Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Pre-Match - Swansea v Liverpool Mon 16th March 20:00 Kick Off

Read 11259 times
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Re: Pre-Match - Swansea v Liverpool Mon 16th March 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #46: Mar 13, 2015 10:38:07 pm
      Why does Stevie automatically walk back into the starting XI?

What is it going to take for people to realize we are much better without him?

I wholeheartedly agree. Who would be dropped to make room for Gerrard...?
      No one in my opinion. The team presses better and shows more fluidity without Gerrard.
      All the folks that have been trashing Allen should really pay attention and see how immense he has been for Liverpool when he has been physically fit.
      My fear for the rest of the season would be that Gerrard is played because of the name and not for what is best for the team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #47: Mar 13, 2015 11:07:22 pm
      We really should be winning this but it could be a bit tricky although Swansea have been very average of late.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #48: Mar 14, 2015 03:09:16 am
      If we come out fighting against Swansea and put that last games insipid attack behind us then I'll be overjoyed. we really have or rather the manager and players have worked miracles getting us into the position we are.
      I think we'll carry on league form and it'll be a high scoring game, probably 4-2 to us 2-4 or whatever.
      I'd rather Lallana than Markovic if that's the choice, Lallana's touch is class.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #49: Mar 14, 2015 08:58:44 am
      I wholeheartedly agree. Who would be dropped to make room for Gerrard...?
      No one in my opinion.

My fear for the rest of the season would be that Gerrard is played because of the name and not for what is best for the team.

Hmm...

When push comes to shove, it boils down to whether or not you trust Brendan to do what's best for the team. It doesn't seem like you do which is fair enough; you are entitled to your opinion. But...

You appear to be worrying about a series of events which might never happen. Why?  :-\
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #50: Mar 14, 2015 09:16:54 am
      Who said he does or is going to?

:laugh:

Looks like - Fednerr'nerr has misplaced his journal again...

'Everything I like about Liverpool F.C.: The Definitive Collection' by Fed (aged 33 & 3/4)

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #51: Mar 14, 2015 11:50:10 am
      Just pissed off its monday night game. Was really looking forward to it today, didn't realise. Ah well, just have to watch all our competitors for top 4 fall apart preceding our match. 2 : 0 the red men.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2015 06:14:35 am
      whats peoples thoughts on Flano being able to adapt to wing back?

IMHO, i think he'd be a great WB
      Flano had a lot of good games last season,i would really like to see him playing as a wing back,im not sure he would do well in an offensive role but im really eager to see him back on the pitch.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #53: Mar 15, 2015 06:21:17 am
      Im not totally confident in us wining this game after the Blackburn match,but this is a PL match so im hoping lads will give it their best.Im hoping that Coutinho would be playing best he can and Sturridge not to be selfish as he knows to be.Anyway,if we play this game top class than we shouldnt have a problem winning it and scoring two to three goals.Wishing a 0:3 victory for the Reds. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      BostonReds
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Swansea
      Reply #54: Mar 15, 2015 07:46:55 pm
      Hi all.  My brother and I are coming over to go to the Swansea match from the States.   Anybody have any idea where the Liverpool fans are going to meet up before the match.   I have been to Anfield a few times but never to an away match.  Thanks

Chris
      Phect
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #55: Mar 16, 2015 08:24:54 am
      They have no threat without Bony. Should be a straight forward 3 points this.

Mignolet

Can     Skrtel    Sakho

Sterling    Hendo        Allen      Moreno

Lallana        Coutinho

Sturridge
      That's exactly how I'd set it up as well. Lallana seems to be missing something from his game (decission making skills in the final third are seriously letting him down), but Sterling looked really good when he played RWB last time and I disagree that it would be a waste of talent to put him there.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #56: Mar 16, 2015 08:33:57 am

You are safe Ian, I can't see Brendan Rodgers picking him.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #57: Mar 16, 2015 09:44:27 am
      Cant wait for this!! Love the Monday night games, Carragher and Neville's analysis second to none. Shrewd move by sky getting them two. Could listen to them talk football all night :)
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #58: Mar 16, 2015 09:54:00 am
      due to the weeknds results this has become massive... this is always a negative playing Monday nights

need to catch up to Utd goal differnce too... 3-0 would be great but we need a win at any cost TBH!

The only games we can afford to drop point during this last 10 game run in, are the London away games...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,197 posts | 4406 
      Reply #59: Mar 16, 2015 10:51:11 am
      A win is the priority, No need to go chasing GD, I still have nightmares about the Palace game last year!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #60: Mar 16, 2015 12:35:01 pm
      bring Sakho in and put Can on the bench to rest him up, Gerrard on the bench also to play in the blackburn game for me as we will need his experiance to get through.
      i dont think swansea will be as tough as people think, i'm going for  a 2-0 win Lallana, Strurridge.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #61: Mar 16, 2015 01:20:13 pm
      bring Sakho in and put Can on the bench to rest him up, Gerrard on the bench also to play in the blackburn game for me as we will need his experiance to get through.
      i dont think swansea will be as tough as people think, i'm going for  a 2-0 win Lallana, Strurridge.

Dude, really?!  :f_doh:

Martin Skrtel (concussion) and Joe Allen (hip) are expected to be passed fit to face Garry Monk’s Swansea, while Steven Gerrard is set to make his comeback after missing the past seven matches with a hamstring injury

I think we can expect the standard back-3 and RWB-Hendo-Allen-Moreno. RWB is probably the tricky one. Will Lazar be given a chance and Sterling start in the front-3 with Lallana benched?

Rumors that Mario is ill and is out of tonight's game.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #62: Mar 16, 2015 01:48:24 pm
      How many times we have been the last team to play when every other clubs have completed their rounds. We're always playing last why we always end up playing last? I just don't like it. Waiting for the game to come round is bloody frustrating.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,418 posts | 2835 
      Reply #63: Mar 16, 2015 03:07:47 pm
      Tough one tonight. United and Arsenal have both put the pressure on us with convincing wins. Absolutely vital we win so we know that beating United next weekend will take us above them.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #64: Mar 16, 2015 03:39:50 pm
      Hope we do them on the counter. Inclined to play fast Sterling up front flanked by quick players as well. Note sure why Im getting so nervous, its just Swansea ffs. come on redmen
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #65: Mar 16, 2015 04:44:12 pm
      They will have all the possession, we will hopefully have all the chances, tonight is going to be Danny's night.

3-1
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #66: Mar 16, 2015 05:58:50 pm
      I'd like to see a front three of Danny, Sterling and Phil tonight.

I think this is an easyish game for us and if we go ahead early I expect a decent win.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #67: Mar 16, 2015 06:50:10 pm
      I'd like to see a front three of Danny, Sterling and Phil tonight.

I think this is an easyish game for us and if we go ahead early I expect a decent win.

That would be well cool but I'd like Lallana instead of Raheem, just because of the slight greedy and wasteful manner he has sometimes. Nothing wrong with hunger and desire but he's young and needs to keep his head down to earth and not think he's the main man. Daniel Sturridge is the main man when he's fit. He's the focus and the person to aim the ball to.
      I won't complain With Sterling playing instead (what a problem to have, so much in the attacking midfield area) ... who knows; all three of Coutinho, Sterling and Lallana could play.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,661 posts | 6958 
      Reply #68: Mar 16, 2015 07:32:05 pm
      Pre Match Topic Locked.

In game Match Topic is here http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,47501.0.html

Quick Reply