Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30106 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #138: Feb 04, 2015 02:36:20 pm
      Yeah Berahino would be a perfect fit and type, and I think we wouldn't lose to much as an attacking threat if he started when Raheem or Sturridge got injured or needed a break. Could also see him starting alongside the pair in a role Moses played for us last season, albeit hopefully more successfully!

Although I agree that Origi is also a decent fit, he still looks very raw and rash to me and at this stage Berahino the better player. I think the club would keep him here but he would probably become 4th choice.

The contract situations of Berahino and Ings must be appealing to FSG too, and if they could offload the 3 back up forwards we have now and replace them with young, hungry players who fit the system then it would give us a chance. As it is at the minute we could fly up the league, but an injury to Sturridge and or Sterling and plan B becomes plan A and we go back to a boring workmanlike side.

There is no excuse next season for that, we do not need 6 foot strikers either starting or sitting on the bench. Plan B should be shelved whatever happens. We should have the same identity to the team with or without injuries, in league games or in cup competitions.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #139: Feb 04, 2015 02:46:05 pm
      Ings is a big big upgrade on Lambert/Borini and Balotelli. Together with Origi and a top striker, or at least Berahino and we would start to look very good in attack, but maybe we can get away with 1 top and 2 good strikers, assuming we continue using the same formation for most of the season.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #140: Feb 04, 2015 09:46:06 pm
      If he goes to City his career is fu**ed. Only signing him for their English quota BUT as agents are all cu*ts he will want Ings to got to Man Shitty so he can get a big pay packet.

He will be a free and as freebies go he is a good one. So they can't f**k this one up.

But knowing Ian Ayre he will only offer him £5 and a packet of flaming hot Monster Munch a week.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #141: Feb 04, 2015 10:23:34 pm
      I would like to see Ings as long as we don't have to pay too much in compensation.

Get another youngster in with potential like Volland or Vieto and I think we will be okay in that department if Borini and Lambert go.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #142: Feb 08, 2015 09:52:53 am
      The Times reports that LFC have suffered a setback in their pursuit of Ings after it emerged that Burnley will seek a record tribunal fee of more than £6.5m.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1516306.ece
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #143: Feb 08, 2015 10:01:02 am
      The Times reports that LFC have suffered a setback in their pursuit of Ings after it emerged that Burnley will seek a record tribunal fee of more than £6.5m.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1516306.ece

If he is that good, just pay it. I'm sure Gerrard is on that a year or near enough. So no real set back. IMHO.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #144: Feb 08, 2015 10:05:42 am

£6.5m for a tribunal fee? That's a joke. I can't see it being that high though. It'll be more like £3m.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #145: Feb 08, 2015 10:08:50 am
      If he is that good, just pay it. I'm sure Gerrard is on that a year or near enough. So no real set back. IMHO.

It does seem that economies over rule common sense and obvious footballing logic.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #146: Feb 08, 2015 10:23:26 am
      It does seem that economies over rule common sense and obvious footballing logic.

Yep think he is on £7m a year. But it cound be just Times BS.

Anyway it's all gossip as the window is closed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #147: Feb 08, 2015 11:13:32 am
      Yep think he is on £7m a year. But it cound be just Times BS.

Anyway it's all gossip as the window is closed.

So it is, don't know if anyone saw it but there was some media tittle tattle about Citeh joining the fray and going after the lad.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #148: Feb 08, 2015 11:49:01 am
      So it is, don't know if anyone saw it but there was some media tittle tattle about Citeh joining the fray and going after the lad.

Yes I saw that too. 

I don't know how the young players see these teams. If it is as a cash cow, and they go for the money, then good luck to them. But if they wish to have a realistic change of playing 1st team football, then the likes of City are a questionable choice. As for Chelsea, well they are just middle men for buying talent, and then loaning them out.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #149: Feb 08, 2015 12:36:02 pm
      asisst and a goal so far today a very tidy player.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #150: Feb 08, 2015 12:41:24 pm
      Assist:

Goal:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #151: Feb 08, 2015 01:05:40 pm
      Looked good today, for sure. WBA are utter crap though. Hope he bangs a few more in, even if it's just for his/Burnley's sake. I like Dyche.

Educated guess is they have set a high price, know it won't be settled upon and receive something closer to half that fee + clauses. If it goes to tribunal, zero point in paying out their wanted fee in our shoes. It'll get reduced, especially given recent history on how much clubs are settling these issues for.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #152: Feb 11, 2015 05:52:26 pm
      I fancy him scoring tonight against the scum, i have a feeling Burnley will get a result tonight, like they did at City.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #153: Feb 12, 2015 08:58:58 am
      I fancy him scoring tonight against the scum, i have a feeling Burnley will get a result tonight, like they did at City.

Peach of a cross from Trippier and a superb run from Ings off his marker to score.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #154: Feb 12, 2015 09:48:40 am
      Peach of a cross from Trippier and a superb run from Ings off his marker to score.

I was actually in awe of that cross, we see too many crosses lately just going into the middle of nowhere or to the opposition.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #155: Feb 12, 2015 10:15:43 am
      I was actually in awe of that cross, we see too many crosses lately just going into the middle of nowhere or to the opposition.

Arnautovic hit another that was even better to Crouch against City.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #156: Feb 15, 2015 07:24:31 am
      Been more and more impressed as I've seen more of him. Could be a tidy acquisition at the end of the season if we let Borini go.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #157: Feb 16, 2015 09:42:56 am
      if you could only pick one of the following to be here next season, who would you pick?

A) Ings

B) Balotelli
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #158: Feb 16, 2015 11:15:57 am
      More like a school playground every day.  F**k it, any one got any panini swaps, I need the QPR shiny to finish the page.  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #159: Feb 16, 2015 01:01:23 pm
      if you could only pick one of the following to be here next season, who would you pick?

A) Ings

B) Balotelli

I will answer this in June.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #160: Feb 16, 2015 01:05:36 pm

A) Ings

B) Balotelli Borini

Ings

Quick Reply