Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 314266 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: The Raheem Sterling Contract Situation
      Reply #1633: Apr 22, 2015 12:43:02 pm

Nothing to do with opinion. I can respect a differing view. I don't accept verbal assault for no good reason. Surely that's easy enough to comprehend?

So it's OK for you to verbally assault Sterling via Twitter but it's not OK for somebody to call you a muppet? :D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1634: Apr 22, 2015 12:49:42 pm
      So it's OK for you to verbally assault Sterling via Twitter but it's not OK for somebody to call you a muppet? :D

I'm assuming that's a send up? Verbally abused Stirling?

I think if you're serious, you need to learn to read. There was nothing insulting there in any way, shape or form.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1635: Apr 22, 2015 12:52:08 pm
      I'm assuming that's a send up? Verbally abused Stirling?

I think if you're serious, you need to learn to read. There was nothing insulting there in any way, shape or form.

It could be argued as much a 'verbal assault' as the one you were a 'victim' of Mark. ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1636: Apr 22, 2015 12:59:38 pm
      December is still a long way off. Get him to either commit to a long term contract now, so we can sell him for top dollar, or just allow him to go now (summer) for a sizable fee. Either way, it seems he wants out and we don't need the hassle of players who don't want to wear the shirt. He's at a top club currently, admittedly failing to hit expectations, but if he is too stupid to see how Liverpool benefits him and vice versa, then good riddance.

But don't you see that's now impossible?  Why would any Club stump up a massive fee in the summer if he's going to buy himself out of his contract in December and get him for next to nowt? 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1637: Apr 22, 2015 01:07:04 pm
      I merely stayed if he is unhappy at LFC, he should leave. And can you honestly say we've never lost better players? No, you can't. How is that immature? If I resorted to the usual racial barrage that most MUPPETS adhere to, then I'd understand.

The club is bigger than Sterling, he needs to recognise that fact. Turning his nose up at 100k a week at 20 years of age, when he's a million miles from being the finished product? Now that is immature, arrogant and down right disrespectful. Put it another way, when Bale left Spuds for sunnier climes, he was FAR more advanced a player than Raheem is currently. Skilfully fast, magic left foot and 20 + goals a season. Plus, he was a damn sight more respectful to the club and their fans.

And look where it's got us mate.  Not won the league in over 25 years.  Won 2 trophies in the last 10 years.  Dumped out of the CL with a wimper, after waiting 5 seasons to get back there. 

Yes lot's of players have left us over the years, probably better than Raheem is now too but it's not made us successful even though a lot of those players who've left us in the last 5 or 6 years have gone on to have great success.  I believe there are 6 ex Liverpool players still competing in this seasons CL, maybe if we'd kept them we might have won it a few more times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1638: Apr 22, 2015 01:55:55 pm
      Mark, let's assume we sell him and let's further assume we get £50 million for him. We know he's a good player, has plenty of talent and is a fast learner. Above all we know he can and does perform for Liverpool. Isn't bringing in another player with all the risks associated with that a gamble not worth taking? Shouldn't we be looking to bolster the team with talent, not replace the talent we have? Because that's what we've been doing the last five years or so. Running to stand still. Isn't it time we finally took a step forward by sticking with the devil we know, rather than the devil we don't?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1639: Apr 22, 2015 01:56:01 pm
      And look where it's got us mate.  Not won the league in over 25 years.  Won 2 trophies in the last 10 years.  Dumped out of the CL with a wimper, after waiting 5 seasons to get back there. 

Yes lot's of players have left us over the years, probably better than Raheem is now too but it's not made us successful even though a lot of those players who've left us in the last 5 or 6 years have gone on to have great success.  I believe there are 6 ex Liverpool players still competing in this seasons CL, maybe if we'd kept them we might have won it a few more times

And of course you are correct. But as a long time fan, I expect better behaviour from our players, whether they want to leave or not. He was given the initial chance by a club legend. Do we even entertain the fact that had he remained a QPR youth player, chances are he would not be in the fortunate position he is now? Of course not. If he wants to go, I have no problem with that. But the manner I do. He needs to pay back the club with the decency of not buying himself out, so the club can get back the monetary worth after their commitment to making him the player we currently see. Then I'll be ok with it.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1640: Apr 22, 2015 02:30:48 pm
      And of course you are correct. But as a long time fan, I expect better behaviour from our players, whether they want to leave or not. He was given the initial chance by a club legend. Do we even entertain the fact that had he remained a QPR youth player, chances are he would not be in the fortunate position he is now? Of course not. If he wants to go, I have no problem with that. But the manner I do. He needs to pay back the club with the decency of not buying himself out, so the club can get back the monetary worth after their commitment to making him the player we currently see. Then I'll be ok with it.

