Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pedro Chirivella (Liverpool > Nantes)

Read 30706 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Pedro Chirivella Player Thread
      Reply #23: Sep 18, 2015 09:11:47 pm
      Thanks for posting the highlights clip.  Interesting to look at.

Almost every ball went forwards and it's where he is looking as soon as he received it.  Good lad.

Indeed, he's an outstanding young talent.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #24: Sep 18, 2015 10:40:54 pm
      Looked a good player to me, has a future in the game for sure.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Sep 19, 2015 01:37:13 pm
      Think he played one shocking pass in our half early on and then looked very composed from then on. Did well.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #26: Sep 22, 2015 05:15:16 am
      Better than Rossiter
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #27: Sep 22, 2015 01:02:24 pm

Defensively, no, passing, yes. They compliment each other and could form a formidable partnership.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #28: Feb 09, 2016 10:28:22 pm
      Have to say that he looks like a real talent. Pleased for him regardless of the result - definatly one to keep an eye on - would give him some prem game time for sure!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #29: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:35 pm
      Yeah, he did well out there tonight.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #30: Feb 09, 2016 10:30:38 pm
      Definitely like the look of Chirivella. The match thread was loaded with "he needs to bulk up!" posts. He's 18 years old. You can't seriously be shocked he's got the body of a teenager, right? He's got 3 years of growth left.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #31: Feb 10, 2016 01:11:19 am
      Definitely like the look of Chirivella. The match thread was loaded with "he needs to bulk up!" posts. He's 18 years old. You can't seriously be shocked he's got the body of a teenager, right? He's got 3 years of growth left.

I thought he looked boss!  I'll take a composed distributor over an engine or enforcer type CM any day!!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #32: Feb 10, 2016 01:50:39 am
      Agree with the above posters.
      Would certainly play him in some prem games.
      Looked very impressive and assured.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Feb 10, 2016 11:40:19 am
      Thought Pedro did well last night. 

To come in, in such a pivotal role, at 18, on his senior debut start, against a team sitting 6th in the PL, away from home and be so calm and composed was wonderful to see. 

Of course there were mistakes and naturally he tired late on in the game but he's 18!!

To see him without the ball he's nearly always in space, he's constantly looking all around, knows where his team mates are and the opposition, while demanding the ball to feet, he knows what he's going to do with it before it arrives.

Well played young man  :clap:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: Feb 10, 2016 12:14:07 pm
      Thought Pedro did well last night. 

To come in, in such a pivotal role, at 18, on his senior debut start, against a team sitting 6th in the PL, away from home and be so calm and composed was wonderful to see. 

Of course there were mistakes and naturally he tired late on in the game but he's 18!!

To see him without the ball he's nearly always in space, he's constantly looking all around, knows where his team mates are and the opposition, while demanding the ball to feet, he knows what he's going to do with it before it arrives.

Well played young man  :clap:

He complimented the 2 centre backs very well too as they looked to always play out from the back before anything else. It's hard to do with Can and Henderson at times as they go wandering elsewhere but Chirivella was always there and available.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: Feb 10, 2016 01:03:13 pm
      He complimented the 2 centre backs very well too as they looked to always play out from the back before anything else. It's hard to do with Can and Henderson at times as they go wandering elsewhere but Chirivella was always there and available.

He always makes himself available mate and his link up play with Tex and Cou, once everyone settled was excellent and he missed both of them once they want off as it kind of neutralised his quick one touch passing.

He's nowhere near ready to be playing regularly but once again all the lads showed they can be relied upon when needed.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #36: Feb 10, 2016 01:12:38 pm

Great post, but I wanted to isolate this bit.  It's so refreshing to see a player of ours with such great positional awareness!!  Most of the time our CM's gravitate towards the ball.  The way Pedro would slow down and find pockets of space to create passing lanes was reminiscent of old Xabi :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Feb 10, 2016 01:25:48 pm
      Great post, but I wanted to isolate this bit.  It's so refreshing to see a player of ours with such great positional awareness!!  Most of the time our CM's gravitate towards the ball.  The way Pedro would slow down and find pockets of space to create passing lanes was reminiscent of old Xabi :)

Cheers mate. 

I think it's his intelligence that sets him apart, it's something that's been missing out of the squad in recent months.  The way he receives the ball, how he knows where the space is all around him, how he knows he can let the ball run before turning and releasing it.

As for the Xabi ness, he draws similar fouls to him, he somehow manages to come out of a melee of 2 or 3 players with the ball if they don't foul him, he's not afraid to try something even if it fails and he's never flustered.

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #38: Feb 12, 2016 09:33:47 am
      What I liked about this lad is that he never tried to grab the headlines, it was just a composed, intelligent display and the comparisons with Xabi Alonso are not as ridiculous as some might think.  We looked controlled and always had a positive passing option thanks to his distribution and off-ball movement.  No headless chicken act as we've been seeing from Can and some of the more senior guys at times.

Have to say, Reddebs, you chief scout, you, I'm really excited about these young Reds and not one of them would be out of place in the first team against Villa.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #39: Feb 15, 2016 11:34:40 pm
      play him in the league Jürgen! Play him. It's the only way that he and we will see what he could be capable of
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #40: Mar 09, 2016 05:02:13 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #41: Mar 09, 2016 05:02:26 pm

New contract

The 18-year-old is enjoying a breakthrough season at first-team level with the Reds, making a senior debut as a substitute against Bordeaux in September.

Chirivella, who joined the club’s Academy from Valencia in the summer of 2013, has made four appearances in total – including a maiden start at West Ham United in the FA Cup.

After inking the deal at the training ground, he told Liverpoolfc.com: “It feels really good. I have worked really hard in the last year. I’m very proud to sign a new contract with one of the best teams in Europe.

“When Liverpool wanted me to sign here, I had no doubt about it. But when I came here, I needed to perform really well because the club trusted me and I had to give them a reason why.

“With pressure and [being] away from family, there are a lot of things that make it difficult, but now I’m pleased to be doing really well here.”
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #42: Mar 09, 2016 05:06:57 pm
      Fantastic news.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #43: Mar 09, 2016 05:16:33 pm
      Congratulations Pedro, now you just need to eat a few more scouse pies.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #44: Mar 09, 2016 05:18:17 pm
      Looks an exciting prospect, good bit of business getting him signed up for the foreseeable.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #45: Mar 09, 2016 05:22:57 pm
      Happy he has signed, but next season, he needs to either go on loan or play a good few games for us to really progress.

Him , Rossiter, Canos, Ojo, Kent and Brannagan are the players I'm most excited about.

Quick Reply