Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 314101 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Somewhere else)
      Reply #2944: Jul 04, 2015 11:26:45 pm
      You're honestly saying that he never once mentioned Arsenal? I never said he didn't say positive things about Liverpool. Sterling just happens to have a n*b of an agent which then means their dissatisfaction with the agent falls directly to the player too. You say it wasn't the case for Suarez going on about a dream move but I don't recall Sterling saying anything about wanting to join City.

Personally, I wouldn't be arsed if he does move but to make it seem like he's the first player to act like this is strange.

I don't actually remember seeing anything more than the odd bit about Arsenal that he was saying, he certainly didn't say it was a dream move like you have suggested was the case.

What's your point about Sterling and City? He done the interviews etc before City were even bidding for him. Sterling is getting slated because of that, regardless of city bidding for him or not.

Nobody is making him seem like he is the first player to do anything. Difference is that he has been a regular for 2 seasons, one of which was an abysmal season but yet thinks he can do better than us. He hasn't proven anything, he hasn't carried us, all he has done is moan, play crap and miss open goals.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2945: Jul 04, 2015 11:35:53 pm
      So, because he carried us for a couple of seasons that means he can bite people to get a transfer and constantly talking about wanting to join this and that club? F**k me! Gerrard did this and people burnt his shirts, sent him death threats and god knows what else so not sure on your argument about him carrying the team.
      yeah mate, but you're not going to send Suarez death threats , he'll creep into you're bedroom at night and drink your blood if you do .

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2946: Jul 06, 2015 09:54:42 am
      Suarez bit somebody to force through a transfer, since the minute he arrived at Liverpool he wouldn't shut up about wanting to play for Barca and he fu**ed around trying to get a transfer to Arsenal. I'd say that's behaving pretty badly and disrespecting his - at the time - current club. Still, because he was so good people kissed his arse. Just because Sterling isn't anywhere near as good doesn't mean he's behaved in a worse manner. I wouldn't lose sleep if he leaves but it's crazy seeing the difference in abuse that Sterling and Suarez got for similar things.

Haha I wouldn't say he bit people to force a move mate, that's a bit far-fetched. The Arsenal thing pissed me off too, but what he didn't do was to start trying to force it half way through the season. The transfer window opened, he said he wanted to go, we put it to bed and he got on with it. I didn't like the way it became so public, but every player is entitled to think about their future and look around  during the transfer window. Raheem and his agent have been openly disrespectful about the club since February.

And yes, it does make a difference how good a player is. Suarez agitated for Arse, pissed us around for a few weeks, then signed a new contract, got his ehad down and nearly won us the league. When he was on the pitch, he gave it everything he had for the club and his team mates. Can you say the same about Raheem? He has looked half arsed during a lot of games since Feb.

I wouldn't say either of them covered themselves in glory when it comes to wanting to leave the club, but my my personal opinion is that Raheem has gone about it far far worse than Suarez.

Edit: Regarding Barca move, he simply said it's been his boyhood dream, like most South American players, was no secret, but I don't think it disrespected the club.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #2947: Jul 06, 2015 12:25:21 pm
      So, because he carried us for a couple of seasons that means he can bite people to get a transfer and constantly talking about wanting to join this and that club? F**k me! Gerrard did this and people burnt his shirts, sent him death threats and god knows what else so not sure on your argument about him carrying the team.

Obviously its not fine for him to bite people ever...but as others have eluded to he didn't disrespect the club in the same way Raheem has, its completely understandable to want to play for Barca/Real Madrid even more so as a south american. I only mean Suarez was given more leeway because of how he carried the club and was vitally important to us at that time.

On the past years evidence Raheem is nowhere near as important and much less of a catalyst than Luis was. Raheem has gone about this in a terrible way.

I don't see the relevance of Gerrard having shirts burnt, that was because again he was idolised by the club supporters...

Suarez and Gerrard are two greats of the game, Raheem may go on to be...

Suarez and Gerrard have been two incredible players for us over a number of years. Raheem is still in the 'potential' category for me.
      I see it as if you are a standout player and your side is not performing - you're repeatedly having to dig them out of trouble then you are well within your rights to find a team that can match your ability and ambitions. Suarez has done this after proving how good he was for us!

