Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Ched Evans to Oldham....

Read 6938 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Ched Evans to Oldham....
      Reply #23: Jan 07, 2015 11:31:14 pm
      I imagine she doesn't mate. Unfortunately it's the world we live in now I think.

Obviously I'm not saying I'm going to look at him and think anything other than rapist... However I'm certainly not wrong in saying there'll be plenty who think of his 'goal at the weekend' first.

You're not wrong mate, there was an Oldham supporter on the TV and he was saying more or less 'what's the problem, he's served his time and he can do the business for us' - morons.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Jan 08, 2015 12:45:12 am
      Have people seen the CCTV video on the Ched Evans website? I watch it earlier and it puts doubt onto some of her claims even though I still think she's telling the truth and that it wasn't consensual. She claimed she was too drunk to remember sleeping with either Ched Evans or Clayton McDonald yet she was sober enough to remember she had left her purse in the taxi, she was sober enough to remember she had left a pizza on the floor outside and she was sober enough to walk perfectly OK in quite high heels without swaying all over the place. You can't go from being too hammered to consent to sex one minute to then knowing full well that you didn't consent (if you get what I'm trying to say?) She seems a confused girl and that's understandable but I also think she's lucky in a way because some of the evidence appears to be inconclusive and on any other day the same decision may not have been made.

I also seriously don't understand how Clayton McDonald got away scot free yet Ched Evans got jail time - questioning why Clayton didn't get jail time rather than why Ched did. She said she didn't consent to sex with either of the two lads.

Personally, I hope he doesn't play professionally again because its sending out the wrong message to other players and also to people watching. Ched should have thought about what the consequences for his actions would be before he committed such a horrible act but obviously being a thick tw*t, he didn't. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25: Jan 08, 2015 01:10:13 am
      Remember Houllier almost signed that c**t of a man Lee Bowyer.

Ched Evans? Clear your name first then decide on your career.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #26: Jan 08, 2015 01:25:28 am
      I'm actually quite relieved to see some sensible comments here, comments elsewhere boil down to, "He's a scumbag rapist, bugger him with a spiked mace then burn him to death".

My view.
      It's not for you, me or Oldham Athletic to judge whether he's guilty or innocent, that's been done by the courts, as it should be.

They said he's guilty and he was handed a sentence.

In this country, prison is not supposed to be purely a punishment but also a rehabilitation system.

Evans should have only been released if he's not considered to be a threat to anyone, i.e. he is rehabilitated.

To that ends, he should be free to seek employment and as a footballer, it makes sense that he would go back to that.

Oldham and Sheffield Utd before that are being attacked for not taking a moral stance but actually, by denying Evans work solely on the basis of his conviction, they would effectively be undermining the penal system in the UK.
      So to that ends, I think Oldham are right to offer him work.

HOWEVER, given that he was found guilty of rape, my own personal view is that he should still be inside until way past his footballing years!

So in short, question the legal system here, not his potential new employers.

(Note that I don't know the ins and outs of the case... pun intended... so I'm making no comment as to whether I think he's guilty or innocent. As I said at the top that's not for me to decide).
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27: Jan 08, 2015 04:24:43 pm
      Ched Evans may have "served his sentence" (you'll note he didn't have to serve the entirety of his 5-year sentence), but for the victim, she carries that rape with her the rest of her life.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #28: Jan 08, 2015 06:59:55 pm
      Seems the deal is off now
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #29: Jan 08, 2015 07:09:34 pm
      I'm actually quite relieved to see some sensible comments here, comments elsewhere boil down to, "He's a scumbag rapist, bugger him with a spiked mace then burn him to death".

My view.
      It's not for you, me or Oldham Athletic to judge whether he's guilty or innocent, that's been done by the courts, as it should be.

They said he's guilty and he was handed a sentence.

In this country, prison is not supposed to be purely a punishment but also a rehabilitation system.

Evans should have only been released if he's not considered to be a threat to anyone, i.e. he is rehabilitated.

