Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool v Man Utd Sunday 22nd March 1.30pm

Read 20801 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Liverpool v Man Utd Sunday 22nd March 1.30pm
      Mar 18, 2015 11:19:26 am
      A big game for both teams where a loss would be a set back for both in the quest for Top 4.
      A draw would not be a bad result but as we are at home nothing less than a win against the scum to avenge the game earlier in the season will do.

Will Brendan revert back to Raheem up front and drop Sturridge who is still not 100%. There again as we saw in the game at OT we need someone to put the chances away and no one better in our squad to take a goal than Sturridge.

The other quandary will be RCB as was shown after their game v Spuds Elbows caused a lot of trouble from the right side and I can see a lot of diagonal crosses hoping Rooney picks up a knockdown.
      Can is fairly weak in the air so do we bring in Lovren our best aerial player but lose ball playing ability?

Other side of me thinks if we stop the crosses at source why worry about a shithouse like Fellatio, we should not have to change our formation for someone of his ability.

I would bring Marko back into RWB and look at pressing them high up the pitch with Hendo, Couts, Lallana and Raheem scaring the sh*t out of their back line into a mistake.

Gerrard to come off the bench in the second half to score a 25 harder.

I can't wait!!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Liverpool v Man Utd Sunday 22nd March 1.30pm
      Reply #1: Mar 18, 2015 12:46:27 pm
      Will Brendan revert back to Raheem up front and drop Sturridge who is still not 100%. There again as we saw in the game at OT we need someone to put the chances away and no one better in our squad to take a goal than Sturridge.

I kinda feel we need to play 3-4-1-2 instead of the regular 3-4-2-1. Raheem has to play upfront, his direct running and pace will really test their slow midfield and defence, and let Lazar do the defending in the RWB role. Plus Raheem does a brilliant job in dropping back and pressing.

Migs
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Allen-Moreno
      Coutinho
      Sterling-Sturridge

Subs - Jones, Lovren, Johnson, Gerrard, Lallana, Lambert, Mario

Prediction: 3-1, Mario to come on for the last 5 minutes or so, and add an icing on the cake  ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: Mar 18, 2015 01:27:21 pm
      I kinda feel we need to play 3-4-1-2 instead of the regular 3-4-2-1. Raheem has to play upfront, his direct running and pace will really test their slow midfield and defence, and let Lazar do the defending in the RWB role. Plus Raheem does a brilliant job in dropping back and pressing.

Migs
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Allen-Moreno
      Coutinho
      Sterling-Sturridge

Subs - Jones, Lovren, Johnson, Gerrard, Lallana, Lambert, Mario

Agree with your setup and team, though I must admit, I'd be tempted to play Lucas (I think he's back for this game?), he brings so much composure to the team, and allows us to play a more fluid passing game. On the other hand, Allen is tenacious, more pace and on form. Difficult to choose between those 2 for me.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3: Mar 18, 2015 01:48:38 pm
      Agree with your setup and team, though I must admit, I'd be tempted to play Lucas (I think he's back for this game?), he brings so much composure to the team, and allows us to play a more fluid passing game. On the other hand, Allen is tenacious, more pace and on form. Difficult to choose between those 2 for me.

Allen has to start this one. United have struggled when the opposition get in their faces. Allen and Henderson will do to United's midfield what they did to City's with their pressing game.

I'd probably start Lallana higher up as well for the same reason, especially in those first 15 minutes or so.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #4: Mar 18, 2015 01:50:22 pm
      Dont change a winning team for me. F**k altering our tactics they should be altering theirs coming to Anfield, we're the inform team in the league where the one's mounting the pressure on them. Lets blow these cu*ts away
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Mar 18, 2015 01:50:49 pm
      Migs
      Can-Skrtel-Sakho
      Lazar-Hendo-Allen-Moreno
      Coutinho
      Sterling-Sturridge

Exactly how I would play it too. 

If Can is struggling with the long balls to Fellelbows (like their fans are hoping), Brendan can always swap him with Skrtel like he has done a couple of times. 

Main things for me in these circumstances are Allen/Marko must be ready for the 2nd ball but we also need to pin Young (if he plays) as far back as possible, he must not be allowed to carry the ball or get crosses in.  Double up on him, give him no time or space and if necesarry take him out but on the half way line not near the penalty area.  As sure as eggs is eggs, he'll be diving like a gannet when anyone gets near him.

