Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool > Cardiff City)

Read 66045 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Sheyi Ojo Player Thread
      Reply #115: Apr 18, 2016 12:39:56 am
      If you watch him run, he runs and dribbles like a young Pele ... just hope he turns out half as good :)
      Maybe it's because he is two footed?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953rOfQ8Y0w

That's exactly what I said to my son, after that dribble this morning. I didn't say Pele, I said a 1970's Brazilian. I didn't want to go too far and Gerson did a similar dribble anyway.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #116: Apr 23, 2016 06:37:08 pm
      Another great cameo, hopefully we get see more of him regularly.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #117: Apr 26, 2016 01:36:07 am
      Easy Aldo comparing him to Digger!
      Barnes was an exceptional player.
      In my top 5 of the last 30 years to wear our beloved shirt.
      The very first game of the 87/88 (or was it 86/87?) season against arse I believe when he, Beardsley and Aldridge, all making their debuts combined to score. An aldridge header at the back post I think.
      What a trio.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #118: May 10, 2016 12:48:52 am
      Not a stat fan, but here you go for those that are:

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/729379089967124481
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #119: May 10, 2016 02:13:20 am
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #120: May 10, 2016 12:58:48 pm
      Fully expect this lad to overtake ibe in the pecking order next season. I watched the game Sunday and all I saw ibe do was hold on to the ball to long and then lose it.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #121: May 11, 2016 10:17:19 pm
      He makes things happen. Has much more end product than Sterling or Ibe had at his age. I'm not going to say he'll be as good as Sterling or other nonsense like that, but for him to already have the end product at such a young age is really good for us. It'll make it easier to integrate him into the team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #122: May 12, 2016 02:32:51 pm
      He makes things happen. Has much more end product than Sterling or Ibe had at his age. I'm not going to say he'll be as good as Sterling or other nonsense like that, but for him to already have the end product at such a young age is really good for us. It'll make it easier to integrate him into the team.

He has a LOT of composure and confidence for his age. He seems to be able to slow the game down and nothing looks too big for him.

Excited to see what he offers next year.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #123: May 12, 2016 02:39:13 pm
      A four minute cameo and he showed his class again with two crosses, one square pass and almost an assist cross. Nice pace on the ball for the cross.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #124: May 12, 2016 02:40:18 pm
      He has a LOT of composure and confidence for his age. He seems to be able to slow the game down and nothing looks too big for him.

Excited to see what he offers next year.

Just needs to continually play games, then where Coutinho was telling him to move to before the cross for Benteke's goal will come naturally to him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #125: May 12, 2016 06:16:12 pm
      Something like 4 assists in 350mins of football.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #126: Jun 21, 2016 09:45:34 am
      Nice compilation of all his goals, assists and general Ojoness from last season  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIUXk-o5c5I
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #127: Jul 02, 2016 01:59:57 pm
      Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo to miss at least 4 games of pre-season

Promising young winger Sheyi Ojo is set to miss a large portion of Liverpool’s pre-season schedule on duty with the England U19s.

Ojo was called up to Aidy Boothroyd’s squad for the European U19 Championship in Germany throughout July.

England are among eight teams to take part in the group stage, alongside Austria, Croatia, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and the host nation.

The Young Lions have been drawn in Group B, with France, Croatia and the Netherlands.

England’s last group game is on July 18, meaning Ojo miss Liverpool’s first four pre-season outings against Tranmere Rovers on July 8, Fleetwood Town on July 13, Wigan Athletic on July 17 and almost certainly Huddersfield Town on July 20.

Furthermore, if England then reach the final at the Arena Sinsheim on July 24, and Ojo is granted time off after the tournament, the 19-year-old would miss some of Liverpool’s tour of the US.

Klopp’s side take on Chelsea (July 27), AC Milan (July 30) and AS Roma (August 1) on their jaunt, before returning to take on Barcelona at Wembley Stadium on August 6.

Liverpool round off their pre-season schedule with a clash away to Klopp’s former club, Mainz, on August 7, before the Premier League campaign begins at Arsenal on August 13.

While competition for a starting role in Klopp’s attack is expected to be fierce this summer, ahead of a crucial 2016/17, Ojo will be hoping to earn a regular role under the German.

