Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre Match: League Cup S/F 1st leg Liverpool v Chelsea 20/1/15 7.45

Read 10728 times
      MsGerrard
      Pre Match: League Cup S/F 1st leg Liverpool v Chelsea 20/1/15 7.45
      Jan 18, 2015 09:22:50 pm

So after our superb win at Villa Park on Saturday, our attentions turn to the League Cup and a semi final against our old adversaries Chelsea, those that have no history  ;)

We've had some tremendous battles against them over the years, the outstanding one, of course, being the 2005 semi at Anfield in the Champions League and we all know what happened that night !!

This is going to be a very tough game, but we need a cushion of a lead to take back to Stamford Bridge the following week if we are to have any hope of progressing to the final, I believe over two legs we can beat anyone, but we must be tight in defence on Tuesday and hit them with a couple of early goals.

Hoping to see Sturridge at some stage of the evening, will need some minutes on the pitch to get his fitness levels up, I hope people don't expect to much of him though, and I'm also expecting to see Gerrard fit again after missing the game on saturday.

Be boss to see our esteemed Captain lift this trophy again before he departs for pastures new  :)

I will be right at the front of the KOP on tuesday night for this game and I can't wait  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      bring it on Redmen !!!
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2015 06:30:50 pm by JD »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Carling Cup S/F 1st leg Liverpool v Chelsea 20/1/15 7.45 KO pre-match thread
      Reply #1: Jan 18, 2015 09:34:36 pm
      No way Sturridge will be seen on the pitch.

End of January/ Early Feb is his predicted return date.
      MsGerrard
      Re: Carling Cup S/F 1st leg Liverpool v Chelsea 20/1/15 7.45 KO pre-match thread
      Reply #2: Jan 18, 2015 09:35:42 pm

Really?
      Thought he was almost ready   :(
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: Jan 18, 2015 09:38:02 pm

So after our superb win at Villa Park on Saturday, our attentions turn to the Carling Cup and a semi final against our old adversaries Chelsea, those that have no history  ;)

We've had some tremendous battles against them over the years, the outstanding one, of course, being the 2005 semi at Anfield in the Champions League and we all know what happened that night !!

This is going to be a very tough game, but we need a cushion of a lead to take back to Stamford Bridge the following week if we are to have any hope of progressing to the final, I believe over two legs we can beat anyone, but we must be tight in defence on Tuesday and hit them with a couple of early goals.

Hoping to see Sturridge at some stage of the evening, will need some minutes on the pitch to get his fitness levels up, I hope people don't expect to much of him though, and I'm also expecting to see Gerrard fit again after missing the game on saturday.

Be boss to see our esteemed Captain lift this trophy again before he departs for pastures new  :)

I will be right at the front of the KOP on tuesday night for this game and I can't wait  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      bring it on Redmen !!!

I see what you did there.  :f_whistle: :gt-happyup:
      MsGerrard
      Re: League Cup S/F 1st leg Liverpool v Chelsea 20/1/15 7.45 KO pre-match thread
      Reply #4: Jan 18, 2015 09:52:22 pm

;) ;D

Nothing escapes you RedPup  8)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #5: Jan 18, 2015 10:17:01 pm
      We did it against City a few years ago, so let's do these plastics the same way. I'm confident.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #6: Jan 18, 2015 10:17:47 pm
      Taking my lad to this

Can't wait.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #7: Jan 18, 2015 10:28:47 pm

I'd rather hold him back for the league games myself.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #8: Jan 19, 2015 01:23:46 am
      does way goal rule apply here?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #9: Jan 19, 2015 01:40:24 am

N'ah, this is the home leg.

Ba-dum-tish.

Wish I could use my ticket for this but it found a good home.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #10: Jan 19, 2015 01:50:10 am
      Chelsea has a table topping clash against City just 4 days after the 2nd leg of this tie.  Jose will undoubtedly prioritize the PL over the League Cup, so they will most likely rest players in the 2nd leg.  With that in mind, we need to be pragmatic in the 1st leg.  Don't concede in the first leg, and go for the win in the 2nd leg.  Let's hope BR gets the tactics right in this one... I really want to see us in another cup final!!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #11: Jan 19, 2015 06:55:16 am
      Every time I see their name in a thread title, I compelled to say/think... I 'detest' these cu*ts.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #12: Jan 19, 2015 07:54:15 am
      Every time I see their name in a thread title, I compelled to say/think... I 'detest' these cu*ts.

