Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Pre Match: Besiktas v Liverpool - Europa League 2nd Leg Thurs 26th Feb 6pm ko

Read 13107 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Pre Match: Besiktas v Liverpool - Europa League 2nd Leg Thurs 26th Feb 6pm ko
      Reply #46: Feb 25, 2015 04:35:40 pm
      He won't go back to 4 at the back.   The gamble is already on leaving a couple of 'ankle knocks' at home - even riskier to rechange the system they've been training with for the past 3 months.

Lovren mistake for a goal to them but we'll get an away goal so happy days.

agreed, about the back 3 or 4, 
       about the 'lovren' thing , haha I would accept 2 mistakes as long as we score 2 ouselves or one to pass with away goal

YNWA

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Pre Match: Besiktas v Liverpool - Europa League 2nd Leg Thurs 26th Feb 6pm ko
      Reply #47: Feb 25, 2015 04:50:30 pm
      Looks like no Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson or Johnson in training.

Mignolet

Toure     Skrtel     Lovren

Ibe        Can         Allen       Moreno

Lallana    Sterling    Coutinho

Probable line-up?

No Coutinho either.

Mignolet

Toure     Skrtel     Lovren

Ibe        Can         Allen       Moreno

Lallana                Sterling   
                           Sturridge

That or keep Can in RCB and play Williams.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,395 posts | 3398 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #48: Feb 25, 2015 04:55:10 pm
      Who's left (Hendo/Sahko/Cou/Jonno out)
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-henderson-could-miss-crunch-5227923

Looks like being very careful with Hendo and Cou before the big City game.

Would probably go..

Mignolet
                         Can Skrtel  Lovren
                       Ibe    Rossiter   Allen   Moreno
                       Lallana  Balotelli Sterling

Would keep back 5 as has been recently.
      Start Mario rather than Studge, just about.  Though reckon BR will start Studge.
      Bench starts to look a bit bare.
      Looking forward to some turkish delight...
      CMON BOYS!!!!!!

rossiter is injured
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 43 
      Reply #49: Feb 25, 2015 04:57:46 pm
      Following the news of injuries to Hendo, Coutinho, Sakho and Johnson, I expect we may play this side:

Mignolet

Toure
      Skrtel (c)
      Lovren

Ibe
      Allen
      Can
      Moreno

Sterling
      Lallana

Sturridge

Subs: Ward; Manquillo; Williams; Brannagan; Balotelli, Lambert, Borini.

We have a very depleted squad, but it still looks strong. Still sticking with my prediction, 1-0 to us!

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #50: Feb 25, 2015 06:19:45 pm

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #51: Feb 25, 2015 06:51:16 pm
      Why is everyone intent on pushing Can up to midfield? I think we're going there to protect our lead and I would play Can-Skrtel-Lovren to do just that.

I would love if one of Brannagan, Lussey or Williams debut in midfield alongside Allen, with Sterling-Lallana behind Studge

Mignolet
      Can-Skrtel-Lovren
      Ibe-Lussey-Allen-Moreno
      Sterling-Lallana
      Sturridge
      Subs- Ward, Manquillo, Toure, Williams, Borini, Lambert, Mario
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #52: Feb 25, 2015 06:56:46 pm
      Holy f**king sh*t I'd love to see Williams/Lussey/Brannagan get a run out in our midfield, Williams especially for who we've got missing as he's more a sitter than the others.

As long as the game is secure and we are through to the next round, we don't want any slip ups.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #53: Feb 25, 2015 07:19:52 pm
      Holy F***ing sh*t I'd love to see Williams/Lussey/Brannagan get a run out in our midfield, Williams especially for who we've got missing as he's more a sitter than the others.

Never mind the F***ing and blinding Debs, I've just seen a pic of JC at Anfield so anything could happen, he might even get a run out himself but I doubt we'll need any miracles.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Feb 25, 2015 07:42:56 pm
      Never mind the F***ing and blinding Debs, I've just seen a pic of JC at Anfield so anything could happen, he might even get a run out himself but I doubt we'll need any miracles.

Tis a new generation of Reds running out at the Ataturk tomorrow night mate and any one of them could become a hero, just like those from 10 years ago  ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #55: Feb 25, 2015 08:03:49 pm
      Tis a new generation of Reds running out at the Ataturk tomorrow night mate and any one of them could become a hero, just like those from 10 years ago  ;)

May the spirit be with them Debs.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4985 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #56: Feb 25, 2015 08:42:14 pm
      Seeing that we are decimated with injuries it's time for the fringe lads to step up, our options are limited so no room for any shirkers, except of course if your a ressie, we still need to be as solid as possible so I'd keep to three at the back,we also need to have a strong-ish midfield to prevent being overrun in there, we still have options for the front three,

So in comes Toure at rcb, Skrtle cb, and Lovren lcb,, move Can in alongside wee Joe, Lallana in as the 10, with Sterling & Studge making up the trio,....