The £30 million signing of Sadio Mane, along with the return of Lazar Markovic from a season-long loan spell with Fenerbahce, adds to Klopp’s regular group of wingers in Philippe Coutinho, Adam Lallana, James Milner and Jordon Ibe.

Ojo moved ahead of Ibe in Klopp’s thinking through his strong performances in the second half of 2015/16, and showcased the potential to develop into a top-level attacker on Merseyside.

Though, as with the dormant Emre Can with Germany at this summer’s European Championship in France, Ojo will be gaining significant experience away with the England U19s, his unavailability for at least four of Liverpool’s pre-season fixtures is a blow.

Perhaps most importantly, the former MK Dons talent will return behind on fitness compared to his team-mates, who begin a rigorous schedule on Saturday.

Klopp and new fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer will put their charges through their paces with triple sessions, starting at 7am each day.

Liverpool FC pre-season 2016/17 dates:

July 8 – Tranmere Rovers (a) 7pm BST
      July 13 – Fleetwood Town (a) 7pm BST
      July 17 – Wigan Athletic (a) 4pm BST
      July 20 – Huddersfield Town (a) 7.45pm BST
      July 27 – Chelsea (Rose Bowl; Pasadena) 8:30pm PST (4.30am BST, July 28)
      July 30 – AC Milan (Levi’s Stadium; Santa Clara) 7pm PST (3am BST, July 31)
      Aug 1 – Roma (Busch Stadium; St. Louis) 7.30pm CT (1.30am BST, Aug 2)
      August 6 – Barcelona (Wembley) 5pm BST
      August 7 – Mainz (a) 2.45pm BST

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/07/sheyi-ojo-miss-least-3-games-pre-season-england-u19s-duty/

Let's hope Boothroyd doesn't injure him like he did with one of our lads (Rossiter or Gomez?) last season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #128: Jul 02, 2016 02:08:03 pm
      Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo to miss at least 4 games of pre-season

Promising young winger Sheyi Ojo is set to miss a large portion of Liverpool’s pre-season schedule on duty with the England U19s.

Ojo was called up to Aidy Boothroyd’s squad for the European U19 Championship in Germany throughout July.

England are among eight teams to take part in the group stage, alongside Austria, Croatia, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and the host nation.

The Young Lions have been drawn in Group B, with France, Croatia and the Netherlands.

England’s last group game is on July 18, meaning Ojo miss Liverpool’s first four pre-season outings against Tranmere Rovers on July 8, Fleetwood Town on July 13, Wigan Athletic on July 17 and almost certainly Huddersfield Town on July 20.

Furthermore, if England then reach the final at the Arena Sinsheim on July 24, and Ojo is granted time off after the tournament, the 19-year-old would miss some of Liverpool’s tour of the US.

Klopp’s side take on Chelsea (July 27), AC Milan (July 30) and AS Roma (August 1) on their jaunt, before returning to take on Barcelona at Wembley Stadium on August 6.

Liverpool round off their pre-season schedule with a clash away to Klopp’s former club, Mainz, on August 7, before the Premier League campaign begins at Arsenal on August 13.

While competition for a starting role in Klopp’s attack is expected to be fierce this summer, ahead of a crucial 2016/17, Ojo will be hoping to earn a regular role under the German.

The £30 million signing of Sadio Mane, along with the return of Lazar Markovic from a season-long loan spell with Fenerbahce, adds to Klopp’s regular group of wingers in Philippe Coutinho, Adam Lallana, James Milner and Jordon Ibe.

Ojo moved ahead of Ibe in Klopp’s thinking through his strong performances in the second half of 2015/16, and showcased the potential to develop into a top-level attacker on Merseyside.

Though, as with the dormant Emre Can with Germany at this summer’s European Championship in France, Ojo will be gaining significant experience away with the England U19s, his unavailability for at least four of Liverpool’s pre-season fixtures is a blow.

Perhaps most importantly, the former MK Dons talent will return behind on fitness compared to his team-mates, who begin a rigorous schedule on Saturday.

Klopp and new fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer will put their charges through their paces with triple sessions, starting at 7am each day.

