Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rugby League (NRL)

Read 60682 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Rugby League (NRL)
      Reply #69: Feb 21, 2016 08:51:40 pm
      The demolition we were expecting from the start only began in the 2nd half, but the Cowboys did not disappoint.

Gonna be nice watching the Panthers in the World Club Challenge next year! ;D

I still haven't got round to watching any of those games.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #70: Mar 07, 2016 11:16:26 pm
      So, what about the first round of the NRL, crouchie?

Disappointed to see the Panthers lost but I'm watching a replay I downloaded right now and that Hiku try was a beauty
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #71: Mar 07, 2016 11:28:09 pm
      Don't bother. We won't do sh*t with our current halves.

Wallace needs to go and Te'Maire Martin needs to be fast tracked in to the first grade side.

Canberra are awful and we played as bad as we could to give them the win.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #72: Mar 07, 2016 11:28:50 pm
      There's a channel on YouTube called Sports Tube. It has all the round one highlights if you need.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #73: Mar 07, 2016 11:35:21 pm

Wallace needs to go and Te'Maire Martin needs to be fast tracked in to the first grade side.

Canberra are awful and we played as bad as we could to give them the win.

Losing Segeyaro for 6-8 weeks must be a major blow as well, isn't it? Also I was hoping to watch Moylan but he's still injured

My tactical awareness in rugby league is really poor, I haven't been watching it for very long and I'm still not familiar with all the players. It's easier to evaluate the Saints players as I recognise all of them on the pitch quite easily.

I like Hiku because I watched him play for the Kiwis. Segeyaro seems to be good and I thought Soward was one of the halves?
      Also, number 5 was quite soft in the tackle in one of their tries. Leaving the wing open as he did, he should have done far better in that tackle.

There's a channel on YouTube called Sports Tube. It has all the round one highlights if you need.

I'll take a look at it, thanks
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #74: Mar 07, 2016 11:43:46 pm
      Losing Segeyaro for 6-8 weeks must be a major blow as well, isn't it? Also I was hoping to watch Moylan but he's still injured

My tactical awareness in rugby league is really poor, I haven't been watching it for very long and I'm still not familiar with all the players. It's easier to evaluate the Saints players as I recognise all of them on the pitch quite easily.

I like Hiku because I watched him play for the Kiwis. Segeyaro seems to be good and I thought Soward was one of the halves?
      Also, number 5 was quite soft in the tackle in one of their tries. Leaving the wing open as he did, he should have done far better in that tackle.

I'll take a look at it, thanks

Yep Segeyaro is a blow because we lose a lot of creativity that Soward and (especially) Wallace lack.

Team news comes out in a couple hours. Will be interesting to see who comes in for him. We have a few options but none close to his ability.

Number 5 was Dallin Watene-Zelezniak. He had a punctured lung at the back end of last season and could've had heart issues. He's still recovering so will take time. Plenty of ability in him though and still very young.

Moylan should be back very soon. Probably not this week though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #75: Mar 10, 2016 10:51:12 am
      For fucks sake Panthers.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #76: Mar 10, 2016 12:33:49 pm
      First time I've cried at a sporting game in my life. That F***ing hurt. My best mate is a Bulldogs fan which made it worse as he sat next to me.

My teams just suck. Just F***ing sucks. Dominate 79 minutes and lose like that. Ugh. Sat there for 15 minutes after full time in my seat holding my head. Just a sh*t feeling.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #77: Mar 16, 2016 01:32:44 pm
      Raiders 2/2 cheering about that.

We have been sh*te though and rode our luck a little.

Crazy to lose both your halves for 6 weeks in round 1.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #78: Mar 19, 2016 12:26:55 pm

Wallace moves to hooker for Segeyaro and Te'Maire F***ing Martin scores a match winning try and field goal on debut!!!

It'll take a while to get over that win. That was F***ing huge to be 16 down against the Premiership favourites.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #79: Mar 19, 2016 12:55:38 pm
      Didn't watch this one but saw the result! I'll probably download it later to watch. Beating the Broncos is massive

In the Super League, Saints have been inconsistent just like they ended last year. At least there's a major surprise in the form of Widnes, they're top of the table and have beaten Wigan away from home! I'm interested to see if they can keep that kind of form for the rest of the season

They have a new winger signed from the NRL who is doing a great job for them, Corey Thompson is his name.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #80: Mar 19, 2016 12:58:27 pm
      They have a new winger signed from the NRL who is doing a great job for them, Corey Thompson is his name.

Yet another guy who will go there and tear it up. He was excellent for the Bulldogs two seasons ago and if i'm not mistaken ended up being their top scorer that year.