To that ends, he should be free to seek employment and as a footballer, it makes sense that he would go back to that.

Oldham and Sheffield Utd before that are being attacked for not taking a moral stance but actually, by denying Evans work solely on the basis of his conviction, they would effectively be undermining the penal system in the UK.
      So to that ends, I think Oldham are right to offer him work.

HOWEVER, given that he was found guilty of rape, my own personal view is that he should still be inside until way past his footballing years!

So in short, question the legal system here, not his potential new employers.

(Note that I don't know the ins and outs of the case... pun intended... so I'm making no comment as to whether I think he's guilty or innocent. As I said at the top that's not for me to decide).

I'm not too sure whether the football lifestyle and it's gruesome materialistic excess (which Evans took to the max) is the lifestyle by which rehabilitation should occur.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30: Jan 08, 2015 07:30:11 pm
      Just heard Gordon Taylor talking about ched Evans and the tw*t mentioned Hillsborough saying that we are finding out now that what was reported at the time was wrong, seriously don't know where to start,
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #31: Jan 08, 2015 08:40:51 pm
      Just heard Gordon Taylor talking about ched Evans and the tw*t mentioned Hillsborough saying that we are finding out now that what was reported at the time was wrong, seriously don't know where to start,

Thick tw*t.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #32: Jan 08, 2015 08:43:52 pm

The guy is a monotone cock who has no place in any organisation.

What the pr**k was referring to is the legal challenge that's ongoing, but his mind was probably down the bookies hence why he came out with that sh*t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Jan 08, 2015 11:36:32 pm
      Someone provide a breakdown of where he is at? He got released but he is appealing some decision? Ive only read loose bits of info.

Basically he is appealing that he was found guilty just to clear his name. Don't know why he is appealing it now though, surely he'd have appealed it when the guilty verdict was given...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34: Jan 08, 2015 11:44:09 pm
      F**k me that Gordon Taylor is symptomatic of the general F**k up that English football is. Simpering, bordering on pissing his pants pr**k.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Jan 09, 2015 03:19:52 am
      Basically he is appealing that he was found guilty just to clear his name. Don't know why he is appealing it now though, surely he'd have appealed it when the guilty verdict was given...

So he got sentenced, served jail-time, and now he wants to appeal it for the sake of his name?

Looks like he hasn't learnt anything, just wants his name cleared so he can get back in to football.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #36: Jan 09, 2015 05:49:01 am
      Apparently, Oldham have said no to Ched Evans but he is taking it as a yes.

:f_run:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37: Jan 09, 2015 10:15:13 am
      Apparently, Oldham have said no to Ched Evans but he is taking it as a yes.

:f_run:

he said he was the one who pulled out...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #38: Jan 09, 2015 10:16:40 am
      Taylor sorry for Evans comments
      Gordon Taylor has apologised after comparing the Hillsborough tragedy to the Ched Evans rape case he said ''the last thing I wanted to do was upset anyone connected to the Hillsborough case''.
      Taylor who made the comments in an interview with the BBC on Thursday went on to say ''Ched Evans is a totally different case, but he has belief in his innocence''.
      Evans of course was convicted and jailed for rape in 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30740207

How is an individual with such flawed judgement allowed to hold public office??
      Such are the tiers of misapprehension that riddle football from Sepp Blatter to this F***ing moron.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39: Jan 09, 2015 12:22:30 pm
      So he got sentenced, served jail-time, and now he wants to appeal it for the sake of his name?

Looks like he hasn't learnt anything, just wants his name cleared so he can get back in to football.

First of all there is a lot of confusion over this case. There is no doubt Ched Evans acted like an idiot but how can it be that one footballer had consensual sex with this woman then 5 minutes later it was rape when Ched Evans had sex with her, she can't remember having sex with either one btw? In any case even if it was rape the lad has served his time now, he's been rehabilitated, so why shouldn't he be allowed to return to his career, it seems grossly unfair to me.

