Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre Match: League Cup S/F 1st leg Liverpool v Chelsea 20/1/15 7.45

Read 10726 times
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Re: League Cup S/F 1st leg Liverpool v Chelsea 20/1/15 7.45 KO pre-match thread
      Reply #46: Jan 20, 2015 01:02:01 pm
      Team doing the rounds

Mignolet
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Lucas-Moreno
      Stevie-Coutinho
      Sterling

Decent.

I have a sneaky feeling Mario will have a little say in this one - providing he makes the squad.

come on with 15mins to go and score the winner in a 2-1 win.

However, would brendo send on a striker with such a low work rate in such a game if 1-1? probably not. And with good reason. Would be a very positive change though (if keep on the likes of coutinho and sterling as well) and one that could have massive connotations for the team and player if comes off!!

I'll put my crystal balls away now anyway - just thought I'd share my premonition!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #47: Jan 20, 2015 01:03:25 pm
      I'm not saying I want the game postponed,  but it's another factor to consider.
      As is the possibility, however slim, of an asteroid strike.  :o
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #48: Jan 20, 2015 01:16:24 pm
      Team doing the rounds

Mignolet
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Lucas-Moreno
      Stevie-Coutinho
      Sterling

Thought Lallana was more fit to play than Stevie?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #49: Jan 20, 2015 01:27:47 pm
      Did lfcacrossthewater really say that Rafa did the job in the snow?

Got a good feeling about this I think will do them 2-1.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: Jan 20, 2015 01:30:34 pm
      Team doing the rounds

Mignolet
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Lucas-Moreno
      Stevie-Coutinho
      Sterling

Straight from the Echo's most popular team.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,150 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #51: Jan 20, 2015 01:32:26 pm
      I F**KING HATE THESE PLASTIC PR*CKS WITH A PASSION SO CAN WE PLEASE DO THEM. Thats all

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #52: Jan 20, 2015 01:38:44 pm
      I F**KING HATE THESE PLASTIC PR*CKS WITH A PASSION SO CAN WE PLEASE DO THEM. Thats all

Whatever eloquence/writing skills I have go out the motherf#*king window when we play these plastic, criminally-owned evil market-bending f#*king tw@ts who give players away for free them buy them back for 25m and then snipe other clubs' targets only to let them rot on the bench.

Stevie hat trick please. Fu#*king hate these c#*ts.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #53: Jan 20, 2015 01:57:21 pm
      Is Sturridge supposed to be available for tonight's game?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #54: Jan 20, 2015 02:05:52 pm
      Is Sturridge supposed to be available for tonight's game?

No mate Brendan said it will be a game too soon for Danny.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #55: Jan 20, 2015 02:09:27 pm
      Straight from the Echo's most popular team.

That's how I'd like to see us.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #56: Jan 20, 2015 02:39:33 pm
      We're so F***ing inept at beating Mourinho it pisses me off to no end. Let's change that starting tonight.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #57: Jan 20, 2015 03:04:14 pm
      I just want to watch a good game from our lads,i want them to give their best and try to beat those scums.I wonder who will try to mark Costa,that guy is a tough and dirty player,gotta watch him out.I expec t Coutinho and Markovic to play well tonight and i wish our defence doesnt set us back.All the best lads tonight.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #58: Jan 20, 2015 03:14:52 pm
      I F***ing detest Mourinho. I hate him more than Fergie and Moyes put together.

How I'd love us to go out and batter them 3-0 tonight and listen to his excuses in the after match interviews.

I'd love to see that carthorse John Terry get sent off in the first minute, Gerrard nestles a pen and we take it from there.

F**k what happened last season, go at them again with pace and energy and lets see if they can handle it. Let them park the bus and try and slow the game down, F**k them, just keep going at them reds.

I have a bad feeling about this game but I'm just praying its one of those nights at Anfield and the football gods are looking down on us.

