Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Players Out

Read 10823 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Players Out
      Dec 17, 2014 09:01:56 am
      I was just thinking who I'd sell in January. No anger, no bias, I tried to do this with a level head and an objective perspective. I didn't bother all that much with players coming in; it was more an exercise to see who I thought needed to move on.

Mignolet (I'd rather keep Jones as backup and bring in a new 1st choice keeper (Ochoa?)
      ----
      Johnson (I'd rather start with Manquillo/Flannagan)
      Lovren (rather start with Sakho and have Toure/Coates as backup)
      ----
      Allen (I'd rather play Lucas)
      Henderson (Can's turn for me)
      ----
      Lambert
      Borini
      Balotelli (tough decision but reckoned with funds we'd get a better striker)

So 75% of our strike force gone
      Undecided with Gerrard but decided to keep him then sell/release him at season's end
      Undecided about Moreno but reckoned he just needs more time

Are we really in this dire a situation? Sterling, Couts, Studge, Lallana, Markovic, and Can, I don't see much hope for us in the future.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Players Out
      Reply #1: Dec 17, 2014 09:17:15 am
      I was just thinking who I'd sell in January. No anger, no bias, I tried to do this with a level head and an objective perspective. I didn't bother all that much with players coming in; it was more an exercise to see who I thought needed to move on.

Mignolet (I'd rather keep Jones as backup and bring in a new 1st choice keeper (Ochoa?)
      ----
      ----
      ----
      Lambert
      Borini

Undecided with Gerrard but decided to keep him then sell/release him at season's end

Are we really in this dire a situation? Sterling, Couts, Studge, Lallana, Markovic, and Can, I don't see much hope for us in the future.

As much as you would like to sell everyone playing poorly at the moment we still need a squad.
      The likes of Henderson and Allen are just in poor form at the moment.
      I would rather keep Migs as a back up to " anticipate the wrong way Brad Jones"
      I would get rid of Skrtel and tell Lovren your right footed so you play on the right next to Sakho.
      Borini is obviously gone and The Balotelli gamble has not paid off I would ditch him.
      Gerrard and Johnson won't be here next season but doubt they will go in January.
      I would also try to offload Alberto and Aspas and see how much can be raised.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #2: Dec 17, 2014 09:26:49 am

----
      ----
      ----
      Lambert
      Borini

I would sell Jones and keep Mignolet, bring Cech in and have Mignolet as back up to watch and learn from Cech how to command a box.

No way in hell would I sell Hendo he is in a dip of form but to suggest selling him is ludicrous.

Moreno will come good.

Lambert I would also keep he's a decent plan B to bring on late in games which is what he was brought in for in the first place.

I would only get rid of...

Jones
      Lovren or Skrtel (or both)
      Johnson
      Allen
      Borini
      Balotelli
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #3: Dec 17, 2014 09:51:41 am
      I can only see Lucas going in January which would be a shame because he is better than all of Can, Allen & Gerrard in the DM position.

In the summer I'd like to see the following go:

Mignolet 
      Johnson
      Skrtel
      Borini
      Allen
      Assaidi
      Coates
      Aspas
      Alberto
      Lambert
      Toure
      Enrique (possibly)
      (Gerrard too, but not by choice)

That'll bring in around 40-50m.

Wisdom, Illori, Ibe & Suso coming into the squad and two or three new faces.

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #4: Dec 17, 2014 09:54:34 am

----
      ----
      ----
      Lambert
      Borini

Each to their an all that, but this is the ultimate knee jerk...

get rid of Allen and Henderson?? They are just off the boil and need to play themselves into form. they will be fine.

As, i believe, Lovren will. He has not become a bad defender overnight. With the right protection - maybe Can or lucas - and coaching he will come good.

Lambert is good to have a round too. Perfect to come on in an all-out attack moment and maybe start the early round of a cup. But the biggest thing will be that he be happy to do that, and that’s not to underestimated. He'll happily be a 4th choice whatever...

as for the rest:
      Mignolet - he won’t want to stay after this season... he is broken
      ----
      Johnson - we have over and he is older now. id actually keep him as a squad player but he is too costly for that
      ----
      Borini - not good enough it we are keeping Lambert
      Balotelli - this is not a tough one for me... I would drive him to the airport tonight if it helped
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Dec 17, 2014 09:59:21 am
      Jones
      Johnson
      Borini
      Balotelli

Use the money to bring in a proper striker please.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #6: Dec 17, 2014 10:01:38 am
      No way in hell would I sell Hendo he is in a dip of form but to suggest selling him is ludicrous.

Actually he was pretty wretched for all of the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons, as well as the first half of last season.  The only time he played well for us was half of last season.  So you could say he's in a dip of form right now or, looking a the evidence, you could say that he's back to his normal self and the back end of last season was an anomaly.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7: Dec 17, 2014 10:06:11 am
      Actually he was pretty wretched for all of the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons, as well as the first half of last season.  The only time he played well for us was half of last season.  So you could say he's in a dip of form right now or, looking a the evidence, you could say that he's back to his normal self and the back end of last season was an anomaly.

Or you could say he improved season after season, and this season nobody has found form yet including  Jordan.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #8: Dec 17, 2014 10:12:25 am
      Jones
      Johnson
      Borini
      Balotelli

Use the money to bring in a proper striker please.

I'd go with that.

Thoght Mario would work out but clearly won't.

Cut our losses now and move on.

