Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

The Jordan Henderson Contract Situation [Signed 23 April 2015]

Read 21988 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      The Jordan Henderson Contract Situation [Signed 23 April 2015]
      Mar 16, 2015 12:48:44 pm
      I thought as Sterling has his own topic(apart from player one) that our future skipper should.
      if true Hendo turned down 100k a week and has said he is happy to wait till the summer. I for one think he should be on close to Sturridges wages and be one of our biggest earners if he's going to be captain. i think Sturride will be our top earner once Gerrard steps down as lets be honest once fully fit he bangs in the goals.
      Now is Hendo's agent waiting to see what Sterling gets to then have some weight to say hay i think Hendo should be on more being the captain. i would offer hendo 110k a week for a 6yr deal and Sterling 100k a week as a take it or leave it offer. I think they will both sign to be honest but agents are turning the game into a greedy horrible sport to be involved in.
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2015 02:15:46 pm by JD »
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Re: The Henderson Contract Situation
      Reply #1: Mar 16, 2015 01:53:16 pm
      Hendo knows hes not better than Coutinho so will be asking for 65-70k a week.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Mar 16, 2015 01:55:03 pm

Different positions and types of players. Coutinho isn't better than Hendo in the box-box role, and Hendo isn't better than Coutinho in the #10 role as a creative player!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: Mar 16, 2015 02:28:29 pm

He's been on that since we signed him 4 years ago as a 21 year old mate!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #4: Mar 16, 2015 03:13:48 pm
      Both Jordan and Raheem will sign I'm sure, this has agents all over it, and more than anything probably linked to the fact that they don't want to tie up their clients now in March when there are things up in the air that could affect the going rates of any new deal across football such as the new TV deal for the PL and the new deal in the CL.. The second of the two dependent of if we get there. Both of those will affect the rate and I'd imagine that the agents just won't talk right now until we are sure where we will be playing next year.

However I think they stay no matter if we didn't finish top 4, but I think that these talks have just fallen in the wrong time with all the fresh TV deals about to kick in next season.

I can't be bothered to get upset about what they get or don't get.. Personally I think they will both sort out a deal over the summer and both stay. We will just have to wait until then for them to be concluded
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Mar 16, 2015 04:40:05 pm
      He's been on that since we signed him 4 years ago as a 21 year old mate!

Wish some people would do even a little bit of research :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6: Mar 16, 2015 04:46:01 pm
      Wish some people would do even a little bit of research :D

Maybe he thought that with him being so young, coming from an inferior club like Sunderland and not achieved or won anything to "prove" his worth that he was on a "trainee" contract like Cou was and Raheem still is  ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Mar 16, 2015 04:48:51 pm
      et upset about what they get or don't get.. Personally I think they will both sort out a deal over the summer and both stay. We will just have to wait until then for them to be concluded

I wouldn't mind me one of those trainee contracts ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #8: Mar 16, 2015 04:51:23 pm

I wouldn't mind one week of their money, I could buy three terraced houses and become a landlord!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9: Mar 16, 2015 05:30:03 pm

Wouldn't we all mate but then we're not trainee footballers.

But if I was I'd want the going rate, not because I'm greedy but because I know I can  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #10: Mar 17, 2015 04:38:48 pm
      another goal to add to his value we seriously need to just go back to his agent say set the price but then we say we want long term of 6yrs so they have to meet us in the middle. we pay high wages but its for a very long contract
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11: Mar 17, 2015 06:20:16 pm
      for fucks sake.
      They both said they're waiting til the summer.

No fuss, no big deal, just waiting til the season finishes.
      By then the club and the players will both be in stronger positions if we qualify for CL.

Storm in a F***ing teacup, both this and the Sterling sh*te that's going on just because a couple of rags decide to stir the sh*t.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #12: Mar 18, 2015 02:20:25 am
      yes calm down ladies. henderson will sign. the agents are doing their scummy jobs.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: Mar 18, 2015 11:11:03 am
      they don't want to tie up their clients now in March when there are things up in the air that could affect the going rates of any new deal across football such as the new TV deal for the PL and the new deal in the CL.. The second of the two dependent of if we get there. Both of those will affect the rate and I'd imagine that the agents just won't talk right now until we are sure where we will be playing next year.

/Fin.

Everyone fretting in this and the Sterling thread, just consider what PD says here... Both players have years on their deal, therefore they can afford to wait till the summer to negotiate, which suits them and their agents.

The chances of either of them not signing come the summer are slim to none I think.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #14: Mar 18, 2015 12:14:44 pm
      Ajayi, stop obsessing over contracts. Half your posts make some reference to contracts even when it is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. You aren't a bad poster, but recently you are in danger of becoming one. Sort your sh*t out, and stop being a bellend.

I feel like you aren't going to get the message unless it is battered into your skull so the rest of this post will be the first sentence repeated over and over again.

Ajayi, stop obsessing over contracts.

Are we done yet?

Edit to clarify what the specific problem with it is; you derail topics by bringing up contracts in irrelevant situations, you mindlessly repeat garbage from newspapers which I wouldn't wipe my arse with as if they are facts (see your original post for details), you exaggerate the importance of the issue far beyond its merits, and you talk about nothing else.

agents are turning the game into a greedy horrible sport to be involved in.

