Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Players Out

Read 10722 times
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Re: Players Out
      Reply #23: Dec 17, 2014 11:42:51 am
      F**k sake lets just sell the whole squad! Jesus get a grip people!

We need a new Gk competition for Mignolet, a new RB to replace Johnson, a new midfielder better than Allen and one or two new strikers to replace Borini and Balotelli. That's it.
      Uhm...the only player on that list who is getting regular game time is Joe Allen. I'm not saying we definitely should sell the players in the 2nd part of my post, just that I believe that we could possibly get upgrades on them for similar value.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #24: Dec 17, 2014 12:25:16 pm
      Uhm...the only player on that list who is getting regular game time is Joe Allen. I'm not saying we definitely should sell the players in the 2nd part of my post, just that I believe that we could possibly get upgrades on them for similar value.

The first list are all squad players apart from Allen who should be a squad player so they aren't really the issue. The issue is we need at least two new strikers, a new goalkeeper, a new midfielder and a new right back to replace first team players. Henderson and Sakho are not part of the issue they are both very good players they do not need replacing and we would not sign better players for the values you have given.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #25: Dec 17, 2014 01:05:43 pm
      I cant believe there are people ready to show Henderson the door...
      Like calling my initial post the 'ultimate knee jerk'? That's a bit of an overreaction

Well, here's another for you; Henderson is, has been, and always will be total gash. He's an average player who gets good games now and then for whoever he plays for. He had one good season last time out, in a season where everyone raised their game.
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2014 02:55:54 pm by Rush »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #26: Dec 17, 2014 01:18:20 pm
      Wonder how many teams Henderson would get into who we see as our competitors.

Fabregas & Matic > Henderson
      Yaya & Fernandinho > Henderson
      Ramsey & Wilshere > Henderson

Herrera & Blind - Henderson ?
      Dembele & Paulinho - Henderson ?

Might get a game for UTD and Spurs because their midfields are sh*te but Henderson would be a bench warmer at City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Ideally he is a squad player who we should be looking to improve on. I wouldn't sell him though.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #27: Dec 17, 2014 01:22:15 pm
      Let's get some quality in and we might just have the luxury of debating who should go.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #28: Dec 17, 2014 01:36:13 pm
      Like calling my initial post the 'ultimate knee jerk' (ultimate overreaction)?

Well, here's another for you; Henderson is, has been, and always will be total gash. He's an average player who gets good games now and then for whoever he plays for. He had one good season last time out, in a season where everyone raised their game.

you dont captain youre country at any level if you are a bad player... he is a good player who is not alone in that his confidence is shot...

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29: Dec 17, 2014 01:40:08 pm
      you dont captain youre country at any level if you are a bad player... he is a good player who is not alone in that his confidence is shot...

Very much a confidence player at the moment.
      The excuse for Gerrard not performing is that he has no movement in front of him, but the same apparently doesn't apply to Henderson, who contrary to popular belief does have a good range of passing.
      I don't suppose it helps that he is being asked to play in different positions which take different skillsets.
      One match he's next to Lucas, then he's playing as AM, then he's stuck on the right, then he's a wingback.
      This is not the way to bring back a players confidence.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #30: Dec 17, 2014 01:45:35 pm
      Very much a confidence player at the moment.
      The excuse for Gerrard not performing is that he has no movement in front of him, but the same apparently doesn't apply to Henderson, who contrary to popular belief does have a good range of passing.
      I don't suppose it helps that he is being asked to play in different positions which take different skillsets.
      One match he's next to Lucas, then he's playing as AM, then he's stuck on the right, then he's a wingback.
      This is not the way to bring back a players confidence.

bang on Swab!  it also shows how good he is that he is being asked to play anywhere and everywhere...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #31: Dec 17, 2014 01:54:21 pm
      No point doing a major squad overhaul in January in my opinion.

I'm as far as it gets from being a Balotelli fan but even him could work out much better alongside Sturridge and actually contribute to the team this season - in the summer, though, I would certainly look to sell him.

