Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 314135 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: The Raheem Sterling Contract Situation
      Reply #851: Mar 22, 2015 11:25:16 am
      Nice.

Hendo a 'greedy c**t' as well then?

Yes he is. Along with everyone else he had a poor start to the season and has not achieved anything to justify being on such high wages, nor would he walk straight in to the first team of any other top six side in this or any other major league in Europe.

Ha yeah good point Si.  It's amazing how many have jumped onto the "Raheem's a greedy little tw*t" but Hendo is an angel who can do no wrong.

Quite simply because he's achieved even less than Hendo but is allegedly asking for £30K a week more than him. Let's be absolutely clear on this so there can be no misunderstanding. Sterling has achieved nothing. No trophy or league title has yet been won since he broke through. His goals last season where by and large laid on a plate for him by Suarez and whilst he's been one of our best players this season, he isn't going to dislodge Silva at City, Fabregas, Oscar or Hazard at Chelsea never mind walk in to the first team of Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Real Madrid. He's also four years younger than Henderson and as I pointed out, achieved far less (Henderson at least has a Cup to his name) so why the hell should he be paid more than Henderson and become the joint highest paid player at the club?

No player is bigger than this club, not one single one but if the rumours are true it shows that Sterling most definitely thinks he is. He's a twenty year old that after a couple of decent breakthrough seasons now thinks he's the most important player at the club and gotten a little too big for his boots. That is why he's considered a 'greedy little tw*t' by a lot of people, myself included. Even you yourself suggested that a couple of years back in the under 21s might put some perspective back in to him. What changed your mind?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #852: Mar 22, 2015 12:14:49 pm
      While I am in the camp that says pay Sterling because if we won't another big club will, the best way for him to get that big contract is to pretty much be the catalyst of a top four finish from here on out.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #853: Mar 22, 2015 03:33:14 pm
      Simple solution. Keep him out of the squad until he signs the contract.

We don't need him right now. He is plain awful. If he wants to play football, he'll sign the contract.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #854: Mar 22, 2015 03:35:31 pm
      Can't pass, can't shoot, can't cross.

120k+ you insulting little ... i should keep my mouth shut.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #855: Mar 22, 2015 03:40:01 pm
      Got to be dropped until his head is sorted surely. He's all over the place right now.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #856: Mar 22, 2015 03:42:13 pm
      To be fair to him it's not really easy to play well when you're constantly moved to and fro from this position to that position.  He played at least three different positions today.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #857: Mar 22, 2015 03:42:47 pm
      By far the most over rated player to grace the red shirt. He is fast becoming my new Johnson, everything he does frustrates the F**k out of me. He's not even worth 150k a year at the minute.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #858: Mar 22, 2015 03:49:29 pm
      To be fair to him it's not really easy to play well when you're constantly moved to and fro from this position to that position.  He played at least three different positions today.

Very seldom i'd agree with fed, the lad was seeing more of our corner flag today than the rest of the pitch. Not to blame today.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #859: Mar 22, 2015 03:54:41 pm

Absolutely. It's a credit to Raheem's versatility that he can be moved around so much depending on our need.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #860: Mar 22, 2015 04:15:56 pm

Taking today in isolation you'd be correct but its not limited to today is it? He's put several poor performances in recently.

Absolutely. It's a credit to Raheem's versatility that he can be moved around so much depending on our need.

It's not versatility if you're a pile of sh*t in the position you're asked to play in and he is a pile of sh*t whenever he plays at Wing Back.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #861: Mar 22, 2015 06:48:22 pm
      I don't care what people say with regards to him playing in and out of different positions.

Fact is - if you (or your agent) are demanding 120k a week you should be able to play any position up front. That's the only way you can justify such wages. He's not getting any sympathy from me.

Barring the Man City and Burnley performances he ain't worth half that. He's scored a few goals this season but at the same time he has been poor in quite a few of those scoring games - Southampton away comes to mind.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #862: Mar 22, 2015 06:53:02 pm
      Does anyone really think he will sign an improved deal later when he could have done it now and be on more money , think of the money hes losing now by not signing and getting an improved wage. Gone for me and tbh not that bothered with Ibe in the wings
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #863: Mar 22, 2015 06:53:58 pm
      Players who try to hold the club to ransom, when they are under performing are better off being shipped out. After all no player is bigger than LFC at the end of the day.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #864: Mar 22, 2015 07:05:50 pm
      I said to a mate of mine today, if City offered anywhere around £50m for him then I'd take it at the moment. He has been poor for the past few weeks but I'd like to see him further up the pitch and not a wing back. Says it all when we have a few right backs in the squad and we have to play a right winger there. He was pegged back so much today, was unable to get forward as much as he'd like and when he did he had no f**ker around him for support. The same happened in the first half when Coutinho and Lallana had the ball too. We need to start supporting our attackers more on the pitch.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #865: Mar 22, 2015 07:49:08 pm
      If i was Brendan,after todays game i would think twice before offering him a new deal unless he doesnt show a bit more passion in the game.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #866: Mar 22, 2015 08:36:54 pm
      F***ing contract talks during a run in towards the end of the season always F**k with the dressing room.

