Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jerome Sinclair joins Wigan

Read 3346 times
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 472 posts | 22 
      Jerome Sinclair joins Wigan
      Mar 13, 2015 04:19:14 pm
      Jerome Sinclair will join Sheyi Ojo at Wigan Athletic until the end of the season.

Looks like Brendan is doing his old friend Malky a favour.

Great for Sinclair and Ojo to get first team football at just 17 years of age. Not many PL teams seem to do this for my liking. Our young talent right now is frighteningly good and its great that BR sees them as part of the future too.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Jerome Sinclair joins Wigan
      Reply #1: Mar 13, 2015 06:59:17 pm
      Great for Sinclair and Ojo to get first team football at just 17 years of age. Not many PL teams seem to do this for my liking.
      Do what mate; give first team football to 17 year old players or loan 17 year old players out?  :confused-smiley-013:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Mar 13, 2015 08:31:12 pm
      Do what mate; give first team football to 17 year old players or loan 17 year old players out?  :confused-smiley-013:

Don't matter which for me Mouse, either way they are gaining valuable experience, experience they wouldn't get playing ressie football,
      Look how Ibe floursihed after his spell at Derby & Birmingham, I think it's a very clever ploy by Brendan, he's telling the young stars their future is very bright and is prepared to put his trust in them, the other promising players at the academy will see this and put extra efforts in,

Next up I reckon will be young Harry Wilson, this lad just oozes class, not forgetting the likes of Rossiter, Branagan etc etc, the future really does look very rosy indeed when you consider the talent we have in abundance, so sending them out on loan or whatever can only benefit them, and of course the club, long term.

YNWA

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #3: Mar 13, 2015 08:34:44 pm
      Jerome Sinclair will join Sheyi Ojo at Wigan Athletic until the end of the season.

Looks like Brendan is doing his old friend Malky a favour.

Great for Sinclair and Ojo to get first team football at just 17 years of age. Not many PL teams seem to do this for my liking. Our young talent right now is frighteningly good and its great that BR sees them as part of the future too.

That's the crux of the matter right there mate. From what I've observed of the u18's & u21's over the last couple of season it's only us that have had the standout star talents that are capable of playing in the the EPL. Of course it helps that we've a manager with the cojones to play them. But when their talent is so blindingly obvious and you're having to work with a skeleton squad...it's a no brainer. There have been a couple of exceptions a la Barkley and Kane, but that's about it.

Thanks to Benitez we're now bearing fruit from the changes he made at the Academy and his policy of identifying and buying British born talent.     
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #4: Mar 13, 2015 09:10:19 pm
      That's the crux of the matter right there mate. From what I've observed of the u18's & u21's over the last couple of season it's only us that have had the standout star talents that are capable of playing in the the EPL. Of course it helps that we've a manager with the cojones to play them. But when their talent is so blindingly obvious and you're having to work with a skeleton squad...it's a no brainer. There have been a couple of exceptions a la Barkley and Kane, but that's about it.

Thanks to Benitez we're now bearing fruit from the changes he made at the Academy and his policy of identifying and buying British born talent.     

Strangely enough, although it's not his squad at the moment barring the odd player, the crux of our future squad (if more of these lads come through) could be regarded as Benitez's!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Mar 13, 2015 10:10:48 pm
      Fantastic news for everyone concerned.  Malky said he hoped to get him, he (Jerome) needs to step up from youth footy so if he plays and does well it's win, win.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Mar 14, 2015 12:31:12 am
      Awesome news. Hope he performs and develops for them.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #7: Mar 14, 2015 02:10:02 am
      Malky may have revealed himself to be a bit of a c**t, but he is a good coach, so this is a good move.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Mar 14, 2015 02:13:28 am
      Awesome news. Hope he performs and develops for them.

I hope he performs and develops for us.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Mar 14, 2015 09:23:58 am
      Malky may have revealed himself to be a bit of a c**t, but he is a good coach, so this is a good move.

He's good mates with Brendan too so we could develop a good working relationship for some more youngsters next season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Mar 14, 2015 10:03:55 am
      Hope the lad does well, a relegation battle on a pudding of a pitch is certainly character building and a long way from academy football. He is a real potential star of the future.

Quick Reply