I get that you think he's an ungrateful little sh*t mate but has he actually said that's what he'll do or is it just the media picking up on things and making more out of it than there really is? 

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1641: Apr 22, 2015 02:35:38 pm
      Unfortunately a Micky Owen saga could be unfolding.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1642: Apr 22, 2015 02:54:45 pm
      It could be argued as much a 'verbal assault' as the one you were a 'victim' of Mark. ;)

Which was the point I was making. Thanks, would have continued myself, but work got in the way and must do again.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1643: Apr 25, 2015 11:09:40 pm
      I've been round the houses over this issue.  All I will say is that, on form, temperament and ability, no way this lad should be our highest paid player.

Dressing room discontent would await.

Best thing for us now is probably to get shut and I'd even be surprised if the original contract offer is still on the table.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1644: Apr 26, 2015 01:00:36 am
      If he leaves, I'm not bothered but I will be pissed if he goes to another Premier League Club and becomes a Superstar and fulfils all his potential.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1645: Apr 26, 2015 01:42:05 am
      I've been round the houses over this issue.  All I will say is that, on form, temperament and ability, no way this lad should be our highest paid player.

Dressing room discontent would await.

Best thing for us now is probably to get shut and I'd even be surprised if the original contract offer is still on the table.

I don't think we'll get maximum price for him, especially with clubs knowing he can buy out his contract in 6 months time and get him for free. I really think we'd be lucky to get 20-25m for him :(

It's a no win situation for us in my opinion, It's either sell for cheap in summer, or lose him for nothing in Jan. Just hope we'll find an adequate replacement.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1646: Apr 26, 2015 10:03:26 am
      I blame this little sh*t and his scum bag entourage for our current slump
      What Rodgers is trying to build is all about unity and collectiveness, all the while you have Sterling, a player key to our system breaking ranks and disowning the team and his manager
      F**k off to London Raheem go there and disappear like many before you
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,414 posts | 3407 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1647: Apr 26, 2015 04:10:46 pm
      Still surprised that people are still going on about him buying out his contract, simply isn't going to happen, the number of players who've done it can be counted on the fingers of one hand like player swaps that are a favourite of the press, a player won't put it hand is own pocket, hell these days most agents get paid by the clubs not the players, the Webster case was an extreme and rare example.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1648: Apr 26, 2015 04:15:17 pm
      I blame this little sh*t and his scum bag entourage for our current slump
      What Rodgers is trying to build is all about unity and collectiveness, all the while you have Sterling, a player key to our system breaking ranks and disowning the team and his manager
      F**k off to London Raheem go there and disappear like many before you

You can't blame one person's contract issue for our current slump, he was going through the same contract issue when we were winning every week.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1649: Apr 27, 2015 01:06:12 pm
      on current form if we can get 50mil then use 30mil of that to sign Dephay of Lacezzi from Lyon that would be good business.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #1650: May 18, 2015 10:03:52 pm
      Raheem Sterling: Liverpool player 'to tell club he wants to leave'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32789389
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #1651: May 18, 2015 10:05:37 pm
      As we all expected, if we don't get the £40-50M fir him he should rot in the reserves.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1652: May 18, 2015 10:07:35 pm
      LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL it's all over Sky sports that poor raheem feels bullied into trying to sign a new contract.
      He will hold talks with Liverpool but will not sign a new contract.
      w**ker
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1653: May 18, 2015 10:08:49 pm
      I wouldnt lose any sleep if he goes. however once again the club have been found out when it comes to negotiating contracts remembering they didnt even offer Stevie one. A lot of info has been leaked and Sterling feels the club have not protected him and that some negative media spinning has taken place.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1654: May 18, 2015 10:10:24 pm
      As we all expected, if we don't get the £40-50M fir him he should rot in the reserves.

Can't he buy out his contract in a few months anyway? We'd probably take 20-30m for him.

Although City and Chelsea being desperate to fill their homegrown quota may bump the price up a bit.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1655: May 18, 2015 10:14:51 pm
      If the stories are true, then Saturday was the last time he atempted to play for us.

Stick him in the reserves.

Quick Reply