Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Players Out

Read 10848 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Players Out
      Reply #46: Dec 17, 2014 03:07:13 pm
      What a stupid post. Toure, Fernandinho and Fabregas cost twice the price of Hendo on about four times the salary and are seasoned professionals in their prime. Hendo is only 24 FFS. And I still rate Hendo higher than Fernandinho.
      So let's get this straight, you're saying that Henderson isn't as good as Fernandinho and Fabregas because they cost twice the price of Hendo and are on four times the salary and seasoned professionals?

Well that's a strawman argument if ever I saw one.

Don't forget Gerrard was a beast at the age of 19 and cost us nothing. Sorry, but if the best you can come up with is Hendo costs less and is only 24 (24 mind you) in an attempt to defend why Hendo isn't as good a player as those you mentioned, then might I suggest you have no defence at all.

Salary and age do not nor never have guaranteed the ability of a player will be brilliant. Ability has.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #47: Dec 17, 2014 03:11:49 pm
      In January I'd only move Borini on. We're not going to realistically sign more than a couple of players so there's no point weakening the squad unless some ridiculous offers come in.

Hope Borini tells them to F**k off if they try and push him out again in January. It's a disgrace how he's being treated. The lad played against Madrid and gave his all only to be fu**ed off again in favour of rubbish Balotelli and old man Lambert. Rodgers had screwed him over royally. Will be interesting to hear Borini's slant on what went on if/when he leaves.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #48: Dec 17, 2014 03:20:34 pm
      So let's get this straight, you're saying that Henderson isn't as good as Fernandinho and Fabregas because they cost twice the price of Hendo and are on four times the salary and seasoned professionals?

Well that's a strawman argument if ever I saw one.

Don't forget Gerrard was a beast at the age of 19 and cost us nothing. Sorry, but if the best you can come up with is Hendo costs less and is only 24 (24 mind you) in an attempt to defend why Hendo isn't as good a player as those you mentioned, then might I suggest you have no defence at all.

Salary and age do not nor never have guaranteed the ability of a player will be brilliant. Ability has.

You're not getting my point. I rate Hendo higher than Fernandinho NOW. He isn't world class but very good and more than good enough to earn his place in the Liverpool team IMO. In four or five years who knows how good he can become he has the ability to get better. It's easy to pick the world class player from teams stronger than us and compare. It's also obvious that IF we could afford world class players like Yaya Toure and Cesc Fabregas and IF they wanted to join us they would be playing in the team ahead of Hendo. But we can't so we play with as good as we have which is Hendo.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #49: Dec 17, 2014 03:29:09 pm
      You're not getting my point. I rate Hendo higher than Fernandinho NOW. He isn't world class but very good and more than good enough to earn his place in the Liverpool team IMO. In four or five years who knows how good he can become he has the ability to get better. It's easy to pick the world class player from teams stronger than us and compare. It's also obvious that IF we could afford world class players like Yaya Toure and Cesc Fabregas and IF they wanted to join us they would be playing in the team ahead of Hendo. But we can't so we play with as good as we have which is Hendo.
      Ok. Fair enough. But then why can't we apply the same logic to a Borini (22) or Allen (i.e. just give him until he's 24)? <-- Edit (meant 'give him another 4 years')

In fact, no, I agree with you that Hendo 'might' be world class in four years time. But right now, he's a below average player for me. Whether he's better than Fernandinho right now I don't know, I've not seen the City player that much; but I'm going to assume by what little I have seen of him and by how much I have seen of Hendo, that you're wrong.
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2014 03:59:24 pm by Rush »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #50: Dec 17, 2014 03:38:54 pm
      Ok. Fair enough. But then why can't we apply the same logic to a Borni (22) or Allen (i.e. just give him until he's 24)?

In fact, no, I agree with you that Hendo 'might' be world class in four years time. But right now, he's a below average player for me. Whether he's better than Fernandinho right now I don't know, I've not seen the City player that much; but I'm going to assume by what little I have seen of him and by how much I have seen of Hendo, that you're wrong.

