Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rugby League (NRL)

Read 60688 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Rugby League (NRL)
      Mar 14, 2015 11:51:43 pm
      It's back and because my team has won 2 from 2, i'm starting a thread :D

First season that i think 6 teams could potentially win it, and 4 or 5 could get the wooden spoon.

But at the end of the day, the Penrith Panthers will take it out  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Massive 40-0 win today against the Titans even though they are sh*t.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Rugby League (NRL)
      Reply #1: Mar 16, 2015 12:16:50 am
      Go Panthers!

St Helens are my rugby league team but because of you I've picked the Panthers in the NRL. Downloaded both games to watch, will do when I have the time.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Mar 16, 2015 12:44:04 am
      It's back and because my team has won 2 from 2, i'm starting a thread :D

First season that i think 6 teams could potentially win it, and 4 or 5 could get the wooden spoon.

But at the end of the day, the Penrith Panthers will take it out  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Massive 40-0 win today against the Titans even though they are sh*t.

By the way, would you mind shortly describing the squad? Best and worst players, playing style, what I should pay attention to, that kind of thing. I'm quite new to the game so that would help!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3: Mar 16, 2015 01:09:23 am
      By the way, would you mind shortly describing the squad? Best and worst players, playing style, what I should pay attention to, that kind of thing. I'm quite new to the game so that would help!

Gladly!

Best players - Matt Moylan, Jamie Soward, James Segeyaro. They're the spine of the team along with Peter Wallace (the captain and halfback - kind of the typical midfield playmaker in football). Pretty much one of the best spines to a team in the whole league.

Moylan is the fullback. The ball runner but he has superb hands and vision - best fullback in the game after Greg Inglis imo.

Soward is the main playmaker alongside Wallace and he is the flair in the duo. Wallace is the guy who controls the tempo.

Segeyaro is pure excitement and brilliant. Speed off the mark, small but deft and hard to tackle - best dummy-half in the game right now.

Panthers are probably the most exciting team right now because we have a very simple set up but a lot of freedom is given to the guys to throw the ball around and keep the ball moving. A lot of speed in the side and the movement of them all is first class. Watch George Jennings' try against the Gold Coast Titans on the weekend to see how everything clicks with the side.

Can't really pick out worst players. In all honesty we have a really strong team right now with the best young talent in the game. The junior development in the Penrith area is by far considered the best in the world. Largest player pool to choose from and the coaching is the best. Moylan is only 23, Jennings is 21, Waitene-Zelezniak is 19, Cartwright is 20 and a host of other young lads who support the experienced guys.

The main thing to pick up on is to see who are the most fluent sides with the best structure. The teams who play with speed and individual brilliance - everything just flows through the side seamlessly and have a high completion rate (ie. very few errors). In attack every runner knows where to be and there's always support. In defence, it's tough and determined and really hard to run through.

Watch out for the Roosters, Souths, and Panthers if you want the best teams. Avoid the Dragons, Raiders, Titans.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Mar 16, 2015 04:02:30 am
      OK John the Panthers did well and had a good win but so did the Warriors against the Canberra Raiders. It was one of the best games I have seen the Warriors win,it was tough and bruising for the full 80 minutes.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5: Mar 16, 2015 04:22:09 am
      A bit early on in the season but I think the top 4 will consist of Roosters, Rabbithos, Panthers and the Storm.

Frustrating performance from my Raiders against the Warriors yesterday the whole set up of that club needs fixing brilliant at producing young talent but can never entice them with offers to stay  and long term deals. It does not help that Canberra is a hole as a city.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Mar 16, 2015 04:23:52 am
      Gladly!

Best players - Matt Moylan, Jamie Soward, James Segeyaro. They're the spine of the team along with Peter Wallace (the captain and halfback - kind of the typical midfield playmaker in football). Pretty much one of the best spines to a team in the whole league.

Moylan is the fullback. The ball runner but he has superb hands and vision - best fullback in the game after Greg Inglis imo.

Soward is the main playmaker alongside Wallace and he is the flair in the duo. Wallace is the guy who controls the tempo.

Segeyaro is pure excitement and brilliant. Speed off the mark, small but deft and hard to tackle - best dummy-half in the game right now.

Panthers are probably the most exciting team right now because we have a very simple set up but a lot of freedom is given to the guys to throw the ball around and keep the ball moving. A lot of speed in the side and the movement of them all is first class. Watch George Jennings' try against the Gold Coast Titans on the weekend to see how everything clicks with the side.

Can't really pick out worst players. In all honesty we have a really strong team right now with the best young talent in the game. The junior development in the Penrith area is by far considered the best in the world. Largest player pool to choose from and the coaching is the best. Moylan is only 23, Jennings is 21, Waitene-Zelezniak is 19, Cartwright is 20 and a host of other young lads who support the experienced guys.

The main thing to pick up on is to see who are the most fluent sides with the best structure. The teams who play with speed and individual brilliance - everything just flows through the side seamlessly and have a high completion rate (ie. very few errors). In attack every runner knows where to be and there's always support. In defence, it's tough and determined and really hard to run through.

Watch out for the Roosters, Souths, and Panthers if you want the best teams. Avoid the Dragons, Raiders, Titans.

Segeyaro is a gun!

Used to be my old man's work apprentice a few years back good lad by all accounts too.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #7: Mar 16, 2015 05:06:58 am
      OK John the Panthers did well and had a good win but so did the Warriors against the Canberra Raiders. It was one of the best games I have seen the Warriors win,it was tough and bruising for the full 80 minutes.

It was a decent win, Billy. Raiders arent there yet and Ricky Stuart is crap. And the Raiders are the whipping boys for the Warriors. Put nearly 200 on them in the past four games.