Should be said ever time they are mentioned.

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #13: Jan 19, 2015 10:24:30 am
      Honestly think Jose will put out a piss weak side for this to prove a point on

A.  How strong his squad is
      B.  That it isn't a priority for him

3-0 for me.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #14: Jan 19, 2015 10:49:40 am
      Honestly think Jose will put out a piss weak side for this to prove a point on

A.  How strong his squad is
      B.  That it isn't a priority for him

3-0 for me.

Don't think so mate they had a very easy win against Swansea at the weekend they barely broke a sweat so I think he will field a pretty strong side he'll probably start Zouma, Shurrle and Remy but the rest of the team should be the same.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #15: Jan 19, 2015 12:34:13 pm
      whoever maureen starts, he has a pretty good squad to select from. I just hope brendan gets his tactics right this time. We are capable of beating anyone on our day, but won't win this going all out open football. Need to be a bit defensive with good counter options, of course if maureen parks the bus again, will we be able to break through ?
      We need a good set up, with a plan 'b'.
      Think they may park the bus, rely on long ball counters and go for the win at theirs.
      We will defffo need to take a lead there imho. Need to study how spuds opened them up countless times and implement some of that.
      3 - 0 for me, clean sheet being the main plus.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #16: Jan 19, 2015 01:24:55 pm
      Some interesting comments I saw on Twitter from Jose about wanting the fans to stop the Steven Gerrard chants. Pains me to say this but it was almost class by Maureen.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Jan 19, 2015 01:36:15 pm
      Some interesting comments I saw on Twitter from Jose about wanting the fans to stop the Steven Gerrard chants. Pains me to say this but it was almost class by Maureen.

Knowing Jose, he's playing mindgames mate.  The last thing he wants is a motivated Stevie on the pitch, especially playing in an attacking role and after what happened in the April game, Stevie will be out to make a point.

Nothing he does or says has class attached to it  ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #18: Jan 19, 2015 01:40:30 pm
      Knowing Jose, he's playing mindgames mate.  The last thing he wants is a motivated Stevie on the pitch, especially playing in an attacking role and after what happened in the April game, Stevie will be out to make a point.

Nothing he does or says has class attached to it  ;)

It's a downfall of mine, I tend to try and find the best in people ;D It's not like their plastic fans will abide anyway though.

Mourinho: “Our fans have a song (about Gerrard) that I don’t like, I don’t like it at all."

Mourinho: "A couple of times it’s good fun but to go and go and go, especially when a player like him deserves respect, we don’t need that."

Mourinho: "We did everything to sign him but SG will be a red forever & I respect that a lot. He never told me ‘I will go’, never ever"
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Jan 19, 2015 01:44:58 pm
      Normally I would probably miss part of this game as it is during the week but tomorrow is a holiday in Brazil so I should be home to watch it in full. Excited! (and a bit scared too)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Jan 19, 2015 01:46:26 pm
      Knowing Jose, he's playing mindgames mate.

Indeed! Ever since I've read a book about Mourinho's approach and mindset, I tend to watch all his actions on an utilitarian basis. I have a hard time believing he actually has principles! ;D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #21: Jan 19, 2015 02:37:25 pm
      If it were a leaked private conversation it would be a bit of class, but in public and in interviews, everything Jose says, he says it because he wants it to be heard and to take effect. Never wastes a word that one.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #22: Jan 19, 2015 03:02:00 pm
      Very worried about this.... love to nick a draw and go all out at their place...

I reckon if we are to go through we'll win the tie on penalties next week... i just can’t see us beating them
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #23: Jan 19, 2015 03:21:43 pm
      This will be the biggest test yet of the 3-4-3. I reckon Can and Costa will probably have a scuffle at some point and Skrtel will molest Costa's shirt haha

I'd probably have Henderson man-mark Fabregas, press him high up the pitch and try to choke the supply of the ball.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #24: Jan 19, 2015 03:28:08 pm
      Is Stevie fit enough to start? If not, Lallana for Borini is the only change I would make from the Villa game
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #25: Jan 19, 2015 03:40:42 pm
      I think they will put a full strength team out. They have Bradford at home on the weekend so they can rest players then and they need to rest players in the second leg against us because they play City just days later.

I think they will get a result tomorrow. As much as I hate Mourinho, he knows how to win big matches. Brendan is still inexperienced in this field too.

