Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30328 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #115: Jan 31, 2015 12:52:58 pm
      You know its a bad transfer, when you dont even bother youtubing the chap to see how "good" he is.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #116: Jan 31, 2015 01:46:49 pm
      I know right!

Not quite sure why we would offer so much for a player we could get for free in the summer either.

He is not free in the summer.  Under 24 (I think) and you have to pay "compensation" - possibly decided by tribunal if clubs can't agree.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #117: Jan 31, 2015 08:31:37 pm
      We can't get him free. We'd go to a tribunal in the summer because he is under 24. Given that he is a regular for the england U21s and his team, 4 million is probably what we'd pay then. If we did it now, we'd atleast secure his services without a wage bidding war (because, despite what some perpetual moaners in this thread have made out, we are competing with other good teams for him).

Apologies for not knowing the age of every player going.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #118: Feb 01, 2015 12:39:51 pm
      Would be a perfect fit for us right age to also grow with the current squad and can play anywhere across the front line. Not the superstar signing but would strengthen the squad even further.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #119: Feb 01, 2015 02:46:59 pm
      I'm sure we have signed some less known goal scorers in our history, what was that blokes name we stole from was it Chester City, Ugh, what's his f***in name, you know , skinny bloke , dark hair, blue eyes , big nose, very shy..................... ...

Oh yeah remember now...some say he teamed up well with the King......Rushy of course, remember him. ? :f_whistle:

YNWA
      RedJock
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | 40 
      Reply #120: Feb 01, 2015 03:28:55 pm
      I think Ings coming in would be a good deal - would take him and then let Borini , Lambert and prob Balotelli go

But would need to add another top forward -

Options would then be

Sturridge
      Ings
      Origi
      A N other - Aboubakar possibly ? Martinez or the very exciting French lad - Lacazette.

Also maybe someone like Lavezzi who can play in more than just a striker role ?
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #121: Feb 01, 2015 05:45:37 pm
      Can we please just once, identify our target, do the deal with no fuss and sign them early in the window! As in life, if you want something badly enough, you pay the price!
      Either that or shop in poundland and buy BEST BEFORE.
      Totally frustrated with our lack of ambition!
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #122: Feb 02, 2015 10:52:37 am
      Rumour going around that he has agreed a pre-contract with Real Sociedad.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #123: Feb 02, 2015 11:03:49 am
      Rumour going around that he has agreed a pre-contract with Real Sociedad.

Hopefully. Then we can look at signing a better striker.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #124: Feb 02, 2015 11:52:35 am
      Tony Barrett saying we're pushing to get a deal done.

@TonyBarretTimes  5 mins 5 minutes ago
      Liverpool looking to agree a deal with Burnley for Danny Ings that would avoid the need for a tribunal when his contract ends in June.

EDIT: He clarified that the deal would be for the summer.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #125: Feb 02, 2015 04:26:08 pm

Apologies for not knowing the age of every player going.

Haha, fair enough. I'd have thought you might have spotted he was a young one though otherwise this would be a pretty crap target.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #126: Feb 03, 2015 12:20:17 pm
      The Mirror reports that Ings has rejected a move to Real Sociedad because he wants to come to Anfield in the summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/danny-ings-wants-liverpool-move-5092583

In the next few weeks LFC are set to sign Ings providing the Prem. League agree to the move.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/danny-ings-to-liverpool-liverpool-set-to-win-summer-ings-race-as-rickie-lambert-stays-put-10019524.html

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #127: Feb 03, 2015 12:35:14 pm
      If he's a replacement for Lambert then fine he would be an improvement.

I expect Origi to be the replacement for Borini.

That still leaves a replacement for Balotelli required.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #128: Feb 04, 2015 03:31:43 am
      Manchester City is now our main competitor.
      http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-weighing-up-summer-8574251?

Presumably as reliable as the Echo is for us, I suppose. And people said that other good clubs weren't interested.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #129: Feb 04, 2015 06:24:27 am
      Manchester City is now our main competitor.
      http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-weighing-up-summer-8574251?

