Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Danny Ward (Liverpool > Leicester)

Read 66867 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Danny Ward Player Thread
      Reply #92: Jan 12, 2016 10:42:20 am
      IMO if a player is good, he is good , being younger does not mean you are not good enough, not enough experience might be  , but you can get that by playing, if you are 29/30 and not played enough , you don't have that experience either
       there are some  good and young keepers, Butland, Cortious, De.gea are some  very good examples.
         We have 2 keepers who do not make the penalty area their own,  and have awful delivery when with the ball ,
          yes I would give a chance to ward in cup games, and maybe in the near future he will  take simon's place 
         we have another good keeper on loan, Lawrence Vigouroux

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #93: Jan 12, 2016 11:54:26 am
      Just been having a read on the Aberdeen forums - some mixed thoughts on him.

As good as Ward has been it's always irritated me that he consistently parries the ball straight into the path of the opposition strikers, it's cost us numerous goals this season already including in two crucial games at least.

Ha ha.  Who does that remind you of!

Whilst it's obviously disappointing to lose the first competent keeper we've had in a generation I can't help but see it from a grown up point of view.

We loaned Rodgers to Falkirk and by all accounts he's been doing ok. Not setting the heather alight but doing ok.

Liverpool loaned Ward to us and he quickly become a fan favourite and been one of (if not the) stand out players for us this season.

Mind you it is Scottish football.  It's a hard league to really judge quality.  I would have thought the likes of Aberdeen would struggle in the Championship.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #94: Jan 12, 2016 08:29:43 pm
      Saw some rumors that Mignolet is injured

Let me guess....ummmmm Hamstring?
      andymac99
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #95: Jan 13, 2016 01:27:49 pm
      As an Aberdeen fan I thought I'd register and give you some Danny Ward feedback.  Quite simply best keeper we've had since Jim Leighton.  He has played behind a bloody shaky defence all season and has saved us numerous times.  A brilliant shot stopper, commanding and safe in the air, quick out of his box to play sweeper and his distribution is just about as good as it gets.  Is he ready to start for Liverpool - I would have to say he is - he has gone to a full Celtic Park and was not at fault as our defence switched off.  He seems to be pretty nerveless. I really don't know how good Mignolet is but if he is better than Ward then he must be some keeper.

...and please don't give this 'it's only Scottish football' nonsense.  I have watched football all over the world for 40 years and Scottish football is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. 

Hopefully Danny get's his chance....good luck for the season.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #96: Jan 13, 2016 10:50:36 pm
      As an Aberdeen fan I thought I'd register and give you some Danny Ward feedback.  Quite simply best keeper we've had since Jim Leighton.  He has played behind a bloody shaky defence all season and has saved us numerous times.  A brilliant shot stopper, commanding and safe in the air, quick out of his box to play sweeper and his distribution is just about as good as it gets.  Is he ready to start for Liverpool - I would have to say he is - he has gone to a full Celtic Park and was not at fault as our defence switched off.  He seems to be pretty nerveless. I really don't know how good Mignolet is but if he is better than Ward then he must be some keeper.

...and please don't give this 'it's only Scottish football' nonsense.  I have watched football all over the world for 40 years and Scottish football is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. 

Hopefully Danny get's his chance....good luck for the season.

Good bit of insight! Hope he can push migs out of the team! As a keeper myself I'd love to see a young British keeper make it for Liverpool!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #97: Jan 14, 2016 08:05:18 am
      Deserves a chance through process of elimination of our dirt keepers. On top of that my all accounts he's doing well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #98: Feb 06, 2016 08:54:35 pm
      What was the point in recalling him if he is never going to get a chance despite Mignolet regularly showing he is probably the worst keeper in the PL.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #99: Feb 06, 2016 09:12:26 pm
      Surely he will get a chance now ......ffs
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #100: Feb 06, 2016 09:14:11 pm
      Surely he will get a chance now ......ffs

Unless Jürgen is the worlds most stubborn German he has to.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #101: Feb 06, 2016 09:33:52 pm
      Poor form recalling this lad. He was doing well at Aberdeen, possibly could have won a championship. Instead he's recalled to be understudy to a complete fuckwit of a keeper
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #102: Feb 07, 2016 12:04:18 am
      Deserves a chance through process of elimination of our dirt keepers. On top of that my all accounts he's doing well.

By all accounts yes - the LFC financial accounts, because Mignolets on a relatively low wage and that's all that matters to those fuckwits across the Atlantic.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #103: Feb 07, 2016 12:25:13 am
      By all accounts yes - the LFC financial accounts, because Mignolets on a relatively low wage and that's all that matters to those fuckwits across the Atlantic.

Yup 60k a week is peanuts, I'm surprised he is not seeking working tax credit

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #104: Feb 07, 2016 02:51:03 pm
      Yup 60k a week is peanuts, I'm surprised he is not seeking working tax credit
      Is that sarcasm? I think I might have got it right this time.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #105: Feb 08, 2016 02:03:33 am
      I know the term this player can't do any worse than so and so player is very often used on forums and most of the time is wrong.  But surely Ward can't do worse than Mignolet.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #106: Feb 08, 2016 06:28:16 am
      Obviously Jürgen the patience of a saint, but he must see the harm Migs is doing to his own reputation, people all over the world will look at the league table, see where we are, and judge him on that rather than the reasons for the poor position.
      As many have said, surely playing a hungry Ward is a no brainer, Mugs isn't going to get any better, Ward possibly could.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #107: Feb 08, 2016 02:00:21 pm
      Really hope he gets a chance tomorrow evening.
      We all know Managers have blind spots but FFS Jürgen how many clangers does Migs need to drop.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #108: Feb 08, 2016 02:21:26 pm
      what happens to the lad if he has a nightmare that will be another goalkeeper with little or no confidence. Its such an important game for the lad to be thrown into.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #109: Feb 08, 2016 03:06:36 pm
      what happens to the lad if he has a nightmare that will be another goalkeeper with little or no confidence. Its such an important game for the lad to be thrown into.

What if he plays a blinder?

He's played in big, important games before and is brimming with confidence, no reason he can't handle it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #110: Feb 08, 2016 03:09:13 pm

Flanagan made his debut against Man City at Anfield, right? It's not always the case, but sometimes youth players can gain extra confidence precisely by trusting them in an important match.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #111: Feb 08, 2016 03:10:12 pm

If he has a nightmare then it's nothing more than we are expecting from Migs
      Give him a chance to show the form he was showing for Aberdeen.

Otherwise why have we denied him the chance to be part of a race to win a championship.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #112: Feb 08, 2016 04:10:45 pm
      Flanagan made his debut against Man City at Anfield, right? It's not always the case, but sometimes youth players can gain extra confidence precisely by trusting them in an important match.

Jack Robinson also made his debut against Arsenal at the Emirates and had Walcott in his back pocket for a large part of the game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #113: Feb 08, 2016 04:22:35 pm
      Give the kid a chance, can he be worse than Migs at this point?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #114: Feb 08, 2016 04:38:35 pm
      Let me guess....ummmmm Hamstring?

bad back from picking the ball out the net. I cant think of a reason not to play him its just such a huge ask for the lad. Out field players can have a mare and get away with it but Goalkeepers they get away with nothing.

Quick Reply