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #59: Jan 20, 2015 03:15:50 pm
      cant see it... I'd take penalties now!!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #60: Jan 20, 2015 03:29:25 pm
      Need to keep it tight and play on the counter tonight. Chelsea are going to come at us guns blazing. They will try to put the tie to bed tonight because Jose will rest most of their stars in the return leg due to the match against City a few days later. If we can grind out a 0-0 tonight then I fancy our chances to win it in the return leg.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,930 posts | 4991 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #61: Jan 20, 2015 03:40:25 pm
      I think Maureen will adopt the same tactics as of last season, we're at home so the onus is on us to take the game to them,
      We do not sit back at home,

That wee kunt knows this and will come looking for a win, forget all the niceties about Ste Maureen & his chavs are as welcome as a doze of the clap,

If I could get my way I'd have Sakho snap Costa in two within the first minute, and in the second minute have Lucas stamp on Fab's neck,

Seriously tho ,
      Over two legs we can get thru these fuckers but we can't afford to lose at home,

Can see us doing them over but obviously very tight,
      2-1 Redmen

YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #62: Jan 20, 2015 03:44:38 pm
      I expect a big game from Captain Fantastic tonight.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #63: Jan 20, 2015 04:04:56 pm
      I think they'll come at us and try put it to bed tonight. They play Man City in the potential title decider a week on Saturday, and they'll want to give themselves the freedom of resting a few for the second leg.

Most won't agree I know, but I'd definately bring the future captain back into the team here. If we really are going to go with three at the back and have Markovic picking up Hazard, then we need a quality defender inside Lazar to help him out. It's time for Dejan tonight.

Further forward given my hunch that we're going to be defending fairly deep for longish periods, I'd go with Super Mario up top. I've a feeling a big game from Balotelli is going to crop up sooner or later (law of averages and all that) and tonight could be his night. He also gives me a feeling he could wind John Terry up sufficiently to get himself sent off.

I don't think either of these controversial selections will happen as I think we'll go with the much touted team from above. Either way around we're up against it as they are the best team in our league by a fair margin. Can we do it over two legs? Sure we can. Will we? Well we'll need to ensure they don't play at their best while being on top of our game. We'll probably need a bit of luck too, but hopefully we can yes.     
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #64: Jan 20, 2015 04:26:34 pm

Most won't agree I know, but I'd definately bring the future captain back into the team here. If we really are going to go with three at the back and have Markovic picking up Hazard, then we need a quality defender inside Lazar to help him out. It's time for Dejan tonight.

Two clean sheets in a row without Lovren starting. Sorry mate but "future captain" stays put on the bench.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #65: Jan 20, 2015 04:34:42 pm
      Lovren shouldn't be near the starting XI, we've got one liability in Mignolet to carry, we don't need another.

Gerrard coming back in, it'd be up top for me, keep the Lucas and Hendo partnership, they work well together. Can move Coutinho out wide or just utilise Gerrard late on, neither will happen though and Stevie will slot in beside Lucas in what will probably be our biggest weakness.

Agree with everyone saying they'll come looking for blood and to kill the tie tonight, we must be prepared for it and play smart. Big test for Brendan tonight, I'd happily take a draw and keep the tie well and truly alive for the 2nd leg.

Heart says we can win.
      Head says we'll get beat.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #66: Jan 20, 2015 04:39:26 pm
      Will be heading to a cold Anfield tonight hoping for a passionate performance. Must start well and must score in that good start to stand a chance in the tie for me.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #67: Jan 20, 2015 04:45:26 pm
      And BTW I'd have the heating in their dressing room upto maximum. There ought to be condensation running down the walls. Anyone who's been to Anfield for a midweek game under the lights this time of year will know it'll be absolutely f*cking freezing tonight. Let the f***ers come out of a steaming dressing room into an atmosphere that's red hot but a temperature that freezes Willians affro. On the same subject, I hope all our players resist the temptation to wear gloves/tights and all that old bollocks. Sends out completely the wrong message. Should be short sleeved shirts only tonight.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #68: Jan 20, 2015 04:58:57 pm
      I expect a big game from Captain Fantastic tonight.

Henderson?

Quick Reply