Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30339 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #69: Jan 30, 2015 01:10:44 pm
      Another player where we think "he'll be good if we then go and get x"
      but then we never go and get the proven player that we need.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #70: Jan 30, 2015 01:11:19 pm
      I like him. For £3m he is an upgrade on Aspas, Balotelli, Borini and Lambert personally.

However, we need another striker in the summer. I don't want to go into next season with Studge, Ings, Origi and one of the above.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #71: Jan 30, 2015 01:16:13 pm
      Another player where we think "he'll be good if we then go and get x"
      but then we never go and get the proven player that we need.

That's the problem mate.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #72: Jan 30, 2015 01:21:37 pm
      At £3m, we'll have to put up with his near misses, mistakes, injuries, slow to assimilate, and what else? We simply cannot moan can we? What do you expect, he only costs £3m.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,135 posts | 2773 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #73: Jan 30, 2015 01:25:38 pm
      would be a far better option then "SUPER" Mario
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #74: Jan 30, 2015 01:32:38 pm
      Watch out Rickie, we've got Danny who is cheaper and perhaps better than you even though you cost next to nothing! :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #75: Jan 30, 2015 01:34:39 pm
      3m, 3rd choice striker and sell Balo, Borini & Lambert for 20m-25m in the summer? I'm not complaining.

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #76: Jan 30, 2015 01:36:30 pm

Won't be a problem if we actually go out and get a 'top' striker in the summer though!
      *crosses fingers*

Considering it's likely we're going to be majorly reshuffling the forwards this summer, this might not be terrible business.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #77: Jan 30, 2015 01:42:36 pm
      Won't be a problem if we actually go out and get a 'top' striker in the summer though!
      *crosses fingers*

Considering it's likely we're going to be majorly reshuffling the forwards this summer, this might not be terrible business.

If we continue to play the current formation for the majority of next season, I would be happy with Sturridge, Origi & Ings. However, if we do revert to 2 up front, I would love us to buy a 2nd striker type of player instead of another #9
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #78: Jan 30, 2015 02:23:31 pm
      I like Ings. Forget where he has come from and look at the goals he can score.

He is still a young man, he fired his much unfancied team to promotion and he deserves a shot with a big club imo.

He's the type that Southampton would buy and for us to moan that we never did.

He would improve the squad because he's better than our two Italians and also Ricky Lambert. He is a good fit in that he is quite pacey and can work hard from the front.

Plus this transfer windows is depressing me and I want singing to cling on to.  :f_whistle:

Having said that seems strange to leave it til he end of January when we really needed a striker ASAP.  Studge is supposedly back now so it doesn't add up to me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,250 posts | 6364 
      Reply #79: Jan 30, 2015 02:29:46 pm

Having said that seems strange to leave it til he end of January when we really needed a striker ASAP.  Studge is supposedly back now so it doesn't add up to me.
      Well seeing as how long it normally takes us to complete a transfer they figure they better get started now so he'll be here by August.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 2810 
      Reply #80: Jan 30, 2015 02:40:52 pm
      Apparently we can't sign him and then loan him back to Burnley, against PL rules so this deal is dead for now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #81: Jan 30, 2015 02:41:29 pm
      According to Pearce buying him then loaning him back to Burnley violates PL rules!

Not sure where that leaves this deal as Im sure Burnley are adamant they want to hold onto him to ensure their PL survival.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #82: Jan 30, 2015 02:42:01 pm
      Apparently we can't sign him and then loan him back to Burnley, against PL rules so this deal is dead for now.

Too quick for me buddy.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #83: Jan 30, 2015 02:48:12 pm
      When was the last time a British striker like Ings moved from a little club to one of the big 5 and was a success? The odds are clearly against these type of signings succeeding nowadays. 

Sturridge! Chelsea to Liverpool.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,250 posts | 6364 
      Reply #84: Jan 30, 2015 02:49:08 pm
      Statement from Burnley:
      Following growing media speculation, Burnley Football Club would like to reiterate their stance regarding striker Danny Ings.

Ings has been heavily linked in the past 24 hours with a permanent move to Liverpool, with the suggestion that he would then be loaned back to the club for the remainder of the campaign.

This kind of deal is prohibited by the Premier League under rule V7 which states that a player cannot be purchased and loaned back between Premier League clubs in the same transfer window.

Chief Executive Lee Hoos said: “This type of move would violate Premier League rule V7 regarding transfers so simply cannot happen.

“This is the last time we will be making any comment regarding the player’s future.

“Over the course of the window, the player himself, Sean Dyche and the chairman have made it clear he won’t be going anywhere and we consider that the end of the matter.”
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #85: Jan 30, 2015 02:49:54 pm
      He'd instantly be our second best striker. That says very little. I would walk in to the side right now for my finishing prowess.

Good thing is he is the profile of striker we need. At least he fits more than Mario and Rickie.

Bad thing is he is not really proven. Guess we have to wait and see how he goes. I'll probably be watching Burnley more now, though.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #86: Jan 30, 2015 03:00:32 pm
      I would walk in to the side right now for my finishing prowess.

Lmao, I wouldn't bet against that too!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #87: Jan 30, 2015 03:02:44 pm
      Think this is all media speculations, Guess liverpool know ((hope so anyway) about the FA rules about a player being loaned back in the same window
       and I don't know why LFC wants to loan him back in the first place , IF THEY ARE REALLY INTERESTED in the player
       BR said there will be NO dealings this window, and personally I believe that, seeing that Balo, borini and Lambert  madeit clear they are staying
       I was expecting a keeper to be honest but now that simon is playing a bit better these last few matches , I think that will not happen either

2 days left for this window, and guess No more work for our transfer board is to be done  this window

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #88: Jan 30, 2015 03:25:45 pm
      Think this is all media speculations, Guess liverpool know ((hope so anyway) about the FA rules about a player being loaned back in the same window
       and I don't know why LFC wants to loan him back in the first place , IF THEY ARE REALLY INTERESTED in the player
       BR said there will be NO dealings this window, and personally I believe that, seeing that Balo, borini and Lambert  madeit clear they are staying
       I was expecting a keeper to be honest but now that simon is playing a bit better these last few matches , I think that will not happen either

2 days left for this window, and guess No more work for our transfer board is to be done  this window

YNWA

I'm sure the club know the rules but just goes to show the reporters of these stories now F**k all, but we know that anyway.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #89: Jan 30, 2015 05:29:06 pm
      The problem is if he comes in then I'm afraid we won't be signing a top striker in the summer. We'd have Sturridge, Origi, Ings, and the other four so-called "strikers" (Lambert, Borini, Balo, aaaandd Aspas) to be offloaded.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #90: Jan 30, 2015 05:32:12 pm
      Sturridge
      Lacazette
      Origi
      Ings

:f_whistle:

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,525 posts | 719 
      Reply #91: Jan 30, 2015 06:02:38 pm
      seems like a good player.

i see the same arguments from the doubters that also argued against us getting sturridge and coutinho

"Would the likes of [chelsea, united, city] be after [x player]?"

"[x player] is Not 'World Class'"

"[X player] is Not 'Ready Made'"

"[Player] is not 'Liverpool standard'"

Quick Reply