Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Sergi Canos (Liverpool -> Norwich City)

Read 17865 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Sergi Canos Player Thread
      Reply #46: May 08, 2016 08:02:26 am
      Scored a goal and bagged an assist in the 1-5 win at Huddersfield.

Link to the goal:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideos/liverpools-sergi-canos-scored-just-20-seconds-brentford-official-video/

Awful defending, but such a cheeky finish! Outside of the right foot... Who does that remind you guys of? :D

Getting very excited to hopefully seeing this lad play more often next season!

A shark, ooo Suarez :D The King of Uruguay
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #47: May 08, 2016 09:48:29 am
      Sign him to a long term contract and loan him back to them. Unlike quite a few of our loanees, he actually gets game time at the club he's at and in a very decent team too.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #48: May 08, 2016 10:56:36 am
      He's had a fantastic season and he's loved by their fans but if we make it into Europe next season I'd prefer him here as he'll get plenty of top level experience. 

If we make CL I'm sure he's still eligible for the UEFA Youth Trophy too.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #49: May 08, 2016 10:58:05 am
      Sign him to a long term contract and loan him back to them. Unlike quite a few of our loanees, he actually gets game time at the club he's at and in a very decent team too.

I say get him playing in our team asap. We don't want to be loaning people out every year because it literally never works. Training with our players and getting some game time will bring him on more. He's got his year of playing in the lower leagues, a second will do him no good.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #50: May 08, 2016 11:15:47 am
      I say get him playing in our team asap. We don't want to be loaning people out every year because it literally never works. Training with our players and getting some game time will bring him on more. He's got his year of playing in the lower leagues, a second will do him no good.

To say it literally never works is a lazy assumption.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #51: May 08, 2016 11:17:12 am
      To say it literally never works is a lazy assumption.

Prove me wrong then.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #52: May 08, 2016 11:41:59 am
      I too would love to see him return and given an opportunity. 

If our spine is fixed in the summer, I think we can get away with Canos and Ojo as cover for our wide players and slowly embed them in.

Also, I am curious, has there been a wide player in the last decade that has topped 39 games, 7 goals and 4 assists in his first professional season in the Championship?
      Liverdublian
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #53: May 09, 2016 01:53:19 pm
      Well done lads, cheers for the post. Haven't seen this young fella until today. Some real talent and composure fore such a young lad. Seems to be improving also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrtXavSpOC4
      Liverdublian
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #54: May 09, 2016 01:54:28 pm

What an absolute beaut! Nice post
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #55: May 09, 2016 07:51:12 pm
      now that the championship season is over and he's back, can he play on wednesday v chelsea? if not last game v west brom?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #56: May 11, 2016 01:16:20 pm
      Quote from:  head coach Dean Smith
      "We'd like Sergi Canos to come back next season, he has done excellently for us and got a goal to set us on our way. He just has an energy and enthusiasm to play football and he puts smiles on people's faces. But he is only 19 and still learning the game and still needs to know where to go without the ball at times.

He has been an absolute pleasure to work with and I'd like to think that we've played a part in his development so far. We hope he has a bright future and if there's an opportunity for him to come back to us we'd love it."

http://www.kingstonguardian.co.uk/sport/football/14485133.Brentford__Liverpool_youngster_Sergi_Canos_would_be_welcome_back_at_Griffin_Park/
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #57: May 11, 2016 11:32:16 pm
      What a return would this be! (JĆ¼rgen in his post-game presser)

Sergi Canos poised for surprise Liverpool debut against West Brom

Sergi Canos is poised for a surprise Liverpool debut in their final Premier League game of the season at West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.

Canos will train with the first team at Melwood tomorrow having returned from a successful season-long loan at Championship side Brentford.

The 19-year-old Spanish midfielder scored seven goals in 39 appearances for the Bees, and won the club's goal of the season award following a spectacular strike at Reading in December.

And Reds boss JĆ¼rgen Klopp has revealed Canos is in contention for a first Liverpool appearance as part of what is expected to be a much-changed line-up at the Hawthorns at the weekend.

ā€œSergi will be training tomorrow because he is back with us,ā€ said Klopp.

ā€œHe knows more about English football and it's possible he's available for Sunday. That's unbelievable and great.

ā€œWe will see how he feels. He did really good at Brentford and had a lot of time to play. For him it was really good. The Championship is a really strong league and he did well.ā€

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sergi-canos-poised-surprise-liverpool-11320554

Ojo and Canos on either side of Benteke, wouldn't mind seeing that against West-Brom.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #58: May 13, 2016 09:25:54 pm
      now that the championship season is over and he's back, can he play on wednesday v chelsea? if not last game v west brom?

guess klopp answered my question then, v west brom it will be.

good luck to you sergi. shine for us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #59: May 24, 2016 12:46:51 pm
      Disappointed to hear Canos is looking for a move to another club preferably in London.

Thought he might make an impact next season but maybe he isn't in Klopp's plans.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #60: May 24, 2016 12:50:57 pm
      Disappointed to hear Canos is looking for a move to another club preferably in London.

Thought he might make an impact next season but maybe he isn't in Klopp's plans.

Yeah, with us not in Europe, realistically, his only chance of first team action with us would Carling Cup or out on loan, but with 1 year left on his contract, I suspect he'll be leaving.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #61: May 25, 2016 08:08:03 am
      Think it's probably the right move considering we're not in Europe. If we want at least one, if not two attacking signings, then there's not a chance he'll see any time on the pitch next season. I think this will be the case with a lot of our young players who are a level below the likes of Brannagan and Ojo.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #62: Jun 26, 2016 11:25:44 pm
      I'll be sad to see him go but if the deal goes through at least we've had the sense to add both a buy back option and a sell on fee.