That shouldn't stop us from being able to spend on some much needed additions, and I understand we could raise funds with the sale of some players, but don't see the point of getting rid of too many players mid-season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32: Dec 17, 2014 02:01:38 pm
      One big name striker who fits the first XI changes everything. Theres no focal point to our attack and its a lot of passing around without much thought.

Last season it was obvious. We had players who knew we had a Suarez or a Sturridge and the aim of the game was to get it to them. Now we have a Balotelli, Lambert or Sterling. When we do get it to them not much happens.

If anyone is available, or if we have to splash out big on someone to convince them to sign for us, then do it. We've spent money, a lot of money, so i don't see why we won't again should the right player be out there.

Someone with pace, creativity and movement. NOT Bony. He's anti-Liverpool like Mario. He just doesn't fit in to a Brendan style team. I think this kind of player will lift everyone else and get us out of the mess we're in.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #33: Dec 17, 2014 02:10:00 pm
      - Borini, Johnson and Suso I guess are the most obvious ones

- Might as well sell Enrique provided Flano is back to full fitness and we get another RB in (say Montaya or Sciglio)

- Would really consider selling Balotelli if we can land a versatile frontman like Lacazette or Son Heung-min
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #34: Dec 17, 2014 02:17:52 pm
      I would get rid off.
      Johnson
      Enrique
      Allen
      Balotelli
      Borini
      Assaidi
      Lovren
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #35: Dec 17, 2014 02:19:46 pm
      All bar Moreno, Sakho, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli, Markovic and Can.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #36: Dec 17, 2014 02:23:27 pm
      All bar Moreno, Sakho, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli, Markovic and Can.

is that a typo?

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #37: Dec 17, 2014 02:35:27 pm
      Wonder how many teams Henderson would get into who we see as our competitors.

Fabregas & Matic > Henderson
      Yaya & Fernandinho > Henderson
      Ramsey & Wilshere > Henderson

Herrera & Blind - Henderson ?
      Dembele & Paulinho - Henderson ?

Might get a game for UTD and Spurs because their midfields are sh*te but Henderson would be a bench warmer at City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Ideally he is a squad player who we should be looking to improve on. I wouldn't sell him though.

What a stupid post. Toure, Fernandinho and Fabregas cost twice the price of Hendo on about four times the salary and are seasoned professionals in their prime. Hendo is only 24 FFS. And I still rate Hendo higher than Fernandinho. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38: Dec 17, 2014 02:38:21 pm

Must be. Surely it should be Sturridge and not Flopotelli.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39: Dec 17, 2014 02:39:49 pm
      I would get rid off.
      Johnson
      Enrique
      Allen
      Balotelli
      Borini
      Assaidi
      Lovren

I'd keep Enrique he's decent when fit. Rest can go.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #40: Dec 17, 2014 02:42:20 pm
      Must be. Surely it should be Sturridge and not Flopotelli.

Sturridge ???? ???
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: Dec 17, 2014 02:42:25 pm
      I'd keep Enrique he's decent when fit. Rest can go.

Think he is a bit injury prone now but good enough when fit enough for sure he is a tank
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #42: Dec 17, 2014 02:57:04 pm
      Cool. We'll disagree then and move on.

There's no ultimate knee jerk reaction by either side though.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #43: Dec 17, 2014 03:00:00 pm
      bang on Swab!  it also shows how good he is that he is being asked to play anywhere and everywhere...
      It doesn't show how good he is though. It just shows he's being asked to play anywhere and everywhere by the manager. Nothing more nothing less. Perhaps if he was any good at one particular position (like Lucas as DM), then perhaps the manager would stop trying to accommodate him all over the park.

I'm not disputing Henderson has played well for us (for last season at least), I'm just saying he's an average player who at best has a good game now and then. Too many false dawns and too much inconsistency over the last few seasons prevents me believing anything else

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44: Dec 17, 2014 03:05:35 pm
      In January I'd only move Borini on. We're not going to realistically sign more than a couple of players so there's no point weakening the squad unless some ridiculous offers come in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #45: Dec 17, 2014 03:07:00 pm

Think you misread my post mate. Sturridge should be on his list of players we keep not Balotelli.

Quick Reply