Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Pre Match: Besiktas v Liverpool - Europa League 2nd Leg Thurs 26th Feb 6pm ko

Read 13104 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Pre Match: Besiktas v Liverpool - Europa League 2nd Leg Thurs 26th Feb 6pm ko
      Reply #69: Feb 26, 2015 09:56:39 am
      Will be interesting to see if Jordan Williams is given a chance in midfield. And if needed later on Can could move into midfield.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Pre Match: Besiktas v Liverpool - Europa League 2nd Leg Thurs 26th Feb 6pm ko
      Reply #70: Feb 26, 2015 10:21:10 am
      Will be interesting to see if Jordan Williams is given a chance in midfield. And if needed later on Can could move into midfield.

Given it's been the most used sub/change recently, it wouldn't surprise me.

Can at RCB to start. Williams midfield. Toure on 2nd half? Williams off. Can to midfield.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #71: Feb 26, 2015 10:31:59 am
      Simple. Don't lose and we're through.

If we don't concede in the first half we'll sail through this game comfortably. If we concede in the first five minutes I can imagine us falling to pieces.

But remember, 1 goal and they need to score 3. So go and have a go lads. Attack is the best form of defence.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #72: Feb 26, 2015 12:58:27 pm
      According to one of Lussey's parents, Sinclair, Lussey, and Brannagan are in contention for a single place on a bench. Whether this means Williams is starting or whether Williams is assured of a place on the bench wasn't clear (or maybe Williams isn't in contention at all).
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #73: Feb 26, 2015 01:00:13 pm

Lets go reds, YNWA!

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #74: Feb 26, 2015 01:09:29 pm
      According to one of Lussey's parents, Sinclair, Lussey, and Brannagan are in contention for a single place on a bench. Whether this means Williams is starting or whether Williams is assured of a place on the bench wasn't clear (or maybe Williams isn't in contention at all).

I'd nearly put money on Williams being in the squad.
      Maybe Brannagan, given where he plays.

Sinclair has been in great form but where does he feature with Sturridge and Balotelli fit?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #75: Feb 26, 2015 01:19:57 pm
      I'd nearly put money on Williams being in the squad.
      Maybe Brannagan, given where he plays.

Sinclair has been in great form but where does he feature with Sturridge and Balotelli fit?

They are all in the squad - just a question on who makes the final team sheet. I also don't think it is a question of strategy, more giving a young player a shot. Thus, I don't think it matters that Sturridge and Balotelli are fit, if Sinclair performs the best of the quartet in the training before the team is named.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #76: Feb 26, 2015 01:28:38 pm
      They are all in the squad - just a question on who makes the final team sheet. I also don't think it is a question of strategy, more giving a young player a shot. Thus, I don't think it matters that Sturridge and Balotelli are fit, if Sinclair performs the best of the quartet in the training before the team is named.

18 man squad.

You made the statement.
      If Williams isn't on the bench he'll probably start.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #77: Feb 26, 2015 01:32:30 pm
      18 man squad.

You made the statement.
      If Williams isn't on the bench he'll probably start.

Nah mate. That's match day squad. There are extra players (up to 22) named in the squad (there's a word for this which I can't remember off the top of my head) for each game in case of last minute changes. In European competitions this has to be named a day in advance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #78: Feb 26, 2015 01:33:11 pm
      Nah mate. That's match day squad. There are extra players (up to 22) named in the squad (there's a word for this which I can't remember off the top of my head) for each game in case of last minute changes. In European competitions this has to be named a day in advance.

But there is still only 18 in the match day squad.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #79: Feb 26, 2015 01:36:05 pm
      Little bit more defensive minded and compact with outbursts going forward. Manquillo has to start for this reason, with Ibe pushed to attacking position giving Lallana a break before the big game. Shame we dont have any competent midfielder apart from Allen for this game so Can has to play in midfield thus disrupting the back three. Jay Spearing would be ideal for a game like this. We score first and Besiktas will fold, making it very easy for us. 3:0, Sturridge hattrick.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #80: Feb 26, 2015 01:42:28 pm
      But there is still only 18 in the match day squad.
      Yes, so? All the players named above are in contention for that by being on the 22 man list and according to Lussey's parent one of the 3 of Lussey, Brannagan and Sinclair are going to be in it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #81: Feb 26, 2015 01:44:17 pm
      Yes, so? All the players named above are in contention for that by being on the 22 man list and according to Lussey's parent one of the 3 of Lussey, Brannagan and Sinclair are going to be in it.

I think you're confusing yourself Thad.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #82: Feb 26, 2015 01:45:02 pm
      Would love to see Williams start in a pressured game and see what he's made of!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #83: Feb 26, 2015 01:54:35 pm
      I think you're confusing yourself Thad.

I think you think I'm saying something I'm not.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #84: Feb 26, 2015 01:56:37 pm
      Going to be a very tricky game tonight, considering we only won via a pen, need minimum 2 goals tonight.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #85: Feb 26, 2015 02:00:53 pm
      Is KO 6pm UK time?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #86: Feb 26, 2015 02:02:15 pm
      Think one would do Shabs. We dont concede many goals these days. Besiktas are not going to get 3 or more against us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #87: Feb 26, 2015 02:17:25 pm
      Little bit more defensive minded and compact with outbursts going forward. Manquillo has to start for this reason, with Ibe pushed to attacking position giving Lallana a break before the big game. Shame we dont have any competent midfielder apart from Allen for this game so Can has to play in midfield thus disrupting the back three. Jay Spearing would be ideal for a game like this. We score first and Besiktas will fold, making it very easy for us. 3:0, Sturridge hattrick.

Jay Spearing?

Why wound a Championship level player be ideal to have in midfield in an important away European cup competition fixture?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #88: Feb 26, 2015 02:41:47 pm
      I think you think I'm saying something I'm not.

I thought we were talking about the 18 man matchday squad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #89: Feb 26, 2015 02:43:30 pm
      I thought we were talking about the 18 man matchday squad.

So did I.

It is the only proper squad after all as anything else isn't really relevant.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #90: Feb 26, 2015 02:47:44 pm
      Tough game for us tonight, will even take a scrappy one nil win.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #91: Feb 26, 2015 02:48:40 pm
      Tough game for us tonight, will even take a scrappy one nil win.

I'll take a 0-0 as long as we get through.

Quick Reply