Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Callum Campbell

Read 12380 times
      jamestalksport
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Callum Campbell
      Feb 11, 2015 04:25:37 pm
      Hi All,

I'm James and I'm the Assistant Producer for Colin Murray on talkSPORT.

We have a feature on the show called "Monday to Friday Challenge". The listeners set me a challenge each week to track down a guest to join us over the phone on Friday's show.

This week the listeners have decided that I need to track down Callum Campbell for an interview on Friday's show. You may remember that Callum was the supporter who unfortunately bashed the beach ball onto the pitch against Sunderland in 2009.

We were hoping to track him down for a five minute chat over the phone on Friday.

If anybody is in touch with Callum or could help me try and track him down it would be much appreciated!

My email address is: james.savundra@talksport.co.uk

Thanks,

James
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Callum Campbell
      Reply #1: Feb 11, 2015 05:06:27 pm
      Tell your bosses TalkSport is appalling and one reason why England is a country of footballing Luddites if this is how people educate themselves about the game.

I mean, it provides a platform for Adrian Durham and Mike Parry to constantly carry out their brain farts live on air..... for fucks sake.
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2015 06:19:01 pm by Son Of A Gun »
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #2: Feb 11, 2015 05:08:48 pm
      That little ball bag. I would hope you get him to apologise.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #3: Feb 11, 2015 05:23:20 pm
      Sorry mate, sadly you are going to get nothing but abuse here.

I'm sympathetic because its not really your fault. But just about anyone with any knowledge of football abhors your god-awful program, and with very good reason. As the assistant producer, could you put a request in to the chief producer to not talk so much sh*te all the time?
      I understand s/he will probably refuse as its the only reason you guys are commercially successful, but its worth a shot.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4: Feb 11, 2015 05:26:39 pm
      Hahahahaaha, epic replies <3
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #5: Feb 11, 2015 05:35:53 pm
      I agree with Thaddeus, not particularly your fault but abuse will probably be our only offering..

"Hey guys, could anyone help me track down the person responsible for one of your "public floggings" so me, my boss and talkshite's sun reading listeners can further take the piss out of your club?"

Err.......
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #6: Feb 11, 2015 05:40:44 pm
      Try Carra mate, he loves talking to your lot :f_tongueincheek:
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #7: Feb 11, 2015 05:41:54 pm
      Sure mate, i'm very happy to help you all out there at talksport. He lives on Fuckoff 101 Street.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #8: Feb 11, 2015 06:20:16 pm
      TalkSHITE

Tabloid radio - 'you can't see tits, but you can certainly hear them'....

Should be your new slogan.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #9: Feb 12, 2015 11:53:35 am
      I used to listen a lot when it was Talk Radio, it wasn't great but was, at times, better and more entertaining than the sanctimonious breed at 5live.  Now I listen to neither unless it is a live game.  Tabloid nonsense when I last listened, excluding Hawksbee and Jacobs, with hosts acting as WUMs.  I know they've got to go for the lowest common denominator audience, for the advertising revenue, and I suppose someone has got to give federer Adrian Durham a job, it's just a shame this country couldn't have a better product to listen to.

Apologies to the AP, you're just doing your job, just a shame it's for the S*n of the airways.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #10: Feb 12, 2015 11:56:40 am
      TalkSHITE

Tabloid radio - 'you can't see tits, but you can certainly hear them'....

Should be your new slogan.

:lmao:
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #11: Feb 12, 2015 12:38:42 pm
      Well I listen to it more often than not when I'm in the car! I'd rather listen to Alan Brazil in the morning than the dross they play over and over on your average local radio station playlist. The drivetime show gets its fair share of whoppers but then we get plenty on here so it's no real drama.

I actually don't mind the Colin Murray show either, our College runs a senior non-league football club (Andover Town FC - I look after the Twitter/FB pages) who were involved in a world record penno shootout last season and the lad who missed the final pen was on the show with Murray and Steve Bunce, it was all pretty good natured, light humour stuff. the producers were sound and even had a few tweets back and forth with Colin Murray.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #12: Feb 12, 2015 01:11:58 pm
      right then James@talksport hope thats answered your request....

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Feb 12, 2015 01:23:58 pm
      Hi All,

I'm James and I'm the Assistant Producer for Colin Murray on talkSPORT.

We have a feature on the show called "Monday to Friday Challenge". The listeners set me a challenge each week to track down a guest to join us over the phone on Friday's show.

This week the listeners have decided that I need to track down Callum Campbell for an interview on Friday's show. You may remember that Callum was the supporter who unfortunately bashed the beach ball onto the pitch against Sunderland in 2009.

We were hoping to track him down for a five minute chat over the phone on Friday.

If anybody is in touch with Callum or could help me try and track him down it would be much appreciated!

My email address is: james.savundra@talksport.co.uk

Thanks,

James

What world do you live in, James?

Working for a shower of sh*te and coming to a football forum thinking it'll be all roses and cuddles hoping we help you out?

Do your job finding your "guests" and not relying on your audience to do your job for you. w**ker.
      jamestalksport
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Reply #14: Feb 12, 2015 01:45:10 pm
      Cheers fellas!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #15: Feb 12, 2015 02:45:47 pm
      Someone comes in and makes a polite request and we simply abuse them. That's how we roll @lfc.reds
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #16: Feb 12, 2015 02:46:32 pm
      Tell your bosses TalkSport is appalling and one reason why England is a country of footballing Luddites if this is how people educate themselves about the game.

I mean, it provides a platform for Adrian Durham and Mike Parry to constantly carry out their brain farts live on air..... for fucks sake.

Brilliant  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Feb 12, 2015 02:51:48 pm
      Someone comes in and makes a polite request and we simply abuse them. That's how we roll @lfc.reds

I think James will realise soon how foolish he was to expect anything different.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #18: Feb 12, 2015 03:22:28 pm
      I think James will realise soon how foolish he was to expect anything different.

If he was unsure before, he knows now...

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #19: Feb 12, 2015 03:44:36 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #20: Feb 12, 2015 04:03:40 pm
      In answer to the OP I don't know where Callum Campbell is but you can maybe get Glen Johnson on and ask him to apologise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5loeV-_4og#
      LFCexiled
      Reply #21: Feb 12, 2015 04:20:29 pm
      Comes in, reads first post, thinks of witty response, reads other responses, realises all witty responses covered.

*leaves*

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Feb 12, 2015 04:21:56 pm
      Callum Campbell told the Sunday Mirror he was afraid to leave his house after Liverpool’s 1-0 defeat at the Stadium of Light.

"When I got home I went into the garden and threw up. I was physically sick - and that's before the death threats started appearing on the internet the next day," Campbell said. "I watched it over and over again, and I still can't work out how it happened.

"But my mum tells me it wasn't my fault - and that's what I have to believe. The referee should never have allowed the goal. I just hope the real fans understand and forgive me.

"How was I supposed to know what would happen? It was just a bit of fun, and if I could turn back the clock and do it differently, throw the ball into the crowd instead of on to the pitch, then I would.
      "I'm really, really sorry it happened like it did.

"It's bad enough when Liverpool lose, like in a normal way, but this was just one big disaster.
      "It would have taken someone a couple of seconds to move it away, or put a foot on it and flatten it, but nobody bothered. And then it started to roll about. Just at the wrong moment. But I accept I shouldn't have thrown it on to the pitch in the first place."

link

I very much doubt he'd want to talk about it, but surely you have contacts in the Sunday Mirror.

Quick Reply