Just a bit too small for the game over here but definitely a good player. Was the unsung hero of the Dogs side that year.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #81: Mar 20, 2016 12:12:16 pm
      Wallace moves to hooker for Segeyaro and Te'Maire f**king Martin scores a match winning try and field goal on debut!!!

It'll take a while to get over that win. That was f**king huge to be 16 down against the Premiership favourites.

Watching this right now. I'm curious to watch Matt Moylan but he's still not back!
      Still in the first half here, Peta Hiku just scored - how do you like him so far for the Panthers?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #82: Mar 20, 2016 12:17:53 pm
      Watching this right now. I'm curious to watch Matt Moylan but he's still not back!
      Still in the first half here, Peta Hiku just scored - how do you like him so far for the Panthers?

Loving him so far.

Doing really well in defence, not afraid to get the ball and bring it out of our half and he's scored 3 tries in 3 weeks. He was great again yesterday.

Moylan is pencilled in for a return next weekend against the Dragons on Sunday local time. The extra day probably gives him a really good chance to play compared to if we would play on Friday/Saturday. Great timing too as Will Smith was awful last night.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #83: Mar 20, 2016 01:10:34 pm
      Cartwright is an offload machine! So cool to watch
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #84: Mar 20, 2016 01:24:15 pm
      Just finished watching the game. That was a superb 2nd half performance. I watched a bit of the Broncos last season during the finals and they're a great side so beating them must be massive. I guess it's still early in the season to recover from the defeats in the first couple of games. My favourite Panthers so far are Mansour, Cartwright and Hiku. And it was pretty special that the youngster Te Maire Martin scored the winning points.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #85: Mar 28, 2016 05:20:04 am
      Bloody hell Panthers, that's another disappointing defeat. After that Mansour try I thought the game was won. I should have known better.

I hope Cartwright's injury is not serious because he's one of my favourite players in that team.

1-3 doesn't seem to be a fair reflection of the Panthers performances so far but results are the only thing that matter in the end.

By the way how good is that fullback from the Dragons? The guy is a f**king monster, I was scared he would just run past players every time he got the ball
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #86: Mar 29, 2016 11:15:13 pm
      Bloody hell Panthers, that's another disappointing defeat. After that Mansour try I thought the game was won. I should have known better.

I hope Cartwright's injury is not serious because he's one of my favourite players in that team.

1-3 doesn't seem to be a fair reflection of the Panthers performances so far but results are the only thing that matter in the end.

By the way how good is that fullback from the Dragons? The guy is a f**king monster, I was scared he would just run past players every time he got the ball

Yep. Made the trip down the coast to watch it only to be abused by their fans for the entirety of it because of Merrin and Soward's past with the Dragons.

I finally got to turn around for 5 minutes and give them sh*t when we led until we decide to let a F***ing kick off go out of bounds and lose the game. Made for an embarrassing few minutes for me and i fu**ed off home.

We should be 4/4 having led every game inside the final 10 minutes and thrown it away 3 weeks now. F***ing annoying.

Cartwright is fine. Thumb was feared broken but it was a dislocation and he's back in the side this week. Smith was knocked out cold but he was walking down the street to the bus at full-time.

Good thing is we have a side who is putting in 80 minutes worth of effort but defensive lapses late in the game could be the difference between finals footy or not, especially against the likes of Dragons and Raiders who will be fighting with us to fill up the top eight. Just hope we learn from that second half where we gave our backs some ball and let Mansour, Hiku and Waitene-Zelezniak run the ball more by giving them some early ball and not just giving it to a forward to run up when we're on the attack.

And their fullback is Josh Dugan. A beast of a player but an absolute fuckwit. Google his past and his appreciation of Bacardi Breezers. He'll be playing Origin for NSW again this year.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #87: Mar 30, 2016 02:56:59 pm
      Yep. Made the trip down the coast to watch it only to be abused by their fans for the entirety of it because of Merrin and Soward's past with the Dragons.

I finally got to turn around for 5 minutes and give them sh*t when we led until we decide to let a f**king kick off go out of bounds and lose the game. Made for an embarrassing few minutes for me and i fu**ed off home.

We should be 4/4 having led every game inside the final 10 minutes and thrown it away 3 weeks now. F***ing annoying.

Cartwright is fine. Thumb was feared broken but it was a dislocation and he's back in the side this week. Smith was knocked out cold but he was walking down the street to the bus at full-time.

