Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Your favourite season

Read 7899 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Re: Your favourite season
      Reply #23: Mar 08, 2015 02:05:31 am
      1994/5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCMV47iJJjc#

2000/01 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btkWNZe-FsA#ws

2005/6 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_Liverpool_F.C._season

2008/9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvULm9hx6Ec#

2013/14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2oImGf1wBM#ws

Special shout out to the season Robbie Fowler came to the first team and scored 6 goals against fulham over 2 legs in the league cup in his first few matches.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Mar 08, 2015 11:21:55 pm
      How can anyone suggest last season! Kidding of course...but it was the most gut-wrenching finalé ever. Refuse to watch any highlights from last season...hurt like hell. Never felt so deflated after anything in my life.

2004-05 for me.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Mar 09, 2015 12:04:04 am
      How can anyone suggest last season! Kidding of course...but it was the most gut-wrenching finalé ever. Refuse to watch any highlights from last season...hurt like hell. Never felt so deflated after anything in my life.

2004-05 for me.

I have to watch this now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAOq9yR-7FU#

Game of Mellor's life. Goal and an assist.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Mar 09, 2015 08:37:59 am
      1959/60 the arrival of Bill Shankly  to set this club on it's way to glory.
       !963/64 Our first league champions under the leadership of Shanks.
       !964/65 The first time we won the F.A. Cup, it set the town of Liverpool and Anfield alight, so many memories.
       Liverpool Supporters have so much to thank Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan,Kenny  Dalglish Houllier and Rafa for enriching our history by bringing so many  trophies to Anfield.
           So for me 1964/65 has to be the most memorable with the F.A. Cup coming to Anfield for the first time, it was also the season I won a L.F.C. raffle of all expenses paid to see the REDS play Chelsea in the semi Final at Villa Park. The atmosphere in Liverpool was electric when Big Ron and the lads did the tour of the city.
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2015 08:29:54 am by Billy1 »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #27: Mar 09, 2015 04:14:53 pm
      Born in 87 so the 2001 treble season is up there for me. I was lucky enough to go both the league cup and FA cup finals and Michael Owens last minute brace was something I'll remember for the rest of my life.

The 2005 season was also special with our European success. The final itself was truly incredible but some great games leading up to it too.

But strangely even though we won nothing, last season was my favourite. The football we played was breath taking, certainly the best I've seen during my life time and Suarez is the best player I've ever seen in a red shirt too. We were consistently brilliant and it's the most excited I've ever been about a Liverpool team. Thoroughly entertained every week. The Moyes/Utd era was very amusing too....

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #28: Mar 09, 2015 10:24:10 pm
      Born in '89 but it's really hard to choose from. The Treble Season was fantastic, UCL winning season (2005) was great. Also the 2009 one was the first where i was really hoping we'll win it.

But the last one was my favourite, and the one i'll always be bitter about it, we deserved to win it, just like in 2009, but various factors stopped us.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #29: Mar 10, 2015 08:02:22 am
      for me 1064/65 has to be the most memorable with the F.A. Cup coming to Anfield for the first time, it was also the season I won a L.F.C. raffle of all expenses paid to see the REDS play Chelsea

Ah a memorable year. It was also the year Earl of Wessex Harold met Duke William for the first time, leading to the most epic war. I'll never forget that year
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #30: Mar 10, 2015 08:31:11 am
      Ah a memorable year. It was also the year Earl of Wessex Harold met Duke William for the first time, leading to the most epic war. I'll never forget that year

I have fixed that for yer, that will teach me to put my specs on when posting.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31: Mar 10, 2015 10:00:23 am
      it was the most gut-wrenching finalé ever. Refuse to watch any highlights from last season...hurt like hell. Never felt so deflated after anything in my life.
      Me too Crouchy, me too. It was a shitty feeling mate.

It was very nearly (but not) as bad as 1988/89 season - When we were beaten 2 - 0, at Anfield, in the last minute, of the last game of the season, by Arsenal... when even a one nil defeat would have seen us win the title to add to our earlier F.A. Cup win. "Gut-wrenching" is accurate but still doesn't do the feeling, I had, full justice mate.

Not a feeling I'd ever rate as either great or favourite but each to their own. Still... for anyone who's frame of references has last season exploits left them feeling good and believing again...

... imagine what it'll be like if/when we fulfil that potential, that "belief"... 2013/14 might just be displaced as your favourite season.   8)

The future's bright, the future is Red.  ;D

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #32: Mar 10, 2015 04:02:49 pm
      So for me 1064/65 has to be the most memorable with the F.A. Cup coming to Anfield for the first time, it was also the season I won a L.F.C. raffle of all expenses paid to see the REDS play Chelsea

Frigging hell Bill, I know you're knocking on a bit, but really?

You're not THE William of 1066 fame - are you? You're right in remembering that Harold did play in red, but it was Hastings mate, not The Battle of Stamford Bridge. ;D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #33: Mar 11, 2015 04:33:58 pm
      has to be last season performance wise we was probably in the top 5 teams around the world for performance value hence the huge TV pay out we got, shame we couldnt get Suarez to stay one more season as i think we would win it this season if we had kept  him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #34: Mar 11, 2015 05:18:02 pm
      87/88, is by far my favourite, f***in awesome time to be a Red, I doubt we will match the dominance we held the rest of the league that season, we were simply unbelievably brilliant, and for me the best under the King,

Can't disagree with this choice.  Had my first season ticket in 87/88 - team were stunning.  Arguably the best Liverpool side in my lifetime.  World class players in that side who would have shone on the European stage.

05,01 and 86 all in with a shout.

Quick Reply