Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30325 times
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 597 posts | 20 
      Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC
      Jan 29, 2015 11:20:20 pm
      Reports coming out tonight that we're in for Danny Ings.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/29/liverpool-danny-ings-burnley-transfer-window

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/danny-ings-to-liverpool-anfield-club-attempt-to-steal-a-march-on-rivals-in-race-to-sign-burnley-striker-10012288.html

Liverpool are attempting to beat other Premier League clubs to sign Burnley’s Danny Ings, through a deal which allow the selling club to keep him until the summer to help their fight for Premier League survival, The Independent understands.

Burnley are unwilling to let Ings leave in this transfer window as he is vital to their attempts to survive in the top flight. But by allowing him to stay at Turf Moor, Liverpool can enter into discussions which would see them benefit from the fact that his contract expires in the summer.

One of Liverpool’s strategies in the transfer market is to capitalise on players’ contracts running down to help bring down the price they pay. Sources in Lancashire suggest that Liverpool’s willingness to wait until the summer before taking the 22-year-old is tempting, because the club know that if they wait until then to strike a deal then they will be secure a minimal fee. If Burnley wait until them, they would be paid only training compensation for the player - likely to be around £3m-£5m. It is unclear what price Liverpool are offering, though a deal closer to £10m would seem realistic.

Interesting to be honest, wouldn't mind him as a backup, only 22, been injured for part of the season but has 7 goals in the Premier League, more than any of ours + with limited creative options around him. Would have perhaps liked to have waited for the summer an opted for someone like Lacazette or Icardi. Seems as though we may look to offload 2 or 3 of Lambert, Borini and Balotelli in the summer then.
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2015 03:39:36 pm by JD »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #1: Jan 29, 2015 11:51:06 pm
      Sean dyche is on record a couple of weeks back saying he expects ings to stay and sign a new contract, just smacks of agents trying to get a better deal at the club, a non stort
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #2: Jan 30, 2015 12:42:56 am
      Another so called player who just had a decent half season and our club is wanking over him. It happened before with the likes of caroll, this club need a top class striker not a mid table player who just had a few months and won't probably do it again .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #3: Jan 30, 2015 12:47:40 am
      Guess our agents once again can't make it out of the country?

Which is odd....think I'd want to find somewhere with warmer weather.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #4: Jan 30, 2015 12:54:12 am
      Another so called player who just had a decent half season and our club is wanking over him. It happened before with the likes of caroll, this club need a top class striker not a mid table player who just had a few months and won't probably do it again .

All good young players are bought off a good 12 months. They've barely been in the game longer. And last year 21 goals is decent in the championship for a 21 year old. I have strong reservations about signing older players who have only had a few good months, but it means nothing either way for young players.

That said, that is a general argument against the above nonsense , and not aimed at Ings as I don't really know enough about him. What kind of player is he like? What are his outstanding attributes as a striker?

Whoscored says statistically he is a strong finisher but weak at passing and in the air. From anyone who has watched him significantly (sorry Burnley sends me to sleep) is this true?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Jan 30, 2015 12:55:16 am
      So we'll pay £10m for somebody to then loan him back to that club until the summer when we could just wait until the summer to get him for the few million compensation. Superb journalism :lmao:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #6: Jan 30, 2015 01:00:54 am
      So we'll pay £10m for somebody to then loan him back to that club until the summer when we could just wait until the summer to get him for the few million compensation. Superb journalism :lmao:

Its weird isn't it. Pay a few million compensation in the summer. Or buy him now for 10 million and get him in the summer. Hmmm
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #7: Jan 30, 2015 01:02:44 am
      I watched him not really impressed, just an ok ish striker suits will do fine at the likes of Aston villa, Newcastle etc ...  Not good enough for a team chasing for top 4 .
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,602 posts | 139 
      Reply #8: Jan 30, 2015 01:05:03 am

People saying on RAWK that because other top clubs are chasing him which beyond laughable . Do you think the likes of chelsea would leave guardado and go for Ings ;D .
      I think the club is t
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #9: Jan 30, 2015 01:05:55 am
      I watched him not really impressed, just an ok ish striker suits will do fine at the likes of Aston villa, Newcastle etc ...  Not good enough for a team chasing for top 4 .

I just watched a compilation video (so basically I know his entire life story  :P ) and the goals he scores are very good. But aside from his finishing (which seems very strong) I couldn't identify any other strengths. Doesn't seem exceptionally mobile or strong. Maybe a good finisher is all we need. Not convinced though
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #10: Jan 30, 2015 01:32:57 am
      People saying on RAWK that because other RIVALS are chasing him which beyond laughable . Do you think the likes of chelsea would leave guardado and go for Ings ;D .
      I think the club is t

Villa, WBA, West Ham etc.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #11: Jan 30, 2015 01:37:22 am
      Right - having watched more (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut4bqoXs9HU) - if we had a 21 year old player on loan doing that (and 7 more times after that video was made) we would be all over him. His finishing is very impressive. And he does move. The weird part is that we aren't getting him now. I have no problem with this possible signing, save that.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #12: Jan 30, 2015 01:53:17 am
      He's a young player and I'm willing to give him a chance if he comes, but don't judge a player on youtube highlights.

Seriously, compile a highlights package of Rick Waller, and even he could look like the most gifted player of all time.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #13: Jan 30, 2015 01:54:40 am
      He's a young player and I'm willing to give him a chance if he comes, but don't judge a player on youtube highlights.

Seriously, compile a highlights package of Rick Waller, and even he could look like the most gifted player of all time.

Its all I've got really. I've indicated I'm open minded about being persuaded either way. The only evidence I have is evidence saying he is a damn good finisher.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #14: Jan 30, 2015 02:00:27 am
      Its all I've got really. I've indicated I'm open minded about being persuaded either way. The only evidence I have is evidence saying he is a damn good finisher.

No problem pal, I'm just wary - I remember scouting players on YouTube thinking they were the best thing ever, then they turned out to be total crap!

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #15: Jan 30, 2015 02:08:26 am
      I don't think he's any better than Borini tbh
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #16: Jan 30, 2015 02:55:40 am
      Saw him a few times at Bournemouth, always stood out at that level. He's the right type of striker for us, very quick and a good finisher, would be good to have at the club especially if you look at our current options.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: Jan 30, 2015 07:17:46 am

Everything I wanted to say. Sack the lot of the committee if this actually happens. Same mistakes over and over
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #18: Jan 30, 2015 07:26:34 am
      TBF he will be decent as a back up striker. But we all know that he will be our key striker signing.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #19: Jan 30, 2015 07:34:54 am
      Anythings got to be better than the other muppet who was a back up striker on tuesday against chelsea
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #20: Jan 30, 2015 09:04:30 am
      This is a joke right?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #21: Jan 30, 2015 09:06:07 am
      Saw him a few times at Bournemouth, always stood out at that level. He's the right type of striker for us, very quick and a good finisher, would be good to have at the club especially if you look at our current options.

Small club mentality mate he's the type of striker I expect QPR would be trying to sign not one a team fighting to get top 4 would be interested in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #22: Jan 30, 2015 09:10:10 am
      Right - having watched more (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut4bqoXs9HU) - if we had a 21 year old player on loan doing that (and 7 more times after that video was made) we would be all over him. His finishing is very impressive. And he does move. The weird part is that we aren't getting him now. I have no problem with this possible signing, save that.

F**k YouTube videos!

Have you watched him play 90 minutes of football?

Does he look like he could cut it at Champions League level?

Would he suit our style of play and guarantee at least one goal every three games?

If the answer to any of these questions is no then he is not good enough for us.

Quick Reply