Simon
                                  Kolo   Martin   Dejan
                            Jordan                      Albert
                                      Emre     Joe
                               Raheem  Adam  Daniel

Bench; Ward, Manquillo, Williams, Ballotelli, Borini, Branagan, Lussey

Let's not kid ourselves ppl, this is going to be a lot more difficult now, if we can keep our lead until halftime I still believe we will come thru it, but we could really do with scoring and the sooner the better, despite the enforced changes I feel confident that whoever Brendan opts for they will have a plan a,b, and even a c,
      Big, big night for the young lads, I'd love to see Branagan get a run out, I think we will see Williams at some stage but tbh, I think Brendan will rely on experience even if it means playing out of position,  anyhoo, we're not a sitting back type side so for me it's sh*t or bust,
      Let's just keep to our forward thinking find a goal from somewhere and watch their heads drop, no way will they put 3 past us.

1-1

YNWA
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,315 posts | 2810 
      Reply #57: Feb 25, 2015 09:19:32 pm
      Play a kid alongside Allen in midfield because a back three of Toure, Skrtel and Lovren away from home in Europe is just asking for trouble.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #58: Feb 25, 2015 09:28:00 pm
      Play a kid alongside Allen in midfield because a back three of Toure, Skrtel and Lovren away from home in Europe is just asking for trouble.

Playing a kid beside Joe Allen could also be asking for trouble though.

I'd be inclined to push Can into midfield and have the back three you mention simply because of experience.

Mignolet

Toure  Skrtel  Lovren

Ibe     Allen     Can     Moreno

Sterling       Lallana

Sturridge
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #59: Feb 25, 2015 10:59:51 pm
      Playing a kid beside Joe Allen could also be asking for trouble though.

I'd be inclined to push Can into midfield and have the back three you mention simply because of experience.

Mignolet

Toure  Skrtel  Lovren

Ibe     Allen     Can     Moreno

Sterling       Lallana

Sturridge

My money would be on this as the starting line up. Don't see too many other options, unless Lambert starts for Sturridge with City on the weekend.

Still a strong team, mind. Decent back line (Lovren aside) with Can along side Allen. Attack is something we have seen plenty of times so no worries there.

Fancy us to nick this one. Our counter attack could bag us a goal or two.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #60: Feb 25, 2015 11:13:29 pm
      No Sakho, Hendo, Coutinho, Lucas or Gerrard.

Sweet F***ing hell and all it's burning bridges!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #61: Feb 26, 2015 01:29:39 am
      Heart says a win, Head says a draw. Mainly due to the limitations of our squad, and one eye on the city game. Am confident we'll do enough to qualify though. Cant wait now. Got a really busy day tomorrow, hope I make it back for the match on the  telly, and well done to all who have made the arduous journey. And safe journey home lads.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #62: Feb 26, 2015 06:50:47 am
      Need to put out a strong side tonight, to go through to the next round. Besiktas being a decent side, will be looking to pull back the one goal deficit and will fancy winning the tie themselves. Feel it is important to score an early goal, then the home side would need to score three times to qualify to the next round. I think a 1  1 score line on the night would be a decent result for the Reds.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #63: Feb 26, 2015 06:51:28 am
      Heart says a win, Head says a draw. Mainly due to the limitations of our squad, and one eye on the city game. Am confident we'll do enough to qualify though. Cant wait now. Got a really busy day tomorrow, hope I make it back for the match on the  telly, and well done to all who have made the arduous journey. And safe journey home lads.

We cannot really afford not to qualify, we need to go all the way in this cup and win it.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #64: Feb 26, 2015 07:03:02 am
      So based on who's not travelled etc?

Mignolet

Lovren  Skrtel   Toure

Ibe   Can   Allen   Moreno

Sterling  Sturridge  Lallana
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #65: Feb 26, 2015 08:27:55 am
      We cannot really afford not to qualify, we need to go all the way in this cup and win it.

This.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #66: Feb 26, 2015 08:40:52 am
      Yes we are missing some key players but i really think the stand ins will rise to the occasion and perform. we can do this 1 nil i reckon we will win.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #67: Feb 26, 2015 08:56:39 am
      We just need a goal. Sturridge will score it, and from there we'll coast home 2-1.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #68: Feb 26, 2015 09:28:27 am
      We just need a goal. Sturridge will score it, and from there we'll coast home 2-1.
      yes! come on REDMEN

Quick Reply