Oh and Gordon Taylor is a complete and utter ass clown.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #40: Jan 09, 2015 01:14:36 pm
      To be honest I'm not sure, I get what you are saying that he has served his time but on the flip side he has shown no regret or made no apology.I feel for the girl he raped, Evans isn't a supermarket worker who she never had to see again.. He's plastered all over the press and is going to be playing football again in the public eye, she can't get away from him.

Sorry to pick this part but, although totally different I know, remembering the Suarez and Evra affair kind of made me not just judge him because he was found guilty as silly as that may initially sound. Meaning I wanted to look into it from his point of view as the fact that he was showing no remorse and refusing to give up in trying to clear his name meant something to me. I just don't think this is the behaviour of somebody who has been rightfully convicted of rape.

I remember how Luis was attacked from all corners and labelled as this racist scum by people who refused to look into the facts of the report and ignored things like Evra and United admitting they didn't think he was a racist as it was just a lot easier to go with the flow (mob), alienate him and call him a racist and what have you.

It would be easy for people to call me this or that for writing this but at the early stages of looking into the incident and its undisputed facts I'm struggling to see how a girl who apparently couldn't remember a thing as she was so drunk walks into a hotel looking very in control of herself and comes out of it in the morning claiming that she was raped by two people.

Remember that one was acquitted and one convicted as well even though she couldn't remember a thing about being in the hotel. I really struggle to see how a jury managed to come to that decision.

There is also the receptionist at the hotel who listened at the door and heard the moans and groans of two men and one women having sex go on for an amount of time.

I smell a rat if I'm being honest and putting my thoughts on it out there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41: Jan 09, 2015 01:30:38 pm

You got it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #42: Jan 09, 2015 01:50:04 pm

Not quite right boys. He has always insisted that he was innocent and has actively been trying to clear his name since the day he was arrested.

"In the eyes of the law the jury system is sacrosanct and once a conviction has been reached you need significant new evidence that was not available for the original trial, evidence that the defence team was negligent or that the judge misdirected the jury.  The new evidence we had which was essentially a further new witness statement and expert medical evidence, was discounted by the panel of three judges.  Whilst the judge in the trial when summing up introduced the theory that the complainant could have imbibed more alcohol after leaving the night club, it was only put forward as a theory and was not misdirection"

This come from his website and although is bound to be swaying towards him being innocent it does deal with facts. Again, whilst I despise rape obviously, it is important that people look at this from all angles especially when you look at the points made in the letter on the website from a girl who claims she was raped but her attacker got away with it:

Feedback That Everyone Should Read

We have received thousands of letters and feedback via the website some of which are extremely moving.  This is one we received week commencing 6 May.  We have received huge criticism of this website from some feminist groups and some groups who support rape victims, but from individuals, all of whom are women, a clear message that Ched’s conviction and the complainant’s actions demean and diminish the act of rape.

On our homepage, we state categorically our position on the act of rape and that this website is about a miscarriage of justice.  When we received this letter from Jane (name changed), we asked permission to publish it on the website which was instantly given.  We would like to publically thank her for her courage and support, we have already done this privately.

On a feminist website there is the claim that this letter is fabricated for our own purposes, for the avoidance of any doubt we have the original in our possession its genuineness can be verified.  We also have others of a similar nature.

I'm a female in my 20's who was raped at the age of 15 by a boy the same age as me. It was a very difficult time in my life as I was young and in the wrong place at the wrong time I guess. I still struggle with it to this day it's had a complete and utter effect on my life but I'm not "learning to live with it" I'm learning to deal with it. In July 2010 the scumbag that raped me walked free from court and our corrupted justice system, that's meant to be in place to protect the people of our country. I was a 17 year old girl asking my dad "why? Why didn't the jury believe me" the police who took 8 hours to come out to my house told me I could retrial but not for rape. Why retrial for half of what he had done?

