Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool Accounts to May 31st 2014

Read 4662 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Liverpool Accounts to May 31st 2014
      Mar 02, 2015 05:22:44 pm
      Latest accounts for anyone who's interested. 

Liverpool Football Club has recorded a profit for the first time in seven years, Anfield’s annual accounts reveal.

The Reds are now back in the black for the first time since their darkest days under the ill-fated Tom Hicks and George Gillett regime.

Liverpool, now under Boston based ownership team Fenway Sports Group, recorded a modest profit - just short of £1m - but it was evidence of a major turnaround in financial fortunes given the previous’ year’s balance sheet reported a loss of almost £50m.

The Reds have also returned to the Deloitte Money League’s top ten clubs in the past 12 months, now standing ninth.

The figures just lodged at Companies House and covering the 12 month period to May 31, 2014, reflect the second year of Brendan Rodgers’ time as manager - a period in which Liverpool had no European football and came within a whisker of winning the Premier League.

Neither do these latest accounts cater for the £70m plus record fee received from Barcelona for Luis Suarez.

Liverpool Chief Executve Ian Ayre said: “We continue to make good financial progress.

“Although these results are nearly 12 months old, they demonstrate that the transitional period we’ve been through over the past four years has stabilised the club and provided a platform for growth.

“Revenue has been consistently increasing from around £170m in 2009 to over £250m today and our commercial revenues continue to add strength to our overall results.”

*More from Ian Ayre on how 'this is a huge swing' for LFC

Liverpool’s net debt increased by just over £12m to over £57m but Anfield’s board are unconcerned that figure, insisting it can go up and down each year depending on where transfer deals - and due payments regarding them - stand at any one time.

During the Hicks and Gillett three and a half year tenure, Liverpool were burdened with annual interest payments of between £25m and £30m to pay for the Americans’ purchase of the club back in February 2007.

FSG - in particular Principal owner John W Henry and current Reds chairman Tom Werner - wiped out that ‘acquisition debt’ in October 2010 when they bought the club and saved it from administration after a titanic High Court battle in London.

The previous set of accounts to these latest figures showed how FSG have injected an interest free intercompany loan of £46m to help pay off debts associated with previous problems, including the failed Stanley Park Stadium Project.

FSG have since gone back to the drawing board and emerged with a scheme to redevelop Anfield, replacing first the Main Stand and then it is hoped over time, the Anfield Road End, which faces the Kop.

Work on the gigantic £100m new Main Stand, which will provide around 8,500 extra seats at Anfield, began in early December and should be complete for the start of the 2016/17 season.

KEY HIGHLIGHTS AT A GLANCE
      LFC revenue increased by 19% to £255.6m
      Media revenue increased by 46% to £100.9 million
      Commercial revenue increased by 5% to £103.8m
      Profit before tax was £0.9 million compared to a 2013 loss of £49.8m
      LFC moved up three places to 9th in Deloitte’s Money League
      Net debt increased by £12.2m to £57.3m but overall debt has decreased from £237m when FSG took over in 2010

LFC Accounts

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-accounts-show-club-back-8752942
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2015 01:19:14 am by JD »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Liverpool Accounts to May 31st 2014
      Reply #1: Mar 02, 2015 05:47:17 pm

Looking much healthier, and I expect to see this get better as revenues increase, but I'd also like to see this reflected in the team. (I think we will see a change in buying strategy this summer).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Mar 02, 2015 06:10:19 pm
      Looking much healthier, and I expect to see this get better as revenues increase, but I'd also like to see this reflected in the team. (I think we will see a change in buying strategy this summer).

Maybe not this summer but I'd be disappointed if it doesn't the summer after.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3: Mar 02, 2015 06:15:47 pm

You spend it or you pay taxes...doubt at the time that they want that so hopefully we see it plowed right back into an ever improving squad.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Mar 02, 2015 06:30:54 pm
      You spend it or you pay taxes...doubt at the time that they want that so hopefully we see it plowed right back into an ever improving squad.

True but if they did their sums right last summer, there shouldn't be any or very little profit to be taxed on  ;)

Personally I see this summer being one of clearing out unsuitable players and sorting out new contracts for those who are staying that need them.

We may bring in one or two but they'll still be fairly unproven, young but talented players rather than the high profile players some will want.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #5: Mar 02, 2015 06:35:52 pm
      Taken from https://twitter.com/lovefutebol

Having a quick peruse of the #lfc accounts. Interesting to see non-UK turnover has increased from £8.1m to £14.9m, an increase of 84%.

Commercial income at #lfc increased only by 6%, but there's a swathe of deals not included in those figures.

Directors costs down from £1.338m to £1.026m, largest director (presumably Ian Ayre) emolument down slightly from £1.010m to £1.007m.

Number of coaches and scouts on #lfc's books has increased from 64 in 2013 to 81 in 2014.

Staff costs:
      2014 £143.749m
      2013 £132.240m
      Increase due in part to 2014's performance/bonus payments (and referred to in notes).

Post-balance sheet. "Since FY end, #lfc contracted for purchase/sale of players. Net amount is £60.4m. Cumulative P&L effect is £52m profit"

Matchday income up by 15%, despite no European football. Hospitality sales up in good season, pre-season tour directly managed by club. Would presume that both had a major effect in income, as I don't think #lfc played significantly more fixtures at Anfield in 2014 cf. 2013.

Also worth noting in respect to #lfc wages, 11 FTE added to players/mangers/coaches (biggest costs) in 2014 (138) compared to 2013 (127).

