Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      39 (36.4%)
      Emre Can
      5 (4.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      11 (10.3%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.9%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      18 (16.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      22 (20.6%)
      Raheem Sterling
      2 (1.9%)
      Mario Balotelli
      4 (3.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Rickie Lambert
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Jan 31, 2015 10:22:16 pm

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool (2-1 agg): In game and Post Match goalhunt

Read 50917 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool (2-1 agg): In game and Post Match goalhunt
      Reply #690: Jan 27, 2015 10:48:47 pm
      Reading it on here, sounds like we did play well and at times played them off the park. No consolation though and I feel F***ing heartbroken at the moment.

Hate losing to that shower of cu*ts.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #691: Jan 27, 2015 10:49:14 pm
      just wanted to hear some fellow reds opinions and utterly forgot that cundy had a job of spouting bollocks

You won't get many proper reds phoning talk sport mate

Just lids who know F**k all
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #692: Jan 27, 2015 10:50:17 pm
      Biggest gripe was the markovic sub, he didn't have a great game but we went back unnecessarily went back to 2 dm, overall we deserved to go through, costa is now showing everyone what i said for ages, hazard again showed the lie that he doesn't dive, truly unbelievable how he got Henderson booked, as for the striker debate if they don't play they won't score
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #693: Jan 27, 2015 10:50:50 pm
      Reasonably happy with the first half.  Started to tire quicker than Chelsea.

Substitutions were all wrong.  Not sure why Balotelli deserved a chance ahead of players like Lallana.

The 'change' in formation to accomodate Gerrard made things worse IMO.  Gerrard probably should have been sacrificed around the hour - Henderson isn't a right back.  I expected the likes of Lucas and Stevie to tire earlier so was surprised that it was Markovic and Moreno who got binned off.

Anyway, no goals from midfield - no goals from up front.  No surprises.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #694: Jan 27, 2015 10:51:18 pm
      You won't get many proper reds phoning talk sport mate

Just lids who know f**k all

just knee jerkers and federers mates
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #695: Jan 27, 2015 10:51:44 pm
      One thing that's not been mentioned Maureen a bigger c**t than the Elephant Man begging the 4th official for a yellow card with every challenge.

Has there ever been a person who more personifies the antithesis of the beautiful game than that shithouse.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #696: Jan 27, 2015 10:53:55 pm
      Reasonably happy with the first half.  Started to tire quicker than Chelsea.

Substitutions were all wrong.  Not sure why Balotelli deserved a chance ahead of players like Lallana.

The 'change' in formation to accomodate Gerrard made things worse IMO.  Gerrard probably should have been sacrificed around the hour - Henderson isn't a right back.  I expected the likes of Lucas and Stevie to tire earlier so was surprised that it was Markovic and Moreno who got binned off.

Anyway, no goals from midfield - no goals from up front.  No surprises.

Not saying we lost due to subs but they didn't help and to be fair were perplexing to say the least.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #697: Jan 27, 2015 10:54:43 pm

The 'change' in formation to accomodate Gerrard made things worse IMO.  Gerrard probably should have been sacrificed around the hour - Henderson isn't a right back. 

To be fair mate, I think the decision to change those were more to do with moving Henderson as he was walking the line and got away with the handball.. One more and he would have gone so I think he moved him more out of the way a bit
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #698: Jan 27, 2015 10:55:23 pm
      We narrowly lost (but were not beaten) over 2 legs to the team which will probably win the EPL this season.  I think we can take a lot from our two performances. FA Cup to look forward to!  We need one striker at least.  Its almost certain Johnson, Balotelli and Borini will leave at the end of the season. 
      No team wanting to make progress can afford to retain them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #699: Jan 27, 2015 10:57:11 pm
      Such an annoying team to play are chelsea. Methodical, monotonous, boring yet effective.

Beat us the same way every time, and we are always left wondering what could have been.

Put up a decent effort over the two legs, but they are just too professional for us still. I never really had the feeling we would score today even when Coutinho broke through.

Mario has to go by the way, he really does.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #700: Jan 27, 2015 10:57:54 pm
      To be fair mate, I think the decision to change those were more to do with moving Henderson as he was walking the line and got away with the handball.. One more and he would have gone so I think he moved him more out of the way a bit

He was moved more or less to RB though, against Costa and Hazard. That's a second yellow waiting to happen, so that didn't make much sense to me either.

Bit bemused by the subs today, and agree, we probably didn't lose based on the subs, but lost on the fact there was no great goalscorer on the pitch for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #701: Jan 27, 2015 11:09:26 pm
      I F***ing hate them and their c**t fans.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #702: Jan 27, 2015 11:11:39 pm
      I f**king hate them and their c**t fans.

They really are a nothing club

I really F***ing dislike them, they are embarrassing as an institution
      MattJL
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #703: Jan 27, 2015 11:13:20 pm
      Don't have any problem with the performance, nor do I think anyone should have; on another day we would've scored. Just questioning the tactics - we have Lallana sitting on the bench and Balotelli is the last player I'd want on the pitch when we need a goal. All he seems to do is slow down play and it showed as soon as he came on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #704: Jan 27, 2015 11:31:49 pm
      We need Sturridge back because not having a goal scorer is costing us!!

Rodgers getting the team or substitutions wrong...Why am I not surprised?

