Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Thank you & farewell Steven Gerrard

Read 59458 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Thank you & farewell Steven Gerrard
      Reply #253: Jan 03, 2015 08:32:25 pm
      Yup. I'll take Stevie at his word on it. Hopefully Federer will now shut the f**k up about wages...

Doubtful.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #254: Jan 03, 2015 08:34:26 pm
      Twitter reports saying its LA Galaxy, 18 month deal on $6M a year

Wow, If true, that's actually quite low? I expected more. Must have a huge signing on fee?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #255: Jan 03, 2015 08:50:42 pm
      Now Stevie has come out and admitted it was basically down to limited playtime (as most of us suspected), my already great admiration for the man has only increased. Of course he didn't want to leave. I imagine he's absolutely heart broken. The old realisation of mortality rearing its ugly head. He's ONLY 34 ffs, but his past injuries, plus everything he's given us have taken their toll.

Stevie, to us fans, you'll always be a Reds legend!
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,657 posts | 144 
      Reply #256: Jan 03, 2015 09:46:16 pm
      what limited playtime? he played almost in all our games maybe dropped few games but he has started many.

I don't blame Stevie for leaving, I blame this cheap ass owners we have who are trying to reduce the wage bill as much as they can.
      why a player who has been 17 years serving this club cannot be offered what he wants, which super star midfield we have to drop a player like Gerrard and who's importantly will replace him? probably a cheap mid table player like the likes delph.
      Im sick of this tight owners who just want to reduce wage bills have young players this thing has been said many times, this model doesn't work and look at dortmund place in the league. I'm sick of letting our top players go, who's the world class player with CL experience we have left? none of course. Gerrard at his worst day is better than Henderson and allen and lucas all together and he's not even playing in his true position, the position where shined a AMF i mean. Seriously just dream to wake up and find that we have some rich oiled or russian mafia man, I don't give a sh*t about tradition money buys better players and therefore trophies.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #257: Jan 03, 2015 09:55:14 pm
      what limited playtime? he played almost in all our games maybe dropped few games but he has started many.

I don't blame Stevie for leaving, I blame this cheap ass owners we have who are trying to reduce the wage bill as much as they can.
      why a player who has been 17 years serving this club cannot be offered what he wants, which super star midfield we have to drop a player like Gerrard and who's importantly will replace him? probably a cheap mid table player like the likes delph.
      Im sick of this tight owners who just want to reduce wage bills have young players this thing has been said many times, this model doesn't work and look at dortmund place in the league. I'm sick of letting our top players go, who's the world class player with CL experience we have left? none of course. Gerrard at his worst day is better than Henderson and allen and lucas all together and he's not even playing in his true position, the position where shined a AMF i mean. Seriously just dream to wake up and find that we have some rich oiled or russian mafia man, I don't give a sh*t about tradition money buys better players and therefore trophies.

So Stevie is lying?

He told us his playing time was going to be utilized more sparingly. He can't accept that because he knows he can no longer give his all like he used to do week in week out, but still wants to play. He wouldn't be happy with a Frank Lampard type roll.

Just admire the man for his honesty and selfless attitude toward the club he adores.

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,190 posts | 1272 
      Reply #258: Jan 03, 2015 09:58:13 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH6xY01jp5A#noexternalembed-ws

Any player would be lucky to score just one of these goals. Sit back and enjoy.
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2015 10:08:59 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #259: Jan 03, 2015 10:08:48 pm
      The fact is, either Gerrard is being greedy, or Fenway are.

Gerrard will obviously get more money in the MLS.
      Fenway were set to save a huge amount of wages anyway as his contract was up.

Genuinely believe that Gerrard thinks he can play footie week in week out for a couple more years and nobody can blame him for doing that rather than winding down his career as a substitute at Liverpool.

I'm not arsed about the owners.  Think he's made the right decision for himself and more importantly Liverpool FC.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #260: Jan 03, 2015 10:16:33 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH6xY01jp5A#noexternalembed-ws

Any player would be lucky to score just one of these goals. Sit back and enjoy.

Simply stunning. We were truly blessed to have such a wonderful player in our ranks. One of a kind, there will never be another player like Stevie G. He has to rank alongside the greatest players ever. He had everything. Pace, power, skill, tenacity, passion.

YNWA.

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #261: Jan 03, 2015 11:16:50 pm
      Message from a United Fan.

Will only post the once so dont worry I wont be here cramping your style.