A welcome reduction in contingent liabilities for transfers (e.g. if
      • player makes so many apps further sum due). Now £12.8m, was £16.1m.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6: Mar 02, 2015 07:50:23 pm

Agreed.
      I might be being overly optimistic ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #7: Mar 02, 2015 10:45:57 pm
      Agreed.
      I might be being overly optimistic ;D

;D

I don't think anyone has ever accused you of that mate

:D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Mar 03, 2015 07:25:42 am
      Cheers, debs. I can have a thorough look tomorrow but quick figures look healthy.

Nothing really surprising given the TV deal and being on tele the most.

I think next season will be where we see "one or two really quality players" being added. Bit of a cleansing with some dead wood leaving (Borini, Aspas etc.) and maintaining most of the first team squad we have right now.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #9: Mar 03, 2015 08:12:53 am
      Its taken a few years (and probably was always going to) - but finances are now fairly stable.

Next set of accounts will be show healthy growth on the revenue side due to champions league, with only a relatively modest increase (say £20-25m) on player ammortisation (based on c£100m summer spend on lallana, lovren, marko and co , on 4-5 year contracts)

If we can keep the momentum now and get 3rd and that guaranteed CL place, summer dealings could be very interesting indeed
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2015 08:36:10 am
      Next set of accounts will be show healthy growth on the revenue side due to champions league, with only a relatively modest increase (say £20-25m) on player ammortisation (based on c£100m summer spend on lallana, lovren, marko and co , on 4-5 year contracts)

Yes. Possibly even some bonus sponsorship from CL Involvement. Not to mention Suarez sale which will be a massive recorded profit. Possibly 70m+ on the books.

However to avoid recording a big profit the club may have ploughed this in to a stadium build fund.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2015 08:44:12 am
      Well whoopy-doo. Lets all go out and celebrate.
      Sell our best ever player, ridiculous ticket prices, less net investment than the Moores era of 10 yrs ago. Infact with wage cuts its nigh on zero net investment AT ALL! 50k fans waiting for a ticket, but an 8k prawn sandwich eaters increase. Oh and fans investment turned down in favour of a basketballer who thinks our badge is a griffin..  :o

But hey! A nice big fat profit for the brand!
      Lets all write thankyou letters for lJohnny Foureyes making ever more money out of us. :roll:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2015 10:17:25 am
      Well whoopy-doo. Lets all go out and celebrate.
      Sell our best ever player, ridiculous ticket prices, less net investment than the Moores era of 10 yrs ago. Infact with wage cuts its nigh on zero net investment AT ALL! 50k fans waiting for a ticket, but an 8k prawn sandwich eaters increase. Oh and fans investment turned down in favour of a basketballer who thinks our badge is a griffin..  :o

But hey! A nice big fat profit for the brand!
      Lets all write thankyou letters for lJohnny Foureyes making ever more money out of us. :roll:

Did you read the figures? :D 0.9m in profit is "a nice big fat profit".

Well done on cementing your position as the forum window licker.

And uh...if you read it...it's our first profit in just under a decade. lJohnny Foureyes has made a loss on the club thus far through investment.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2015 10:22:13 am
      Looking at those figures, wages as a percentage of turnover is 56.24%
      Probably one of the healthiest in the league.

With Suarez gone and Gerrard, possibly Johnson, leaving that won't go up either.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2015 11:21:34 am
      Did you read the figures? :D 0.9m in profit is "a nice big fat profit".

Well done on cementing your position as the forum window licker.

And uh...if you read it...it's our first profit in just under a decade. lJohnny Foureyes has made a loss on the club thus far through investment.

Yes thats the profit or loss in relation to British tax law. It doesn't reflect the actual value of the company, the huge new TV deals etc.
      We had one of our worst starts for DECADES up til December, but you can't stop kissing their arses.

Foureyes has made a big wad of money so far. Purely because he can hold the fans to ransom.
      Winning trophies, continuing traditions? Your hero doesn't give a F**k!

This is a leveraged hedge fund purchase. Cash withdrawals would be made via the companies financing the club purchase IE FURTHER UP THE OWNERSHIP CHAIN. He doesn't go to the hole in the wall with a bank card to withdraw from the club accts! :roll:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15: Mar 03, 2015 11:35:39 am
      ;D

I don't think anyone has ever accused you of that mate

:D

;D
      I'm also cynical and crabby as well as being overly optimistic  :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Mar 03, 2015 11:48:20 am
      Our cheapest season tickets= FIVE TIMES the price of R Madrid's cheapest

I suppose that's the benefit of having an 80,000 seater stadium,
      and having a distribution system that favours Real Madrid and Barcelona.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #17: Mar 03, 2015 01:05:30 pm
      Who got the £1M of 'foreign tax'.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #18: Mar 03, 2015 08:09:29 pm
      Yes thats the profit or loss in relation to British tax law. It doesn't reflect the actual value of the company, the huge new TV deals etc.
      We had one of our worst starts for DECADES up til December, but you can't stop kissing their arses.

Foureyes has made a big wad of money so far. Purely because he can hold the fans to ransom.
      Winning trophies, continuing traditions? Your hero doesn't give a F**k!

This is a leveraged hedge fund purchase. Cash withdrawals would be made via the companies financing the club purchase IE FURTHER UP THE OWNERSHIP CHAIN. He doesn't go to the hole in the wall with a bank card to withdraw from the club accts! :roll:

Not my hero. If my hero were an investor i'd be a sad individual.

Learn a thing or two instead of spouting hyperbole.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Mar 04, 2015 06:44:24 pm
      Foureyes has made a big wad of money so far.

Foureyes  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply