Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Simon Mignolet
      3 (4.2%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      9 (12.7%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      13 (18.3%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      16 (22.5%)
      Jose Enrique
      1 (1.4%)
      Javi Manquillo
      1 (1.4%)
      Phillip Coutinho
      9 (12.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (2.8%)
      Lazar Markovic
      7 (9.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      5 (7%)
      Fabio Borini
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: Jan 28, 2015 07:28:46 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Bolton: In game and Post Match debrief

Read 26826 times
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Bolton: In game and Post Match debrief
      Reply #322: Jan 25, 2015 08:09:53 am
      Not the main commentator but the 2nd commentator on the match was doing my f**king head in. You could tell from the off he was hoping we would get done.

I wanted to throw something at the tv when with 25 mins to go ( and he kept repeating it till the final whistle) he said, I can't believe Brendan hasn't put Rickie Lambert on YET...u fucktard, we had already made our 3 subs...Lazar, Lucas and Borini.

Dumb pr**k, we don't get 4 subs you moron.

Seriously that was driving me insane. How did he not notice that we made three subs?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #323: Jan 25, 2015 08:58:31 am
      Sometimes you just have to say fair play. Yes it should have been a red, but really I think Bolton deserved their draw off the back of good discipline and an inspired goalkeeping performance from Bogdan.

As for us think we played quite well but our lack of a natural goalscorer and some poor decision making from our creative players held us back.

Poor decision making from their 12th man was also a drawback, that gimp is no friend of LFC - the Sunday pub league must be ecstatic the F***ing idiot no longer blights their pre-piss up day out.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6713 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #324: Jan 25, 2015 09:49:37 am
      Seriously that was driving me insane. How did he not notice that we made three subs?

Exactly mate, probably beacuse he was too busy hoping we'd get done. F***ing arsewipe.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #325: Jan 25, 2015 09:54:25 am
      In hindsight a big mistake not having Stevie on the bench, as much as Sterling and Coutinho are exciting to watch they just cannot be relied on to hit the back of the net. Apart from Sturridge the only other player in our squad who has that quality was sitting in the stands.

And the club feel we don't need a striker  :-\

February is going to define our season with another game added to a already tough month!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #326: Jan 25, 2015 10:28:34 am
      If the owners refused to get a striker, get them to put on the striker booths for the replay against Bolton, perhaps they can do better.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #327: Jan 25, 2015 10:48:23 am
      Grrr...
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #328: Jan 25, 2015 11:01:25 am
      Not the main commentator but the 2nd commentator on the match was doing my f**king head in. You could tell from the off he was hoping we would get done.

I wanted to throw something at the tv when with 25 mins to go ( and he kept repeating it till the final whistle) he said, I can't believe Brendan hasn't put Rickie Lambert on YET...u fucktard, we had already made our 3 subs...Lazar, Lucas and Borini.

Dumb pr**k, we don't get 4 subs you moron.

You didn't hear Efan Ekoku by any chance?

He was the second commentator on the coverage I saw and did my head in, thinking about it he always does, he's another sh*t one.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,992 posts | 223 
      Reply #329: Jan 25, 2015 11:54:36 am
      Sometimes you just have to say fair play. Yes it should have been a red, but really I think Bolton deserved their draw off the back of good discipline and an inspired goalkeeping performance from Bogdan.

As for us think we played quite well but our lack of a natural goalscorer and some poor decision making from our creative players held us back.

Anyway with some of the results that have popped up this weekend, I will gladly accept a replay. Sturridge could be back for that one too.

a natural goalscorer was sitting on the bench
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #330: Jan 25, 2015 12:00:51 pm
      The  side sadly lacking a decent striker up front, also did not help matters, with one eye on Tuesday's match against Chelsea, it seems that the FA cup falls into second place.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #331: Jan 25, 2015 12:04:58 pm
      a natural goalscorer was sitting on the bench
      We don't have a natural goalscorer who's fit.
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #332: Jan 25, 2015 12:13:52 pm
      There's a whisper the club have offered a new contract!