Just wanted to say that I for one will miss Gerrard. I have been lucky enough to see United vs Liverpool at home and away and have always enjoyed watching Gerrard play. His passion, his awareness, his loyalty and that thunderbolt of a shot. He scored so many good goals in so many big games that as a football fan it was hard not to appreciate him.
         In an age where loyalty means nothing and money rules were were really privileged to be able to sit back and watch players like Gerrard, Jamie Carra, Giggs, scholes play for their club and shirt for so many years. Also as a father of two boys Gerrard is exactly the kind of role model you want in a football player. No nonsence but never dirty and a family man off the pitch who stays off the front pages. Good luck to him in the US I am sure he will be able to play for a few more years to come and probably even get himself that title ;).

Fair bollocks to you oooo aaaa thought much the same about Roy keane(although Roy was a tad more of a head case :-)).
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #262: Jan 04, 2015 12:07:11 am
      Called this at the back end of last season you could see then he was putting much in that after that his legs would finally go. One of the cruellest sporting moments I think I've ever seen in sport his slip vs Chelsea especially when you put it into context of last season, his career and how much the sh*t hawks love the fact he has no pl winners medal
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #263: Jan 04, 2015 12:20:00 am
      Was there a particular moment that made your mind up, that you thought 'this is what I am going to do'?

Yes. There was more than one moment that has made me come to this decision, but I think the key conversation or moment was with the manager when he sat me down not so long ago and said it was time to manage my games for me and for the team. I'm bright enough to realise it is the right thing for everyone, but when you've been a starter and a mainstay in the team for such a long time, it was a very difficult conversation to have with the manager. I accept it and I'll continue to give everything I've got, whether I'm starting, coming off the bench or whatever, but that was the key conversation that swung me to deciding to come away for a short while.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2895582/Steven-Gerrard-wish-met-Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-24-won-lot-titles.html#ixzz3No66O3qh

His decision was motivated by the new playing arrangement where he is no longer guaranteed an automatic start.

I guess he must do what feels better for himself and his family.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #264: Jan 04, 2015 01:16:48 am
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #265: Jan 04, 2015 01:55:26 am
      About what Gerrard said about Rodgers.
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/6304418/gerrard-rates-cole-above-messi
      He usually talks bull sh*t about people he worked with.

Edit: I've no idea why I said 'about' so many times lel
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #266: Jan 04, 2015 01:58:46 am
      Seems odd he would go to Galaxy and not NYC. Liverpool and Los Angeles couldn't be any different. Not to mention LA back to England is a lot longer flight than NYC to England. Weather is better in LA, maybe he is tired of the cold winters. Either way I will likely get a chance to see him play now which will be a thrill for me.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #267: Jan 04, 2015 02:00:15 am
      Seems odd he would go to Galaxy and not NYC. Liverpool and Los Angeles couldn't be any different. Not to mention LA back to England is a lot longer flight than NYC to England. Weather is better in LA, maybe he is tired of the cold winters. Either way I will likely get a chance to see him play now which will be a thrill for me.
      That's probably the reason he wants something DIFFERENT
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #268: Jan 04, 2015 02:02:31 am
      That's probably the reason he wants something DIFFERENT

Just saying, Stevie doesn't seem like the LA type. That city is the most overrated, pain in the arse place I have ever been. Aside from NYC that is.

Wish he'd come to Orlando City instead ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #269: Jan 04, 2015 02:04:55 am
      Just saying, Stevie doesn't seem like the LA type. That city is the most overrated, pain in the arse place I have ever been. Aside from NYC that is.

LA's airport food made me sick. F**k LA.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #270: Jan 04, 2015 02:05:18 am

Maybe he likes LA or he doesn't want to be in the spot light.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #271: Jan 04, 2015 02:10:34 am
      Maybe he likes LA or he doesn't want to be in the spot light.

If he doesn't want to be in the spotlight he should deffo stay away from LA.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #272: Jan 04, 2015 02:10:44 am

Wow, was just googling and Orlando has Kaka! Would love to see Gerrard and Kaka together.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #273: Jan 04, 2015 02:11:24 am
      Wow, was just googling and Orlando has Kaka! Would love to see Gerrard and Kaka together.

Yep :)

Orlando has Disneyworld too, I'm sure his girls would love it. Way better than Disneyland too ;)
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #274: Jan 04, 2015 02:22:30 am
      If he doesn't want to be in the spotlight he should deffo stay away from LA.
      There are alot of superstars in LA.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #275: Jan 04, 2015 02:27:16 am

I'll be honest mate, I have no friggin clue what you are going on about.  You seem to have some sort of hard-on for Stevie going to LA, so go ahead and take care of yourself. My original point still stands, I find it odd that he would go there over somewhere like NYC when you factor all things in including his family and such. If it's ok with you I'm going to have my own opinion on the topic.

Quick Reply