Raheem has the ego of a man who has carried us in this way...but clearly has not! If he was top scorer of the prem this season just gone or thereabouts then you could understand - but it wasn't as though he was even our best player?

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2948: Jul 06, 2015 12:38:57 pm
      Obviously its not fine for him to bite people ever...but as others have eluded to he didn't disrespect the club in the same way Raheem has, its completely understandable to want to play for Barca/Real Madrid even more so as a south american. I only mean Suarez was given more leeway because of how he carried the club and was vitally important to us at that time.

On the past years evidence Raheem is nowhere near as important and much less of a catalyst than Luis was. Raheem has gone about this in a terrible way.

I don't see the relevance of Gerrard having shirts burnt, that was because again he was idolised by the club supporters...

Suarez and Gerrard are two greats of the game, Raheem may go on to be...

Suarez and Gerrard have been two incredible players for us over a number of years. Raheem is still in the 'potential' category for me.
      I see it as if you are a standout player and your side is not performing - you're repeatedly having to dig them out of trouble then you are well within your rights to find a team that can match your ability and ambitions. Suarez has done this after proving how good he was for us!

Raheem has the ego of a man who has carried us in this way...but clearly has not! If he was top scorer of the prem this season just gone or thereabouts then you could understand - but it wasn't as though he was even our best player?

So because he's South American it's Ok for him to say he wants to move to Barca but because Raheem is English he's not allowed to do the same for another team? I agree that Raheem is nowhere near as important but that doesn't mean he should be getting abuse left, right and centre. Was Raheem not one of the team's biggest contributors last season in terms of goals and assists though in a position he has no idea about? Without him we'd have been pretty fu**ed for part of the season.

I'm not for one minute saying that Raheem hasn't disrespected the club, I'm just pointing out that the difference in treatment is ridiculous. People seem to forget that Raheem is still only 20!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2949: Jul 06, 2015 02:28:03 pm
      So because he's South American it's Ok for him to say he wants to move to Barca but because Raheem is English he's not allowed to do the same for another team? I agree that Raheem is nowhere near as important but that doesn't mean he should be getting abuse left, right and centre. Was Raheem not one of the team's biggest contributors last season in terms of goals and assists though in a position he has no idea about? Without him we'd have been pretty fu**ed for part of the season.

I'm not for one minute saying that Raheem hasn't disrespected the club, I'm just pointing out that the difference in treatment is ridiculous. People seem to forget that Raheem is still only 20!

He's getting treated the way he has treated the club. That's the way I see it mate. He has brought it on himself and I don't think anyone should be defending him. If he was getting threatened physically, or his family was getting caught up, I'd say enough is enough. But fans calling him a greedy pr1ck, and saying he should f*** off to whatever club so long as we ge paid the right amount isn't going overboard.

There has been far worse, remember Spuds hanging a life size with the full shirt of Sol Campbell by the nect outside White Heart Lane? That's going too far. Sterling hasn't had anywhere near like it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6347 
      Reply #2950: Jul 06, 2015 02:35:38 pm
      Back for Training

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #2951: Jul 06, 2015 03:46:45 pm
      Is he not going to disrupt the pre-season preparation? They only work on fintess in the first few weeks anyway, Sterling should train on his own or with reserves until his future is resolved or the window is closed. A couple weeks in wilderness and Im sure he´d think twice about being a spoilt brat.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2952: Jul 06, 2015 03:47:50 pm
      keep him offer him 100k again to sign a 5yr deal with 60-70mil buy out clause and tell him if we dont make CL he can go for his clause next season. Just like we did with Suarez and we all know how well that almost turned out the season he stayed.
      not comparing the to far from it i just think we dont want to become a feeder club as next it will be Coutinho being poached etc and clubs will no just over pay and LFC will sell.

stand firm tell him striaght you will NOT be sold this summer so either sign a new deal or stay on ya 35k for the next 2 seasons and we will take whatever compensation we are owed when you go.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2953: Jul 06, 2015 03:59:14 pm