Please let that be a wind up would be criminal  giving him an improved offer after  the dross performances he has delivered.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #333: Jan 25, 2015 12:25:24 pm
      Really good performance last time out against Chelsea but to no shock or disbelief, we let ourselves down in the following game.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #334: Jan 25, 2015 12:40:13 pm
      Really good performance last time out against Chelsea but to no shock or disbelief, we let ourselves down in the following game.

Think we can only manage one game a week, how you can't lift yourself up for a FA cup tie at home is beyond me.
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #335: Jan 25, 2015 01:01:27 pm
      Think we can only manage one game a week, how you can't lift yourself up for a FA cup tie at home is beyond me.

I didn't see a lack of effort. We created chances but couldn't put them away. We're also lacking a bit of rhythm but then that happens when you bring a few in from the cold such as Enrique, Allen, Manquillio etc.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #336: Jan 25, 2015 01:30:54 pm
      The  side sadly lacking a decent striker up front, also did not help matters, with one eye on Tuesday's match against Chelsea, it seems that the FA cup falls into second place.
      Although I'd prefer to win the FA cup, given that we're only 90 mins away from the League Cup final, it is right to prioritize that ATM.  Our second team should be strong enough to win anyway.
      Tadders

• 6,742 posts | 569 
      Reply #337: Jan 25, 2015 01:38:49 pm
      Have we ever beaten a team with neil Lennon in or managed by?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #338: Jan 25, 2015 01:48:23 pm
      Hopefully Bolton will come out in the replay and not park the horse and cart
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #339: Jan 25, 2015 05:22:15 pm
      Thought we played well. Fluid and consistent with our style lately. Just couldn't get it right in their box. Still unbeaten run continues. Fa cup is a nightmare for upsets and it didn't look like we were going that way for most of that game.
      Begs
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | 13 
      Reply #340: Jan 25, 2015 05:55:45 pm
      I thought we looked OK. Nothing really 'wow-ed' me but I didn't feel like throwing my remote thru the TV hahaha.

I just don't understand our inconsistencies...we looked like a different team against Chelsea...and then we draw against Bolton???

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6713 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #341: Jan 26, 2015 04:51:31 am
      You didn't hear Efan Ekoku by any chance?

He was the second commentator on the coverage I saw and did my head in, thinking about it he always does, he's another sh*t one.

Could have been mate, don't know their names, just listen to their drivel.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #342: Jan 26, 2015 08:09:29 am
      With other results that happened it puts the FA Cup into perspective - you are on a hiding to nothing when you play a lower league team.

I thought we played pretty well on the whole, and had more than enough chances to win it comfortably.  Just need a goalscorer.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #343: Jan 26, 2015 10:13:46 am
      Lack of a striker cost us that game and the fact their GK pulled off some great saves. only bug bearer is we have a packed Squad but not the quality to win games. BR needs to sell at least 5 players but then only buy 2-3 top quality 25+yr olds with experiance to come in. if we buy to many in the summer we will never be title contenders as team needs to gel.
      thought we controlled the Bolton game but the urgancy only came into it last 20 when players realised if they dont win its another fixture to add to the mix
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #344: Jan 26, 2015 10:23:08 am
      We played ok for most parts but looked a bit clueless in the final third. Our performance doesn't deserve the amount of criticism its had I don't think. Their goalie had a good game and we could have easily won it by 3 or 4 if it wasn't for him.

Sterling was really starting to frustrate me. He can do the hard part fine but when it comes to picking out an easy pass or getting a shot in at goal he shits himself.

Lallana was disappointing. That's arguably the worst I've seen him play in a Liverpool shirt.

Henderson played well but he needs to step up now and involve himself more with goals, assists and attacks in general. He still doesn't contribute enough for me.

Can't remember Manquillo or Joe Allen touching the ball other than them booting it out of play and losing possession for us. Don't want either near the team ever again. Not good enough.

Gave Sakho MOTM, can't remember him putting a foot wrong. He has been a beast since he has come into the side. Our defence looks a lot more steady with him in there.

Quick Reply