I'd take a draw now because I fancy us going to Stamford Bridge and winning against a Chelsea reserve team.

jimmy_tries
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #26: Jan 19, 2015 07:33:23 pm
      Can't wait to watch this match . Coming back to Anfield with a newly found form . I agree with the posts above, a motivated Stevie is dangerous . He told us what he wanted to accomplish before he left and this is a way to do so . I think that it will be a great game and a very hard fought win . Chelsea coming of a routing and us coming off an exciting win . Having Sterling back will great and I think that it will be a nice lift to the squad .

Anfield will be rocking tomorrow night . Cant wait to watch the game . Im over in the US but I plan on making my first Anfield visit very soon  :kop5cf8koxp6: .
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #27: Jan 19, 2015 07:49:54 pm
      In the Kop for this one, first time in the Kop since the Dortmund friendly, so absolutely buzzing for it. Have to admit I have a bad feeling about it, but just to let you all know, I haven't seen Liverpool lose a game I've attended in 15 years (41 games), so that omen at least is positive.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Jan 19, 2015 07:51:53 pm
      I haven't seen Liverpool lose a game I've attended in 15 years (41 games), so that omen at least is positive.

That's impressive! I've watched a lot fewer games but still saw us get beat by Arsenal (2-1 at Anfield) and Sunderland (1-0 at the Stadium of Light). Didn't help that they were league games in our worst league campaign since the 50s or something.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #29: Jan 19, 2015 08:02:21 pm
      The pickle-faced shaftmeister also said: "His people were open to him joining a top side like Chelsea. But to me personally he never said he would come. Never."

The complete and utter nadge-sac. I hope we muller these posturing bell-ends 5-0.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 2818 
      Reply #30: Jan 19, 2015 08:35:50 pm
      In the past few years it's been these types of games that we raise our game for. European games under Rafa, the semi final against title-chasing City under Kenny etc. It's not quite happened under Brendan in the cups for us yet (hasn't happened against Chelsea under him either, 5 games without a win) so no better time to change that than the coming week ahead.

I don't agree with people saying Mourinho will rotate next week, he's had no problem playing his best players every 3-4 days when it matters and that won't change for us. So we really need to come away with some sort of lead tomorrow night.

Unless Hendo or Raheem move to wing back we've got an interesting team selection ahead with Gerrard and Lallana possibly both coming back into contention, would be ridiculous to leave Gerrard out of this though. He'll be bang up for it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,226 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Jan 19, 2015 09:02:36 pm

Not really I'm with God on this one.

Go full strength and go at these, show them no respect

Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #32: Jan 19, 2015 09:53:19 pm
      That's impressive! I've watched a lot fewer games but still saw us get beat by Arsenal (2-1 at Anfield) and Sunderland (1-0 at the Stadium of Light). Didn't help that they were league games in our worst league campaign since the 50s or something.

It's a crazy stat. Weirdest of all is that I was scheduled to go the Madrid game (0-3), but didn't make it because of traffic.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #33: Jan 19, 2015 10:24:24 pm
      Hate their manager, hate their captain, hate their wanky nightclub like ground surrounded by art shops, hate their plastic flags.

YOU AINT GOT NO HISTORY!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Jan 19, 2015 10:25:53 pm
      Good barometer of our turn around tomorrow against the Chavs. Whatever about the strength of the teams put out, will give a decent idea of how we match up against a good side. We've definitely improved on season start, and hope that continues - but just get the feeling we might be under pressure here. On the other hand if we can come out on top over two legs, would be brilliant for confidence and we'd be one game away from silverware :)
      Looking forward to the match for a bunch of reasons. COYR!!!!!!!!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #35: Jan 19, 2015 11:39:11 pm
      I'd take a draw at home all day long, particularly a 0-0 one. They'll play a weakened side in the second leg.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36: Jan 20, 2015 07:33:00 am
      We need to beat Chelsea with good attacking football, but we should be wary of the bas**rds with their counter attack. Lets see our lads give maximum effort, have pride in the Liverpool shirt and show Chelsea how to play football.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #37: Jan 20, 2015 07:53:41 am
      Please just best these tw*ts and put ourselves in position to win another trophy.

Come on Reds!!
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #38: Jan 20, 2015 08:36:35 am
      As long as we don't lose the first leg we have a chance. Chelsea will sit back and see how much we attack. Mourinho is inherently cautious away from home to big teams, but if he senses we are afraid of them he'll go for it.