Borini is 23 and Allen is older than Hendo. Borini hasn't had a chance at this club really so hard to know what he's worth is to the squad. Allen has had plenty of chances and hasn't delivered near what Hendo has. Both cost around the same but Allen has not earned his place in the first team the way Hendo has. Therefore Allen should be dropped/sold before Hendo.

I have watched Fernandinho play a few times and I don't rate him as highly as Hendo. So if he is starting for a PL winning side then Hendo is good enough to play for us.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #51: Dec 17, 2014 04:06:57 pm
      People saying "sell Jones." To whom? Ain't nobody gonna give us money for him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #52: Dec 17, 2014 04:09:32 pm

Can we not give him to charity it is Christmas.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Dec 17, 2014 05:44:02 pm
      I'd keep it simple. Focus on main issues. Likely won't do much, so what we do needs to be surgical.

Out:
      Borini - 12mill
      Balotelli - 12mill
      Jones - 2mill

In:
      2 strikers
      1 keeper

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #54: Dec 17, 2014 05:44:57 pm

Someone was going to pay us 14mill for Borini.
      There are people out there.
      And there's ebay...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #55: Dec 17, 2014 06:24:06 pm
      Sell:

Jones
      Johnson, Skrtel, Coates, Manquillo
      Allen, Lucas, Alberto, Coutinho, Assaidi
      Balotelli, Lambert, Aspas & Lallana.

Buy:

New #1, Left Back, Defensive mid & Forward.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #56: Dec 17, 2014 07:12:22 pm

no, i really think he's going to turn into a great player for us, and Sturridge if we get 30 mil pounds for him we should sell him only because of his injury record, if we manage to keep him injury free, he should stay, but i fear the frequency of injuries will take out his pace and quick feet, the same happened with many injury proned players (pato, torres, owen, even van persie, cisse, etc.)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #57: Dec 17, 2014 07:46:38 pm

Off your nut lid.

Reckon West Ham would, they did take Joe Cole, Downing and Carroll off us in a short space of time don't forget.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #58: Dec 17, 2014 10:26:37 pm

I'm telling you, Teixeira will turn 22 in January, and with a season's experience under his belt, I think we should take a gamble (like how we did with Coutinho when he joined us). I actually think Teixeira is a better player than Coutinho, his passing and control are really exceptional, but his movement & decision making is what stands out for me. He just needs Prem games :)

Sterling #10 with Teixeira fighting for that spot or play our new forward (Firmino :D) in that position. Gerrard or Ibe if needed too :D

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #59: Dec 17, 2014 10:37:47 pm
      I'm telling you, Teixeira will turn 22 in January, and with a season's experience under his belt, I think we should take a gamble (like how we did with Coutinho when he joined us). I actually think Teixeira is a better player than Coutinho, his passing and control are really exceptional, but his movement & decision making is what stands out for me. He just needs Prem games :)

Why not have them both?....

Wait dumb question for this club nowadays, heaven forbid have a few good players for each position
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #60: Dec 17, 2014 10:45:19 pm
      Why not have them both?....

Wait dumb question for this club nowadays, heaven forbid have a few good players for each position

4-5 players able to play that #10 role , that's way more than enough. I would rather we replace Coutinho and buy a strong player in a different position. However, if Sterling does F**k off to a big club, Coutinho would be the temporary #10... until Teixeira displaces him :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #61: Dec 17, 2014 10:51:14 pm
      4-5 players able to play that #10 role , that's way more than enough. I would rather we replace Coutinho and buy a strong player in a different position. However, if Sterling does f**k off to a big club, Coutinho would be the temporary #10... until Teixeira displaces him :D

What has Coutinho actually done wrong for you to deem him not good enough?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #62: Dec 17, 2014 10:58:28 pm
      What has Coutinho actually done wrong for you to deem him not good enough?

