not expecting them to bank roll the wages of 5.6, or. 7 players but do expect to have 2-4 top quality high earners in the team, that would let us at least compete consistently for CL spots and be regular title challengers,

We missed out on a good few players who would have made a difference simply because higher wages were on offer elsewhere, dress that up how you like the simple fact is the wage restrictions put upon the club by FSG are holding us back and is detrimental to future negotiations,

We may well have a inexperienced young manager but god forbid put Maureen, Pelligrini or LVG in Brendan's shoes and see how well they faired under the same restrictions,
      Fairy muff the Brendan signings have hardly set us on the glory trail but that f***in committee has to take it's share of the shitstorm to,

I agree with you in regards to Rafa, IF the FSG axe were to fall he'd be my choice to come in , many on here wax lyrical over Klopp , I'm not sure he'd be any better than BR, if I'm honest, I'd love it if Rafa came back and had Carra & Stevie as his two assistants , maybe I'm just dreaming,

YNWA

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #59: Dec 19, 2014 08:18:00 pm

Errrrrrrr, no we can't match the clubs you mentioned, because we are over 50 million down on Chelsea's annual turnover 70 on City and over 150+ on United under Fair play can you tell me how we can match them.

I posted on another thread our wage bill is 50 million under Chelsea's exactly how much more they earn each year, scarily apart from their debt the scum could easily triple their wage bill and still be in fair play rules.

Off field we are closing the gap but no where near yet.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #60: Dec 19, 2014 10:41:43 pm
      You're right, Swab, insofar as saying we can't compete, at least not to the same quantity but our current squad lacks even one world class player and for a club with aspirations of winning the league and dominating Europe that's a sorry state of affairs, never mind a damning incitement of our transfer policy. We make enough money per season to be able to start adding one or two top draw players per window. I'd sooner have a smaller squad of higher quality players than a deep squad of average to fairly decent players like we have now. We'd simply have to temper our seasonable ambitions to match our capabilities. Something has change in the mentality of the club because it's not something unique to FSG. When was the last time Liverpool bought an already established World Class player? Certainly not in the Premier League era.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #61: Dec 19, 2014 11:02:57 pm
      You're right, Swab, insofar as saying we can't compete, at least not to the same quantity but our current squad lacks even one world class player and for a club with aspirations of winning the league and dominating Europe that's a sorry state of affairs, never mind a damning incitement of our transfer policy. We make enough money per season to be able to start adding one or two top draw players per window. I'd sooner have a smaller squad of higher quality players than a deep squad of average to fairly decent players like we have now. We'd simply have to temper our seasonable ambitions to match our capabilities. Something has change in the mentality of the club because it's not something unique to FSG. When was the last time Liverpool bought an already established World Class player? Certainly not in the Premier League era.

Absolutely! No one is even asking for us two match city blow for blow in the transfer market, but certainly bringing in a couple of very good players per season isn't beyond our means.
      City tend to over do it in the transfer Windows imo, too many world class players in one team can be hard to manage, but even signing one world class player can give the rest of the team a boost.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #62: Dec 19, 2014 11:06:23 pm

Now isn't that a coincidence?
      In the period you mention LFC have won F**k all of note.
      Maybe our fortunes will change now that JWH has his finger on the signings button.

Holding your breath is not advised.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,894 posts | 4965 
      Reply #63: Dec 20, 2014 05:12:57 am

This is what I see as the ideal plan and would/ should have happened from the start, certainly of the FSG tenure, we had a 29-30 yr old still world class Gerrard , a very good keeper in Pepe, a adequate enough cb in Agger , Lucas was at his peak,Kuyt was our engine so the spine was already in place, then we added, Coutinho , Sturridge and our best player for years Luis Suarez, although a few didn't quite work out, I wonder why(committee) and a few left,

when you look at it, adding 1-2 top quality each season from then on it's hard to argue we be wouldn't be a lot better than we are now
      in fact had we got even just 2-3 of those players we missed I believe we would be amongst the top 3 now, still in the CL and enjoying watching the continuous rebirth of the mighty reds,

Now look at us !

Not forgetting selling your best players and replacing them with less quality cheaper under achievers, a recipe for going backwards if you don't mind me saying ,
      Quite honestly it's a fuckkn disgrace what's happened,
      In the grand scheme of things the ambitions of FSG clearly do not match those of Brendan nor of us , their sole intentions are to build the stadia up for later procurement while at the same time retain the club at it's current level  ,
       I cannot see them shifting from their inadequate restrictive wage negotiations just because of a few thousand bums on seats, most of which are for the prawn sandwich brigade if I'm not mistaken,

Far be it for me to say are they just another herpes & Gonhorrea with a different hat on,

This coming window will be interesting,we'll soon know for sure how much faith is left in Brendan by how much he's given to attempt and redeem our fortunes,
      bare in mind tho top quality players are harder to find this time of a season, but our intentions should at least match our ambitions , so well see who is targeted and who we actually bring in........
      If any at all !

YNWA
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #64: Dec 20, 2014 08:34:40 am
      I still think Sanchez going to Arsenal fu**ed up a lot of plans for this season. Brendan may have been happy to carry on as we did last season, but was forced into changing things around to make ammends for missing out on him.
      I still think we should have offered whatever it took to get him here, even if it took all of Suarez's wages.
      We're paying the price for the Committee's failings.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #65: Dec 20, 2014 11:17:39 am
      There's something FSG simply do not seem to comprehend. I posted elsewhere the league table of wages as a percentage of income for each Premier League club and what's interesting is the more successful a club, the lower their wage bill percentage is despite them paying higher wages than those at the top. What this shows is that paying big wages and buying experienced World Class talent actually increases your success which increases the amount of money you earn as a club. In other words, FSG's business plan is fundamentally flawed and ultimately self defeating because where they to have invested in the squad with top talent they'd actually be earning more money from us.

Edit: O.K. now this is interesting. If the Express is to be believed (yes I know, it's a big 'if') we where actually willing to pay Sanchez £15K a week more than he's on at Arsenal and he still turned us down. That puts pale to the assumption we're unwilling to compete on wages.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2014 01:18:32 pm by 5timesacharm »
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #66: Dec 20, 2014 08:04:52 pm
      I dont even mention Bellamy. But hey keep taking the meds!
      (Not that they do anything!)

Yankway made it clear Suarez was bought to partner Nando.
      Except... THAT WAS ANOTHER LIE!

"Trading up in value"? What a lame troll you are.
      Masch for Adam
      Torres for Carroll.
      Reina for Mignolet
      Suarez for Balojelly.
      I could go on..

Trading up in greed more like

Talk about "bluster". You're a joke. Go back to Boston.
      Watch some rounders. Try not to get hit on the head with the ball again!  :roll:

;D - Kenny brought Adam in and tried to get the tea playing around him.

Torres and Suarez are two of the greatest strikers we have ever had and were leagues ahead of any forward signed whilsty Moores was in charge.

Reina left the club to be a backup keeper - He was great when he arrived here for £6 million but his time here was done.  Mignolet hasn't worked out but we spent £9 million to bring him here.

CHange the record - it's getting boring.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #67: Dec 21, 2014 09:10:34 am
      If Brendan needs a world class striker to mask his shortcomings, then give him one! No one was complaining last season!

Then he's not coaching properly then last season, would you not agree?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #68: Dec 21, 2014 09:19:30 am
      Then he's not coaching properly then last season, would you not agree?

I agree, but I'd happily take a 6-5 win every game!

Quick Reply