Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

What about Defence?

Read 8171 times
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Re: What about Defence?
      Reply #46: Jul 09, 2015 10:56:58 am

If anyone should be on borrowed time it should be Joe Allen not Lucas, people say he's reliable yeah a reliable 6 out of ten performer never more never less if we want to move forward as a club it's his squad place that should be taken by hopefully which ever new centre midfield comes in.
      For me Lucas does a designated job when he's on the pitch braking things up which he is decent at, I'm sure Joe Allen is a nice guy and all that but just doesn't cut it for me.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #47: Jul 09, 2015 11:42:41 am
      If anyone should be on borrowed time it should be Joe Allen not Lucas, people say he's reliable yeah a reliable 6 out of ten performer never more never less if we want to move forward as a club it's his squad place that should be taken by hopefully which ever new centre midfield comes in.
      For me Lucas does a designated job when he's on the pitch braking things up which he is decent at, I'm sure Joe Allen is a nice guy and all that but just doesn't cut it for me.
      i think both allen and lucas should go and we bring in Texeria and other talents from u21s, in the mean time trust Can,lallana, milner, hendo who can all play in central mid with coutiho and firmino as your attacking two mids. thats plenty
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #48: Jul 10, 2015 10:42:40 am
      I think the addition of Clyne is going to improve our D. He may be the best signing this summer.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #49: Jul 10, 2015 01:42:18 pm
      Sakho has to be no1 CB this season he's our best CB the next issue is i dont think Skrtel or Lovren are good enough. Skrtel has been at the club along time and was passed over as Capt as he's not a leader and he should be. Lovren i hope just had a bad season and can come good but with Ilori breathing down his neck I think his season will continue were it left off.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #50: Jul 11, 2015 08:42:35 am
      If only we could pair Sakho with Otamendi :(
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #51: Jul 16, 2015 12:53:25 am
      I hope  our defence wil improve  this season. We  are stil struggling to get the best  partnership in our CD  .Maybe with the new additions BR  will get it right this time.
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015 01:05:38 am by FRANS »
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #52: Jul 16, 2015 01:23:58 am
      I've got a terrible feeling Skrtel is going to be a massive liability for us this year. It's up to Sakho to lead the line this year - by far and away our best defender.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #53: Jul 16, 2015 10:42:50 am
      We need to keep Lucas as back for a top class DM, my choice would be raping Barcelona for Busquets,

I think he could be tempted by regular action in the best league on the planet,

Offer the Catalans around £18m and they'll snap yer hands off, that leaves £31m of the Sterling Sterling to go get  Lacazette, having those two will imo get us at least top 4, and you never know if it all clicks together another serious assault for no 19.

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #54: Jul 16, 2015 10:46:40 am
      What about it. Two new signings.
      Wisdom and Ilori back from their loan deals.

Sorted.

Now go and get a Striker and clear out the ones that haven't worked.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #55: Jul 18, 2015 10:42:11 pm
      Our defence is still terrible. It will always be terrible under Rodgers, cos he has no defensive nous whatsosver.

The fact that we have not replaced Mignolet is ludicrous ( IMO) .

We are about to have one of the the worst starts to a season in our history, and many will be screaming for Rodgers head after 5 games.

It is once again amatuer night at Anfield. Rodgers has bought in a scattergun fashion again.

Instead of buying a strong spine to the team, Goalkeeper, Centrehalf, Midfielder  and striker . He has once again ignored the defence. Clyne does not add defensive solidity to our  team. He adds another scatterbrained addition to our non stratagy attack, whilst leaving our defence open.

Get ready for a first day calamity away to Stoke.  As soon as i saw our pre - season games , it sent sent a shiver up my spine.  It is a stage managed exercise in self delusion of the team. A big, soft , cozy  run of games ,  to stem any negative press away from the manager and team . Then , with a mighty slap in the face, we go to Stoke.
      Remember, this is the same defence, with the same defensive coaching behind it .

Here we go again.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #56: Jul 18, 2015 11:58:34 pm
      Need cover at LB and CB moreno not good enough and not sure Gomez ready just yet for a full season. Ideally a top notch CB also   as some have mentioned Both Sakho and Skyrtl still error prone and back up Lovren and Toure hardly fills me with confidence .
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #57: Jul 19, 2015 03:11:30 am
      Our defence is still terrible. It will always be terrible under Rodgers, cos he has no defensive nous whatsosver.

The fact that we have not replaced Mignolet is ludicrous ( IMO) .

We are about to have one of the the worst starts to a season in our history, and many will be screaming for Rodgers head after 5 games.

It is once again amatuer night at Anfield. Rodgers has bought in a scattergun fashion again.

Instead of buying a strong spine to the team, Goalkeeper, Centrehalf, Midfielder  and striker . He has once again ignored the defence. Clyne does not add defensive solidity to our  team. He adds another scatterbrained addition to our non stratagy attack, whilst leaving our defence open.

Get ready for a first day calamity away to Stoke.  As soon as i saw our pre - season games , it sent sent a shiver up my spine.  It is a stage managed exercise in self delusion of the team. A big, soft , cozy  run of games ,  to stem any negative press away from the manager and team . Then , with a mighty slap in the face, we go to Stoke.
      Remember, this is the same defence, with the same defensive coaching behind it .

Here we go again.

you buzzing then?

Quick Reply