I absolutely love Coutinho, I think he's very good, but I feel Sterling is the better #10 and I would love us to take a gamble on Teixeira whom I think is a better footballer. Also, If we do buy a Suarez type player (capable of playing anywhere in attack), where would that leave Coutinho? left wide forward? Midfield? Wouldn't it be wiser to replace him with an actual midfielder or left sided forward?

I honestly think we'll be stronger if we replace Coutinho with a proper left sided attacker or midfielder. Nothing against Coutinho, It's just personal preference and what I feel would be more beneficial to us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #63: Dec 17, 2014 11:03:38 pm
      I absolutely love Coutinho, I think he's very good, but I feel Sterling is the better #10 and I would love us to take a gamble on Teixeira whom I think is a better footballer. Also, If we do buy a Suarez type player (capable of playing anywhere in attack), where would that leave Coutinho? left wide forward? Midfield? Wouldn't it be wiser to replace him with an actual midfielder or left sided forward?

I honestly think we'll be stronger if we replace Coutinho with a proper left sided attacker or midfielder. Nothing against Coutinho, It's just personal preference and what I feel would be more beneficial to us.

What's wrong with having a squad where we have competition for each position, that's what most top teams have.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #64: Dec 17, 2014 11:08:42 pm
      What's wrong with having a squad full of a couple of players who can play in a particular position. That's what most big teams do.

You have to remember, I would want Coutinho to be replaced with a exceptional midfielder or something else. Our #10 position would still be filled out with a couple of exceptional players (Sterling and preferably Firmino) with Teixeira lurking.

This way, Teixeira can progress as a player and possibly reach his potential with us.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #65: Dec 17, 2014 11:08:56 pm
      I would sell:

Brad Jones
      Simon Mignolet
      Glen Johnson
      Martin Skrtel
      Joe Allen
      Mario Balotelli

We need to do what Houiller did and bring in two new keepers. One experienced and one youngster.

We need to shore up our defence and the only way we can do that is to solve the problems that currently exist (Johnson and Skrtel).

We also need a striker who knows how to find the back of the net. We don't need to spend billions on a world class striker, we just need our scouts to pull there finger out and point the manager in the right direction.

Sell these players and replace them with keepers and a decent striker and we will see an improvement.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #66: Dec 18, 2014 02:21:19 am
      I was just thinking who I'd sell in January. No anger, no bias, I tried to do this with a level head and an objective perspective. I didn't bother all that much with players coming in; it was more an exercise to see who I thought needed to move on.

Mignolet (I'd rather keep Jones as backup and bring in a new 1st choice keeper (Ochoa?)
      ----
      Johnson (I'd rather start with Manquillo/Flannagan)
      Lovren (rather start with Sakho and have Toure/Coates as backup)
      ----
      Allen (I'd rather play Lucas)
      Henderson (Can's turn for me)
      ----
      Lambert
      Borini
      Balotelli (tough decision but reckoned with funds we'd get a better striker)

So 75% of our strike force gone
      Undecided with Gerrard but decided to keep him then sell/release him at season's end
      Undecided about Moreno but reckoned he just needs more time

Are we really in this dire a situation? Sterling, Couts, Studge, Lallana, Markovic, and Can, I don't see much hope for us in the future.

Nice of you to decided on keeping Gerrard. I'm sure he'll be just as pleased as I am.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #67: Dec 18, 2014 02:24:11 am
      I would sell:

Brad Jones
      Simon Mignolet
      Glen Johnson
      Martin Skrtel
      Joe Allen
      Mario Balotelli

We need to do what Houiller did and bring in two new keepers. One experienced and one youngster.

We need to shore up our defence and the only way we can do that is to solve the problems that currently exist (Johnson and Skrtel).

We also need a striker who knows how to find the back of the net. We don't need to spend billions on a world class striker, we just need our scouts to pull there finger out and point the manager in the right direction.

Sell these players and replace them with keepers and a decent striker and we will see an improvement.

I actually wouldn't mind that list.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #68: Dec 18, 2014 03:43:16 am
      • Sktrel
        Borini
        Brad Jones
        Aspas
        Alberto