As a Charlton Athletic fan this was a massive story to come out to fans of football and at first I was in a situation of two sides as a victim myself I tried not to look into the story as I knew how it was going to affect me, until I saw this website I sat down and read through everything and I’ll say this now, this girl is the reason why me and plenty other girls who are VICTIMS don't get justice.

I had a court case that had more evidence than you could chew, DNA etc. etc and still lost a case. Girls like this ruin lives, girls like this mess things up for girls like me, this justice system is corrupted.

Ched you need to fight this to the bare bones. This girls mind is screwed up and I hope she cannot sleep at night & I hope that soon enough this corrupted sickening justice system sees sense!

Keep your chin up. All the best. Jane.

http://www.chedevans.com/feedback
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #43: Jan 09, 2015 07:50:10 pm
      This nonsense that he has served his time and should be allowed to make a living. No he has not he has been released to serve his 5 year sentence on parole, he can be recalled back at any time.
      Which company in the real world would employ a convict who is still serving his time?

Bottom line he was found guilty by a court of law and has shown not a ounce of remorse for what he has done. In fact he and his embarrassing band of supporters who have set up a website in his support should be ashamed for continuing to haunt this poor girl.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #44: Jan 09, 2015 08:35:56 pm
      This nonsense that he has served his time and should be allowed to make a living. No he has not he has been released to serve his 5 year sentence on parole, he can be recalled back at any time.
      Which company in the real world would employ a convict who is still serving his time?

Bottom line he was found guilty by a court of law and has shown not a ounce of remorse for what he has done. In fact he and his embarrassing band of supporters who have set up a website in his support should be ashamed for continuing to haunt this poor girl.

Well said HSc.

He can protest his conviction any day he wants but he still can't get it into his thick, misogynist skull that he took advantage of a highly inebriated woman who was most probably in no state to make a conscious decision or perhaps even know where she was.

As far as I'm concerned, Evans is guilty from the moment he saw that girl as a slab of meat. In the same way that John Terry, Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney have done so in the past. This culture of misogyny in football is deeply toxic and the worst thing is that, for the latter three, they've been redeemed not because they

This sexist and deeply toxic 'lad culture' where it's deemed in many circles amongst males to be acceptable to act in the most degrading fashion to women just to impress their friends is only helped along by apologetic tone many fans and the media have towards their favourite footballers. Although never convicted for something as horrific as rape, the likes of your Wayne Rooney's, John Terrys and Ashley Coles always knew they could easily forget their immoral actions because the fans and the media would exonerate them because their 'great player' status or the support of a few thousand behind you wearing the same strip would help them along the way. Christ, it doesn't matter whether they re offend time and time again - they know they can easily forget it by scoring a 30 yard beauty or a goal line clearance in the dying seconds of a world cup or champions league match. Your Martin Samuels, Ollie Holts and Paddy Barclay tw*ts will hail them as heroes of our age, conveniently forgetting that as human beings they are utterly terrible role models who have treated women in appalling fashion.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #45: Jan 09, 2015 09:05:04 pm

Dont want to come across on the side of Evans here, because of a father of two young girls thats the last thing i want to do and not my intention. But i think people need to realise a few things in this case without making their own conclusions.

1. Yes he was found guilty. ( a jury found him guilty )

2. He appealed at the time ( the appeal was knocked back on the following grounds...... the judge was experienced, not the most convicing of arguments )

3. His friend was found not guilty even though the defendant claimed she did not consent to either ( thus the victimes evidence was the same for both men )

4. For some reason the judge said the jury should decide on the verdicts of each defendant seperatley. 

5. The jury irrespective of the evidence found Cheds mate to be more credible in the box than Ched, which means if you believe his defence if you nervous about speaking in public and the victim gives the same eveidence against both attackers a jury can convict you on this basis.

6. The evidence againt two men was the same, yet one was found guilty and was was not.

My opinions for what its worth both offenders should still be in prison now serving 5 years, as a believer of the criminal justice system if one was cleared both should be cleared. Bottom line Judge was out of touch and messed up, interested to see the outcome of the legal challenge.

Quick Reply