And you are helping them with your obsession with contracts. When the fans obsess over contracts and fees, how can the sport being anything over than money focused? There's a poster on here (I can't remember who, but I'm sure they will pipe up) who aptly describes us as being turned into a fanbase of accountants. Its unhealthy.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015 12:27:03 pm by Thaddeus »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #15: Mar 18, 2015 02:07:58 pm

There might be a few Reds, on here, who could fix you up with a trainee contract, of sorts, mcarz.

Although maybe your talents and skill-set lie in a different area: say bartending or hairdressing?

I say - go for it and who knows... 3, 4 or 5 years from now, you might be one of the best and the owner of the salon (knowing that they might lose you and with you, a fortune) might just come looking you; wonderful offer in hand. Don't lose hope buddy.  :laugh:

Warning: There might be a downside - they might, after only a few months, realise that you're pish and lend you out to a dog grooming parlour to wash poodle's holes.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #16: Mar 19, 2015 11:57:09 am
      Ajayi, stop obsessing over contracts. Half your posts make some reference to contracts even when it is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. You aren't a bad poster, but recently you are in danger of becoming one. Sort your sh*t out, and stop being a bellend.

woke up on the wrong side of the bed have we? Firstly dont call me a bellend as you dont know me! this is a forum to discuss all Liverpool topics and yes i'm going on about the contract situation recently because its an issue with the fact that two of our players have rejected offers. If you dont like or agree with my posts that's fine as we all have opinions but you dont start insulting other fans mate as that's not on. The title of the thread is the Henderson Contract situation so surely if you didnt like that topic you didnt have to open it just to troll or insult a fellow fan. i wont apologies for talking about how long players have etc as its nearly summer so will be a big issue if they all chose not to sign and move on wont it. keep negative opinions out of it as i'm happy to discuss this issue with fans who would like to discuss it.
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2015 12:08:01 pm by ajayi82 »
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #17: Mar 19, 2015 03:39:05 pm
      Personally I think both hendo and sterling will stay at least for a couple more years.  Hendo for some reason I think will be with us for quite some time.  He really looks up to Stevie and imo wants to mirror him as much as he can

also for whats it worth.... I wouldn't mind Hendo becoming the captain.  I like him a lot and recently he has added goals to his game (one of the biggest critique people had about him in the past).  the lad is hard working, he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders and he sticks up for his teammates. 
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #18: Mar 19, 2015 05:33:46 pm
      Everyones always using Coutinho's new contract as a measuring stick but some people may think that particualr deal under values him greatly... ?.. I think FSG did a little sneaky on him imo..lolol
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #19: Mar 19, 2015 05:35:24 pm
      woke up on the wrong side of the bed have we? Firstly dont call me a bellend as you dont know me! this is a forum to discuss all Liverpool topics and yes i'm going on about the contract situation recently because its an issue with the fact that two of our players have rejected offers. If you dont like or agree with my posts that's fine as we all have opinions but you dont start insulting other fans mate as that's not on. The title of the thread is the Henderson Contract situation so surely if you didnt like that topic you didnt have to open it just to troll or insult a fellow fan. i wont apologies for talking about how long players have etc as its nearly summer so will be a big issue if they all chose not to sign and move on wont it. keep negative opinions out of it as i'm happy to discuss this issue with fans who would like to discuss it.

I'm not against people generally discussing the contract - not even you - but you are doing it in almost every thread. Much of the time you behave like a reasonable and likable enough person, but your obsession with the contracts is unhealthy and incredibly irritating. Furthermore, you repeat utter sh*t from disreputable papers that anyone with any intelligence would reject as at best guesswork and at worst blatant lies - this alone is very unhelpful.

If you keep it in just this thread and the Sterling one from now on, I won't have a problem with you. I still will think you are a mug for stressing over it, however.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,395 posts | 3398 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #20: Mar 19, 2015 07:54:18 pm
      I wouldn't mind one week of their money, I could buy three terraced houses and become a landlord!

i would buy a chain of pubs and drink them dry
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #21: Mar 19, 2015 10:33:40 pm
      for fucks sake.
      They both said they're waiting til the summer.

No fuss, no big deal, just waiting til the season finishes.
      By then the club and the players will both be in stronger positions if we qualify for CL.

Storm in a f**king teacup, both this and the Sterling sh*te that's going on just because a couple of rags decide to stir the sh*t.

No it's not mate, if you read through the Sterling thread you will see that the arguments for and against aren't just centred around Sterling. It shows a divide in people's opinions on how the club should be run and how it should approach the issue of contracts/wages. The Stir.ing debate itself is predicated on a bunch of hypotheticals, rumours and conclusion jumping but it's but still, I think it's been a pretty good debate to be honest, frustrating that not everyone agrees with my viewpoint and I can't figure out why the foooook not! but a good debate none the less.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #22: Mar 20, 2015 09:48:26 am
      I'm not against people generally discussing the contract - not even you - but you are doing it in almost every thread. Much of the time you behave like a reasonable and likable enough person, but your obsession with the contracts is unhealthy and incredibly irritating. Furthermore, you repeat utter sh*t from disreputable papers that anyone with any intelligence would reject as at best guesswork and at worst blatant lies - this alone is very unhelpful.

If you keep it in just this thread and the Sterling one from now on, I won't have a problem with you. I still will think you are a mug for stressing over it, however.
      ok i can keep it to the two threads that's a valid put still show a bit of stupidity by insulting me but if that's how you get your kicks i wont rise to it. if you knew me lad you wouldnt call me a mug as i'm far from it so lets draw a line under it now and get back to supporting the team and not insulting fellow fans.. its done now
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2015 11:20:31 am by ajayi82 »

Quick Reply