Liverpool FC pre-season 2016/17 dates:

July 8 – Tranmere Rovers (a) 7pm BST
      July 13 – Fleetwood Town (a) 7pm BST
      July 17 – Wigan Athletic (a) 4pm BST
      July 20 – Huddersfield Town (a) 7.45pm BST
      July 27 – Chelsea (Rose Bowl; Pasadena) 8:30pm PST (4.30am BST, July 28)
      July 30 – AC Milan (Levi’s Stadium; Santa Clara) 7pm PST (3am BST, July 31)
      Aug 1 – Roma (Busch Stadium; St. Louis) 7.30pm CT (1.30am BST, Aug 2)
      August 6 – Barcelona (Wembley) 5pm BST
      August 7 – Mainz (a) 2.45pm BST

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/07/sheyi-ojo-miss-least-3-games-pre-season-england-u19s-duty/

Let's hope Boothroyd doesn't injure him like he did with one of our lads (Rossiter or Gomez?) last season.

Boothroyd is everything that is wrong with the FA. Disgusting that he is even in their setup but it went right up to the senior squad with Hodgson as boss.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #129: Jul 02, 2016 02:08:07 pm

He ruined both of them mate so let's hope Sheyi comes back in one piece. 
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #130: Jul 12, 2016 02:27:19 am
      Gomez was u-21,and hard to blame anyone for an acl no matter how much one hates the f.a.Anyways are the england u-19 games on,so we can check out Ojo?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #131: Jul 12, 2016 09:54:00 am
      It is a fantastic opportunity to play for England in the U19 European Championships, hope he impresses and be injury free.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #132: Jul 12, 2016 04:49:35 pm
      Fantastic news for Sheyi and what a boost that must be for him to go away on International duty knowing he'll not be missing out on the opportunity.  Must be a great confidence boost for him

For those interested, England play their first game tonight at 6.30pm on Eurosport.

Sheyi Ojo to join Liverpool squad for US tour after England U19s duty.

News

Jack Lusby on 12.07.2016

Speaking on duty with the England under-19s, Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo confirmed he will join the Reds’ pre-season tour of the US.

Ojo was called up to Aidy Boothroyd’s squad for the European U19 Championship in Germany, and if the Young Lions make it to the final on July 24, he will have missed four pre-season friendlies.

But while Klopp has given his senior international three weeks off following their exit from Euro 2016 and the Copa America Centenario, Ojo is to head straight back to action.

“I am using this tournament as the start of a new season,” he said this week.

“Hopefully we get to the final and win it and we will be done on the 24th or 25th of July.

“Then I am going straight to America after to meet up with the Liverpool squad so it could be an exciting few weeks.

“Jürgen Klopp has been great for me, giving me the opportunities he has done.

“I am very grateful for that. Hopefully if I get the same opportunities with England I can shine as well.”

The 18-year-old could be set for a regular role under Klopp this season, though he will be vying with the likes of Sadio Mane, Adam Lallana and Lazar Markovic for a starting berth on the flanks.

Ojo made 11 appearances for the Reds last term, after being recalled from a loan spell with Wolverhampton Wanderers in January.

His pace, skill and delivery from out wide have clearly impressed Klopp, who moved the teenager ahead of Jordon Ibe in his first-team plans.

Ibe is currently mulling over a move to Bournemouth, after Liverpool accepted the Cherries’ £15 million bid, with Ojo’s swift progress shunting him down the pecking order on Merseyside.

The Reds take on Chelsea, AC Milan and AS Roma during their US jaunt, before returning to take on Barcelona at Wembley Stadium.

They will round off their nine-game pre-season schedule with a clash against Klopp’s former side, Mainz 05, on August 7, before kicking off the new Premier League campaign away to Arsenal on August 13.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #133: Jul 12, 2016 06:06:49 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #134: Jul 12, 2016 06:12:36 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #135: Jul 12, 2016 06:21:10 pm
      On Eurosport 6.30 this. Rossiter starting too if anybody is arsed.

I'm watching  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #136: Jul 12, 2016 06:33:45 pm
      Didn't take him very long to get involved. Has an assist after 3 minutes.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #137: Jul 12, 2016 06:34:01 pm
      And Ojo forces an own goal for England to take the lead after 3 minutes  ;D

Quick Reply