This little pr**k can F**k off if he keeps this sh*t up. He believes his own hype and to be honest I wouldnt give two fucks if he was sold tomorrow for 30m. Dont think he is worth more than that and its not like he is raining in the goals for us.

Attitude stinks
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #867: Mar 22, 2015 08:50:35 pm
      Fantastic performance from the 150k kid today. Now lets see .... cant head the ball ... cant strike a ball with his left foot ... not much better with his right foot ... his best trick is the 'knock it past you' and chase the f*ck after it ... crossing with either foot is garbage, won't take a penalty in a european shootout ... and holds us to ransom for 150k a week.

Had enough of this over rated ego driven little so n so.

If we can get 50m+ for what is basically shaun wright phillips mk2 then id take it tomorrow.

The sooner ibe is back the better.

I think ive said enough.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #868: Mar 22, 2015 10:18:33 pm
      I said to a mate of mine today, if City offered anywhere around £50m for him then I'd take it at the moment. He has been poor for the past few weeks but I'd like to see him further up the pitch and not a wing back. Says it all when we have a few right backs in the squad and we have to play a right winger there. He was pegged back so much today, was unable to get forward as much as he'd like and when he did he had no f**ker around him for support. The same happened in the first half when Coutinho and Lallana had the ball too. We need to start supporting our attackers more on the pitch.

If City want him, Pellegrini set the price at 100m.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #869: Mar 22, 2015 10:27:15 pm
      Fantastic performance from the 150k kid today. Now lets see .... cant head the ball ... cant strike a ball with his left foot ... not much better with his right foot ... his best trick is the 'knock it past you' and chase the f*ck after it ... crossing with either foot is garbage, won't take a penalty in a european shootout ... and holds us to ransom for 150k a week.

Had enough of this over rated ego driven little so n so.

If we can get 50m+ for what is basically shaun wright phillips mk2 then id take it tomorrow.

The sooner ibe is back the better.

I think ive said enough.

Did you think this way this time last season Don?

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #870: Mar 22, 2015 10:51:49 pm
      Did you think this way this time last season Don?

He wasn't a £150K a week player last season either. He's a great prospect, bright young talent, but those wages are for established players who have achieved things. I simply do not believe he's worth that much money at this stage in his career.

Taking personal opinion out of the equation for the moment, this situation is the latest in a long line of disputes where greedy agents and their clients attempt to hold clubs for ransom. Is it not before time that the game was overhauled and agents should work for their respective league's Football Association? Would it not be better if the role of the agent was taken over by the FA or PFA rather than some commercial company? As an employee for a private profit making company, the agent's first obligation is to his employer, not to his client therefore he'll always do what's best for the firm before he does what's best for the player and club.

If the role of contract negotiation was part and parcel of a player's Union or their league's Football Association, the negotiator would be operating for an impartial not-for-profit organisation that could strike a balance between the needs of the club and the needs of the player. Regardless of our individual opinions on Raheem's contract negotiations, I think we can all agree that the power in football has dramatically shifted away from clubs and is now stacked in favour of players and that balanced needs to be redressed, but so long as you have privately employed agents in the game, that balance can never be achieved.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #871: Mar 24, 2015 02:13:58 pm
      but those wages are for established players who have achieved things.

Not having a go at you here, just wondering what exactly you mean by "achieved things."

I keep seeing this in this thread about Sterling, he's "achieved nothing." 

What sort of things are we referring to?  When he will have achieved something, what will that be exactly?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #872: Mar 24, 2015 02:35:08 pm
      Let's not forget that Sterling did win the 2014 European Golden Boy.

Not sure that justifies 150k, for example, but he's clearly talented and going to be a top player in a few short years.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #873: Mar 24, 2015 02:41:44 pm
      Let's not forget that Sterling did win the 2014 European Golden Boy.

Not sure that justifies 150k, for example, but he's clearly talented and going to be a top player in a few short years.

I just don't understand this argument that he hasn't achieved anything.

We as a club haven't achieved anything in recent years.

The last time we won even the FA Cup was in 2006, nearly a decade ago.  After that the only thing we have "achieved" was the f**king League Cup, which we barely won after going to penalties against a side in the Championship.

Suarez was on ridiculous wages and he hadn't achieved anything, the most he had won at club level was the cup in the Netherlands.  He didn't even win the league with Ajax.  And yet no one said "he hasn't achieved anything."

So if you want to say Sterling hasn't achieved anything, fair enough, but then again neither has anyone in our squad.  Unless you're going to start saying "so and so deserves massive wages because we scraped by Cardiff a couple of years back."  Erm.  Ok. 

Quick Reply