Sergi Canos Liverpool career looks over as Bristol City line up transfer

22:30, 26 Jun 2016
          By Kristian Walsh

Canos and his representatives have been involved in a stand-off over wages

Sergi Canosā€™ Liverpool career looks to be coming to an end, with Bristol City lining up a move for the teenager.

The Spanish midfielder has been involved in a stand-off over a new contract at Anfield, and the ECHO understands he is likely to move to the Championship club in a Ā£2.5m deal.

It is understood that would also include a sizeable sell-on clause, while there is also a buy-back option.

Canos made his first team debut for the club on the final day of last season against West Bromwich Albion, coming on as a late substitute.

It was reward for the 19-year-oldā€™s impressive displays on loan at Brentford throughout the 2015-16 campaign.

However, Canos and his representatives have failed to reach an agreement over a new contract, with wage demands of Ā£10,000-a-week believed to be a considerable sticking point.

A deal of that value would put him on better terms than other Academy graduates who have signed new deals with the Reds recently.

Canos joined the Redsā€™ Academy from Barcelona and scored seven goals in 38 appearances with Brentford last season.

After making his Liverpool debut, he hailed it as ā€˜the best 10 minutesā€™ of his life.

Speaking after his Reds debut at The Hawthorns, Canos said: ā€œWhen people say dreams come true, they are right. Today one of my dreams came true.

ā€œIā€™ve had hunger from the first day I came to Liverpool three years ago. I hope Iā€™ll be able to train with the senior squad more in future and show the manager that I can play for Liverpool.

ā€œMy family told me itā€™s sad the season is finishing. Itā€™s been the best season of my life.

ā€œI made my debut in the Championship, I scored my first professional goal and now Iā€™ve made my debut for Liverpool. I am really happy.

ā€œIā€™ll be back for pre-season and ready to go 200%.ā€
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Jun 26, 2016 11:27:19 pm
      I'll be sad to see him go but if the deal goes through at least we've had the sense to add both a buy back option and a sell on fee.

Sergi Canos Liverpool career looks over as Bristol City line up transfer

22:30, 26 Jun 2016
          By Kristian Walsh

Sergi Canosā€™ Liverpool career looks to be coming to an end, with Bristol City lining up a move for the teenager.

The Spanish midfielder has been involved in a stand-off over a new contract at Anfield, and the ECHO understands he is likely to move to the Championship club in a Ā£2.5m deal.

It is understood that would also include a sizeable sell-on clause, while there is also a buy-back option.

Canos made his first team debut for the club on the final day of last season against West Bromwich Albion, coming on as a late substitute.

It was reward for the 19-year-oldā€™s impressive displays on loan at Brentford throughout the 2015-16 campaign.

However, Canos and his representatives have failed to reach an agreement over a new contract, with wage demands of Ā£10,000-a-week believed to be a considerable sticking point.

A deal of that value would put him on better terms than other Academy graduates who have signed new deals with the Reds recently.

Canos joined the Redsā€™ Academy from Barcelona and scored seven goals in 38 appearances with Brentford last season.

After making his Liverpool debut, he hailed it as ā€˜the best 10 minutesā€™ of his life.

Speaking after his Reds debut at The Hawthorns, Canos said: ā€œWhen people say dreams come true, they are right. Today one of my dreams came true.

ā€œIā€™ve had hunger from the first day I came to Liverpool three years ago. I hope Iā€™ll be able to train with the senior squad more in future and show the manager that I can play for Liverpool.

ā€œMy family told me itā€™s sad the season is finishing. Itā€™s been the best season of my life.

ā€œI made my debut in the Championship, I scored my first professional goal and now Iā€™ve made my debut for Liverpool. I am really happy.

ā€œIā€™ll be back for pre-season and ready to go 200%.ā€

Like you, I like the addition of a sell on clause and buy back price.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: Jun 26, 2016 11:35:24 pm
      Like you, I like the addition of a sell on clause and buy back price.

It's about time we did mate, not that any of our youngsters have become superstars after they left but never the less it's possible one could get away that we'd be kicking ourselves over.

What I don't get with these kids though is if he's going over the money we've offered, he'll be taking far less going to Bristol.  I know he'll get to play more and if he does really well could get a bigger move in a couple of seasons but after being so excited about his 10 minute cameo it just seems weird that he's off a couple of months later.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #65: Jun 27, 2016 12:10:06 am

Seems to be a recurring problem.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #66: Jun 27, 2016 12:21:41 am
      Disappointed that following the path of rossiter and Sinclair out the door although rossiter has more chance of playing first team football.good luck sergi
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #67: Jun 27, 2016 08:05:47 am
      Another youngster more interested in what he can earn rather than develop under a top coach.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #68: Jun 27, 2016 09:55:57 am
      Seems to be a recurring problem.

When he's asking for more than the other youngsters his age and older, who have already signed new contracts mate I don't blame the club.  He's behind Mane (when he signs), Markovic, Ibe and even Ojo for his position and like I said in the post he'll not be earning anything like Ā£10k per week at Bristol, which is what he was wanting off us.

Yes we can afford it but he's played the grand total of 10 minutes for us, so he hasn't earned it.

Good luck to him and at least we've had the sense to add a buy back clause and a hefty sell on clause too.

Quick Reply