Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30327 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #23: Jan 30, 2015 09:17:44 am
      F**k my life this is actually true!

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/31054584

From Luis Suarez to Danny Ings  :mad:
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #24: Jan 30, 2015 09:19:52 am
      Ahahahahh great...Get IN! What a top top top player.

This will prove we aim to win the league next year!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #25: Jan 30, 2015 09:20:11 am
      he would be a better option than borini,lambert as he is young and on cheap wages but surley he's not the only type of player we are looking at, if so we really do have no money
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #26: Jan 30, 2015 09:24:06 am
      I can already hear Rodgers waxing lyrical about Danny Ings next week after we sign him...

"The guy is a top class finisher he has all the ability in the world we want to bring him here and make him the world class player he can be... just like we're doing with Fabio and Mario".
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #27: Jan 30, 2015 09:25:04 am
      This must be joke for sure...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #28: Jan 30, 2015 09:27:51 am
      Might be some truth in this one with Pearce reporting the same.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-join-race-burnley-8545982

Does this mean Ayre will be racing around Burnley on his Harley on his usual frantic last ditch attempt to entice a player on the promise of a extra bag of Pringles thrown into the deal.
      Oh well at least the girls of Eastern Europe are safe this winter!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #29: Jan 30, 2015 09:29:06 am
      This must be joke for sure...

Literally just had to double check the date isn't April 1st!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30: Jan 30, 2015 10:09:55 am
      he would be a better option than borini,lambert as he is young and on cheap wages but surley he's not the only type of player we are looking at
      I would have to agree mate.

Danny Ings isn't the worst striker we could be looking at but he's certainly not the best. Come next Summer we could be potentially looking at a strike force: Sturridge, Origi, Ings and A.N. Other and to be fair that doesn't look any worse than what we have now but... that A.N. Other bloke needs to be top quality and ready to go.

We can't, if we are to be serious contenders, keep waiting for young players to maybe come good.

I don't mind Ings at all; as long as he's not 'alone'.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,605 posts | 140 
      Reply #31: Jan 30, 2015 10:11:35 am
      We should be looking for an upgrade to sturridge or at least someone in the same level, for lambert borini upgrade we already have origi he will do the job. I'd rather offload Balloteli and borini and Lambert and sing a top class striker and stick with origi and sometimes sterling than offloading the team with mediocrity.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #32: Jan 30, 2015 10:39:26 am
      Danny Ings? Must be sh*t 'cause he plays for Burnley. There's no other rational way of looking at this.  :roll:
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #33: Jan 30, 2015 10:50:00 am
      Danny Ings? What is this club coming to?

Is he good enough for Chelsea? No
      How about City? Absolutely not (Bony will be their 3rd choice)
      Then what about the mancs and le arse? I very much doubt so.

So next season we'll have one insanely talented striker made out of glass, and about 5 bang average strikers who ought to be playing their trade elsewhere.

You really do have to question the ambitions of this club, you really do.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: Jan 30, 2015 10:53:17 am
      Danny Ings? Must be sh*t 'cause he plays for Burnley. There's no other rational way of looking at this.  :roll:

You think he's good enough for Liverpool to get us where we want to be?

Burnley will be laughing all the way to the bank! £10m for a player whose contract expires in the summer AND they get to keep him until it does run out. Our club is being run by clowns!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #35: Jan 30, 2015 10:56:07 am

He's a downgrade on what we've already got (Sturridge).

As far as I'm concerned, we should be looking to strengthen the team, not the squad. All this bolstering the squad malarkey is overrated. We've got four strikers to choose from at present and three of them are sh*t. So sh*t we've relied on a teenage winger to fill in the role.

What's Danny Ings going to do? Be our cover, as per usual.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #36: Jan 30, 2015 11:12:16 am

No one is saying he's sh*te but he is not a Champions League caliber striker, even a backup one. So unless this club no longer has ambitions to be in the CL then we should be looking at signing better strikers. I think Charlie Austin is a decent striker but I wouldn't want him as he is not good enough for this club. Have we learned absolutely nothing from all the many mediocre strikers we have signed over the last 10 years? I would prefer one top striker to 4 average ones. Look at Chelsea they have one superb striker in Costa, one very good backup in Remy and one decent proven third striker in Drogba. We have one superb but regularly injured striker in Sturridge and three mediocre ones. Ings would just add to the list of mediocre strikes at the club.

Would you not prefer to have two very good back ups to Sturridge rather than 4 or 5 mediocre ones?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #37: Jan 30, 2015 11:29:44 am
      At least we wont have to worry about anybody like Arsenal hijacking this one.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #38: Jan 30, 2015 11:31:26 am
      I think we will be looking to cash in on Borini and Balotelli in the summer. Lambert will likely want to leave. When that happens we will indeed need another backup.

Ings is 22. Decent scoring record for a small club. Will cost a nominal fee as result of the loan. It just makes sense.

We obviously don't have big money to spend this window for whatever reason. Don't see why that should stop us making smart buys. Obviously this pisses me off as much as anyone else on here, but that's the sh*t reality of the situation.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Jan 30, 2015 11:32:42 am
      At least we wont have to worry about anybody like Arsenal hijacking this one.

Nope, just West Brom, West Ham, QPR etc.  :roll:
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #40: Jan 30, 2015 11:35:00 am
      Bet Utd, City and Chelsea are shitting themselves... :f_steam: 

From Suarez to Ings... its not f**king on!  :mad:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #41: Jan 30, 2015 11:38:51 am
      The little I've seen of him I think he looks a pretty good striker. Fairly quick, good touch, good finisher. So I've no objection to us signing him - he's a better back up for Sturridge than Borini or Lambert ( albeit that isn't saying a tremendous amount, but I do quite like the look of him as a goal scorer).

But I see no point in buying him and then loaning him back to Burnley. We need a goal scorer asap. If we can't bring him in now, then leave him and get somebody who is available this window.

(Obviously there is also the question of is he really good enough for us. Again the time to find that out is THIS season. Not leave it til next season, and then find out by 2016 that we are in the same position as we are now.)
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #42: Jan 30, 2015 11:51:35 am
      What is wrong with people here? He is obviously not going to be the only striker coming in the summer. We are getting him as an upgrade over Borini or Lambert and that he is. We can't sign two top strikers worth 20-25k each in the summer so along with Sturridge and another world class striker, Origi and Ings will make it an exciting quadrant.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #43: Jan 30, 2015 11:52:36 am
      Once again, we are at the point where our signings should be players that will immediately challenge for a spot in the starting 11 if not walk into the starting 11.

This is a stupid move as not only this player not of that cloth, but we wouldn't even have the benefit of him being able to play right away.

Can't even believe this.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #44: Jan 30, 2015 12:01:25 pm
      Next season we would have Sturridge, Origi, Ings and if by a miracle Balo comes good.

That's a pretty pacy front line.

All really depends on Sturridge staying fit and how quickly Origi finds his feet.

Ings as a third choice? Would be better than Borini and Lambert.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #45: Jan 30, 2015 12:02:20 pm
      Nope, just West Brom, West Ham, QPR etc.  :roll:

Unsurprisingly, Spurs and Southampton are the other teams linked with him. "Do Spurs even have their own scouts?"

Quick Reply