We need the right balance; go for the win but don't leave ourselves wide open to the counter.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 20, 2015 11:51:20 am
      Jose paying Stevie a compliment? maybe...telling the plastics not to sing that song? give me a break, its all mind games from him as it always is.

As for the match itself...nervous? yes...optimistic? also yes...i think with with the run we are on and confidence high at the moment we could win this but its going to be a tight affair especially if they come and park the bus AGAIN.

I'm going for 2-1 to the mighty reds.

And with the card happy Martin Atkinson in charge there maybe a few cards flying about too, lets just hope he doesn't ruin the game. (well unless he wants to dish out red cards to them ;D)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #40: Jan 20, 2015 12:05:28 pm
      A win would do in any manner.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Jan 20, 2015 12:09:45 pm
      Unleash Can.
      Not sure there is much choice but to start the same 11 as against Villa.

Obviously if Gerrard is fit swap him in for Borini.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #42: Jan 20, 2015 12:45:16 pm
      Any Aussies know if this is broadcast over here? Doesn't seem to be on FS or ESPN?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #43: Jan 20, 2015 12:50:29 pm
      Team doing the rounds

Mignolet
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Lucas-Moreno
      Stevie-Coutinho
      Sterling
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #44: Jan 20, 2015 12:56:57 pm
      Obviously a win needed, very difficult to predict a result.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #45: Jan 20, 2015 12:59:18 pm
      Quote from bigmick
      I'd take a draw at home all day long, particularly a 0-0 one. They'll play a weakened side in the second leg.

I think he'll look for a 0-0 draw. He usually does in ties like these.

But there's another curvedball thrown into the mix tonight. From looking at the weather forecasts, there is a strong possibility of snow  before and/or during the game. If it happens before, the game could be postponed on h&s grounds outside the stadium. It may mean that we play the away leg first too. If it happens during the game, who knows which team will adapt better to the conditions. We played them at home in snow in 2009, and won 2-0.

I'm not saying I want the game postponed,  but it's another factor to consider.
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2015 03:07:47 pm by lfc across the water »
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #46: Jan 20, 2015 01:02:01 pm
      Team doing the rounds

Mignolet
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Lucas-Moreno
      Stevie-Coutinho
      Sterling

Decent.

I have a sneaky feeling Mario will have a little say in this one - providing he makes the squad.

come on with 15mins to go and score the winner in a 2-1 win.

However, would brendo send on a striker with such a low work rate in such a game if 1-1? probably not. And with good reason. Would be a very positive change though (if keep on the likes of coutinho and sterling as well) and one that could have massive connotations for the team and player if comes off!!

I'll put my crystal balls away now anyway - just thought I'd share my premonition!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #47: Jan 20, 2015 01:03:25 pm
      I'm not saying I want the game postponed,  but it's another factor to consider.
      As is the possibility, however slim, of an asteroid strike.  :o
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #48: Jan 20, 2015 01:16:24 pm
      Team doing the rounds

Mignolet
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Lucas-Moreno
      Stevie-Coutinho
      Sterling

Thought Lallana was more fit to play than Stevie?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #49: Jan 20, 2015 01:27:47 pm
      Did lfcacrossthewater really say that Rafa did the job in the snow?

Got a good feeling about this I think will do them 2-1.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: Jan 20, 2015 01:30:34 pm
      Team doing the rounds

Mignolet
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Lucas-Moreno
      Stevie-Coutinho
      Sterling

Straight from the Echo's most popular team.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,226 posts | 2805 
      Reply #51: Jan 20, 2015 01:32:26 pm
      I F**KING HATE THESE PLASTIC PR*CKS WITH A PASSION SO CAN WE PLEASE DO THEM. Thats all

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #52: Jan 20, 2015 01:38:44 pm
      I F**KING HATE THESE PLASTIC PR*CKS WITH A PASSION SO CAN WE PLEASE DO THEM. Thats all

Whatever eloquence/writing skills I have go out the motherf#*king window when we play these plastic, criminally-owned evil market-bending f#*king tw@ts who give players away for free them buy them back for 25m and then snipe other clubs' targets only to let them rot on the bench.

Stevie hat trick please. Fu#*king hate these c#*ts.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #53: Jan 20, 2015 01:57:21 pm
      Is Sturridge supposed to be available for tonight's game?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #54: Jan 20, 2015 02:05:52 pm
      Is Sturridge supposed to be available for tonight's game?

No mate Brendan said it will be a game too soon for Danny.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #55: Jan 20, 2015 02:09:27 pm
      Straight from the Echo's most popular team.