Really thought we were going to snatch the win tonight but the two things listed above proved to cost us once more.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #705: Jan 27, 2015 11:33:31 pm
      To be fair mate, I think the decision to change those were more to do with moving Henderson as he was walking the line and got away with the handball.

Don't think so. He was on a yellow so move him to deal with pace down the wings and at the corner of the box? Not buying that. He was moved so Gerrard could stay on and take a pen.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #706: Jan 27, 2015 11:36:35 pm
      Don't think so. He was on a yellow so move him to deal with pace down the wings and at the corner of the box? Not buying that. He was moved so Gerrard could stay on and take a pen.

Maybe

My first thought was he was moved from getting him out of the refs eyeline in the middle of the park where he could have sent him for the handball. Thought with a change of mindset he did well against Hazard

But you may well be right there was more to it. I just don't know why if it was just Gerrard he makes that change for why not take Hendo off and leave Markovic on.
      I just think he saw it as a way to keep them both on but to shift Hendo a bit
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #707: Jan 27, 2015 11:40:44 pm
      Such an annoying team to play are chelsea. Methodical, monotonous, boring yet effective.

Beat us the same way every time, and we are always left wondering what could have been.

Put up a decent effort over the two legs, but they are just too professional for us still. I never really had the feeling we would score today even when Coutinho broke through.

Mario has to go by the way, he really does.

It's very true about the irritating way they win, they seem to know all the tricks of the trade that is non football related. Really horrible bunch of low class sh1ts I can't stand.

Disagree with us looking unlikely to score though. We should have had three. We seem to bottle it in the area. Moreno and Couts should have scored their one on ones, and Hendo's header...honestly!!!

I agree with you hough, what is it about Chelsea that is so irritatingly unbeatable for us right now? Can't stand them. Still, they're the leaders, the best team out there and we outplayed them over two legs. I can't blame the lads too much.

I've also run out of patience with Balo. His fault we conceeded the foul for their goal and his poor decision making, taking players on when easier passes are on...just unacceptable when there was only one goal in it. Get rid.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #708: Jan 27, 2015 11:48:16 pm
      My ratings:

Mignolet: continued his renaissance with a couple of outstanding saves, had no chance with the goal. He's improved out of all recognition these last few weeks, my only gripe would be his insistence on rolling it out and inviting pressure. That said it's almost certainly under orders. 8/10.

Can: improving with every game. Even though he's probably not a centre half did a fine job. Showed admirable self restraint not to smash Costa's head in. 8/10.

Skrtel: imperious, my MOM. 9/10.

Sakho: had a wobbly spell before he was subbed. 6/10.

Markovic: another who's playing out of position (not that I have any idea what his position is) and is doing it well. 7/10.

Moreno: is improving in the maturity of his game. I'd still like to see him pin his ears back more, unlucky not to score. 8/10.

Henderson: very good on the night but oh my God he HAS to hit the target with the header in extra time. 7/10.

Lucas: was knackered at the end, but he isn't going to cop any flak from me. Until then he was excellent. 8/10.

Sterling: a bit greedy on occasions, particularly early on when he could have put Gerrard in. Well marshalled but didn't stop. 7/10.

Gerrard: leggy but still involved in all our best attacking work. 7/10.

Coutinho: fantastic player who all the Chelsea fans who went then came in for last orders were absolutely raving about. Still rides tackles too much for me in this day and age, two or three times if he'd gone to ground their bloke would have been booked. Narrowly missed my MOM. 9/10.

Ballotelli: one or two nice moments, but two awful ones in quick succession cost us the game. 4/10.

Lambert: tried but did little. 4/10.

Johnson: thought he did OK when he came on. 6/10.

Brendan Rodgers: we've just gone toe to toe with the best team in the country over three and a half hours of pulsating football. Their keeper was MOM in both games, and the boss deserves huge credit for an effort from the team which made me proud to call myself a fan. 9/10.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #709: Jan 27, 2015 11:58:10 pm
      Let's see if the FA have balls to take retrospective action with the Elephant Man.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #710: Jan 28, 2015 12:16:48 am
      We seem to have so many good attacking midfield players who are poor So poor at finishing!

MoM between Mignolet and Lucas.

Edit : forgot about Coutinho he was fab again tonight until he faded with fstigue, maybe tonight a poor bench cost us the tie.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #711: Jan 28, 2015 12:48:57 am
      For years we suffered with poor finishing, one on ones, wide open goals, we suffered. Then we bought Suarez, and those years were forgotten. The belief in the team, from defence to midfield to attack, to know where the goal was, was a massive relief to everyone.

And now Suarez has gone, so has the belief, the knowledge of where the goal is. I would never have believed one player could make as big a difference to the club as Suarez did. However, the facts are there, he did make that difference.

And I hate to burst everyones bubble on Sturridge returning making a difference, it wont. Sturridge will be nowhere near as good as he was. Those injuries will have taken the toll on the lad.

The solution is this, as everyone is aware, WE NEED TO SIGN A QUALITY STRIKER.

If we dont sign one by the end of the window, we will win nothing this season. Not a trophy, not a top 4 slot, NOTHING.

We may well be playing well, but if we dont know how to score, its simply a case of Deja Vu.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #712: Jan 28, 2015 01:41:06 am
      Got to love how a big joke is being made over Costa's stamps tonight  :roll:

Quick Reply