Presumably as reliable as the Echo is for us, I suppose. And people said that other good clubs weren't interested.

I read somewhere where our deal was already being approved by the FA under rule 8?..and that it would be announced in a week or so.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #130: Feb 04, 2015 09:12:40 am
      City going for him makes sense. He'd be a handy fourth choice and homegrown.

It'd make sense for us if we flogged off two strikers and got Ings plus another top class striker. Really don't want him to be our Sturridge back up.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #131: Feb 04, 2015 11:12:53 am
      I would take Ings and Berahino in the Summer and send Origi back on loan or have him with the fringe squad. Doesn't look good enough as of yet. Borini, Lambert and Mario to be sold on and a proven striker like Lacazette brought in.

Our front line needs aligning with the strength of the side. It needs pace, mobility and good fitness to work hard in games. F**k the plan B and strengthen plan A.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #132: Feb 04, 2015 11:37:46 am
      I'd take Sturridge, Berahino, Origi and Ings as our strikers next season.

There's a lot of mobility in those four players which suits our game perfectly. And you would imagine Berahino and Ings wouldn't cost more than £20m or so combined which should hopefully leave some money aside for a quality goalkeeper, defender and midfielder too.

That £20m would also be offset with the sales of Lambert, Borini, Balotelli and Aspas (if we got takers of course).

My preferred summer signings would be Mat Ryan, Fabian Schar, Miralem Pjanic and Alexandre Lacazette but (Ings and Berahino would compensate if we couldn't get Lacazette).
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #133: Feb 04, 2015 11:56:28 am
      I would take Ings and Berahino in the Summer and send Origi back on loan or have him with the fringe squad. Doesn't look good enough as of yet. Borini, Lambert and Mario to be sold on and a proven striker like Lacazette brought in.

Our front line needs aligning with the strength of the side. It needs pace, mobility and good fitness to work hard in games. F**k the plan B and strengthen plan A.

Origi playing for a decent side like Belgium looks good enough for me cf to Ings and Berahino.
      And he fits perfectly into your plans for the front line.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #134: Feb 04, 2015 12:08:22 pm
      I'd take Sturridge, Berahino, Origi and Ings as our strikers next season.

There's a lot of mobility in those four players which suits our game perfectly. And you would imagine Berahino and Ings wouldn't cost more than £20m or so combined which should hopefully leave some money aside for a quality goalkeeper, defender and midfielder too.

That £20m would also be offset with the sales of Lambert, Borini, Balotelli and Aspas (if we got takers of course).

My preferred summer signings would be Mat Ryan, Fabian Schar, Miralem Pjanic and Alexandre Lacazette but (Ings and Berahino would compensate if we couldn't get Lacazette).

Totally agree with those suggestions. However I think Lacazatte will go to PSG unfortunately. Would also love for us to sign one of Higuain, Martinez or Bacca as a proven striker and Dybala, Icardi or Vietto as a young striker with huge potential. But Ings and Berahino are more realistic.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #135: Feb 04, 2015 12:23:12 pm
      Ings and Berahino are average IMO. Put Origi in the mix and we are back to relying on Sturridge being fit for a full season. No lesson learnt.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #136: Feb 04, 2015 12:26:03 pm
      Ings and Berahino are average IMO. Put Origi in the mix and we are back to relying on Sturridge being fit for a full season. No lesson learnt.

I think Berahino would be good for us. Ings is average but a better backup than Lambert.

But I'd still prefer one of the proven strikers and quality young strikers I have suggested above.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #137: Feb 04, 2015 12:33:30 pm

I honestly think people are doing an injustice to Berahino. I think he is a terrific young striker who has all the traits to be another Sturridge. His movement is brilliant, he makes intelligent runs off the ball, his finishing with both feet is good and he has an air of arrogance which I also like in front men.

Someone else mentioned Vietto who is another who I really like. He has such a bright future in the game.

Quick Reply