That's how I'd like to see us.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #56: Jan 20, 2015 02:39:33 pm
      We're so F***ing inept at beating Mourinho it pisses me off to no end. Let's change that starting tonight.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #57: Jan 20, 2015 03:04:14 pm
      I just want to watch a good game from our lads,i want them to give their best and try to beat those scums.I wonder who will try to mark Costa,that guy is a tough and dirty player,gotta watch him out.I expec t Coutinho and Markovic to play well tonight and i wish our defence doesnt set us back.All the best lads tonight.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #58: Jan 20, 2015 03:14:52 pm
      I F***ing detest Mourinho. I hate him more than Fergie and Moyes put together.

How I'd love us to go out and batter them 3-0 tonight and listen to his excuses in the after match interviews.

I'd love to see that carthorse John Terry get sent off in the first minute, Gerrard nestles a pen and we take it from there.

F**k what happened last season, go at them again with pace and energy and lets see if they can handle it. Let them park the bus and try and slow the game down, F**k them, just keep going at them reds.

I have a bad feeling about this game but I'm just praying its one of those nights at Anfield and the football gods are looking down on us.

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #59: Jan 20, 2015 03:15:50 pm
      cant see it... I'd take penalties now!!
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #60: Jan 20, 2015 03:29:25 pm
      Need to keep it tight and play on the counter tonight. Chelsea are going to come at us guns blazing. They will try to put the tie to bed tonight because Jose will rest most of their stars in the return leg due to the match against City a few days later. If we can grind out a 0-0 tonight then I fancy our chances to win it in the return leg.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #61: Jan 20, 2015 03:40:25 pm
      I think Maureen will adopt the same tactics as of last season, we're at home so the onus is on us to take the game to them,
      We do not sit back at home,

That wee kunt knows this and will come looking for a win, forget all the niceties about Ste Maureen & his chavs are as welcome as a doze of the clap,

If I could get my way I'd have Sakho snap Costa in two within the first minute, and in the second minute have Lucas stamp on Fab's neck,

Seriously tho ,
      Over two legs we can get thru these fuckers but we can't afford to lose at home,

Can see us doing them over but obviously very tight,
      2-1 Redmen

YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #62: Jan 20, 2015 03:44:38 pm
      I expect a big game from Captain Fantastic tonight.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #63: Jan 20, 2015 04:04:56 pm
      I think they'll come at us and try put it to bed tonight. They play Man City in the potential title decider a week on Saturday, and they'll want to give themselves the freedom of resting a few for the second leg.

Most won't agree I know, but I'd definately bring the future captain back into the team here. If we really are going to go with three at the back and have Markovic picking up Hazard, then we need a quality defender inside Lazar to help him out. It's time for Dejan tonight.

Further forward given my hunch that we're going to be defending fairly deep for longish periods, I'd go with Super Mario up top. I've a feeling a big game from Balotelli is going to crop up sooner or later (law of averages and all that) and tonight could be his night. He also gives me a feeling he could wind John Terry up sufficiently to get himself sent off.

I don't think either of these controversial selections will happen as I think we'll go with the much touted team from above. Either way around we're up against it as they are the best team in our league by a fair margin. Can we do it over two legs? Sure we can. Will we? Well we'll need to ensure they don't play at their best while being on top of our game. We'll probably need a bit of luck too, but hopefully we can yes.     
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #64: Jan 20, 2015 04:26:34 pm

Most won't agree I know, but I'd definately bring the future captain back into the team here. If we really are going to go with three at the back and have Markovic picking up Hazard, then we need a quality defender inside Lazar to help him out. It's time for Dejan tonight.

Two clean sheets in a row without Lovren starting. Sorry mate but "future captain" stays put on the bench.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #65: Jan 20, 2015 04:34:42 pm
      Lovren shouldn't be near the starting XI, we've got one liability in Mignolet to carry, we don't need another.

Gerrard coming back in, it'd be up top for me, keep the Lucas and Hendo partnership, they work well together. Can move Coutinho out wide or just utilise Gerrard late on, neither will happen though and Stevie will slot in beside Lucas in what will probably be our biggest weakness.

Agree with everyone saying they'll come looking for blood and to kill the tie tonight, we must be prepared for it and play smart. Big test for Brendan tonight, I'd happily take a draw and keep the tie well and truly alive for the 2nd leg.