Next week will be a good test. Home to the Eels should be a tough game if Radradra and co are not out injured. Rest of the season relies on Shaun Johnson. Gun of a player.

Segeyaro is a gun!

Used to be my old man's work apprentice a few years back good lad by all accounts too.

Havent seen a bad word about him. I know he is very popular in the sheds and seeing him around our media team he is always willing to do a story or promo. Great guy.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: Mar 16, 2015 05:11:10 am
      A bit early on in the season but I think the top 4 will consist of Roosters, Rabbithos, Panthers and the Storm.

Frustrating performance from my Raiders against the Warriors yesterday the whole set up of that club needs fixing brilliant at producing young talent but can never entice them with offers to stay  and long term deals. It does not help that Canberra is a hole as a city.

And its hard to disagree with that top four although i think there are two or three sides who could play their part.

Wide open at both ends of the ladder this year. Usually a standout for both spots but a lot of quality sides and some utter crap.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Mar 16, 2015 07:16:35 am
      It was a decent win, Billy. Raiders arent there yet and Ricky Stuart is crap. And the Raiders are the whipping boys for the Warriors. Put nearly 200 on them in the past four games.

Next week will be a good test. Home to the Eels should be a tough game if Radradra and co are not out injured. Rest of the season relies on Shaun Johnson. Gun of a player.

Havent seen a bad word about him. I know he is very popular in the sheds and seeing him around our media team he is always willing to do a story or promo. Great guy.

The 2 English lads had good games for the Warriors and showed their class. By the way if the Panthers finish top do the Warriors share the kudos for teaching Ivan the coaching job.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #10: Mar 16, 2015 01:09:59 pm
      Go on you Tiges 8)

No expectations from this season, but just catching the first 15 or so minutes tonight, ripped a woeful Dragons side apart. Tedesco a bit of a Gandalf stuff. Bittersweet as a Benji fan to see him back in C'town like that, but them's the breaks.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Mar 17, 2015 07:23:21 am
      Go on you Tiges 8)

No expectations from this season, but just catching the first 15 or so minutes tonight, ripped a woeful Dragons side apart. Tedesco a bit of a Gandalf stuff. Bittersweet as a Benji fan to see him back in C'town like that, but them's the breaks.

Top 8 will be a massive season for the Tigers. Lots of youth, bit of experience and a fresh outlook. They'll benefit from this year for the future for sure.

Panthers v Roosters on Monday night Sydney time (my birthday! Big East Sydney vs West Sydney battle) and us v Mancs that morning. Should be a F***ing huge day.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #12: Mar 20, 2015 07:15:15 pm
      Can we use this thread for the Super League too?

Well, after beating the Wolves last night, the Saints are now 6 for 6 and top of the table. Leeds vs Wigan should be a good game tonight.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13: Mar 21, 2015 07:25:52 am
      Another good win for the Warriors today.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Mar 21, 2015 12:05:57 pm
      Raiders and Dragons are two sh*t teams but they produced a cracker tonight.

Can't F***ing wait for Penrith v Roosters on Monday night Sydney time. We're $3 outsiders! Ridiculous. Shouldn't be more than one or two tries in it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15: Apr 03, 2015 01:55:09 pm
      Wigan Warriors vs St Helens today!

Come on you Saints!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16: Apr 08, 2015 02:36:14 am
      Wigan Warriors vs St Helens today!

Come on you Saints!

Saints lost that, and then lost to Hull FC, making that 3 defeats in a row after 6 wins in the first 6.

In all of those defeats the team actually were not that bad, but are really suffering with injuries. It seems that every game we lose someone important!

Still haven't managed to watch the NRL matches I downloaded, but will do so soon. I have a new Australian boss at the organising committee and she is a big rugby league fan - Sydney Roosters supporter. However, she said she is an even bigger fan of the AFL, and just pointed me to a website with a streaming service where she watches all AFL games she wants on-demand. I might give it a try someday and see what the game is all about!

PS: could we scrap the "NRL" at the title so it doesn't feel wrong to talk about St Helens here? :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Apr 11, 2015 03:28:06 am
      Don't watch AFL. Have some respect for yourself.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #18: Apr 11, 2015 04:14:18 am
      Don't watch AFL. Have some respect for yourself.

haha I guess you're not a fan then?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19: Apr 12, 2015 08:36:53 am
      What happened to the Panthers this weekend. :o
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Apr 15, 2015 08:13:10 am
      What happened to the Panthers this weekend. :o

Starting the year as we finished the last - injured! A season ender already for our form player in Idriss, plus Wallace and Soward out for an extended time. Whare out for 2 weeks with a hamstring injury and a couple forwards carrying knocks.

Had a few debutants already this year and heading in to this weekends match, Mansour at 25 years old is our oldest backline player.

Unfortunate to have those injuries and run in to the form teams at the time with Knights and Cowboys (plus Roosters away) but we come up against Gold Coast and Sharks next two weeks. By then we should have both halves back and Whare, fingers crossed.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Apr 16, 2015 05:48:21 pm
      Starting the year as we finished the last - injured!

I don't know if it's just a coincidence but the amount of injuries in this sport is insane! St Helens are also having a lot of trouble with injured players in the Super League. Don't know if that's a regular aspect of rugby league or I'm just being unlucky
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Apr 16, 2015 09:08:56 pm
      I don't know if it's just a coincidence but the amount of injuries in this sport is insane! St Helens are also having a lot of trouble with injured players in the Super League. Don't know if that's a regular aspect of rugby league or I'm just being unlucky

When you bash and crash for 80 minutes with no protection it is to be expected. But to have so many key players out at once is very unlucky.

Quick Reply