Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Major League Soccer

Read 106897 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Major League Soccer
      Reply #322: Oct 24, 2016 06:32:37 pm
      Seriously, that Seattle comeback was ridiculous. The fact that they've done it without Dempsey because of his irregular heartbeat is impressive too. Lodeiro has been superb. I'd pencil him in as early MVP favorite for next season.

They're, hosting so that game would be 7 or 7:30 p.m. PT, so yeah you're not getting any sleep :laugh:

Is that what the problem is with Dempsey? I read a bit ago that he wouldn't finish the season but I had no idea what the reason was. In the last 14 games their record is: 8 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses. For the records that teams in the MLS have away from home then it makes it more impressive. Since they started playing well (last 14 games), only NYRB have picked up more points than Seattle.

I can handle a 12-12:30am kick off time, some of Seattle's games lately have been at like 3am :D.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #323: Oct 24, 2016 09:15:06 pm
      West: LA (3) vs. Salt Lake (6) ; Seattle (4) vs. Kansas City (5)
      East: Toronto (3) vs. Philadelphia (6) ; D.C. (4) vs. Montreal (5)

Dallas (1), Colorado (2), NY Red Bulls (1) and NYCFC (2) get byes.

I was disappointed for Toronto FC not to get the bye but they should be able to handle the Union pretty well and kinda exciting/sad that this will be the clubs first playoff game at BMO field. I really do like Toronto squad and if they can play to their ability should be able have a good run at the MLS Cup

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #324: Oct 28, 2016 04:37:10 pm
      Knockout round is done with Toronto FC, Montreal Impact (surprise result), LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounder moving on to the next round

Matchup's will be

NYRB v Montreal
      NYCFC vs TFC

Colorado vs LA
      FC Dallas vs Seattle
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #325: Oct 28, 2016 06:42:23 pm
      That Seattle & Kansas game was incredibly boring! Glad to see Seattle go through though.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #326: Oct 28, 2016 09:28:54 pm
      http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/2980505/mls-sets-average-attendance-record-in-2016-as-seattle-sounders-lead-all-clubs 

Crazy that the revs attendance went up,mostly a horrible team this year and the coach kept his job.Dallas has the best team and worst support,figure that one out?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #327: Oct 28, 2016 09:40:54 pm
      http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/2980505/mls-sets-average-attendance-record-in-2016-as-seattle-sounders-lead-all-clubs 

Crazy that the revs attendance went up,mostly a horrible team this year and the coach kept his job.Dallas has the best team and worst support,figure that one out?

Seattle having over 42,000 even with a lesser avg. attendance of 3.6% is crazy.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #328: Oct 30, 2016 04:51:35 pm
      Not too surprised Toronto FC numbers are up, the squad put together is starting to bring back fans they lost over the long period of losing when they brought the team in 11 years ago plus all the renovations done to BMO field
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #329: Oct 30, 2016 06:07:53 pm
      Big day today! All 4 games are on back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

Montreal v NY Red Bulls
      LA v Colorado
      Toronto v NYCFC
      Seattle v Dallas
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #330: Oct 30, 2016 08:00:10 pm
      Big day today! All 4 games are on back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

Montreal v NY Red Bulls
      LA v Colorado
      Toronto v NYCFC
      Seattle v Dallas

I'm debating whether to watch them or the NFL games that are on :D.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #331: Oct 31, 2016 02:54:31 am
      Seattle are looking quality in this game. 2-0 up after 54 minutes. I wish Iain Dowie would F**k off though, he can't even speak properly ffs.

Make that 3-0 after 57 minutes. What a counter attack!! Lodeiro and Morris are so important to this team.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #332: Oct 31, 2016 02:53:40 pm
      My biggest concern for Toronto FC was giving away goals at home the 1st leg but they were able to keep a clean sheet and got a 2nd goal late to take little bit of pressure on them going to New York the second leg. I just hope they don't try to park the bus for 90 minutes cause they are going to lose doing that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #333: Oct 31, 2016 03:44:53 pm
      My biggest concern for Toronto FC was giving away goals at home the 1st leg but they were able to keep a clean sheet and got a 2nd goal late to take little bit of pressure on them going to New York the second leg. I just hope they don't try to park the bus for 90 minutes cause they are going to lose doing that.