Heart says we can win.
      Head says we'll get beat.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #66: Jan 20, 2015 04:39:26 pm
      Will be heading to a cold Anfield tonight hoping for a passionate performance. Must start well and must score in that good start to stand a chance in the tie for me.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #67: Jan 20, 2015 04:45:26 pm
      And BTW I'd have the heating in their dressing room upto maximum. There ought to be condensation running down the walls. Anyone who's been to Anfield for a midweek game under the lights this time of year will know it'll be absolutely f*cking freezing tonight. Let the f***ers come out of a steaming dressing room into an atmosphere that's red hot but a temperature that freezes Willians affro. On the same subject, I hope all our players resist the temptation to wear gloves/tights and all that old bollocks. Sends out completely the wrong message. Should be short sleeved shirts only tonight.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,412 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #68: Jan 20, 2015 04:58:57 pm
      I expect a big game from Captain Fantastic tonight.

Henderson?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #69: Jan 20, 2015 04:59:04 pm
      Actually feeling quietly optimistic about this game.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #70: Jan 20, 2015 05:04:30 pm
      And BTW I'd have the heating in their dressing room upto maximum. There ought to be condensation running down the walls. Anyone who's been to Anfield for a midweek game under the lights this time of year will know it'll be absolutely f*cking freezing tonight. Let the f***ers come out of a steaming dressing room into an atmosphere that's red hot but a temperature that freezes Willians affro. On the same subject, I hope all our players resist the temptation to wear gloves/tights and all that old bollocks. Sends out completely the wrong message. Should be short sleeved shirts only tonight.

;D

I like your thinking, although we could get into a bit of trouble if they all fall down with pneumonia :D

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #71: Jan 20, 2015 05:10:08 pm
      2-1 win for us I think, making the 2nd leg very nerve racking....
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #72: Jan 20, 2015 05:14:27 pm
      Get Coutinho high up the pitch, playing right infront of Terry, cause them all sorts of problems.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #73: Jan 20, 2015 05:17:49 pm
      Actually feeling quietly optimistic about this game.

Same here.
      No reason for it at all, but still feeling it.
      ynwavk
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #74: Jan 20, 2015 05:44:53 pm
      Links for the match http://www.footballstreamings.com/live-streams.html

Comon reds... YNWA
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #75: Jan 20, 2015 06:04:52 pm
       :couch: :couch:Feeling very optimistic about this one:-)
      But saying that I was very optimistic about city battering arsenal on Sunday .
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #76: Jan 20, 2015 06:08:40 pm
      Same as me mate, all night.....

:couch:
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #77: Jan 20, 2015 06:08:56 pm
      Right up for this one much as I have for a while. Hope we bash them
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #78: Jan 20, 2015 06:14:45 pm
      Got home in time to see this one and can't wait!!

Haven't seen the lads play in ages, apart from catch up, and hope we smash this lot.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #79: Jan 20, 2015 06:30:00 pm
      I would like to see the trio Coutinho-Sterling-Markovic
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #80: Jan 20, 2015 06:30:25 pm
      Class versus Cash..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,226 posts | 2805 
      Reply #81: Jan 20, 2015 06:30:47 pm
      Start luis Garcia
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Pre Match: League Cup S/F 1st leg Liverpool v Chelsea 20/1/15 7.45
      Reply #82: Jan 20, 2015 06:34:44 pm
      Let's do these fuckers over!

F***ing hate Chelsea.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #83: Jan 20, 2015 06:39:02 pm
      reading on twitter
      same line up as saturday, bar Gerrard for borini

C'mon reds lets do these plastics

YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #84: Jan 20, 2015 06:41:27 pm
      Come on you red men  we aint lost a semi against maureen at anfield  lets keep it going anfield make some noise we owe these cu*ts  so let em have it .
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #85: Jan 20, 2015 06:41:54 pm
      Lets smash these! Hate em!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #86: Jan 20, 2015 06:44:25 pm
      We should always expect win at home, regardless of who the opposition is, however, whether we will win tonight I am unsure. Over the 2 legs and no away goal bonus, I think we'll be knocked out. We seem to struggle vs the big teams away from home.

Just hope we have an encouraging performance, a great atmosphere and that I'm wrong :)
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #87: Jan 20, 2015 06:45:57 pm
      Both teams going for it with those line ups
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #88: Jan 20, 2015 06:46:28 pm
      This pre-match topic is now locked.

Live in game and post match thread is here - http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,47308.0.html

Quick Reply