I want us to F**k these over more than ever, they're getting their cockiness back with where they are and even more so after the Spurs result, it's time we put them back in their place, below us.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #6: Mar 18, 2015 03:08:46 pm

If Lucas was match fit then I'd agree but he's not, even if he's fit enough to play. Allen is and put in a very good performance against Swansea so deserves to keep his place. Have Lucas on the bench for now. We don't need to tinker unless something isn't working.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #7: Mar 18, 2015 04:18:07 pm
      I'm really confident about this one. But what scares me about that is the fact that when I'm feeling this way, it goes tits up.

This game is massive, it's the first time in ages this game had such importance.

The atmosphere will be F***ing electric
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #8: Mar 18, 2015 07:48:25 pm
      This is massive ,a win against this lot and our confidence goes even further through the roof and severely dents thier top 4 assperations .

I want them thrashed,humiliated,smashed ripped to shreds ,chewed up and spat back down the east lancs road with thier confidence in tatters so that they spiral out of control and finish as low as possible.......cu*ts.:-)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #9: Mar 18, 2015 08:00:31 pm
      If we do our jobs we will win comfortably. We have better players.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #10: Mar 18, 2015 08:37:20 pm
      Thouroughly looking forward to this one, should be a great game and we owe them a trashing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: Mar 18, 2015 08:40:40 pm
      KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL!

On my birthday. If we F***ing lose to these cu*ts, at this moment of the season, on my birthday, i won't be seeing Tuesday put it that way.

KILLLLLLL!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #12: Mar 18, 2015 08:43:51 pm
      KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL!

On my birthday. If we F***ing lose to these cu*ts, at this moment of the season, on my birthday, i won't be seeing Tuesday put it that way.

KILLLLLLL!

Surely if we win the same result will be had? :laugh:  :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #13: Mar 18, 2015 09:29:51 pm
      Martin Atkinson has been appointed as the referee for Sunday.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Mar 18, 2015 09:35:20 pm
      Martin Atkinson has been appointed as the referee for Sunday.

There are better referees in the league that's all I'll say.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15: Mar 18, 2015 10:02:12 pm
      Apparently Pele will be at the match

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-welcome-pele-man-8866229

Courtesy of Subway Restaurants.
      Shame it wasn't courtesy of the little blue pill, imagine all the middle aged blokes causing mayhem in case of any free samples available   ;)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #16: Mar 18, 2015 10:15:01 pm
      Apparently Pele will be at the match

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-welcome-pele-man-8866229

Courtesy of Subway Restaurants.
      Shame it wasn't courtesy of the little blue pill, imagine all the middle aged blokes causing mayhem in case of any free samples available   ;)

Aw Pele welcome back to Anfield, don't try and sell us penile defective tablets please, just enjoy the atmosphere.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Mar 18, 2015 10:17:14 pm
      Surely if we win the same result will be had? :laugh:  :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005:

Uni first thing in the morning :(
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #18: Mar 18, 2015 10:21:25 pm

Liverpool >  Education... :laugh:

I jest, that sucks though, won't be too anti-social of a time to tune in at least for you?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #19: Mar 18, 2015 10:22:06 pm

I think I spent the whole of Uni pissed. It didn't help though.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Mar 18, 2015 10:24:56 pm
      Liverpool >  Education... :laugh:

I jest, that sucks though, won't be too anti-social of a time to tune in at least for you?

I agree with you but not many people will want to get sloshed at 3am Monday morning :D

Midnight kick off ain't too bad. It's the Sunday afternoon games UK times that kill us when kick off is 3-4am.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #21: Mar 18, 2015 10:33:02 pm
      Most important game of the year?

3-2 win for us is my prediction.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #22: Mar 18, 2015 10:33:02 pm
      I agree with you but not many people will want to get sloshed at 3am Monday morning :D

Midnight kick off ain't too bad. It's the Sunday afternoon games UK times that kill us when kick off is 3-4am.

Ouch! You'll be glad to get to the games during pre-season then eh? You and AR have it bad having to stay up that late, or wake up that early!

Quick Reply