And selling Lucas would be madness in my opinion. Earlier in the season I'd thought he'd got past it but he's still the best we have in his position and the only time I think our midfield has looked solid this season is when he has played.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #9: Dec 17, 2014 10:17:51 am
      No way :D
      I would say Sakho,Lucas and Borini will be moved.

No way we will be selling Henderson!.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Dec 17, 2014 10:19:41 am
      I'd go with that.

Thoght Mario would work out but clearly won't.

Cut our losses now and move on.

And selling Lucas would be madness in my opinion. Earlier in the season I'd thought he'd got past it but he's still the best we have in his position and the only time I think our midfield has looked solid this season is when he has played.

Our number 1:

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #11: Dec 17, 2014 10:24:05 am
      Just curious the posters in here who say Allen will play into form , you do realise how long he,s been here right  did I miss christmas and jump to April 1st  if not can someone explain the theory behind that  cos that has me beat all ends up fckin useless springs to mind .
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #12: Dec 17, 2014 10:27:01 am

Back end of last season that's F***ing hilarious! I think you need to go back and rewatch the last two seasons. Hendo is our more improved player over the last two seasons. Any supporter who isn't blind can see that. He was excellent for most of last season winning numerous man of the match polls.

By your logic you could say our entire team is back to its normal self as no one is performing!

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13: Dec 17, 2014 10:40:45 am
      Selling players isn't just about clearing out numbers, it's about raising cash. Given that we ought to look at who we don't need at all, but also at who would raise money and free up wages. I'd sell...

Henderson. I don't rate him at a top club and we'd get good money for him, perhaps 15mill or so.

Balotelli. It hasn't worked. 13 mill.

Borini. Not good enough, unfortunately his intransigence has knocked his value though. 7 mill.

Aspas. Awful. 2 mill.

Andre Wisdom. Decent but not up to a top club. 4 mill.

Suso. Ditto. 2 mill.

Allen. Ditto. 5 mill.

I'd also consider if someone offered 20 plus for Coutinho. Controversial I know, but he is currently going backwards fast.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #14: Dec 17, 2014 10:49:35 am
      I cant believe there are people ready to show Henderson the door...
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15: Dec 17, 2014 10:50:31 am
      Easier to say "who wouldnt we miss".

Sturridge Sterling - as key players.

The rest who are ok but not vital:-
      Lallana for squad only.
      Lovren and Sakho and Skrtel are "ok"
      Moreno and Manquillo will develop over time, as will Markovic and Can.

I literally cant think of a single player in the whole squad I'd be really disappointed to see go, apart from Sterl and Sturr.

But I can write a team, ie 2 players from '09, one from 0'10, and about 6 or 8 others I was disgusted to see go.

That really shows how far we have fallen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #16: Dec 17, 2014 10:55:46 am
      I cant believe there are people ready to show Henderson the door...

Only the ones who never rated him and don't want to see him succeed here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #17: Dec 17, 2014 10:57:59 am
      Selling players isn't just about clearing out numbers, it's about raising cash. Given that we ought to look at who we don't need at all, but also at who would raise money and free up wages. I'd sell...

Henderson. I don't rate him at a top club and we'd get good money for him, perhaps 15mill or so.

Borini. Not good enough, unfortunately his intransigence has knocked his value though. 7 mill.

Aspas. Awful. 2 mill.

Suso. Ditto. 2 mill.

Allen. Ditto. 5 mill.

I'd also consider if someone offered 20 plus for Coutinho. Controversial I know, but he is currently going backwards fast.

So you would sell Hendo, Suso and Coutinho.

Wow.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #18: Dec 17, 2014 11:12:54 am
      I'd like to see the following players leave the club on the basis that they are not good enough:

Aspas
      Borini
      Lambert
      Allen
      Alberto
      Coates
      Enrique
      Jones

If we're looking to bring in funds for new players, there's an argument to be made that we could bring in improvements at similar prices to:

Balo - 12 mil
      Henderson - 15 mil
      Sakho - 15 mil
      Migs - 7 mil

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #19: Dec 17, 2014 11:12:59 am
      We won't have a clear out before the Summer and even then I think it'll be fringe players such as Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Assaidi, Coates, Wisdom and Lucas. Balotelli's future is dependent upon how well he forms a partnership with Sturridge. It's unfair to judge him on his record as a loan striker, even if Skrtel did better. Similarly, I don't think we'll sign anyone in Jan beyond a Goal Keeper who may be a loan signing to tide us over until the Summer.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #20: Dec 17, 2014 11:24:19 am
      oy look here,sell balo,allen and lovren and use that money to buy a decent in form striker and a decent defender
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #21: Dec 17, 2014 11:32:15 am
      I'd like to see the following players leave the club on the basis that they are not good enough:

Aspas
      Borini
      Lambert
      Allen
      Alberto
      Coates
      Enrique
      Jones

If we're looking to bring in funds for new players, there's an argument to be made that we could bring in improvements at similar prices to:

Balo - 12 mil
      Henderson - 15 mil
      Sakho - 15 mil
      Migs - 7 mil

F**k sake lets just sell the whole squad! Jesus get a grip people!

We need a new Gk competition for Mignolet, a new RB to replace Johnson, a new midfielder better than Allen and one or two new strikers to replace Borini and Balotelli. That's it.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #22: Dec 17, 2014 11:36:57 am

Aspas. Awful. 2 mill.

Suso. Ditto. 2 mill.

Allen. Ditto. 5 mill.

Mick you've done a total hatchet job... even little Philip hasnt escsaped your executioners axe  >:D

Quick Reply