Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Fabian Delph (Aston Villa)

Read 14209 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Fabian Delph (Aston Villa)
      Reply #23: Dec 21, 2014 01:43:24 pm
      l rate him, he lot better then allen and henderson, and allen sh*t, people say that he not good enough for us, but we still lot sh*t players in our club, and l would have in our club he better then what we have
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #24: Dec 21, 2014 01:51:11 pm
      I'd take Delph over the likes of Allen and Henderson any day of the week.

But, as has been mentioned, there are probably better CM's out there and we should be looking to bring in top quality.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #25: Dec 21, 2014 01:51:27 pm
      l rate him, he lot better then allen and henderson, and allen sh*t, people say that he not good enough for us, but we still lot sh*t players in our club, and l would have in our club he better then what we have

I will guatentee you that if we signed him within a year he will be in your sh*te list

That's the issue with knee jerk everything is black or white fans like you lad

I also guatentee you that the likes of Allen and Henderson ( who is better than Delph) would look far better in a Villa side than fans like you deem they look bad in ours..

The expectation and pressure is far greater here than there

Look at F***ing Downing at West Ham this year
      Had he not had the spell at our place and had been Villa's player of the year and now likely West Hams, people like you would be saying he would be better than whoever here..

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #26: Dec 21, 2014 02:39:07 pm
      I will guatentee you that if we signed him within a year he will be in your sh*te list

I also guatentee you that the likes of Allen and Henderson ( who is better than Delph) would look far better in a Villa side than fans like you deem they look bad in ours..

Had he not had the spell at our place and had been Villa's player of the year and now likely West Hams, people like you would be saying he would be better than whoever here..

Whether he's better or worse than Allen or Downing is a moot point anyway. The question is, is he good enough to allow us to compete with City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal in the league, Real, Bayern, hell, even Basel in Europe? The answer is very much no. He might improve our squad but not enough to make wasting money on him worth it and signing him will show our committee has learned nothing from this Summer's debacle.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #27: Dec 21, 2014 02:50:34 pm
      Whether he's better or worse than Allen or Downing is a moot point anyway. The question is, is he good enough to allow us to compete with City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal in the league, Real, Bayern, hell, even Basel in Europe? The answer is very much no. He might improve our squad but not enough to make wasting money on him worth it and signing him will show our committee has learned nothing from this Summer's debacle.

That wasn't the point I was making mate, I was saying that it's easier for the likes of Downing, Allen and Delph to stand out in a lower side than ours with the pressure of playing for the club and the expectation

Regarding is he good enough to get us competing with City, Chelsea etc... I've made my opinion on that known

No he isn't
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Dec 21, 2014 06:36:08 pm
      Honestly I'd rather spend the money on buying Ayre a new Harley and sending him out on the piss with Stan Collymore and that's saying something.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29: Dec 21, 2014 07:00:37 pm
      Honestly I'd rather spend the money on buying Ayre a new Harley...
      I've been think about this Blud and all I can think of is: Brendan has passed on a message that the Tea-Lady needed new Delft for the canteen and Ayre has misheard him.  :o

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #30: Dec 21, 2014 10:57:16 pm

I've only seen him the once really, so perhaps am inclined to agree with the consensus on here but when I did see him at Anfield last season, him and his mates ran the midfield. He looked a really good player to me on that one occasion and gave Gerrard & co a torrid time. But like I said, the general consensus seems to be that he won't be much of an improvement on what we already have.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #31: Dec 21, 2014 11:31:17 pm
      F**k this.

We want to compare ourselves with the best. Imagine 4ft Delph as a DM vs Yaya Toure. No thanks.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #32: Dec 22, 2014 11:19:45 am
      He is basically Henderson with some skills on the ball. I don't have any problem if we are replacing Hendo/Allen with Delph and bringing a boss CM. But we all know that will not be the case. So!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Dec 22, 2014 11:42:06 am
      And yes, I think Cabella is better than Lallana.  have you actually seen Cabella play?  he's a very good player.  At the very least, if you put Cabella into our XI, he wouldn't do any WORSE than Lallana.  Again that's no dig at Lallana necessarily, as I don't think he's been terrible.  but yes I think Cabella is better.  Would've cost a quarter of Lallana's fee at that.