That is one sweet ride.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6347 
      Reply #2954: Jul 06, 2015 04:02:00 pm

Professional Footballer......good work if you can find it.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2955: Jul 06, 2015 04:53:01 pm
      Is it podolski that prided himself on having a sh*te car? Can't remember who it was but always loved someone that bucked the typical stereotype footballer profile
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #2956: Jul 07, 2015 12:44:13 am
      Sterling 'most valuable player'
      A new study claims Raheem Stirling is the most valuable young player in Europe.
      He was the subject of a failed £40m bid from Man City and has been given a weighted value of £35m by the Soccerex 20 Football Value Index.
      The study analyses players of all nationalities aged under 21 and playing in Europe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33419234

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2957: Jul 07, 2015 01:09:36 am
      Is it podolski that prided himself on having a sh*te car? Can't remember who it was but always loved someone that bucked the typical stereotype footballer profile

I just checked, he's had Mercedes' and stuff. I do remember Gary Neville selling his car collection and replacing them with a Prius though.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2958: Jul 07, 2015 07:15:36 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2959: Jul 07, 2015 07:29:03 am
      I

Jürgen klinsman at Spurs used to have an old banger that he used to drive to training, think it was a VW Beetle.
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2015 08:09:39 am by HScRed1 »
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2960: Jul 07, 2015 08:05:01 am
      News coming in about a £50 Million bid from City (if you care to believe TS and Twitter)...

I would guess this will be done in the next week or so as the lads are flying out in less than a week to Thailand. I wouldn't be taking Sterling if he is to be sold - and not that we are here to 'please' City they wont want their investment flying around the world (although, I think City are in Australia too).

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2961: Jul 07, 2015 08:19:27 am
      News coming in about a £50 Million bid from City (if you care to believe TS and Twitter)...

I would guess this will be done in the next week or so as the lads are flying out in less than a week to Thailand. I wouldn't be taking Sterling if he is to be sold - and not that we are here to 'please' City they wont want their investment flying around the world (although, I think City are in Australia too).

If the 50 million quid is right then we had better wrap  Sterling in cotton wool and not let him set foot on a plane. We can't afford to take chances.
      trebor1968
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #2962: Jul 07, 2015 08:43:21 am
      Some rumours are £35 million + Jovetic, better deal than £32 million for Benteke IMO.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2963: Jul 07, 2015 09:07:39 am
      Yip, The FFP rules have been relaxed, City can now offer more for sterling.

Probably teh £45mill + £5 addons.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #2964: Jul 07, 2015 09:20:32 am
      If the 50 million quid is right then we had better wrap  Sterling in cotton wool and not let him set foot on a plane. We can't afford to take chances.

Interesting turn of phrase there - its as if you really want him gone..?

Personally, this will be the only player who I am happy to see us get rid of - aside from Diouf. I can handle the dross, the Crouch, Carroll's & Cole's of the world. Yes, they mess up the system - yes they were overpriced and over paid and offered nothing. However, they were respectful of the club (Cole was exemplary IMO) and actually tried on the most part to be a success. Whilst Sterling has been a great little player for us his actions off the field have been abhorrent. If its all his Agent then he needs to sort that out- however, he will come out of this smelling of roses.

I honestly hope that sooner rather than later they slap a £40,000 a week maximum wage on the EPL - then make agents work by getting their clients sponsorship deals to subsidise the remaining wage drop. Yes, we will not attract the 'big names' from around the world. But it would benefit all clubs in the land - plus the national side. Alas, a post for another topic perhaps...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #2965: Jul 07, 2015 09:30:16 am
      Reports that Citeh want to complete the 50m signing in time to take Sterling on tour to Australia.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2966: Jul 07, 2015 09:48:25 am
      Reports that Citeh want to complete the 50m signing in time to take Sterling on tour to Australia.

stuey, we had better make sure that nothing can go wrong till we have got the 50 mill in the bank. It is clear that Sterling does not want to be at L.F.C. so there is no alternative but to get rid of him.

Quick Reply