Good thing is we have a side who is putting in 80 minutes worth of effort but defensive lapses late in the game could be the difference between finals footy or not, especially against the likes of Dragons and Raiders who will be fighting with us to fill up the top eight. Just hope we learn from that second half where we gave our backs some ball and let Mansour, Hiku and Waitene-Zelezniak run the ball more by giving them some early ball and not just giving it to a forward to run up when we're on the attack.

And their fullback is Josh Dugan. A beast of a player but an absolute fuckwit. Google his past and his appreciation of Bacardi Breezers. He'll be playing Origin for NSW again this year.

It will be great to have Moylan back - it might take him a while to get back to his best but if he's anywhere as good as people say, he could make a big difference. Smith seems to be a serviceable backup but not anything special - didn't offer much in terms of "return" runs. And he was quite bad with the high ball against the Broncos too.

It's good that Cartwright is well because he makes the Panthers attack much less predictable, and I would say that being a bit too predictable (including with Soward's kicks locations) was one of the problems vs the Dragons.

I would also love to see the young fella (Martin #6) given a bit more responsibility, he seems to have insane pace (he nearly stopped the Dragons' first try) and have good skills as well, but vs the Dragons he was not frequently the first receiver, the ball going far too much to Soward who wasn't having a particularly good day I think.

I'm a rugby league noob so I might be talking crap though!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #88: Mar 31, 2016 04:21:07 am
      It's good that Cartwright is well because he makes the Panthers attack much less predictable, and I would say that being a bit too predictable (including with Soward's kicks locations) was one of the problems vs the Dragons.

100% agree. We were so predictable in that first half and it was easy to defend against. The problem with Carty is that sometimes he goes over the top with his flair and flamboyance and can give the ball away stupidly at times where we just need to grind it out. But he's a special player and he's still very young.

I agree with Martin, too. He's a ball runner and Soward/Wallace are trying to get him play too structured. He needs early ball to be able to work some of the space he has. It's ok if he's second receiver as long our line is set up to let him run against a sliding defence. But that never happened. The one time he tried to, it was in the first half and he got tackled out in to touch.

Soward's kicking was poor. It was aimed well but it had no height to give the opposition a tough time to catch it, or give our lads time to run it down and challenge the opposition. The kicks were just chipped to them most of the time.

BTW we just launched our $22 million academy which looks pretty amazing.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #89: Mar 31, 2016 05:14:52 am
      100% agree. We were so predictable in that first half and it was easy to defend against. The problem with Carty is that sometimes he goes over the top with his flair and flamboyance and can give the ball away stupidly at times where we just need to grind it out. But he's a special player and he's still very young.

I agree with Martin, too. He's a ball runner and Soward/Wallace are trying to get him play too structured. He needs early ball to be able to work some of the space he has. It's ok if he's second receiver as long our line is set up to let him run against a sliding defence. But that never happened. The one time he tried to, it was in the first half and he got tackled out in to touch.

Soward's kicking was poor. It was aimed well but it had no height to give the opposition a tough time to catch it, or give our lads time to run it down and challenge the opposition. The kicks were just chipped to them most of the time.

BTW we just launched our $22 million academy which looks pretty amazing.

Yes I saw that on facebook, looks pretty impressive indeed!

On another news I'm hearing that Tommy Makinson, St Helens winger and IMO one of the best players in the Super League might be injured for the rest of the year. Really hope it's only a rumour from an internet forum because that would be a huge shame.

Mansour reminds me a lot of Makinson, maybe that's why I really like him so far
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #90: Mar 31, 2016 11:54:37 am
      Yes I saw that on facebook, looks pretty impressive indeed!

On another news I'm hearing that Tommy Makinson, St Helens winger and IMO one of the best players in the Super League might be injured for the rest of the year. Really hope it's only a rumour from an internet forum because that would be a huge shame.

Mansour reminds me a lot of Makinson, maybe that's why I really like him so far

If he's like Mansour, that's a massive blow.

Don't know if you know this but St Helens and Panthers have a sort of gentlemen's partnership. I was happy to hear it at the start of the year that the clubs look out for each other and work in conjunction with each other as St Helens have had a lot of former Panthers in their ranks and they're the closest side to Liverpool which is why i like to watch them whenever I'm up late and they're on TV.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #91: Apr 03, 2016 01:32:30 pm
      YES PENRITH! F***ing YES!

What a F***ing win that was. The sheer F***ing joy of giving it to the Eels supporting cu*ts in their own ground is a feeling that cannot be matched.

And Matthew Moylan that no look pass for Mansour's try was F***ing beautiful. Moylan > Hiku > Mansour is a jizztastic prospect! Now we have to get Mansour's agent on the phone and get his contract sorted as it's up at the end of the season.

Quick Reply