With the way away teams tend to perform I'm not surprised by most of the results but I expected a lot more from Dallas. That tie for me is over and done with. 

Yeah things won't go well for Toronto if they invite NYC to attack them at will. With Giovinco and then Altidore's size they always have an outlet.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #334: Oct 31, 2016 08:22:00 pm
      I'm alright with both results in the East. Massively disappointed in the West, especially Seattle beating up Dallas. Can't stand Seattle's fans.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #335: Oct 31, 2016 09:15:33 pm
      I'm alright with both results in the East. Massively disappointed in the West, especially Seattle beating up Dallas. Can't stand Seattle's fans.

I started watching Seattle when I found out Djimi Traore played for them after he scored that screamer :D. Turns out he's now on the coaching staff. No idea what the actual fan base is like or anything though.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #336: Nov 01, 2016 03:01:14 pm
      I started watching Seattle when I found out Djimi Traore played for them after he scored that screamer :D. Turns out he's now on the coaching staff. No idea what the actual fan base is like or anything though.

They tend to act smug and superior to everyone, so fans of every other club love to take the piss out of them when they lose haha
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #337: Nov 01, 2016 03:59:04 pm
      They tend to act smug and superior to everyone, so fans of every other club love to take the piss out of them when they lose haha

Agreed, especially when they first came into the league they figure they were the crem de la crem of supporters.

I am not surprised by all the home teams winning as much as none of the away teams were able to score an away goal. According to Vanny the team plans to keep things the same cause away goal is valuable (hoping for Giovinco magic)

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #338: Nov 01, 2016 04:18:07 pm

Neither can I after wathing this sh*te.

http://youtu.be/N6kx9V8O-F8
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #339: Nov 07, 2016 10:07:32 am
      Well that referee in the Dallas vs Seattle game last night deserves to be banned from refereeing ever again. He was an absolute embarrassment. The Seattle keeper got booked for time wasting because the ball boy took an age to give him the ball, how does that work? The keeper was then warned 5 minutes later when as he's trying to take a quick kick out of his hands, a Dallas play jumps in front of him in the box to stop him taking it. Dallas' own fans, ball boys and players wasted more time than anybody in that game by refusing to give the ball back and by causing unnecessary stoppages in play when their own team needed 3 goals :D.

Seattle also should have had a penalty, Rosales should have been sent off for diving 80000000 times and one of their defenders should have been sent off for a last man foul late(ish) in the game. He basically let the game carry on regardless of any fouls in the effort of giving Dallas more time to score goals.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #340: Nov 07, 2016 02:44:09 pm
      I am looking forward to playing the Montreal Impact and hope this playoff matchup and the winner going to the MLS Cup final will be the breakthrough for MLS in Canada as it is only really followed by people who live in the cities (Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver).

Seattle are on roll but Colorado been very strong this year and see if their defending can hold the likes of Loderio and Morris
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #341: Nov 07, 2016 03:52:52 pm
      Was great to see the ny clubs getting destroyed yesterday.Holy crap that seattle vid..i don't get the" i luv the team so much i'm not gonna watch" sh*te.surprised someone didn't stick that mike where the sun doesn't shine.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #342: Nov 07, 2016 04:48:06 pm
      I've not watched an awful lot of Montreal this season but what I have seen of Piatti I've been very impressed. What a match up Piatti vs Giovinco is going to be. I'm looking forward to both ties. I'm shocked at so many of the pundits saying they didn't see Seattle having a chance. They're arguably the most in-form team in the MLS, in this form they're no joke yet they were perceived as being one based on the early season performances.

An all Canadian tie in the Eastern final, that would have made for a really good MLS final.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #343: Nov 08, 2016 05:45:19 pm
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #344: Nov 09, 2016 08:52:29 pm
      It is disappointing that both legs of the semi for the east will be played midweek. According to media they have already sold 30k worth of tickets to the first leg in montreal though many believe if it was on the week it would of been a sell out of 60k (a lot of toronto fc supporters would of made the trip on the weekend) but with internationals during the process it does make it tough.

My hope is both Altidore and Bradly come back healthy from their WCQ (they have gotten hurt on international duty in the past)

Quick Reply