And Cabella, on the other hand, has set the league apart. Was immense the other day warming the bench for Ameobi.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #34: Dec 22, 2014 09:10:17 pm
      Another one we don't need.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #35: Dec 23, 2014 09:48:18 pm
      Why why why?

A player that no one else has been linked with but we are???

Hope this is bollox
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2015 02:54:37 pm
      Liverpool readying £7.5million January bid for Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard's replacement
      Aston Villa are preparing to fight off a £7.5million bid from Liverpool to make Fabian Delph the successor to Steven Gerrard.

Boss Brendan Rodgers had accepted that Villa’s determination not to sell their midfield driving force in January would mean he’d have to wait until the summer.

But Villa chiefs believe Gerrard’s decision to move to America has changed the picture and a bid could now come in the next two weeks.

And with Inter Milan stepping up their efforts to sign Lucas from Anfield in this window, it gives them extra impetus to grab Delph now.

Liverpool see the tough-tackling and highly mobile 25-year-old, who has forced his way into Roy Hodgson’s England team, as a natural replacement for Gerrard.

While their original plan was to get him in the summer for free when his current Villa contract runs out, they now want remove any risk of missing out by getting the deal done.

Spurs are also keen to land the former Leeds star.

Signing Delph this month would make him available for Liverpool’s Europa League tie against Besiktas.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-readying-75million-january-bid-4954769#rlabs=3

It's the Mirror so take it for what it's worth. But God is "Steven Gerrard replacement" a depressing phrase! :laugh:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2015 02:58:41 pm
      If this happens, I can see this being the Lucas replacement when he's sold for 7m to inter, lmao. What a joke.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2015 09:01:11 pm
      No F***ing way. Someone needs to be given the sack if thos goes through.

If this happens, I can see this being the Lucas replacement when he's sold for 7m to inter, lmao. What a joke.

Unfortunately I think you're right.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2015 09:11:26 pm
      Haven't seen enough of him to make a full judgement on him but after watching Villa quite a few times and him not being memorable in any of them pretty much sums up what I think.

We need players that stand out for all the right reasons, now more than ever and I have zero faith that Delph is one of those players.

Just another to add to the ordinary shelf, which at the moment is looking alarmingly full.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #40: Jan 11, 2015 09:16:34 pm
      Here is a compilation video which painstakingly researched (I typed in delph youtube, but same thing). Its quite clear what you are getting from a player when most of the video is made up of tackles. Could see him adding muscle to a midfield - but if its a Lucas vs Delph thing, Lucas wins every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGDQ_ZoZEQ
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #41: Jan 11, 2015 10:30:05 pm
      Here is a compilation video which painstakingly researched (I typed in delph youtube, but same thing). Its quite clear what you are getting from a player when most of the video is made up of tackles. Could see him adding muscle to a midfield - but if its a Lucas vs Delph thing, Lucas wins every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGDQ_ZoZEQ

;D stopped watching after 1:06 was considered a highlight :D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2015 11:05:57 pm
      ;D stopped watching after 1:06 was considered a highlight :D

Mate, that 5 yard pass was world class.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #43: Jan 12, 2015 12:03:46 am
      Please God no!
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #44: Jan 12, 2015 12:28:47 am
      Think we should take heed of the last time we took a 'star English player' from Aston Villa.

That......was......a.... .f**king......disaster.

And £80,000 a week he was on - every backpass he made in one weekend was worth a pound I suspect? Cheeky f**ker.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Jan 12, 2015 11:35:57 pm
      Seeing Fabian Delph touted as a Steven Gerrard replacement;

Quick Reply